Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2013 10:23 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At one point Lupin directly address the camera and thanks a fan for giving him the idea about the fake train station. Since the preview in episode 99 touted the 100th episode, I wonder if they ran some sort of contest to mark the occasion where a fan's idea would show up in this way.

They didn't actually integrate the trick very well, though. Lupin simply snatched the painting because the sheik foolishly dropped it in his drunkenness which didn't have anything to do with the station ruse. You might say that doing it at a fake station avoided attention from local police, but Lupin buried the real station in sand without being disturbed so that doesn't fit.

I was kind of expecting a final punchline saying that the painting was just what it appeared; an amateurish illustration, rather than the key to a hidden treasure or something.
Oct 3, 2016 11:17 PM

Jan 2012
In which Lupin faces Zenigata over his grandfather's painting! 100 episodes! Pretty neat that this and the next episode's plots were fan submitted via contest. The gay stereotype runner wasn't so neat. I wonder if it was included by the contest winner. The whole wine plot point was an enormous cheat too, seeing as we're only shown Fujiko, Goemon and Jigen spread them around the train after the fact. It's vaguely hinted at earlier but eh. Nice to see Zenigata so on top of things, until it fell apart at the end.
Nov 5, 2016 3:28 AM

Jul 2008
The 100th episode and it's about a guy obsessed with Zenigata's butt...not what I would have gone with.
Mar 14, 2019 7:38 AM

Oct 2012
I get it Zenigata's butt is way too sexy
Naibaba's rape face though xD
If that's not a good time to run away, I don't know what else

Good, but butt jokes are too many, it made me giggled few time though
I don't know what's wrong with me xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 30, 2019 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
That president was a disgrace. xD But a painting by Lupin the First, huh. Zenigata did a good job protecting it on the way. Fujiko, Goemon, and Jigen sure suffered to put those bottles in that wagon. But the poor guy was sexually harassed because of his nice butt too, so I guess everyone suffered here. At least Lupin got his grandfather's painting I guess thanks to his fan's idea.
Jan 1, 2022 2:10 PM
Apr 2015
Zenigata did a lot of cool things in the episode. He seemed to have even picked up a few tricks from Lupin.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 65 Discussion

Serhiyko - Aug 24, 2013

8 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 23 Discussion

animefan8800 - Mar 25, 2016

5 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 5 Discussion

Arcanus - Aug 10, 2013

5 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 16 Discussion

Fronzel - Oct 3, 2012

8 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 59 Discussion

Shocked - Oct 18, 2014

7 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.