Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2016 8:16 PM
Aug 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
....And so it comes full circle, a pretty cliché ending. It seems to me the writer took an easy out. I had hoped for something more original.
Sep 16, 2016 10:47 AM

Apr 2007
Yup what a disappointing finish. Just like Inside Mari.
Sep 19, 2016 9:39 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Well.....it looks like it's time to pee on the fire and call the dogs. This one is over and done. Meh finish but it was a mostly fun read.
Sep 21, 2016 9:15 PM

Aug 2012
Annuvin said:
Yeah, I feel pretty disappointed tbh but that's been the case for the last 40 or so chapters so no matter.

So is this the official ending-ending? According to MAL it's still publishing.

Yeah I'll have to look out for the next few days to see if there's a translation out.

The fact that FINALE was written at the beginning and end of the chapter leads me to believe that it's probably just over. Decent read. I thought, from the beginning, that it was gonna go in a different way. Not quite sure what way, but not the way it went. 90% of the characters kinda ended up feeling one dimensional and flat. The art was okay, not Berserk, but not horrible.
Sep 21, 2016 10:49 PM
May 2013
I wasn't the happiest with the ending, (let alone the entire second half) but overall, it was a good read
Sep 27, 2016 1:31 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah I'll have to look out for the next few days to see if there's a translation out.

The fact that FINALE was written at the beginning and end of the chapter leads me to believe that it's probably just over. Decent read. I thought, from the beginning, that it was gonna go in a different way. Not quite sure what way, but not the way it went. 90% of the characters kinda ended up feeling one dimensional and flat. The art was okay, not Berserk, but not horrible.[/quote]

That was the end of the volume 8 (still not out in amazon.jp), but i think those 3 chapters that MAL count are some extras that MangaBox didn't translate.

Chapter 86 was the original finale, but they decide to add this arc with a worst
Oct 9, 2016 1:23 AM

Dec 2011
Oyasumi Punpun 2.0 bootleg version

Good riddance, now I'm free from having to continue this; it was so terrible that it was laughable.
Dec 4, 2016 4:58 AM
Dec 2016
I honestly was happy with him killing her off then living out the rest of his life in misery. So when she turned out to be alive it ruined some of the previous arc. I was also disappointed we didn't get to see what happened to their bodies. Silver lining we got some welcome backstory and the Futa died.
Jan 8, 2017 8:21 AM

Jun 2014
Fking disappointed. Well, I just expected too much.
Apr 8, 2017 6:23 AM

May 2014
Well what the fuck kind of ending is that supposed to be. If the author were to regain his interests I would like to read a possible sequel or anything related. But this didn't feel right, after all the work he's put in this is a sawed off ending :/
I would rather have it if they had stopped somewhere halfway through the series.
Apr 15, 2017 8:27 AM
Apr 2017
Wait...Did he also just kill Reina o.o
Dec 6, 2017 4:01 PM
Mar 2017
Da heck is with this part2. Everything went crashing downhill plot wise. If the author cant think of a decent ending arc better off just do the double suicide at the end of part 1. What an entire big pointless roundabout, all the casts die anyway.

9/10 to a 6/10 seriously. Can't believe I stayed up all night rushing through the entire thing for this.. smh
Jan 15, 2019 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
This manga was a wtf moment after another.

But at least easy to get through.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 18, 2019 5:34 AM
Feb 2016
First half was good so I read most of it in one night, finished it in the morning. So/so I guess
Apr 22, 2019 1:34 PM

Dec 2010
Absolutely awful, convoluted mess! What the fuck was that second part? One of the biggest drop in quality I have seen so far. It was on the Death Note level of deterioration.

The series was never great but at least it was decent. The whole I love you but you are a murderer was a good starting point for some psychological romance or dark comedy. It went a little bit along "horror" way and then ended with some ass-pulls and straight fantasy stuff. The wasted potential.

The most absurd things from this trashy series:
- everyone that had a name and is not a random was killed in the latest three chapters! What the hell, only Reira survived to be killed by a nameless son of our MCs in the last chapter! Utter shit writing.
- "oh look it is your baby" moment was so cringy that I could not believe my eyes.
- the creepy doctor was immortal seriously what the hell! Not only immortal but he could change your face with a single injection. This is beyond stupid. Won`t even start about him hearing all the stuff with some fucking speakers montaged into someone`s breasts. What the fuck!
- amnesia subplot AKA lazy writing
- officer jun somehow turning lesbian and engaged in a relationship with some 14 year old girl...
- a girl that had some espers powers. XD what?
- going into yakuza office just to ask if they have killed her brother. Great idea.
- whole reina with a dick idea was just random "wow this is so crazy" bullshit.
- some little shit kid started a cult following with people wanting to kill each other. Yeah, seriously.
- THE BIGGEST OF THEM ALL. THERE IS NO WAY TO KILL SOMEONE WITH A CUTTER KNIFE. NOT EVEN IF YOU ARE STRONG LIKE A BULL. THE EDGE IS NOT SHARP ENOUGH.

This manga should have never gone beyond the wedding part. It should have ended with them comitting a double suicide. Then they should be found by officer Jun. Qucik skip to a burial scene with officer saying "sorry Kurosu I could not save you"(he saved her life once so this is rather common sense) and saying to Yamigiwa`s sister "sorry in the end we could not avenge your brother".

There were some decent parts like whole relationship`s dilemma, the pervy surgeon mansion(some really tense and creepy moments), "my hole" moments were funny, the esper girl guessing right that MC was in car trunk with her brother. Maybe even Rio`s past - disturbed but somewhat fitting.

The rest was awful.
Story 2/10
Characters 4/10
Enjoyment 4/10
Retardation 10/10
Art was decent but nothing spectacular 6/10

Final verdict: waste of time 3/10. Utter dissapointment.
May 7, 2019 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
First part was interesting. Second part, wtf is this shit. I finished it fast since it there are only few pages per chapter but ughghghghghghg. bad k
owkey
Jul 16, 2019 8:22 PM
Dec 2016
well, i like the first season. but the second? meh. it lacks the mystery from s1. we already know what had happened and everything feels like they were thrown in for convenience sake.
i mean.. missing memory, secret twin villains, 2 lgbt came out of nowhere, too much bullshit that it feels like story made by kids.

BUT
the last message is strong enough to justify the whole second season.

the strong believe that they've build & lived by were crushed in an instant. replaced by regret.

it's hard to find a story where this kind of thing is executed in a moving & a spectacular way like this.

season 1 has build the believe up very nicely for the finale of the season 2. it's honestly quite beautiful.

that alone justify the crap that's called season 2. I don't mind if they stop with only the first season though.
Jul 16, 2019 8:58 PM
Dec 2016
tearofmankind said:

- THE BIGGEST OF THEM ALL. THERE IS NO WAY TO KILL SOMEONE WITH A CUTTER KNIFE. NOT EVEN IF YOU ARE STRONG LIKE A BULL. THE EDGE IS NOT SHARP ENOUGH.

it's not about the sharpness. you can stab someone with it. the problem is with how the structure is made. it's purposely made to break easily. and if you've ever stabbed & yanked living things, then you'd know that shit got stuck pretty frequently even with a sharp knife. to be able to retrieve it swiftly without breaking those flimsy blades inside the body for so many times is beyond me.

but then again, you have weak agile elves using war bows that require huge amount of strength to draw & swords design that will 100% get stuck with the enemy. that's fantasy for you. don't think too much about weapon used in stories, 9/10 you'll only get pissed off.
May 6, 2020 2:27 PM
Jul 2019
FMmatron said:

I haven't read this manga but does the two of the MC's end up with each other, rindou senpai?
May 6, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
N4rutoG4ming said:
FMmatron said:

I haven't read this manga but does the two of the MC's end up with each other, rindou senpai?

Yes and know, dunno how to answer this without a spoiler tbh xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2020 2:45 PM
Jul 2019
FMmatron said:
N4rutoG4ming said:

Spoilers are fine
May 6, 2020 2:54 PM

Nov 2016
N4rutoG4ming said:
FMmatron said:

Spoilers are fine

They end up killing each other

May 6, 2020 3:32 PM
Jul 2019
FMmatron said:
N4rutoG4ming said:

Spoilers are fine

They end up killing each other

Thank you so much for telling me :)
May 23, 2020 1:02 PM
May 2019
Meh, this started declining for me after chapter eighty. I wish it would take a different turn than it did. Such a shame.
Apr 5, 2021 2:35 PM
Sep 2019
I'm always a fan of splatter - psychological horror type of manga, and within every part of the series, this was a very good read. A story with a couple consisting a suicidal and a psychopath.

The plot's denouement was played perfectly having the main characters end their story as how they want it to end, plus, a possible arc was featured at the end. Some parts of the story were really unrealistic and will obviously be impossible to happen in real-life, but fiction is fiction.
It would just be nice to have a more realistic setting so that some people may find it believable making it more enjoyable and understandable.

Overall, not the best read when it comes to a thriller manga i suppose, but i did definitely enjoyed it!

Plot: 8/10
Characters: 9/10
Theme: 8.5/10
Seity: 9.5/10
Visuals/Art: 9/10

Edit: Turns out that the manga has a movie adaptation. Just watched the movie last week or so, expecting it to be a less budget type of movie since the manga didn't really peaked ratings too much. Turns out, it was. The movie was nice, but needs more touch to the visual graphics to make it more realistic, some are a little obvious, some parts are great. The movie didn't cover too much parts in the manga, but they did a few adjustments to the plot and the settings with the other characters' positions in the story. The title is also different: (Hitsuji to Okami no Koi to Satsujin | Love and Murder of Sheep and Wolf).

6/10 for the whole movie.
mrknwsbstApr 26, 2021 9:52 PM
May 24, 2021 12:34 AM

Apr 2017
As just about everyone has pointed out, the second half is not as good as the first, it's really a mess. Not to say I didn't enjoy both parts, they were very engaging, but the 2nd part had me saying WTF every other chapter. Like it felt as if the mangaka was pulling stuff out of their ass, which is fine because it added to how wild the story was for me, but it was a little weird.

Overall I'd say it was an interesting read, I felt a few tears well up when they saw the baby. I'll probably use this as a joke recommendation to friends and say "This is the pinnacle of manga" or something of the like.

Even if helping people is easy,
asking for help is a hurdle of it's own.
Kaoru Gojou

Apr 1, 2023 11:59 PM
Jun 2019
as the majority says, first half was better than second half, but the ending was actually nice, didn't expect it
Jun 16, 2023 8:38 PM

Jan 2020
This went from suspense, to nonsense, then ends with straight up comedy.
The ending of all time.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Oct 18, 2023 4:56 AM
Mar 2013
Reply to mrknwsbst
I'm always a fan of splatter - psychological horror type of manga, and within every part of the series, this was a very good read. A story with a couple consisting a suicidal and a psychopath.

The plot's denouement was played perfectly having the main characters end their story as how they want it to end, plus, a possible arc was featured at the end. Some parts of the story were really unrealistic and will obviously be impossible to happen in real-life, but fiction is fiction.
It would just be nice to have a more realistic setting so that some people may find it believable making it more enjoyable and understandable.

Overall, not the best read when it comes to a thriller manga i suppose, but i did definitely enjoyed it!

Plot: 8/10
Characters: 9/10
Theme: 8.5/10
Seity: 9.5/10
Visuals/Art: 9/10

Edit: Turns out that the manga has a movie adaptation. Just watched the movie last week or so, expecting it to be a less budget type of movie since the manga didn't really peaked ratings too much. Turns out, it was. The movie was nice, but needs more touch to the visual graphics to make it more realistic, some are a little obvious, some parts are great. The movie didn't cover too much parts in the manga, but they did a few adjustments to the plot and the settings with the other characters' positions in the story. The title is also different: (Hitsuji to Okami no Koi to Satsujin | Love and Murder of Sheep and Wolf).

6/10 for the whole movie.
@mrknwsbst

If this was a 9/10 on the visuals, 8 on the plot, 9 on the characters... I am afraid of what would be considered worse within the genre.

Going by your scores, this was an 8.8/10. I wonder what you'd rate Juujika no Rokunin, for reference.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ana Satsujin Chapter 70 Discussion

testamentKAISER - Apr 30, 2015

12 by Crisdarto »»
Dec 17, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Ana Satsujin Chapter 94 Discussion

testamentKAISER - Nov 11, 2015

3 by ericowo »»
Mar 25, 2020 6:50 AM

Poll: » Ana Satsujin Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

4 by Syureria »»
May 11, 2019 11:12 PM

Poll: » Ana Satsujin Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

4 by Syureria »»
May 11, 2019 11:10 PM

Poll: » Ana Satsujin Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

5 by Syureria »»
May 11, 2019 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.