Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 21, 2016 5:06 PM

Sep 2013
Sheesh! Hold the poor jerk's hand!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 21, 2016 5:31 PM

Dec 2014
Phil_Murray said:
Xirome said:
Also, will this anime cover the whole manga since it's only 13 episodes long?

I didn't read the manga but since the manga is finished and the anime speed up and covers two chapters per episode (as you can read on the comments at the last episodes), I'll guess: Yeah, it'll cover the whole manga. :)

Thank you :D Was wondering how it was. This is the first discussion I joined so I havn't seen the previous comments.
Aug 21, 2016 5:35 PM
Apr 2014
All the density of male ecchi protagonists wrapped up in one unlikable cunt... FOR FUCKS SAKE AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE HE WANTS YOU TO HOLD HIS HAND! HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE! AGHHHH! This pairing is downright garbo.
Aug 21, 2016 5:43 PM

Jun 2016
Geez how dumb canthat girl be!!! I mean, I could sort of understand the first time. You may be surprised and since you love him your head just refuses to work corectly and you end up not doing anything.... but than you realise that you screw up big time and feel terrible!!! There is no way anyone on earth would repeat that mistake!!

-but yeah, Kakeru ,knowing her character, should just grab her hand. Would work better!
Aug 21, 2016 6:00 PM

Nov 2013
while i also thought she was dumb on the hand scenes...
kakeru said he didnt want to date her before when he was on the bed...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 21, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2015
Liked the letter reveals!

Kunoske has a great group of friends.

Naho can be thick as two short planks, though!
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 21, 2016 7:23 PM
Jul 2016
he wants to hold hands, the fucking degenerate
Aug 21, 2016 7:26 PM
Jul 2016
I was wondering why the others hadn't been helping as much if they got letters, but then I realized that Naho keeps a diary and she was probably the one that reminded them of certain events they probably forgot. Otherwise, maybe she didn't tell them that much about 10 years ago and that's why they haven't been able to help out much: They had forgot about details that Naho's diary hadn't. If that is the case, why didn't just Naho write the letters? Also, I hope the time travel is explained at the end better than it was in Clannad AS. Bad things happen to people that mess with time travel, especially writers. I haven't found any noteworthy plot holes in this anime yet and I am very much enjoying it but the ending is the most important part. I need to see more of the old future, too. And if Suwa gets "Anaru-ed" I'm gonna be ticked. Although unless Kakeru somehow dies, I can't imagine Naho and Suwa being together in the ending. Truly a shame...
"That's why I'm glad I'm a man who's transcended such meaningless worries" -Yuichi Aizawa
Aug 21, 2016 7:29 PM
Nov 2015
Is it just me, or is this show getting worse and worse?

3/5
Aug 21, 2016 7:55 PM

Sep 2014
Haha Naho is so dense. I mean she has been put into a lot of pressure, so maybe she would tend to over thinking this, but damn. I'll cut her some slack though.
Aug 21, 2016 8:22 PM

Jul 2016
Literally cried when they all showed their letters to Naho. The feels! Can't wait for the next episode. ☺

Aug 21, 2016 8:53 PM
Jun 2016
Naho's density gets a little annoying but good episode. I figured they all got a letter too so nice to see that revelation happen. Ties everything together nicely and puts their attitudes into a different light from what we've seen throughout the show.

Still have this sinking feeling things might not end so well.
Venator25Aug 21, 2016 8:56 PM
Aug 21, 2016 9:36 PM

Dec 2010
i didn't like this episode at all
Aug 21, 2016 9:59 PM
Aug 2015
Getting better and better every episode!
Aug 21, 2016 10:02 PM
Aug 2014
So all five of them have letters...and yet they still managed to invite Kakeru to hang out with them on his very first day at their school. GG
Aug 21, 2016 10:38 PM

Oct 2013
LOL come on Naho; it was so blatantly obvious. But geez Kakeru, you need to man up as well
Aug 21, 2016 11:34 PM

Jun 2013
is she really that stupid? just hold his hand yu stupid bitch! and they all got a letter? seriously? where's the fun in that
Aug 22, 2016 12:23 AM

Dec 2013
Not sure how to feel about this. The setup for the episode was pretty simple for the reveal. I gotta wonder though, why would none of them come out to tell the others when they received the letters? Or was it that those three had only JUST received them?

And given that they all know what happened 10 years in the future, why did they all insist on inviting Kakeru to join them on the first day of school?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 22, 2016 12:52 AM

Jul 2012
I've been pretty tolerant with Naho but damn, could she be any more dense?

Besides that it was a pretty good episode. Not necessarily surprised that everyone got a letter but now that it's out there in the open, I feel there's quite some flaws with some of the characters ways of acting because of it.
Aug 22, 2016 1:18 AM
Jun 2016
I always look forward to each new episode of Orange but this one was kinda underwhelming - the art didn't seem as good as it usually is. Despite that I enjoyed the development of the plot in this ep, its very sweet how they all got a letter so now Naho won't have to bear it all alone.

Keen to see how things progress!
Aug 22, 2016 1:20 AM
Jun 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Not sure how to feel about this. The setup for the episode was pretty simple for the reveal. I gotta wonder though, why would none of them come out to tell the others when they received the letters? Or was it that those three had only JUST received them?

And given that they all know what happened 10 years in the future, why did they all insist on inviting Kakeru to join them on the first day of school?

Maybe they all had letters from the start, but didn't think anyone would believe them, it is a pretty crazy situation!! And I agree, the reveal could have been a bit more dramatic..
Aug 22, 2016 1:21 AM
Jun 2016
Benkyo said:
I've been pretty tolerant with Naho but damn, could she be any more dense?

Besides that it was a pretty good episode. Not necessarily surprised that everyone got a letter but now that it's out there in the open, I feel there's quite some flaws with some of the characters ways of acting because of it.

Damn Naho leaving Kakeru hanging twice :') Her awkwardness frustrates me! She's a cutie though.
Aug 22, 2016 1:22 AM
Jun 2016
mahoupenisu said:
i didn't like this episode at all

I didn't hate it but I feel this! The art wasn't up to scratch for me and the plot was kinda uneventful this week - a more dramatic 'everyone got letters' reveal would have made things better I think.
Aug 22, 2016 1:23 AM
Jun 2016
Venator25 said:
Naho's density gets a little annoying but good episode. I figured they all got a letter too so nice to see that revelation happen. Ties everything together nicely and puts their attitudes into a different light from what we've seen throughout the show.

Still have this sinking feeling things might not end so well.

Me too! I hope they can save Kakeru but I have a bad feeling that the overall message of the show will be something like 'the future can't be changed' and we're gonna be left heartbroken. Fingers crossed things turn out alright though :/
Aug 22, 2016 3:06 AM

Dec 2014
well everyone got a letter..... Am I the only one who wonders how were letters sent back in time.....
Aug 22, 2016 3:27 AM
Dec 2015
I love Kakeru and Naho together, but I can't help from feeling a bit sad for Suwa :')
Aug 22, 2016 3:39 AM

Feb 2011
Wow, Naho is so dumb.. why she didn't take his hand >.< poor Kakeru.. it was hard looking at his sad face ;-;

So everyone really got letters..

And Hagita is so adorable.. I really thought he would confess to Azu.. hoping for that one in future episodes :D
Aug 22, 2016 3:51 AM
Aug 2016
Well I kinda like that anime. The feels have been coming in every episode and I always ended up with my eyes full of tears. This episode did impress me alot, but actually I am a little disappointed of how slowly everything happens I need a little more action
GBkAAug 22, 2016 4:01 AM
Aug 22, 2016 3:56 AM
Jun 2016
Nice episode to watch, the plot explored more and more beautiful content, but Naho still didn't click her mind with Kakeru's. Hopefully Naho doesn't do another mistake so that Kakeru will survive. Hoping a good ending tho.
Future ship predict : Hagita x Aizu
Aug 22, 2016 4:00 AM
Aug 2016
thelectricow said:
Is it just me, or is this show getting worse and worse?

3/5

You are actually right. I think I did expect more. When it showed that he, in the future, had committed suicide, I was too disappointed of Kakeru. I was very impressed of that anime because it hid some thoughts about circumstances and fate, but with the coming eps I realized that actually, it is all his fault, in some way. Who knows that in the new future, if he failed, or for example, broke up with Naho or whatever, who can guarantee he wouldn't commit suicide again? Anyway, I shall keep watching it with the hope that it would indeed live up to my expectations, but something big has to happen in order to change my current opinion :x
Aug 22, 2016 4:56 AM

Dec 2015
Stop saying that Naho is stupid. Have you never been teenagers?

There's shy people in the world too, huh?
Aug 22, 2016 5:01 AM

Aug 2011
BooMChapow said:
a lot of people are irritated ehh, mostly because of naho :D anyways, people tend to forget that its not just to erase their regrets, they maybe feel idk, guilt? or somewhat involve because they invited kakeru in that opening day.. also that feeling of person youre so close with commit suicide and you could possibly tried to help him if you just knew.... phew, i got a little triggered by opheliakc's comment :D so yeah, that is how i view it... my english is not that good, i hope i made sense

urghh and i said i will never post in discussions... mah whatever, gonna delete this in the next few days anyway.... its just that many are so critical here, well, after all its a forum..... but actually the story is really just simple, i have read the manga.... the content of the letters are in some way, a loophole? the vagueness of it, like, it could be written a lot better, but all of those are just another possibilities and besides, we really cant do anything about that.. thats what the author said so, so thats it!! i'll just think in a way that, its a pure plot device ........ hey, me too dont like naho, worst shoujo mc i watched so far.... she will mess up more later on :D

also i hear a lot of bs the past ep disscusions here, about the romance... like ''naho basically rejecting her baby'' bla bla bla and ''suwa getting cuck'' wth ~_~ as far as i can understand naho likes kakeru first, though they were never develop because apparently naho is an idiot and kakeru is such an emo kid.. future naho and suwa are married because certain things happen and that will come next episodes, one of them is ofc kakeru dying.... thats how i view it, idk about yours :)

I agree with you. The most important thing in this anime is saving a friend from committing suicide. People are so involved with the romance aspect that they forgot that some young kid is about to kill himself because he is depressed about the untimely death of his mother that he blames on himself. All of his friends care about him and want to save him, that is so endearing to me.

I don't care who Kakeru ends up with, I just hope he will live to see a brighter and better future.
Aug 22, 2016 5:08 AM

Jun 2013
So Kakeru overworks himself and passes out during his match. Suwa starts to believe that it was because Kakeru joined the football club and is working extra hard. They start to question whether it really is the best decision to follow the letters word by word. The letters only mention which events will effect Kakeru's emotional state and tells how to fix it. The letters don't mention what effects they might have on Kakeru's physical state or on others around him. The purpose of the letters is to give the recipient one way to make Kakeru happy. There are more ways to handle each situation than just the ones mentioned in the letters. Naho is now starting to think that following the letters would have the benefit of saving Kakeru, but it may have adverse effects in other areas like his physical health. She knows the purpose of the letters – making Kakeru happy and saving him from depression – and she can do that on her own too, is what she believes. Following the letters gives the impression that she's doing it because someone says so – that someone being herself lol – and if she tries to save Kakeru without following the letters, it would be like she's doing it out of her own volition for Kakeru and not for someone else. She's going to be doing the same thing, except she won't be taking orders from someone. She'll be handling each situation as it comes like your average person who doesn't get to know the future. Now is this the best decision? That will be clear during the athletics meet. Naho and friends have asked to participate in the relay with Kakeru. Even if Kakeru falls and they lose the race, it wouldn't be only his fault because they didn't even have a chance to begin with with the likes of Hagita on board. Everyone joining in will make the race fun and the result wouldn't matter. There would be no pressure and Kakeru wouldn't have to work extra hard. Of course they would prefer it if they win but the result wouldn't matter much if they have fun. The decision to let Kakeru race even though the letters forbade them from doing that was made because there was a possibility that not participating in the race and then them losing could have another effect on Kakeru because he was the fastest in class and could have won the race for them, another reason was that Kakeru was looking forward to the race and not letting him participate is like not letting him do something he could have enjoyed which could have pushed him farther from depression.

Suwa's own feelings are getting in his way as he didn't push Naho and Kakeru together in the nurse's office. He knows that's what is probably best for Kakeru, but deep inside he doesn't want his crush to date someone else. This is exactly what future Suwa did which he ended up regretting.

And Kakeru holding out his hand with a sad look is probably not just him wanting to hold hands with Naho. If that were the case then he should be blushing, stuttering and looking away, or he should be have a smile on his face. I don't think he would be asking out Naho with that sad look on his face. He wants to say something to Naho but then feels that it's either not really necessary to tell her right now or he can't muster the courage to say it. Kakeru must be a weird guy if he is asking Naho to hold hands with that dejected look on his face.

And the rest of the gang also got letters. It wasn't that big a surprise since Suwa got one after all. Suwa's letter was surprising since it happened earlier, but the rest getting it was a very likely scenario. Why didn't they tell each other about their letters even though they are the best of friends? I'm not too sure. Could be that they didn't want to worry anyone about a future only they supposedly know. It could lead to excessive worrying and they could be focusing less on having fun and more on how to save Kakeru. They all probably thought that they should keep things as they are and act subtlety without being too suspicious. Naho had her worries written all over her face, Suwa gave into the girl's interrogation, the other two girls were good at putting up acts and keeping secrets, and I'm not sure what Hagita was even doing for Kakeru and Naho. Now they're all on the same page and there will be 5 minds working together to save Kakeru. It wouldn't be nice though if Kakeru finds out. Could be that he might come to believe that they're deciding his future for him and he probably won't be liking that.

The ending sequence changed with them showing the gang facing each other, all smiles, and then them having their backs towards each other with sad looks. Wonder what it could be hinting towards, if it is hinting at all.

Naho's decision to not rely on the letter anymore is interesting. Now to see if not doing what the letters said will have the same effect as obeying the letters i.e will they change the outcome of different events or not.
Aug 22, 2016 5:32 AM

Jan 2015
few seconds before she's wearing a red jacket.

then a few seconds later, she's not wearing one.

lol, animation error :P. besides that, a beautiful episode. SHE WAS SO DENSE holy sh*t. HOLD HIS FREAKING HAND ALREADY.
Aug 22, 2016 5:36 AM

Feb 2014
Not as good as last week, but it was still very enjoyable. =)

It's nice to see how tightly-knit the six of them are, wanting to take part in the relay race together. Poor Hagita does get treated as the butt-monkey at times, and his slow pace and funny-looking running style only goes to cement that title on him further.

Shame that Naho twice failed to realise the intention of Kakeru holding out his hand to her, although his expression was far from an inviting and happy one. Sure, Naho is dense and shy, but Kakeru wasn't perfect with his actions in this instance either. =/

At least the whole group, minus Kakeru, have a letter each, so now they can put the awkwardness behind them and fully commit to saving Kakeru now. Nice ending sequence with the six of them too. =)
Aug 22, 2016 6:56 AM

Oct 2014
Nice reveal. Kinda obvious, but gets the plot going.

I know that the main purpose of their letters was to somehow save their friend from certain death, but it was also to encourage them to do the things they regretted not doing in the past. Like Naho and the softball match. Since everyone got their own letters from their future selves, what different things do you think were written in each of them? I'm really curious to know.

I was hoping that it would be something to bring the group closer...small things, like maybe Hagita asking Azu out. That would've been a start. Cause they admitted that their group hardly kept in contact after graduation.

Also, why OH WHY, Naho, didn't you at least hold out your hand when Kakeru offered his?? I facepalmed so hard...

Aug 22, 2016 7:35 AM

Jun 2015
The animation looked different in this episode. It looked weird in some places. I hope it gets better.
I should have expected everyone have gotten letters since Suwa got one as well, but I was still surprised.
Naho not taking a hint is getting irritating for me. She is being denser each episode.
Aug 22, 2016 10:09 AM

Jun 2016
Another wonderful episode...Great friends

EG99
Aug 22, 2016 10:21 AM

Oct 2011
Omg they all received letters from their future selves 😭😭😭😭
Aug 22, 2016 10:30 AM

Feb 2012
Naho is almost as dense as a harem MC.
Aug 22, 2016 11:17 AM
May 2016
I almost thought Hagita will gonna ask a date to Azusa, too bad it about the letter. This episode tested Naho's decision of not relying to the letter but insted through her own will and the help of her friends. Which is a good thing for her development. Looking forward for the next episode.
Aug 22, 2016 11:30 AM

Jun 2016
Nice episode, Naho was really stupid when Kakeru want to hold hand with her xD but that's a part of her lovely character lol, btw the last scene takes all my feelings ;_;
Aug 22, 2016 11:41 AM

May 2015
My gosh Naho is so clueless. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 22, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2013
ridley388 said:
Stop saying that Naho is stupid. Have you never been teenagers?

There's shy people in the world too, huh?

I am both of those things by definition. It's still apparent that she's clueless.

I wouldn't say she's stupid, though.
Aug 22, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2010
The letter scene was a bit to cliche for me specially with the putting hands together and stuff. But I guess it was ok. Also Naho even if naho didn't realize the first time she should have the following day.

Anyways after last episode I would find it very hard to believe that kakeru still commits suicide so I'm not sure about the whole "we still need to save him!" attitude. Just have fun with the guy and keep an eye for weird behavior.
Aug 22, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2015
BlackstarFallen said:
The animation looked different in this episode. It looked weird in some places. I hope it gets better.
I should have expected everyone have gotten letters since Suwa got one as well, but I was still surprised.
Naho not taking a hint is getting irritating for me. She is being denser each episode.

Animation and characters look different in episode 7 and 8 in some places, I've noticed the same. It's like worse quality in some parts lol.
Aug 22, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2015
God dang these two are freaking adorable, I love this anime. Naho's friends really added the creepiness talking in sync in the beginning, but I found it funny. The letter has finally been put away with the changes in the future, and the others revealed their letters, and I figured they had them too, was kind of just wondering when it was gonna be revealed. Now if Naho could stop BEING SO FREAKING DENSE AND GRAB THE DUDE'S HAND ALREADY we could get even further into that relationship. Glad the others could explain that to her.

All I was thinking when they all said they wanted to be in the relay was "Their so gonna lose".
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 22, 2016 3:18 PM

Jul 2013
Apart from how dense Naho is, isn't it the worst and the most stupid decision to NOT read the letter? I mean, yes, some events changed, but how can you be so sure that the guy would stop suicide? How can you be so sure that none of those events would happen again? How can be so sure that you wouldn't repeat the same mistake?

Gosh, this episode shattered my suspension of disbelief into pieces.
Aug 22, 2016 3:28 PM

Apr 2014
Again another emotional episode, aaww...

Who else thought that Hagita would confess to Azu? Damn it.

I still believed that only Suwa and Naho got letters and that it has a meaning behind, but when the others showed their letters, it made sense, too.

What I do not unterstand is that Naho confessed to Kakeru, and he did the same. Why do they not date each other? Something must go on in Kakerus' head, even though he wants to hold hands with her, because if two people love each other, they move forward, not stagnate. And I am someone that can't see people NOT acting when they know they love each other, generally speaking. It's like a love story going to waste. Did I miss a psychological point in the episode? I mean he also likes to just hang out with Naho as it is, he sorta wants the status quo and not changing the situation and go deeper. The fear that the changes of the relationship may be hurt someone of them is bigger than just be together and knew each other (date). But why? There must be something bothering Kakeru...

How can Naho not see that he wanted to hold his hands haha... In a sorta way also a WTF? moment, but she is just too shy and her inexperience with relationsships and love is very sweet.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Aug 22, 2016 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
Naho is really getting on my nerves. How dense can you be? She has to be one of the most dumbest female main characters I've seen in ages. I'm not really a big fan of Orange, it feels the like the standard romance/shoujo anime. Nothing about it really stands out but i still enjoy it for the most part. Although Naho is so annoying that it's starting to ruin it for me. I think I could handle her stupidity if she was at least an interesting character but she's not. She's so dull and boring, and when combined with how dense she is, makes her impossible to like.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

205 by patkarunungan »»
May 6, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

382 by venbals »»
May 4, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

237 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 29, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

248 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 29, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

224 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 28, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.