Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 15, 2016 3:55 PM

Jun 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
DmonHiro said:
I understand why people are upset about this anime, but think it through: there's no way to adapt the routes of Rewrite into an anime anyway. They might have well just mangles every route together so at least you understand what happens in Moon and Terra. You need to know the backstory of the charatcers, their powers, etc, to understand Moon and Terra. Now.... if they fuck those up... I'm going to be PISSED.

Bullshit. 48 eps (like with Little Busters), better studio (like White Fox) and something like a budget - that's it. But now it's too late and (thanks to 8bit/Aniplex) Rewrite's reputation is in a garbage bin. And it's there to stay.

Why are you still active here lol

~~

tbh my biggest issue with this shit isn't that "it didn't adapt all the routes" and that nonsense, if they adapt all the routes everything will seem too repetitive and convenient and that is bad writing in anime, so the original route idea is a better idea.

but this show's original route was very poorly written and very heavy on comedy that it was disgusting, also sometimes it tried to play with viewer's emotions by doing the "haha do you remember this from the early parts?" thing, which was totally weak because this show's timeframe is short af.

if this original route had more despair to it and more buildup for the climax and a better way to show the relation between Kotarou and kagari then it would have been better.

But thats just the second problem of this show

The actual big ass issue in this show is its visuals, sound directing and scheduling.

Like seriously, Grisaia got Jin Aketagawa as the sound director, that guy is one of the most well-known sound directors in the business, and what did Rewrite get? an inexperienced sound director who is actually a producer but switched to sound directing and he totally sucks at it.

also the Director of Photography (the guy that add visual filters/effects to the animation and backgrounds) is a noob as well, that fucking bright ass light on the top left is disgusting, also he made the bland color design look even worse.

And last but not least, the animation and scheduling, like dude, the only good animator in this show is Masayuki Nonaka, and he is not enough to make this show look good because he is just one man and because of the heavy time constrains, if you see any good frame in this show, then its a Nonaka frame,

Each episode has about 12 animation directors and it still managed to look like shit (a normal anime episode from a normal production team would have one animation director per episodes, and 3 if the situation gets bad)

This show's production is truly hell, and the worst thing is, this is the anime for a Key visual novel, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE THE PRODUCERS THINKING ABOUT?

There is a big ass limit to being an asshole, Aniplex should never work with Key ever again, tbh Warner Bros x J.C Staff would have been better than Aniplex x 8-Bit.

Zayd__Oct 15, 2016 4:08 PM
Oct 15, 2016 10:43 PM
Nov 2015
Does anyone know Narcissu visual novel? I do enjoy listening the OST
Oct 21, 2016 2:01 PM
Nov 2010
Oh, they're actually going VN-style, with different routes and time resets. I can't say I think well of that idea, since it'll probably just make things even worse.

Anyways, the cast was too big for the anime, so it was quite challenging to keep trying to remember a character each time their name is mentioned or even each time they show up on the screen. Many happenings and interactions were illogical, which is what I expected. The music was composed and used very well. The plot actually got me interested near the end, as I wondered what the author's gonna do, but, apparently, the author was wondering the same and just went with time resets/routes.
Oct 22, 2016 8:26 PM

Apr 2012
havent done anything with the Visual novel so i know ive missed somethings last ep just be crap may or may not have 2 do with that
Oct 25, 2016 12:32 PM

Dec 2015
Yet another uncomfortable night awaits me because I'll have to sleep on a tear-drenched pillow.

Still, I'm so satisfied with that ending and I know how rushed the whole anime is and that it's nothing compared to the night novels but I'm filled with content.
Oct 30, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2009
Terrible final episode to an okay-ish series. 6/10 I guess...

All the fight scenes felt so so awkward...
Nov 18, 2016 8:14 PM

Feb 2014
I liked this show, but.............

....everything I watched was just one of the many other timelines that failed?
Aside a personal enjoyment, watching this was pointless, it seems.

No.. I don't want to believe it....
TechOtakuNov 18, 2016 8:24 PM
Nov 19, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Viteracf said:

There is a second season coming out in Winter 2017 though, so it wasn't really pointless, especially considering the events that will be transcribing in this new season (This season was an anime original route, the next season adapts the two true routes).
Nov 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2015
Authoaria said:
Viteracf said:

There is a second season coming out in Winter 2017 though, so it wasn't really pointless, especially considering the events that will be transcribing in this new season (This season was an anime original route, the next season adapts the two true routes).

Probably in a really bad way.

Also, this part: "an anime original route" - really cracks me up. How about we use simpler term for that: "garbage".
Nov 20, 2016 2:34 PM

Feb 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Authoaria said:

Also, this part: "an anime original route" - really cracks me up. How about we use simpler term for that: "garbage".

Or use a none-subjective term to describe it such as "anime original route" since that is exactly what it is.

Also out of curiosity, are you going to stick around when the second season airs? I don't mind it, it's just I always see you reply to every other person talking about how big of a trash pile the anime is. I think we all get your distaste for the anime, but it doesn't really add to the discussion restating your opinion over and over again, especially with those who want to discuss the show or say something even slightly positive.

Anyways, I have very slight hope for a cohesive story. I already know the art will be rather bad, but I'm just hoping they adapt straight from the Visual Novel and don't try to throw in bad and repetitive humor again.
Nov 21, 2016 5:14 AM

Apr 2015
Authoaria said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Or use a none-subjective term to describe it such as "anime original route" since that is exactly what it is.

Also out of curiosity, are you going to stick around when the second season airs? I don't mind it, it's just I always see you reply to every other person talking about how big of a trash pile the anime is. I think we all get your distaste for the anime, but it doesn't really add to the discussion restating your opinion over and over again, especially with those who want to discuss the show or say something even slightly positive.

Anyways, I have very slight hope for a cohesive story. I already know the art will be rather bad, but I'm just hoping they adapt straight from the Visual Novel and don't try to throw in bad and repetitive humor again.

There are no postitives in this thing. I'm not counting the soundtrack (which is often used really poorly here anyway), but that's straight from the VN, so... yeah.
And, to answer your question: I think I'll stick around for the second season. God help me.
Dec 18, 2016 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
Disappointing as expected. Much worse than the Little Busters adaptation.
Dec 28, 2016 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
This show was honestly a delightful surprise to me! I didn't expect much from it at the start but I really did end up liking it and all the characters!
Can't wait for the next season!
8/10 for me!
Jan 1, 2017 6:31 AM
Dec 2015
well. everyone died.
the end.
i didn't watch like maybe 6 episodes of backstory to see everyone go out like that.
Jan 1, 2017 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
Sunomeow said:
well. everyone died.
the end.
i didn't watch like maybe 6 episodes of backstory to see everyone go out like that.

There is a reason for that, and the second season shall explain everything to you.
Jan 12, 2017 1:49 PM
Apr 2014
Honestly I can only repeat what I said about the first episode. What the fuck is even going on? I'm seriously surprised this was the end considering there is a sequel. This could have just as well ended here. And I wouldn't even be mad.

So does Kotarou have abilities on his own or were all his powers from the key?
Jan 13, 2017 8:31 PM

Jan 2015
Nanashi said:
Honestly I can only repeat what I said about the first episode. What the fuck is even going on? I'm seriously surprised this was the end considering there is a sequel. This could have just as well ended here. And I wouldn't even be mad.

So does Kotarou have abilities on his own or were all his powers from the key?

Kotarou's own power is the Rewrite "increase his physical abilities by willing his body to change. However, these increases are permanent and irreversible. Furthermore, if he overuses his rewrite powers, he risks losing his humanity."

But it's from Key \/

Resembles the power spot where the Key born and her ribbons (referring to VN, because the anime shown it shaped as claws only) S1 should have explained better about what is the Key
Arikado-Jan 13, 2017 8:35 PM
Jan 14, 2017 2:53 AM
Apr 2014
Arikado- said:

Kotarou's own power is the Rewrite "increase his physical abilities by willing his body to change. However, these increases are permanent and irreversible. Furthermore, if he overuses his rewrite powers, he risks losing his humanity."

ahh tyvm. That's what I wanted to know :P Wasn't sure if that was triggered by the key, too, or if he was able to do that without the power of the key already.
Feb 26, 2017 11:52 PM
Feb 2017
Love this show thoroughly, the only problem i had was the odd pace love the new season too. Ps dont listen to vn elitists this show is excellent for an ANIME ORIGINAL PLOT.
Mar 27, 2017 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
Well that was one of the most underwhelming and retarded endings I've ever seen.
Humanity loses. Possibly an environmentalist message. Because fuck humanity. Despite all of the love the friends had for each other, that's not good enough, humanity still sucks apparently.
Jesus. This was bad. And I'm not even going to get started on the horrendous pacing and the mediocrity of the animation directing.
Mar 27, 2017 7:59 AM

Jun 2016
I feel a bit disappointed on Rewrite. The story seems rushed because as i observe too many scenes have been fast forwarded. But overall it was OK, it's also great how the progress on the New World turned out to be good, at the same time it's sad because Kotarou endured a lot of pain to accomplish his promise on Kagari.

Their Kiss on the moon is so romantic~
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Apr 16, 2017 8:27 PM

Apr 2015
damn that tragic ending... i like it
Apr 20, 2017 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
Now I know why I rated it a 6, goddamn rushed. And everyone dies. Didn't know Kotarou was dead to begin with, more to add in Kotori's backstory...

Time for S2.
Jun 15, 2017 7:27 AM

Mar 2015
Umm. What. What did I just watch? I really have no idea how to react to this but I'll definitely give its second season a chance

5/10 I guess?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 6, 2017 1:32 PM

Apr 2010
I just hope that 2nd season is better. The ending was too tragic imo.
Jul 29, 2017 9:51 PM

Jun 2013
I can see why this has a low rating. It started out confusingly enough and expected the viewers to go along with it leaving many things unexplained. But I liked the mystery part of show until the story focus was changed into the whole Gaia vs Guardian conflict. The concept of the show is a little absurd but still interesting. The ending kind of made it obvious who the love interest is much to my disappointment. Hopefully, S2 sheds will some light on things which made little sense in this season. But I have a feeling this might end up like some melodramatic love story.
6/10
Sep 30, 2017 2:16 AM

Aug 2009
If I knew it was going to be one of those anime
then I wouldn't have watched it. Anime like that just feel like a huge waste of time. There is a season so maybe that isn't the case.
Oct 13, 2017 3:55 PM

Sep 2015
Dam that ending was similar to a certain old skool mecha series we know.
Oct 13, 2017 3:57 PM

Sep 2015
Dam that ending was similar to a certain old skool mecha series we know.
Oct 26, 2017 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
Excelent closing episode, they really overdid themselves with this conclusion. The destruction and the song of Salvation was animated really well. For Akane to kill both Sakura and Tsukukno, only to became new holy woman in the process, that was highly bittersweet and fitting end. And I also loved how Kotarou choosed to not kill the Key contrary to all expectations.

This anime was actually a lot better than whole Rewrite novel, it had better pacing, it wasn't as boring and it made all the crew work together.

But, it's obvious it's not standalone as it would seem and never was, it was really sixth "true route" that is meant to be to watched after Rewrite completion to appreciate it fully (although it really fits before Moon and Terra). Many things weren't explained in detail because anime was made on assumption that viewer played the game. That's also an answer why anime-only viewers were left with half-baked experience and VN readers with wonderful addition to already known story.

I honestly liked how Kagari was brought to life as talking character, that everyone cooperated unlike in the novel and how everything ended.

7/10 It was rough on edges but honestly exceed my expectations. Kotarou was actually likeable character here unlike VN. Really can't wait for the improvements of Moon and Terra.
Mar 9, 2018 8:23 PM

Sep 2013
...aaaaaaaand I never have to watch any more of this flaming sack of shit anime ever again....I'M FREE!!!!!

3/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 28, 2019 3:00 PM

May 2010
I can't believe I am giving 6/10 to this show even though I have the slightest clue as to wtf happwned lol.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 27, 2019 4:24 PM

May 2012
absolutely atrocious lmao
Apr 29, 2020 10:23 PM

Feb 2018
Rip Kagari and Koutarou... Nice anime 10/10
Jan 5, 2021 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
Barion-Zara said:
These scenes were pretty f'd up

What’s the point of Key trying to kill off all their characters? I should of expected this when I watched their other series:Angel Beats, Little Busters, etc. But the characters were super likeable. Rewrite was enjoyable up until the last few eps. It ruined my impression sadly.
Apr 17, 2021 10:08 PM
Apr 2020
Wow what a disappointing ending.. Now I see why the rate is really low.

Really hype for this at first when I know that this VN anime version was made by Key (Clannad). The first ones are good but on the rest, it bored me a bit. The pacing seems really fast so I didn't follow the plot of the anime that much. Only the last episode of this pick up again my hype for this anime. Hopefully the second season will be really good. 7/10 for this
May 30, 2021 4:18 AM

Jan 2015
Just a thought...

Kashima Sakura

Klaus Schwab

Carry on.
Aug 14, 2021 7:30 AM

Dec 2020
I didn't expect the ending of this anime to have a pretty dark ending. I got goosebumps while crying when I saw this episode.
Aug 25, 2021 5:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So this is the "bad ending"? Anyway it wasn't sad because I don't care of the characters, sadly the plot is rushed + very weak, but I'm still looking forward to seeing if S2 improved these elements. 4/10
Nov 9, 2021 5:06 AM

Sep 2020
Wtf is this? I hate anime fr
Nov 5, 2022 3:16 PM
Jul 2020
Seeing Kotarou use the rewrite ability to fight in this last episode was one of the most epic moments that I have seen in anime.
Aug 6, 2023 6:33 AM
Jul 2023
best romance animee even thought its complicated
Dec 15, 2023 11:51 PM

Jul 2012
One of the least favorable from "Key" production N animation
8/10 is just enough..
Watching this only for cute girls..
Minus point on Kotori rejecting our MC confession, N now he prefer to choose random girl who sucks his blood everyday..

Ending with nothing to know what happend 😑 is one of the sins, u know..

Apr 6, 10:39 PM
Aug 2021
A fitting end to an anime that had no idea where it was going. I wish the finale meant no S2 but alas, there is one. Why couldn’t the series “ascend” like all the characters.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.