Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 31, 2010 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
What a fuss about one bite, it's not last breast-bite in DitVB after all(or maybe i'm wrong, i don't remember).
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 31, 2010 9:24 PM
Oct 2007
Ya see, I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of this biting thing. But I can't take it when people see something like this and immediately think of it as fanservice when it's not. (I'm not referring to anyone specifically. This is a general statement.)

Yeah, we could say that the vampire guy could bite her anywhere else, her shoulder, her arm, her leg, her stomach, oh, the back of her neck since she has long hair, or even the sole of her foot. But obviously, the most convenient place to bite her other than her neck would be her chest. Also because biting her at the chest delivers the vampiric venom to the bloodstream faster. (This being the reason vampires usually bite the neck in the first place.) Well, that's all I have to say on this minor topic, lol. You may ignore me and go back to discussing the episode. :)
Jan 31, 2010 9:31 PM

Jun 2009
Laevantein said:
You see, maybe that guy think that will be the last thing he did in this world, why not make a last good memories on earth, and it's more comfortable and easy to reach from he was standing
Wow I seem to have generated quite the discussion lol
But yea, it makes sense that he'd want to hide the bite mark, but still it was probably meant as fanservice as well, just alitte bit.
Feb 1, 2010 1:55 AM

Jul 2009
So what if it is fanservice?
Feb 1, 2010 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
It just looks sexier than in neck. That guy was awful though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 1, 2010 6:38 AM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
That guy looked like some kind of mutant bum from the streets. Bet you he would be a happy person to have sex with that girl.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 1, 2010 7:05 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:
That guy looked like some kind of mutant bum from the streets. Bet you he would be a happy person to have sex with that girl.
He was on a job after all. He was ordered to make her a vampire, and he did, does it matter how he did so?
I wonder.. maybe that should be spoilerified?xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 1, 2010 10:43 PM

Jul 2008
well thats a new type of suicide bomber, no one would think of removing an organ and inserting a bomb
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 2, 2010 12:52 AM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
I can't say I like the rather uneventful way they introduced his dad.
Well he is a rather stiff guy, can't really say they could've introduced a character like him in a better way.

It wasn't the characters stiffness that bothered me.
It was that we go to a new episode and then suddenly it's like... OH yeah, here's his dad.
Feb 2, 2010 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Well he is a rather stiff guy, can't really say they could've introduced a character like him in a better way.
It was that we go to a new episode and then suddenly it's like... OH yeah, here's his dad.
And there isn't really any other way to introduce a character such as him, is what I'm saying.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 2, 2010 9:10 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
And there isn't really any other way to introduce a character such as him, is what I'm saying.
There could have been a better way like past flashback?

Feb 2, 2010 9:14 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:

They could just adapt 1st manga chapter and it would be good. I'm pretty sure that Wolf was introduced in it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 2, 2010 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:

They could just adapt 1st manga chapter and it would be good. I'm pretty sure that Wolf was introduced in it.
Still, there wasn't much of an introduction in the manga either, from what I remember : p
Feb 2, 2010 1:30 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:

Still, there wasn't much of an introduction in the manga either, from what I remember : p

But it was better than this, at least u have known that Wolf is Akira's father when reading chapter 4.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 2, 2010 3:07 PM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:

But it was better than this, at least u have known that Wolf is Akira's father when reading chapter 4.
If that is so then they should do it like that for use to understand but so far many things they did surely did not make things clear compared to the manga. Am I right?

Feb 2, 2010 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:

If that is so then they should do it like that for use to understand but so far many things they did surely did not make things clear compared to the manga. Am I right?

Yeah, something like that ;] And there's this new girl we don't know anything about yet. What was her name?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 2, 2010 9:18 PM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:

Yeah, something like that ;] And there's this new girl we don't know anything about yet. What was her name?
Meiren it is and you are talking about her=>

Feb 2, 2010 10:23 PM

Apr 2009
awesome episode, was pleasantly surprised, this was what I had expected for episode 1 or 2, but hey it works here ^^
Feb 2, 2010 11:51 PM

Oct 2009
I am shocked no one put this nice pic for all to grab=>

Feb 3, 2010 12:42 AM

Apr 2008
francismeunier said:

Very right.

There's one thing that the manga made clear from chapter 1. MINA IS FUCKIN strong. I mean she takes down a guy at least twice her size with extreme ease and then even uses him as a meat shield against his partner who tried to shoot her with a stake.

But then you have the anime Mina who trips over her own fuckin clothing =_=
Feb 3, 2010 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oh please put pictures of that size in spoilers >.>
Anyway, why're you shocked because of that? I don't see what's so interesting about it as to post it on the forum
Feb 3, 2010 7:26 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Anyway, why're you shocked because of that? I don't see what's so interesting about it as to post it on the forum

I don't know either, if it would be
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 3, 2010 7:54 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Funny thing though, is that
Feb 3, 2010 7:54 AM
Aug 2008
I started watching the show, then started reading the manga and didn't care for it (stopped after chapter 14). I'm generally of the same attitude that most are here: keep it faithful to the source material. In this particular instance though, I find myself hoping that they stray from it.

Well now that I think about it my problems with the series lie mainly with Mina's character and how she's written, which probably isn't going to change.
Feb 3, 2010 9:28 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Funny thing though, is that

Why would he think that??
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 3, 2010 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
Who knows ^^ That's just the conclusion I draw from reading his comments for quite a while now.
Feb 3, 2010 1:49 PM
Dec 2009
I gave this series four episodes. I think that's long enough. Boring story. Forgettable characters. Bland animation. No reason to continue.

DROPPED
Feb 3, 2010 6:38 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:

Oosran said:

Why when it does not deform the forum and it's nice....Mina sucking her own blood in the classic setting of vampires not wanting to suck human but their own or of their vampire friend since it was clear of that in this episode that Mina supports the fang-less kids.
Oosran said:
Because it's very well drawn and nice....notice it was the same thing in Nyan Koi and it is now in Hanamaru.....you should know I spoiler most of my things per respect anyways.
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
Who knows ^^ That's just the conclusion I draw from reading his comments for quite a while now.
BTW I know Mina's true form because I got spoiled already and I think of it as "femme fatal"(Fatal female).

Feb 4, 2010 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Why when it does not deform the forum and it's nice....Mina sucking her own blood in the classic setting of vampires not wanting to suck human but their own or of their vampire friend since it was clear of that in this episode that Mina supports the fang-less kids.
Well no, it doesn't deform the forum board, but it makes your post way longer than it has to be, thus more scrolling, resulting in annoyed grunts.
[rant]
And I wouldn't really say it's her own blood, she just happens to have gotten some blood on her, and she's licking it up. I mean, she isn't really anyone who'd hesitate on drinking someone's blood if necessary. Then again, they've got artificial blood which they distribute in the bund, so the vampires wouldn't go over to the human side when they need blood. And she's the ruler of the vampires, of course she cares for all her minions, including the fangless who're distanced from the normal vampires.
[/rant]
Feb 4, 2010 6:52 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:

Oosran said:
Well no, it doesn't deform the forum board, but it makes your post way longer than it has to be, thus more scrolling, resulting in annoyed grunts.
[rant]

Longer? No the spoiler do it more than anything and I personally am still thinking about how to change that.
Oosran said:
And I wouldn't really say it's her own blood, she just happens to have gotten some blood on her, and she's licking it up. I mean, she isn't really anyone who'd hesitate on drinking someone's blood if necessary.

It could be her own blood still. I don't think she would drink anyone's blood just like that. Remember she said vampires choose their prey.
Oosran said:
Then again, they've got artificial blood which they distribute in the bund, so the vampires wouldn't go over to the human side when they need blood. And she's the ruler of the vampires, of course she cares for all her minions, including the fangless who're distanced from the normal vampires.
[/rant]
So it's a little like in Vampire Knight with the pills thing. No artificial blood is bad...they should drink their own it's better that way to survive among themselves.

Feb 4, 2010 10:02 AM

Aug 2008
This show is so weird. I like a lot of the stuff that they're doing with vampire lore and infrastructure, but at the same time, a lot of the execution, and mechanics used to contemporarize it feel very pedestrian. And it's all manifested in the Loli Vampire queen. Part of me likes the idea of an innocent looking girl with a sharp mind and tongue, but the way she is employed, sexualized, and made very weak bothers me.

Besides that, I liked how the episode played out.
Feb 4, 2010 6:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
and made very weak bothers me.

The anime adaptation screw that part badly. But I agree with the" sexualized" part. Her other form is definitely not less "sexualized".

It's funny because she is purposely hiding her powers for reasons that may or may not be discussed in the anime.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 4, 2010 6:40 PM

Aug 2008
Feb 4, 2010 6:42 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Hearing that definitely makes me feel better.
Maybe not in episode #5 is what I am saying but censors made might delight you in that.....the form was changed and I will leave at that.

Feb 5, 2010 12:33 PM

Jun 2008
This was the best episode so far but the most stupid thing is the fact that they didn't explain why there was a bomb going around in the first place. I was completely lost at that part.

OMG!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE CENSORS! If they suddenly are afraid to show her body then don't show her getting out of the bathtub at all instead of making my screen all white. That's fucking irritating.

Also i wish the director will not move the camera and change scenes all that much. I appreciate the different way of directing but you are overdoing it. I got a headache.
Feb 5, 2010 8:11 PM

Jul 2008
Best episode yet :)
Feb 8, 2010 11:42 AM

May 2009
Interesting episode. Not going to watch with Yuurisan subs again though. I had a hard time understanding Mina's "old" way of talking at times...
Feb 8, 2010 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
Not bad, but I'm far from in love with this series. The combat isn't bad. The political intrigue is beyond me to a point. I don't know if I don't care or if it's the matter of it being boring to me. I guess I'm just sticking with this because I care to see how werewolf knight x vampire queen relationship pans out.
Feb 16, 2010 2:25 PM

Dec 2007
It is good to see them to actually followed most of the manga material, and I guess the real story finally begins. They need to make better art, though.
Feb 23, 2010 2:41 PM

May 2007
Monad said:
This was the best episode so far but the most stupid thing is the fact that they didn't explain why there was a bomb going around in the first place. I was completely lost at that part.

Indeed, I didn't think that made sense at all, so I started to read the manga. In turns out that they skipped quite a number of scenes when they adapted it in the anime; particularly the bit where they actually find out that there is a bomb in the first place!
Mar 19, 2010 11:13 PM

May 2008
Wow, they actually did this part of the manga after all. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 5, 2010 10:01 PM
Feb 2009
niceee
Jul 12, 2010 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
Okay first of all why would that vampire security leader bring a bomb with him? Wasn't he there to protect the Queen and yet he brought a bomb with him. Was he trying to assassinate the Queen also but doesn't have the nerve to do it?

Anyways the student council president was shown and it seems to be that she got raped by a bunch of vampires. Am I to assume that she's also a vampire now?
Aug 18, 2010 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
I like that they are showing a bit more of the political side of the story as that seems much more intersting to me than the MinaxAkira stuff right now. Also is the anime really depicting Mina as weaker than the manga or is she just pretending to be weak for various reasons? I haven't read the manga so I have no idea but in this ep it looked as if she was fully aware of the bomb issue and could have done something about it but purposely left herself seem vulnerable so that Akira could act.
Sep 11, 2010 11:59 AM

Oct 2009
Lol, where did that bomb came from in the first place?
Oct 10, 2010 8:46 PM

Jan 2008
The art in this series is ugly :P And this episode was boring
Nov 17, 2010 11:43 AM

Feb 2010
so awesomely bad!
Nov 25, 2010 10:48 AM
Jan 2010
And the pedophile pandering continues
Jun 8, 2011 7:10 AM

Dec 2009
This episode is boring... No, the whole story is boring!.. Main characters are dull and not intersting... I think I`ll stop watching at this episode...
Sep 2, 2011 2:19 PM

Jul 2010
i love the little chibi shorts they do at the end of the episode, "we have a maid that doesnt do her job"
"o well thats a big problem"
"we meant YOU"

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.