Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2016 4:26 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It is getting so intesne. It already surpassed the league arc!! Next episode it seems like Citron retaking the gym, a battle about the pride of two scientists! I love it that the other mains get as much attention like Satoshi.
Sep 1, 2016 4:45 AM
Jun 2013
Wow, what can I say? This is just freakin' epic. Ash is acting like a total badass here and it's awesome to see him up against Lysandre. I believe this is the first time Ash ever faced the evil team's boss directly? Hope Steven or anybody else doesn't get in the way so that Ash can truly become Kalos' hero, alongside with Alan.

And am I the only one who loves to see Jessie acting like a reporter to inform people in Kalos?

This is going to be the best arc in the entire anime if it keeps going like this until the end IMO. Every week I'm disappointed when the episode ends because I want to see what's next. Hype is real.
Sep 1, 2016 5:49 AM

Dec 2011
The league was just a sub plot.Now we get the main dish and it is really good so far..
This episode was amazing and hype next week for Steven but will he and Ash recognise each other.
Sep 1, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2011
What an amazing episode, okay, I felt bad for Alain, specially when he started punching the floor and Ash staring to him like "bruh".
I wonder why Eureka can listen to Punichan that way? I hope it gets explained.
Serena seems like will have her own moment too, as going to save Hari-san.
Hype for Steven!
Sep 1, 2016 11:45 AM

Jan 2016
Alright, it was intense. How brave is Lysandre to fight two trainers at the same time even though he's really in disadvantage there, 2 vs 8 Pokemon lol

Next ep will appear Steven Stone :D

Hikari_Hoshisora said:
I wonder why Eureka can listen to Punichan that way? I hope it gets explained.

It's just trust, Puni-chan trusts in Bonnie so it uses telepathy with her like the Lake Trio did back in Sinnoh.
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 1, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2008
Those bloody teasing guys. Showing us an Infernape and Charizard next to Gekkouga. They know what we want. Anyway, props to the Flare chicks for holding their own for so long against unbeatable odds. A gymleader with his pride on the line is dangerous as they have learned.

All in all, the symbolism is real, we are back on the Prism tower with Ash again acting upon his ideals but this time Ash is backed by his team.

So who is gonna tell all those guys who said ''I havent watched Pokemon in years'' that they really need to come back now, they were too early =p

@Antartiks: Ash fought Giovanni directly in the Declora arc: Episode N. Dont bother looking it up though, it really wasnt what we yearned for.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Sep 1, 2016 2:29 PM
Jun 2013
Punkbeetle said:
Those bloody teasing guys. Showing us an Infernape and Charizard next to Gekkouga. They know what we want. Anyway, props to the Flare chicks for holding their own for so long against unbeatable odds. A gymleader with his pride on the line is dangerous as they have learned.

All in all, the symbolism is real, we are back on the Prism tower with Ash again acting upon his ideals but this time Ash is backed by his team.

So who is gonna tell all those guys who said ''I havent watched Pokemon in years'' that they really need to come back now, they were too early =p

@Antartiks: Ash fought Giovanni directly in the Declora arc: Episode N. Dont bother looking it up though, it really wasnt what we yearned for.

Oh, I didn't dare watching the whole BW series. In my eyes it doesn't even exist.
Sep 2, 2016 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Damn this episode was fucking intense, and I'm really, really digging it from here. Despite the fact that the battle between Alain and Ash was pretty much underwhelming, this episode though, I love it too much. Let's go baby let's goo!

xD Btw I do know the fight was a subplot (for the league) so we are getting what it actually is aka Plot A. Pretty excited at the point.
Sep 2, 2016 3:54 PM

Apr 2016
Intense episode. I'm at a loss for words the Team Flare arc is so good. Zygarde vs Zygarde had movie level animation. And then we've got Lysandre fighting Ash and Alain on his own (where did that red Garaydos come from?!). And the rest of the gang have taken up the fight elsewhere; it's all hands on deck for the grand finale. The show has never been this bold, it's unbelievable.
Ivo-gojiSep 2, 2016 3:57 PM
Got oppai?
Sep 2, 2016 9:43 PM
Jul 2015
Bit off-topic, but can anyone please direct to what sub group/ subs you use to watch the show? Really wanna get into it. Thanks.
Sep 3, 2016 10:57 PM

Jul 2016
Really thrilling episode that kept me on the edge of my seat. This Team Flare arc is building up to be the best one IMO. I hope it'll amaze me so much that I forget about Ash's fail.

The characters were all awesome though I'm not too happy with Alan atm. I'm happy that Jessie had her moment as a reporter and that the writers were nice enough to give her that.
Sep 4, 2016 11:02 PM
Jun 2011
Calco said:
Really thrilling episode that kept me on the edge of my seat. This Team Flare arc is building up to be the best one IMO. I hope it'll amaze me so much that I forget about Ash's fail.

The characters were all awesome though I'm not too happy with Alan atm. I'm happy that Jessie had her moment as a reporter and that the writers were nice enough to give her that.
i think we will be amazed in the 1 hour special since they keep us in the dark for long time about the episode title
Sep 5, 2016 1:45 AM

Aug 2014
Intense episode and great episode. That unfair battle of Ash's whole team and Alan's mega charizard X will be intense. But i'm sure that the mega gyarados will be OP as F and be able to swipe everyone wit one blow.

By the way, Steven hype!!

It seems that next episode will be focusing a lot on clemont triying to retake his gym, wich I like because Clemont wont be the only one to get protagonism, since Bonnie will have protagonism saving Puni-chan and Serena saving Hari-san to help Mairin.
Sep 5, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2015
it's so intense, i really like it... far more better than the league arc...
that red gyarados is so glorious, damn i didn't expect Fleur de lis has that...
Sep 7, 2016 11:43 AM

Feb 2015
Wow... This is getting really good. Hopefully it's making me forget about what they did in the end of the League.
Anyways, I felt bad for Alan, but also happy to see him and Ash facing Lysandre together. (that mega Gyarados though. :o).
I'm also glad the side characters are getting a special treatment in this arc.

Now, reasons for the hype in the next episode: Steven Stone.
Sep 7, 2016 1:48 PM
Dec 2009
Great episode!! During the league arc I was excited for each new episode but new what to expect for the most part, this flare arc feels like a movie and each episode is really a cliffhanger. Glad to see so many characters getting involved, looks like next episode will be Clemont's time to shine.
Sep 8, 2016 12:22 AM

Apr 2015
It's totally different from the game or has it always been like this? In the games, we were fighting for either X or Y, but here is Z.
Oct 4, 2016 7:49 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well, they sure threw away the Pokemon rules here. Gotta give Lysandre credit, he was doing well imo, fending off Ash's 6 Poke + Alan's Mega Zard.. In the end Pyroar lost but not as quickly as I expected.

Nov 26, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2014
Yet another intense episode.. I guess it's the first time Ash directly faced a villainous team of their region in the battle given the previous teams most likely to direct control the legendary instead of having their own pokemon.. Props to Lysandre that he can hold his own with only 2 pokemon although i like the choice of both Mega Gyarados and Pyroar since they're his signature pokemon..

Like most members said, this arc completely felt like a movie (with a more detail plot and buildup).. Guess it can even tops the league if they're doing great with the rest of story arc.. Looking forward to see the following episode for sure..

5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Dec 3, 2016 9:33 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Satoshi using 6 pokemon to fight Fleur while Alan only uses Lizardon. Satoshi's not even needed since Alan's Lizardon is so OP. LMAO at Lizardon getting hit by Stone Edge again. Watch out Fleur. Water attacks don't affect Lizardon. Maybe he knows that, which is why he used Stone Edge instead since Lizardon gets owned by that every time.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 12, 2017 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
I watched this when it aired on CITV but had no WiFi until now, so it was weeks ago, so I barely remember it.

Wow, Ash against Lysandre, epic!

Team Rocket reporting is cool! James is so cute <3 :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.