Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2009
So I just played a pre-release version of For Honor at a convention and I gotta say it's really fucking fun. Like I'm not even into gaming these days, but yeah this game was fun. The parry/guard system is really cool and the gameplay can be really fast, but the duels can also last really long depending on your opponents. My only real complaint is that it kinda sucks when you get ganked. There is the revenge mode, but it doesn't work as well as I'd like.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 3, 2016 6:53 PM

Apr 2016
Yeah the game looks interesting. I will definitely be playing it.
Sep 3, 2016 7:08 PM

Mar 2014
I signed up for the stupid beta for over a year now and the shit still hasn't started.
Sep 20, 2016 6:07 AM

Mar 2016
Just saw TheRadBrad videos on youtube playing it .
While it looks cool, AI is kinda stupid when it comes to fighting the grunts/minions.
But the 1 on 1 looks cool . Character runs like AC characters (well kinda) . Also ubisoft is doing it , so expectations aren't much high, but I will definitely consider getting it if reviews say it's good .
Sep 20, 2016 6:21 AM

Jul 2009
Would have been more hyped if it was made by anyone other than Ubisoft, but otherwise it looks good
Sep 20, 2016 7:28 AM
May 2009
Sep 20, 2016 7:56 AM

Mar 2016
shintai88 said:
If its online only. Than no. If its offline that maybe.

I heard there is a story mode ...
Sep 20, 2016 9:28 AM

Dec 2013
UPlay is a cancer that needs to be eradicated.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Sep 20, 2016 10:43 AM

Oct 2012
Looks good but it's in Ubisoft's hands which puts my faith in having a full game at release at an all time low.

Sep 20, 2016 10:45 AM

Jul 2016
I played the alpha last weekend and it was actually really fun, I'm really excited for it. As everyone else has said, the only bad part is Ubisoft.
Sep 20, 2016 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
OriScrub said:
I played the alpha last weekend and it was actually really fun, I'm really excited for it. As everyone else has said, the only bad part is Ubisoft.

Just a question . Why do the soldiers not fight back well ? I mean when you're in one on one . It's a good fight . But when it's like a battle , the soldiers go down easily . Idk if you experienced it while playing, but from what i saw For example :

This one on one was pretty neat

But here , the soldiers in this picture don't defend or fight back and they fall down very easily which makes me worry about the AI . I'm not saying make them strong but let them put up a fight or at least defend
Sep 20, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
OriScrub said:

Just a question . Why do the soldiers not fight back well ? I mean when you're in one on one . It's a good fight . But when it's like a battle , the soldiers go down easily . Idk if you experienced it while playing, but from what i saw For example :

But here , the soldiers in this picture don't defend or fight back and they fall down very easily which makes me worry about the AI . I'm not saying make them strong but let them put up a fight or at least defend

The AI in the above picture is a hero, the Kensei to be exact. The heroes are what other players play as in PVP, but they are also spread throughout the story mode. They can actually be quite difficult sometimes, although a player that knows what they are doing will likely be more unpredictable.
The AI in the below picture are just normal soldiers. They're just minions that take one hit to kill, but when they swarm you they can deal a good amount of damage so it's always good to be careful around them anyway
Sep 20, 2016 12:32 PM

Mar 2016
OriScrub said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

The AI in the above picture is a hero, the Kensei to be exact. The heroes are what other players play as in PVP, but they are also spread throughout the story mode. They can actually be quite difficult sometimes, although a player that knows what they are doing will likely be more unpredictable.
The AI in the below picture are just normal soldiers. They're just minions that take one hit to kill, but when they swarm you they can deal a good amount of damage so it's always good to be careful around them anyway

Lol only that they didn't swarm (they were like 7) the player when i was watching the video . The minions just stood there while he took them down one after the other with ease , but hey it might have just been the case here and a different experience for you so idk ... I don't want to judge early but just voicing an early concern. Thanks for the reply anyways .
Sep 20, 2016 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
Probably the only Ubisoft game I see myself buying in future time. That said, will wait till reviews are out.
Sep 21, 2016 4:36 AM
May 2009
DragonSlayer_19 said:
shintai88 said:
If its online only. Than no. If its offline that maybe.

I heard there is a story mode ...

If there is a story it could be fun. Just hope there is a variety to the game play. Otherwise it could start to feel like Dynasty warriors after a few hours.
Sep 21, 2016 4:51 AM

Nov 2008
Ubisoft makes pretty boring games. No, I'm not hyped.

Sep 21, 2016 8:51 AM

Mar 2014
Ezekiel said:
Ubisoft makes pretty boring games. No, I'm not hyped.

Ubisoft currently has the best online fps in the market.
Sep 21, 2016 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
I've heard how realistic it is then I watched the trailer and some gameplay and oh... Well I'm dissapointed (I know that there are some limitations when it comes to balancing gameplay mechanics with real martial arts but still, dissapointed) I might play it at some point but I doubt I will
Sep 22, 2016 1:15 AM

Feb 2014
No, it's your typical Ubisoft/EA release.

Hyped, but will fail to deliver.

Also seems like a very.... generic game.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 6 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
6 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
8 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
12 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
12 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.