Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2013 9:55 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I seriously didn't expect them to kill Laura. I guess the only characters we may be sure will never die are main cast, the rest may be dispensable
Oct 19, 2014 10:45 PM

Jan 2010

Zenigata? In a touching/badass moment? I never thought I'd see the day. Also, this series has had killing before, but I think this is the first time actual blood has been shown that I can remember.
Aug 14, 2016 7:13 PM

Jan 2012
Geez killing Laura certainly surprised me, especially in Part II Lupin. It was obvious Zenigata wouldn't end up with her, but this definitely came out of left field. Part II Lupin's had tragedy before, but I'd definitely consider this the most depressingly tragic episode of Part II Lupin so far, from memory anyway. The comedy of Lupin leading the mob goons around by the nose at the end didn't mesh well with it either. Both Lupin, and especially Fujiko look pretty bad in the end too. She was effectively complicit in Laura's death while Lupin comes off as an ass offering to introduce Pops to another girl so soon, though definitely an in-character one. I guess if nothing else this serves as a reminder that while the Lupin regulars are usually likeable and easy enough to root for they are, in fact, criminals with unsavory sides too. Something it sometimes becomes easy to forget.
Sep 27, 2016 2:36 AM

Jul 2008
Damn she actually died, did not see that coming.

And also Fujiko, she deserved far worse in this episode.
Jul 18, 2017 3:18 PM
Aug 2015
Shocked said:

Zenigata? In a touching/badass moment? I never thought I'd see the day. Also, this series has had killing before, but I think this is the first time actual blood has been shown that I can remember.

I have seen anime that has done this numerous times and Very few can pull it off. Lupin the III is one of those few.
Mar 11, 2019 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
Episode 69 huhehe

I always don't get it why Fujiko always forgiven at the end of the day
She have done a lot of worse things than Lupin & gang

Awwww, Zenigata :(
"Signature removed"
Apr 18, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
Surprising turn of events, but Fujiko is still being Fujiko xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2019 4:41 AM

Sep 2011
Good and poignant episode. Zenigata really wanted to save Laura, and did what he could even after Lupin was "killed." It's a pity Laura gave up and spoke in the end, but I can't blame her. Her husband was terrible by implanting that bomb, and then she became a target of the mafia, no wonder she despaired. At least Lupin made sure they paid for killing her.
Oct 14, 2019 12:46 AM

Jan 2014
Excellent episode that really gave Zenigata time to shine and what an episode it was! This was simply a great set up for an episode; poor Laura 😢 no matter where she goes her life exists in a cage with her voice being both the key and guillotine to her freedom.

I really like how Zenigata asked for Lupin's help by threatening to arrest him in an attempt to keep his officer image intact but ultimately he and Laura bow their heads to ask for his aid. Of course Lupin will help them and I love how he just he says he will just steal that safe and toss it into a volcano or something sounds about right for his style XD

Plus Zenigata getting all embarrassed about being in love is just too pure the guy is a man of pride and passion!

Man Fujiko in this episode you are damn cold in this outing! At first I thought nah she is not really killing them she gave them a way out or something because it would be much more profitable to tag along with them in heists (and/or rip them off along the way XD) so when I saw her concerned with the Mafia boss sitting on top of the safe I thought all was well until the camera panned down and revealed it was actually Lupin in disguise and I was just . . . . . . . . damn Fujiko how could you do that how much money were you paid O-O for that I thought her new hair style was fitting very Femme fatale - esque. Also, while her antics were funny with her blowing a kiss to Lupin promising to visit his grave from taking a nap waiting for Zenigata's response to getting terrified by his frog that she did a back flip out of the bed to get away from it XD and then ultimately fainting too funny! But, those moments are dampened by what she did I agree she should have received a harsher sentence then just being bound and gagged! Though it did make for an interesting dynamic her being hired by the enemies to work against Lupin instead of just straight up betraying him; a dynamic I am sure we will see again in the Lupin-verse.

But, the heart of this episode both the tugging and breaking is definitely Zenigata and Laura! I like Laura she has nice and sweet looking eyes and her cute hair curls are just a great touch ^-^ To find a man who would do anything to protect her without concern for his own life or without anything to gain and even begging his enemy Lupin for help what sweet women wouldn't fall for someone like that? Then when he gives her his jacket and pretends not to be cold trying to mask it with his can do attitude and then declaring his love for her and she overhears and grasps his jacket she is wearing with a face that says; I am so lucky to have a man like Zenigata protecting me X3 too sweet and adorable. Then when she gets knocked out and he watches over her with deep concern and she embraces him asking him to call her by her first name and they almost kiss . . . . only for her to get shot by a henchman and the words they stole from her with their recording being her tender request to be called by her first name . . . . . just heart wrenchingly tragic 😔

The look Zenigata dons after Laura's murder is that of a man aiming for revenge the heartless bastards that pursued her will surely pay! It was poetic justice for the explosive device lodged in Laura's heart that held her prisoner so long to be the instrument that evaporates those criminals from this world and I agree Zenigata looked incredibly badass walking away from that explosion and that cut from him tearfully remembering Laura to the return to his serious face of resolve; a perfect touch!

I like to think Zenigata and Laura would have been great for each other; I know he would have done anything to ensure she would never lose her smile and she who has seen how warm and protective he is would always want to make him happy for showing her such kindness :')

But, sadly this was a story of tragic loss; heart breaking yes but it made for an phenomenal episode!
TheCrimsonEyeOct 14, 2019 12:51 AM

Feb 9, 2023 11:54 AM
Apr 2015
I noticed that Lupin changed his shoes overnight when disguised as Fujiko. I guess he must have noticed his own hairy feet the night beforr.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 65 Discussion

Serhiyko - Aug 24, 2013

8 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 23 Discussion

animefan8800 - Mar 25, 2016

5 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 5 Discussion

Arcanus - Aug 10, 2013

5 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 16 Discussion

Fronzel - Oct 3, 2012

8 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 59 Discussion

Shocked - Oct 18, 2014

7 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.