Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2010 9:01 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A backstory of Celty, being cut up :X ... i'm sorry, i was too focused on the narration done by fukujun D:

Jan 28, 2010 10:17 AM
Dec 2008
Shinra is quite interesting to say the least.

I'm loving Celty's backstory and her character a lot, pretty good episode, not as crazy as the others, but awesome on its own way.
Jan 28, 2010 12:09 PM

Jan 2010
Usami-Haru said:
Shinra is quite interesting to say the least.

I'm loving Celty's backstory and her character a lot, pretty good episode, not as crazy as the others, but awesome on its own way.

You just took the words right out of my mouth ^^;
Jan 28, 2010 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
Good background story.

Shinra's father let's him dissect people when he's just 4 years? I wish my father had done that..
Jan 28, 2010 3:19 PM

Oct 2009
katzenjammer said:
A backstory of Celty, being cut up :X ... i'm sorry, i was too focused on the narration done by fukujun D:
Oh great so I can naked stuff but there looks to be light censoring.....at least the blood or violence will not be so I suppose the old censoring methods are in this one...still not bad for a breast size of Celty....a little too big for my taste but she still is pretty cool person.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 28, 2010 6:02 PM

Mar 2009
katzenjammer said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I loved Fukujun doing the narration too.. but I am wonder who does Celty's voice?! Its fantastic. --- Randy
Jan 29, 2010 12:00 AM

Oct 2009
Even though I am disappointed a little at how somethings were done in this episode with the explanations of the legend of Dullahan I will say it was a favorite episode simply because of Celty appearing a lot in it. From her shower scene to the gruesome part of the operation where Shinra of all things at 4 operated on Celty to her chair sitting it looked she was human apart from her missing her head. Liked also Shinra's little approaches and comments towards Celty. This is my problem.....horses comes in..right? Shows this=>
and it becomes a motorcycle that is like the horse suddenly....that does not look well done but the legend is and its environment. Epic shower scene is still epic because it's Celty=> Also transformation scene/instant healing are nice too=>
So pretty this might be #1 for Celty....hoping more of her in the future and looks like next episode will have some Anri x Mikado....yes!

Jan 29, 2010 12:40 AM

Jul 2009
Nice backstory episode about Celty & Shinra.Apparently she came to Japan to find her stolen head & meet with Shinra father,Shingen Kishitani.(where is your gas mask Shingen?) & make an operation on Celty accompanied with 4 year old Shinra!!!What a fucked up famiy,letting your 4 year old son watching an operation & even let his son dissect Celty.After that Shinra claimed that he fell in love with her,but Celty doesn't care much about him for now.
That is I can say boz i only watch raw & waiting for subs for better understanding.
Next ep preview,Kida tries to impress Anri?Will he succeeded XD

By the way Francis about your reply who the strongest in Durarara!! in last ep thread,it's not Celty but Shizuo Heiwajima is the STRONGEST person according to Ryougo Narita (the author).
Kagura89Jan 29, 2010 12:49 AM
Jan 29, 2010 12:53 AM

Sep 2007
Ohooo so we got to Celty's story pretty quick. I was highly amused at her living out a fairly normal life. Seeing her walking around without a head was pretty lulz. Shinra was a pretty eccentric dude too. Meh, Shinra still isn't as cool as Izaya or Shizuo though.
Jan 29, 2010 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
not as awesome as previous episodes but anyway it was nice...
Jan 29, 2010 1:37 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Wow I wasn't expecting a background story like that!! Great episode, but I would like to see the other characters and how they relate with one another.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 29, 2010 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
Oh my, we got to see her past faster than expected.

Celty's voice is the same as the narrator's? Miyuki Sawashiro is listed at ANN as the second one. Is it her?
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Jan 29, 2010 2:30 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode with a lot of info on Celty, though I wasn't expecting boobs/nipples to appear so soon or at all in this series (not that I'm complaining). And woot for delicious Anri next episode.
Jan 29, 2010 2:38 AM

Feb 2009
i guess, this episode is needed for those who don't know their myths and stuff. but seriously, coming from someone who knows already it might seem like it was somewhat like a waste of air time.

i kinda feel like that somehow....only because i'd rather see more of izaya's craziness and more mikado and kida.

that or i just really hate girls in my anime
Jan 29, 2010 2:41 AM
Aug 2008
Wasabi said:
Ohooo so we got to Celty's story pretty quick.

Yeah, I was surprised about that too.. Thought I wouldn't get to know until much later! Not complaining though :3
Jan 29, 2010 3:23 AM

Aug 2009
Elrondp said:
Celty's voice is the same as the narrator's? Miyuki Sawashiro is listed at ANN as the second one. Is it her?

It's definitely her voice..
Jan 29, 2010 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
Guys, we might have an episode set entirely in Ireland.
-Fixing-
Jan 29, 2010 3:42 AM

Jan 2010
Hah, from a Mysteries and Cool Rider, to an average-Anime-middle-age women and all in 1 episode.
Oh well, it was a good Anime while it lasted.

And a way to scew over Headless Horsman legend.
Jan 29, 2010 3:49 AM

Jun 2008
Starbrow said:
Actually, no. The headless horseman comes from a story, while dullahan is a irish fairie... (which inspired Irving when he wrote the headless horseman story)
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Jan 29, 2010 3:52 AM

Jul 2009
katzenjammer said:
i guess, this episode is needed for those who don't know their myths and stuff. but seriously, coming from someone who knows already it might seem like it was somewhat like a waste of air time.

I felt like that too. Even though I didn't know the legend, I still thought it could have been a little shorter in the episode...
Jan 29, 2010 3:56 AM
Mar 2009
Another awesome episode like ep 2.... I love these darker Celty episodes alot more than the random ones
Jan 29, 2010 4:15 AM

Jan 2010
RS said:
Starbrow said:
Actually, no. The headless horseman comes from a story, while dullahan is a irish fairie... (which inspired Irving when he wrote the headless horseman story)

And Was Dullahan a middle-age-women with a perfect body which didnt age in 20 years, who walked around people like a normal citizen, looking for its head?
Jan 29, 2010 4:18 AM
Sep 2009
AHHH! Seriously I have been talking to people since last week about celty's gender! I really thought they would drag it out longer too but I rather like being able to see the story come together as it progresses rather than a rush of information at the end =)
Jan 29, 2010 4:35 AM

Nov 2008
Lots of backstory, eh? That's fine. It had a serious lack of certain characters though, but I'm sure they'll fix that next week.
The scene where they dissected her was interesting to say the least. She still has her organs intact, but they no longer function in her body?
Jan 29, 2010 4:46 AM

Nov 2009
francismeunier said:
Even though I am disappointed a little at how somethings were done in this episode with the explanations of the legend of Dullahan I will say it was a favorite episode simply because of Celty appearing a lot in it.

This.
Celty >> all, for me xD Don't care much for students, the less screentime they have, the better. It's the biggest reason why DRRR is weaker than Baccano thus far.
Jan 29, 2010 5:32 AM

Jul 2009
FurryFury said:
francismeunier said:
Even though I am disappointed a little at how somethings were done in this episode with the explanations of the legend of Dullahan I will say it was a favorite episode simply because of Celty appearing a lot in it.

This.
Celty >> all, for me xD Don't care much for students, the less screentime they have, the better. It's the biggest reason why DRRR is weaker than Baccano thus far.

No it won't.Those three students including Shizuo,Izaya & etc are the important part of the story.Limiting their screentime can ruin the entire plot,especially with whole Celty head searching business & Dollars thingy.Believe me,there are more bigger things to come & became more complicated as story progressed.This word coming a person that read first 3 volume of light novel.I also disagree with you about Durarara is weaker than Baccano,it's reaaaaly early to say this as it still airing but making quick judgement already.I think Durarara has it's own standing ground & it might be surpass Baccano or at least near as good as it,but only time will tell....
Jan 29, 2010 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
Starbrow said:
RS said:
Starbrow said:

And Was Dullahan a middle-age-women with a perfect body which didnt age in 20 years, who walked around people like a normal citizen, looking for its head?
Uh, remember this is an anime, taking it's liberties when it writes the plot. I was just saying that the headless horseman is a story, wrote by an american writer (almost 200 years ego), while the dullahan faerie is part of the irish mythology.
RSJan 29, 2010 7:08 AM
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Jan 29, 2010 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
Good flashback, at least what i feel after finished this episode is "so that's how she managed to get to Japan" wonder how she convinced those ship's crew to get in..

Starbrow said:

Have you see the real Dullahan? it looks like you know a lot about this Dulllahan, might shared your knowledge?
Jan 29, 2010 7:32 AM

Jun 2009
Good, interesting, finally some facts about Celty.
I want only more Anri ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 29, 2010 7:54 AM

Jul 2008
Just saw it and it was..well,entertaining. :\ I seriously wasn't expecting a Celty having shower scene OR RATHER THE ONE WHERE SHE IS ON THE SURGERY TABLE.
But meh, at least now I know why she's in Japan and why she has no head :'D
Jan 29, 2010 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
I'm really surprised they explained this so early. When I started watching, I expected her to be just a generic mysterious being, but her human side makes her a lot more interesting in my view.
Still, I think they went overboard and made her a bit too normal. They'd better raise some new questions about her soon.
Jan 29, 2010 8:52 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
By the way Francis about your reply who the strongest in Durarara!! in last ep thread,it's not Celty but Shizuo Heiwajima is the STRONGEST person according to Ryougo Narita (the author).
No way, Shizuo might have strength but one slice of Celty and he is gone!
Wasabi said:
I was highly amused at her living out a fairly normal life. Seeing her walking around without a head was pretty lulz.
Yeah that amused me too. XD
Laevantein said:
Starbrow said:
Have you see the real Dullahan? it looks like you know a lot about this Dulllahan, might shared your knowledge?
I though the real one was a male.
francismeunierJan 29, 2010 9:12 AM

Jan 29, 2010 9:20 AM

Jun 2009
Starbrow said:
RS said:
Starbrow said:

"Dullahan" is a type of fairy, not necessarily a name. Celty's one of them. A fairy. This isn't about "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", not the Headless Horseman. It's about the headless Irish fairy named Celty. Don't be a smartass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dullahan
Jan 29, 2010 9:23 AM

Apr 2009
Elrondp said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's her.
I see lots of love for Fukuyama in here x) Haha. (Understandable xD) The character he voices is pretty interesting, but Celty/Selty takes the cake. Her backstory is nothing I'd have expected o.O Also, I didn't think we would be getting that until the very end, but oh well. Works this way too.
Also, nice job, Shinra's dad xD Way to play with your son.
(Also, yay, I just realised that the full version of 'Uragiri no Yuuyake' is out xD)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 29, 2010 9:32 AM

Oct 2009
Maryberry said:
Starbrow said:
RS said:
Starbrow said:

"Dullahan" is a type of fairy, not necessarily a name. Celty's one of them. A fairy. This isn't about "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", not the Headless Horseman. It's about the headless Irish fairy named Celty. Don't be a smartass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dullahan
You know what....I would like the following things to be in this serie from Celty: Spraying of blood on a watcher, calling out name then person dies and the whip would be nice.

Jan 29, 2010 9:40 AM

Aug 2008
Selty Sturluson...

is that name in the dullahan story or is it just some random name given to her by shinra
Jan 29, 2010 9:45 AM
Jun 2008
Proselyt said:
Good background story.

Shinra's father let's him dissect people when he's just 4 years? I wish my father had done that..
( Shock ) at least 12 years old.....4 years old is too early
Jan 29, 2010 9:52 AM
Jun 2008
I guess this is the end of the background story for the headless rider......I wonder what happen if she gets the head? ^^
From the title "形影相弔(Keieiaitomura)" ,it means loneliness i guess >.< .Its seem she is quite irritated for being losing her head .Shinra need to try better next time ^^
MorningGloryJan 29, 2010 10:48 AM
Jan 29, 2010 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
Btw, interesting way to put a review of what has happened before in the middle of the OP ( ¯‿¯)
Could be slightly complicated to live with a woman who doesn't have a head. First, it's a woman, they're complicated. Next, she doesn't have a head. That has to be complicated beyond measure ┐('~`;)┌
Harr harr harr, Celty's a fairy from the Celtic folklore, see what I did there? (・3・ア
Funny how Shizuo's such a good guy btw ◔ ◡ ◔
Dude, that's one sick-o of a father ಠ_ಠ
Tl;dr Celty's my favorite so far ( ゚ ー ゚)

alinekax said:
katzenjammer said:
I felt like that too. Even though I didn't know the legend, I still thought it could have been a little shorter in the episode...
Still, we've got 20 more episodes, I don't think it's too bad to have a whole episode go to this ^^
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 29, 2010 10:56 AM

Nov 2006
Now I REALLY want to see some stuff about Seiji and Harima Mika.
Jan 29, 2010 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome episode. I'm glad they gave information about Celty sooner rather then later. Can't wait for next week's episode.
Jan 29, 2010 11:13 AM

Jun 2009
i wonder fi shes going to get a head
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jan 29, 2010 11:34 AM

Dec 2007
Finally a step away from the cheerful characters, they get old fast. To me, the most impressive episode yet.
Jan 29, 2010 11:38 AM

Apr 2007
Oh Shinra you are so damn cute <3

Anyway Celty's story was interesting, can't wait for more~
Jan 29, 2010 11:39 AM
May 2008
Good episode, finally some real info. It appears to me that Selty is using the people she works with, and them vice versa.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 29, 2010 11:41 AM

Nov 2009
I really liked the episode and I came to like Celty even more then I already though maybe I would have made an episode about this character a it later on.
Jan 29, 2010 12:13 PM

Mar 2008
Well actually that I had expected but still it was amazing. I wonder who stole the head, that someone had to know a good trick. I am even more surprised that the Shinra and Selty live together. However, it selfish of him. if he loves her so he should try to regain her head. Unless he only likes her for that she is with him and he does not need more. Perhaps he is afraid that if this happens she will leave him but if she wanted to do she went to before.
Ahhhh I do not know what to think.

Jan 29, 2010 12:46 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't mind this episode. I found it to be pretty interesting. However, I didn't expect something like this to occur so soon if 24 episodes are planned. This seems like something to reveal later on, but then again, who knows what'll happen.
Jan 29, 2010 12:52 PM

Sep 2009
Celty is pretty awesome, personality wise (and being a kick ass Dullahan, too). Glad we got to learn about her already! Tho I'm still waiting for the main plot of this show to kick into gear.

Also: Awwww, Shinra.
Jan 29, 2010 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
Someone could tell me what's the purpose of this anime ?
I am loosing interest in this weird story T__T
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - 4 hours ago

2 by CrunchyCrobat »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.