Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 3:34 PM

Jun 2015
This ending is meh... but the show is enjoyable in some points, 8/10 for me, but i wanted to see the rem´s cliffhanger and the studio didnt show it =(
Sep 18, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
Ohhhh it's over now. After so much sad episodes we finally got a "happy end".
An even better ending would be Subaru x Rem together xD
I'm glad that Subaru managed to save everyone.
It's 100% that there will be a 2nd season but it will probably happen in not less than 2 years :/
Was it just me in the end when Emilia was crying, her face/animations etc reminded me of Rem's moment when she was crying....i don't know why but in that moment she looks like Rem... maybe they used the same animation? But it was still a great moment, and Emilia was so cute :3
My Top 6 best girls xD

-Rem
-Emilia
-Crusch
-Theresia
-Ferris :D
-Patrashce xD
-Betelguese

It was a great run.
9/10.

And don't forget, protect the best smile xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 18, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2016
No season 2? Such despair :( My Sunday's going to be pretty empty once Tales of Zestiria ends as well.

This was definitely my favorite Anime this year... and probably amoungst the top as well.

Best girl of Re: Zero --- Rem.

I enjoy it when non-main characters get proper development.

Sep 18, 2016 3:37 PM
Sep 2016
well...People can't seem to agree if the anime follows the WN or the LN...

The ending left a bit of satesfaction for me at least, mainly because I love the show, and probably would've gone into a comatose myself if there was a huge cliffhanger.

Still...what is quite disturbing is that the ending seem to be made so that there is a higher possibility of not making another season (like all those animes ending like, figure it out on your own what happens next)...
Sep 18, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2008
Denalii said:
Hongu said:
Well, that was a complete disaster.
They skipped literally the most important scene in the entire series, just for a forced happy end between Subaru and Emilia.
It doesn't even make sense! They even alluded to it with the blank letter and everything! It's so stupid. I can tell a lot more people will be mad about this too.
So now, the complete lack of Rem for the last episodes makes no sense, as if she was written out of the story or something.

I guess all three remaining Emilia fans will be happy?
what was supposed happen :(

Anime ending + removed (quote from the spoilers):
Sep 18, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2015
And... where is Felt and Elsa? Didn't show them anymore.
Sep 18, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2016
Guys what Subaru said to Betelgeuse at the first defeat?
In my lenguage there is a really bad translation :\
Sep 18, 2016 3:41 PM
Feb 2016
This episode was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I am really happy that they went with a happy ending instead of the web novel route.

The fight at the beginning was marvelous, I loved how Subaru and Julius interacted and of course I loved Betelgeuse getting his ass whooped. I thought Betelgeuse couldn't get any creepier, well, I was wrong.

Betelgeuse taught the witch loved him, but guess what? She doesn't, she only loves Subaru... poor bastard.

Subaru really looked cool and heroic (kyhaaa!) I was impressed, that and he also used spirit magic, he is a spirit user just like Julius, wow!

This ending will forever be in my heart. It was really memorable how he confessed his love. I truly happy for Subaru and Emilia.
Sep 18, 2016 3:43 PM

May 2015
Good stuff. Not without flaws, but solid show. Will watch S2
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Nicely done series with good plot and entertainment. Not an "epic" ending and I am not very satisfied. It was like the ending was a 7 and the rest of the series was a 9 level. Overall.....8/10 and a good anime!

Mar 2009
I had to log in just to comment this load of trash... what the fuck that ending was lame as fuck i could't help but laugh at this mess but i'm guessing emilia fags are still gonna lose their minds over how astonishing re:zero is i just can't like damn this series had potential ...
Sep 18, 2016 3:45 PM
May 2013
リゼロ、最高でした!
Sep 18, 2016 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
SuperKirei said:
AmejiHunter said:

I don't even know why I'm still talking to a troll, but I'm gonna drop that here one last time if you're actually serious. They didn't skip it, since if we take the WN and compare it to the anime, that scene hasn't happened in both of em.

I think you are going to need some proof before I start believing you.

Uhm, how about reading this article which is PERFECT for this discussion?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/09/12/rezero-anime-overtakes-published-light-novel-material-spoiler-warning

Nothing is skipped, left out, nothing. The anime catched up to the Light Novel, alright. NOTHING IS SKIPPED.
THE ANIME. DID. NOT. FOLLOW. THE. WEB NOVEL.
IT. FOLLOWED. THE. LIGHT NOVEL
^^^^^^
(Talking about the ending here)

Mkay?

Sep 18, 2016 3:46 PM

Feb 2011
I love how so much happened in the episode and they didn't have a cliff hanger in Subaru talking to Emilia again!

And finally Betelguese is gone. He was the so creepy, though that scene of him flying his invisible hand was really funny in the last episode.
Sep 18, 2016 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
Already 13 pages of posts...

Interesting premise and start. The anime got really hard for me to take halfway because I feel like there is just something off with the Subaru's characterization and how the whole thing is set up just for Subaru to get pwned. The ending arc, while easier to watch, just kind of threw away the unique thing about this anime and went the usual imba protagonist route. Still, it was a watchable anime and White Fox did pretty well for its budget, except a few episodes that involve huge battle field scenes.

7/10 for me.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Sep 2014
Nanashi said:
Patrasche is the best. So glad he survived even though he protected Subaru.

According to a few of the comments I also get the feeling we won't see more of this. Otherwise there would be no reason to skip stuff at the end.

BlightBoy17 said:
And I am not Emilia fan, I actually hate her rather than dislike her, but i find the ending to be more than decent, I wouldn't say the anime is 6/10 because i read the manga the novel and they skipped the scenes I like, its 8/10 minimum for me.

Actually the end was fine but the middle part is enough to justify not giving 8/10. Seriously. After the first 7-9 episodes I was close to giving it 10/10. Sadly that was also the point at which the creator started to totally shit all over the potential the story had. I decided to not give any score at all for now (maybe I change my mind and rate after I've finished the other summer anime on my list) because thinking about how this could have turned out and how it actually turned out makes me a bit sad.

Well as for me i am the type that watch many animes the first week to have 6 to watch the second week and third, and by fifth week i end up with two only, well we only have 24 hours a day and 8 of them or less goes to sleep, while 9 hours for work, the left over goes for gaming, korean drama, browing , anime, so since the last 6 seasons or so i started to watch 5 max, and this season it was orange and re:zero.
While re:zero first eps were the strongest or maybe it was not, I believe it was the idea of reviving and different world (similar to games or rpg) that were liked by people, then rem which was liked by many.
After Rem love conffesion I dislike one part of story which are the sloth thing, I didn't find that enemy to be worth the title of an enemy, while the whale one was nice in my opinion at least.
I believe that the writer consider what we saw as the start of his story and i can be wrong as i didn't read the novel, we had some messed up pace or arcs, the first three eps we were interduce to a female assassin and poor loli, then they both disappeared which us seeing Subaru in the castle were he started to create bonds with rem ram emilia and the rest, and after all that they showed us the character from the first three eps, and started what seemed to be the chosen princess arc, but it was not arc. or it stopped at a strange part to be followed with what we can call rem arc which was so nice in my opinion, which again ended in a strange way to start the last arc which was the most messed up one (which was the last 3 eps or so).

TLDR the anime had some nice ideas, and nice characters, the writer wrote some nice scene and created nice bonds between subaru and rem more than anyone else, yet he messed up (or maybe its unfair to say the writer when i didn't read the novel and just watch the anime so lets call it the anime) with connecting the pieces, yet i still give it 8/10 because how many anime out there can make a perfect story or characters, most the animes lately are comedy or ecchie with almost no real story, just a fan service or pure action. (out of the 25 eps i enjoyed 15 at least, and i am not doing a rating by math here to say because i enjoyed 15 out of 25 then i should giving the anime 6/10, my 8/10 is based on the show as overall)

& sorry for the english.
Shingster

Jun 2015
It did smack me a bit odd considering he is just a side character

But at least it worked out

Sickpuppy said:
Shingster said:
So this was the last episode and man im gonna miss seeing this on Sunday

This was a great episode and a great end to the series as a whole

Animation and combat scenes were well done especially t fight against the cult leader with Julies and Subaru cutting those arms of his down easily.

The final defeat of the cult leader was very satisfying but man that guy was persistent.

The support character otto had an unexpectedly vital role in this episode but his ability though useful was dangerous to the extreme.

The dialogue is as good as always especially when he saw Betelgeuse reanimated and chasing him.

And the part where Emilia and Subaru finally met was the best as was his confession to her
Her expression there was priceless

And lol Subaru ending up on Emilia's lap again
just like old times eh

Im glad that the campaign against the witch cult was a success and that Subaru and Emilia are back together again

Emilia sure is cute when she is trying to justify herself to Subaru about why they shouldn't be together but Subaru knows it all lol

Im glad that the series ended with a happy ending and that the best pair won

I agree with you except in the Otto part. I thought it was kinda rushed becouse before he takes subaru he says that he has a problem needed to be resolved, but he neither says the problem nor he resolves it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2018
SilverDio said:
AmejiHunter said:

You do know that the capital/election arc and the betelgeuse arc are the same arc?

I didn't. I think that is better to keep it separate in my mind.

The capital's episodes were pure trash, but the Betelguese aparition made the show a lot more enjoyable (funny how he is the Sloth but is the more hardworking character of all).

As much as I don't agree wityh the capital being trash, I have to admit, Betelgeuse is my favorite character from the show. He's just amazing.
Sep 18, 2016 3:48 PM

Jan 2015
Rizin_ said:
リゼロ、最高でした!
絶対最高だよ!
Sep 18, 2016 3:49 PM
Feb 2016
Sacredus said:
Denalii said:
what was supposed happen :(

People should just chill, if we got to the Rem and Cruche scene I think this would have felt incomplete. If we ever get a season 2 this can still be a satisfying ending and if not it's still ok.

From what I heard what you wrote above is from the WN not the LN (people are saying the anime adapted all the LN available), can you please clarify this for me please, since I'm not sure?
Jul 2015
The ending for me was very disappointing and too forced with all the Emilia x Subaru stuff. But wasn't terrible, I mean, the animation was pretty damn good. Better than the animation displayed in the last few episodes.

Mar 2014
Eyeball-less Betelgeuse is the last thing I'd want up my face.
Very pretty episode! They upped the saturation by a lot to the point where it is all glitter. The drawings were nice but I wish they didn't go overboard with the colors.
Anime was super duper pleasant to watch, now I'll need to find something else to fill the hole... Hoping for season 2 to come!
Sep 18, 2016 3:50 PM

Dec 2014
xFaithy said:
SuperKirei said:

I think you are going to need some proof before I start believing you.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/09/12/rezero-anime-overtakes-published-light-novel-material-spoiler-warning

Nothing is skipped, left out, nothing. The anime catched up to the Light Novel, alright. NOTHING IS SKIPPED.
^^^^^^

Mkay?

Sorry, but I do not think this is a credible source. I need more proof to be sure.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Jul 2018
_Kazuma-Kun said:
Sacredus said:

People should just chill, if we got to the Rem and Cruche scene I think this would have felt incomplete. If we ever get a season 2 this can still be a satisfying ending and if not it's still ok.

From what I heard what you wrote above is from the WN not the LN (people are saying the anime adapted all the LN available), can you please clarify this for me please, since I'm not sure?

The 25th episode adapts the LN's Volume 9, which is still not out, but is gonna be in a few days. So basically, the Volume 9 is finished, and since the author worked with White Fox, it adapted all there was of LNs.

Mar 2014
Damn that ending! I didn't read the novel, but when I see Subaru confessing to Emilia in the end, I don't know why but I miss Rem haha. I really want it to be another cliffhanger ending, so it would give a big chance to season 2

But still, 10/10. Really enjoy watching this
Sep 18, 2016 3:53 PM

Jul 2016
bunny1ov3r said:
Already 13 pages of posts...

Interesting premise and start. The anime got really hard for me to take halfway because I feel like there is just something off with the Subaru's characterization and how the whole thing is set up just for Subaru to get pwned. The ending arc, while easier to watch, just kind of threw away the unique thing about this anime and went the usual imba protagonist route. Still, it was a watchable anime and White Fox did pretty well for its budget, except a few episodes that involve huge battle field scenes.

7/10 for me.

When all is said and done, I think I mostly agree with what you've written here. But since I was truly touched during the characterization episodes(13-18) I'd rate it an 8 or a 9 out of 10 :). No matter how much I tried to undermine Subaru's imba status in my mind, The villains just didn't do any real damage in the last 6 episodes.
Sep 18, 2016 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
SuperKirei said:
xFaithy said:

^^^^^^

Mkay?

Sorry, but I do not think this is a credible source. I need more proof to be sure.

Crunchyroll is an official streaming and news site, and even has a store if you want to include that. It's co-owned by Otter Media and TV TOKYO if it helps. Let's not forget the newly announced partnership with Funimation.
How is THIS not a credible source?
Sep 18, 2016 3:57 PM
Sep 2013
This episode might be a love it/hate it for some, but I'm pretty okay with it.

This anime, however, and especially characters like Rem, Ram, Emilia, Feris, Crusch, and more importantly, Subaru, definitely is good stuff. White Fox studio did found a way after that mess of an adaptation that is Akame ga Kill.

Season 2 will most likely happen soon I guess, but it won't come out next year.

This episode: 4.75/5

This anime: 9.25/10

Jun 2015
Verifax said:
Keldaron said:

What was the important scene?
I'm an emilia fan, but honestly, only because she was presented first. I find it hard to change ships if I already found one I'm comfortable with, but the worst part is that it's so god damn impossible to hate rem it makes any shipping harder.
Hell, the 5 flashbacks of the old man's wife were more "lovely" than this whole mess.

The important scene is something that comes 2 minutes after the ending we got, bsacially the next disaster. People wanted a cliffhanger ending instead of a happy one.

look at this series up till now.
A happy ending is kinda out of place. Even if it gets a second season it'll feel weird.
Jul 2016
can someone find a way to fix the mistake in ep 25. at the end just after the credits, the series ends, can someone pls fix this
Sep 18, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
everways said:
can someone find a way to fix the mistake in ep 25. at the end just after the credits, the series ends, can someone pls fix this

i'm sorry...i'm so sorry...
Sep 18, 2016 3:59 PM

Feb 2013
The only disappointment in this episode was that readers are salty. If any part of Rem was included in this last few episode, it would have been extremely awkward if there was no season 2.

If season 2 were confirmed then WF could easily just make a few OVA specials with the Rem scenes to prep for the new season, kind of like what they are doing with Seven Deadly Sins right now.

People need to chill out.
Sep 18, 2016 3:59 PM

Jun 2013
It has been 6 years since something made it to the top of my favorites list. Literally the best show ever.

It's been a long but amazing journey but its so satisfying to see him win best girl at the end. I don't dislike Rem but i'm glad she didn't appear at all the past few episodes. Can't even think of what else to say, that was a perfect finale
Sep 18, 2016 4:01 PM

Dec 2013
Not the cliffhanger ending that I expected but still fairly satisfying and leaves plenty of room for season 2.

Betelgeuse is amazingly stubborn. Even with his face smashed in he kept going after Subaru.

Ending with Emilia was actually pretty sweet.

Hoping that we get a season 2 within the next few years.
Sep 18, 2016 4:01 PM

Apr 2012
One thing that really bothered me about this show is the fact that, apparently, only Subaru messes up/admits to messing up.

Like, every other character (aside from Rem and arguably Ram) acts all high and mighty and basically never screws up. It's as if the only character that had actual flaws in the anime is Subaru. Sure, some characters have a minor flaw (like Emilia's self-esteem issues for example) but no one calls them out. Subaru gets completely demolished and humiliated for every mistake he does, but what about the other characters? In a universe with billions of people, he's the only really stupid one?
Sep 18, 2016 4:03 PM

Jan 2014
G_Spark233 said:

Betelgeuse is amazingly stubborn. Even with his face smashed in he kept going after Subaru.

You gotta admit it, it was really sad seeing Betelgeuse burn while he was genuinely crying :(
May 2015
I just genuinely love reading about people crying about this anime(and how they think it's 'overrated') :D

Jul 2013
Holy fuck! This already has 14 pages! This will reach the 30 pages in just four hours.
Sep 18, 2016 4:04 PM

Jul 2016
Creepy_Noire_fan said:
Verifax said:

The important scene is something that comes 2 minutes after the ending we got, bsacially the next disaster. People wanted a cliffhanger ending instead of a happy one.

look at this series up till now.
A happy ending is kinda out of place. Even if it gets a second season it'll feel weird.

No matter the ending they would've chosen, an ending at this stage of the story feels weird. We just know.. so little, even after so many episodes.

Offtopic, It's good to see that someone enjoyed K-sha to the fullest. I.. Laughed so uncontrollably much during Noire's story :D
Sep 18, 2016 4:05 PM

Dec 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
G_Spark233 said:

You gotta admit it, it was really sad seeing Betelgeuse burn while he was genuinely crying :(

It really was. It's not going to be the same without the glorious bastard and his antics.
Sep 18, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2016
BluexMage said:
One thing that really bothered me about this show is the fact that, apparently, only Subaru messes up/admits to messing up.

Like, every other character (aside from Rem and arguably Ram) acts all high and mighty and basically never screws up. It's as if the only character that had actual flaws in the anime is Subaru. Sure, some characters have a minor flaw (like Emilia's self-esteem issues for example) but no one calls them out. Subaru gets completely demolished and humiliated for every mistake he does, but what about the other characters? In a universe with billions of people, he's the only really stupid one?

Ehm, Emilia and Rem are experts at self-pity and calling themselves out. Rem bascially said this to herself: No matter how hard I try, it will never be enough, I can never atone for what I wished upon my sister.
In fact everyone around Emilia calls her out for her mistake of even being born.
Wilhelm's entire life was him regretting his mistake of making his waifu weak, and not being there to protect her.
Julius expresses clear regret over how cruel he was towards Subaru, nonetheless he believes he was right in doing so.
Reinhard himself, the mightiest of all, made a mistake vs Elza and that nearly got Emilia killed.

Like.. I could go on.. probably.
Sep 18, 2016 4:09 PM
Mar 2016
Subaru and Emilia = kirito and Asuna

Both went to save their lover.
Both Rem and Lefa have love interest in the main character.
Both Rem and Lefa confess their love and got rejected.
Both antagonist are psychopaths.
Both kirito and Subaru save their lover and live happily ever after.
Sep 18, 2016 4:10 PM

Dec 2014
xFaithy said:
SuperKirei said:

Crunchyroll is an official streaming and news site, and even has a store if you want to include that. It's co-owned by Otter Media and TV TOKYO if it helps. Let's not forget the newly announced partnership with Funimation.
How is THIS not a credible source?

How about you go read the source material yourself instead of depending on secondary sources?
You people are the reason why there's so many conspiracy theorists saying our water supply is being poisoned.
Sep 18, 2016 4:13 PM

Aug 2014
hmmmmm that was pretty satisfying, but there is so much that hasn't been explained like Pride, Satella, Puck (un the huge beast form or watev) or the little loli in the mansion. I think there will be a season 2
Sep 18, 2016 4:14 PM

Jan 2015
Illyricus said:
Holy fuck! This already has 14 pages! This will reach the 30 pages in just four hours.
^
People are talking a lot on this series and the ending but imo forum going crazy just shows that it was really hypeoo anime
Sep 18, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Fuck you, you made me even sadder reading this post :'(
Sep 18, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
Betelgeuse scene was so well done! Props to the seiyuu for the amazin job! He was so creepy and desperate D:
(KEY LOW HAPPY THAT THE DRAGON DIDN'T DIE)
(Don't you dare hurt my Julius >: ()
The confession scene was really pretty. Nice to see Subaru apologizing for being a dick :)

I enjoyed this anime a lot, will give this a 8/9 probably :D
taynisSep 18, 2016 4:23 PM

Sep 18, 2016 4:17 PM
Dec 2008
7/10 Marathon'd this because of all the hype, and was just overrated like SAO.

Ups and downs but I felt forced to finish through.
Sep 18, 2016 4:17 PM

Jun 2016
Way to go on explaining absolutely nothing that has been building up throughout the entire series. The ending is very unsatisfying, including the final "fight". We still have countless of questions left.

I really can't see how this series has gotten so much praise. I mean, it's pretty good, but i don't think it's as good as people are hyping it up to be.

Though, my favorite part of the entire series was the fight against the White Whale, that was pretty epic.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Sep 18, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2014
Illyricus said:
DoctorWasabi said:
Fuck you, you made me even sadder reading this post :'(

I know how you feel. I remember shedding tears when whale-kun died.
Pages (35) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.