Forum Settings
Forums

That one generally appreciated anime that you couldn't bring yourself to like?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 30, 2016 1:05 PM

Mar 2016
Xykko said:
YaoiMaster said:
Pretty much every mainstream anime ever. Especially Madoka, that thing sucks. And Problem Children.

Yeah PMMM sucks donkey balls. the only reddeming features on taht show is the cinematography during the witch fights. those a re pretty decent and well animated.

there's also HxH 2011, but i still gave it a 7, so i don't think that should count
EDIT: there's also Boku dake machi ga Inai that butchered the source material like jason in crystal lake camp

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi was only terrible because of the ending that sucked donkey balls, in all honesty. I thought the anime was good and interesting, but the end ruined it. I've never seen HxH so I can't say a lot about it, but it doesn't seem like "all that". There are just a lot of overly praised anime. Re: Zero is not a masterpiece like many claim.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jul 30, 2016 1:11 PM
Oct 2010
Tex, Kaiba, Angel's Egg, Cowboy Bebop, Revolutionary Girl (holy fucking repeating scenes batman), Neon Genesis Evangelion, almost all the Ghibli movies, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, No game no life, Marawau Penguin show, Fate Stay Night (both ufo and deen) etc.

I guess it's easiest to explain Revolutionary Girl since I kinda half way explained that already, between the long stretches of nothing happening and the insane reuse of scenes this show literally put me to sleep.
Jul 30, 2016 1:12 PM

Mar 2016
Nichijou, just Nichijou *shivers*
Jul 30, 2016 1:14 PM

Apr 2016
kamisama751 said:
Simpleman754 said:
The pacing is an issue, I won't deny that and the characters, even the red-haired tsundere (Makise Kurisu, remember my waifu's name please +_+) is meh. And yes, everyone else is shit.... The comedy stuff is extremely subjective so I won't argue against that either. But still not a 4... :/

Why not? Characters suck. Pacing ruined most things. Date sim logic of solving problems. Just be happy that I haven't gave this dog food a lower score.
Fine. ;-; Drop GTO btw, Not worth the time IMO.
Jul 30, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
Shoegum said:
I haven't watched past the first episode, but it would have to be Revolutionary Girl Utena for me. I thought the first episode didn't have a good idea of its tone, the art looked ugly and none of the characters were entertaining or likeable. I couldn't care less what Utena would do next, especially as she seems to be a relatively bland Mary Sue... The feminist message was obvious and overdone, too.

All this would be some really interesting criticism if you actually had seen more than 1/39 of the show...
Jul 30, 2016 1:18 PM

Dec 2015
kamisama751 said:

To describe it short:
It has got two genre swaps from sci fi to comedy (in which I don't find funny at all) and from comedy to sci fi, which messed up the pacing.
The characters besides the protagonist and the red hair tsundere are really empty. They exist there just for the sake for example of tuturu. There is nothing about them besides that and also stays undeveloped

I feel like you are failing to appreciate tuturu on the myriad of levels in which in works. Tuturu is not just a catchphrase spouted by some cliche airhead. Tuturu is a deep analogy for mankind's...for mankind's inevitable spiral into an inky impersonal void of his own creation.
But I guess you missed that bit of subtext.
Jul 30, 2016 1:20 PM
Aug 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I seriously see nothing outstanding about it, and the out-of-place lighthearted comedy just ruins the serious stuff for me. It's just... average.

Code Geass - it's. fucking. bad.
Jul 30, 2016 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
I wouldn't say "that one" since there are several. From the top 100 it would be Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop (couldn't even last one episode), Gurren Lagann, One Piece (obvious reasons), and Cross Game. From the top 100 most popular they would be Cod Geass (again), Angel Beats! (found it mediocre, although this is fairly common), Another (heard it being called either best horror anime or best comedy anime, for me it failed for both), Bakemonogatari (too slow), Ouran (boring, one of the weakest shoujo anime I've seen), Hyouka (too slow, should have focused on the romance), OreGairu (too haremy, couldn't get into it), and Lucky Star (watched it too early and didn't get the references).
Jul 30, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2016
kamisama751 said:
Simpleman754 said:
Fine. ;-; Drop GTO btw, Not worth the time IMO.

I'd decide that myself. Who knows, maybe I like it. ;)
No no no no, You might end up hating it. DROP IT! :D ok no, JK.
Jul 30, 2016 1:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
didn't understand all the hype behind Angel Beats, but then again i watched it when it aired and had a bit of a different mindset then
Jul 30, 2016 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Bakemonogatari

My expectations were definitely high at the point when I decided to watch it years ago. Kind of hard not to be with as much praise as the series receives but I know better than to build expectations nowadays. Actually, this was the series that taught me not to do that. Maybe it was the themes, maybe it was the characters (probably a bit of both) but I just couldn't really get into the show. It's alright but not anything that people made it out to be, in my opinion. It definitely makes watching the rest of the franchise hard, but that's to be expected really when you are not fond of the original.
ChandelaJul 30, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 30, 2016 2:08 PM
Feb 2016
Clebardman said:
Shoegum said:
I haven't watched past the first episode, but it would have to be Revolutionary Girl Utena for me. I thought the first episode didn't have a good idea of its tone, the art looked ugly and none of the characters were entertaining or likeable. I couldn't care less what Utena would do next, especially as she seems to be a relatively bland Mary Sue... The feminist message was obvious and overdone, too.

All this would be some really interesting criticism if you actually had seen more than 1/39 of the show...

Why would I want to watch more, though? :/ If I didn't like the first episode, it's unlikely that I'll find the rest of the series enjoyable. It might get better, sure, but I can tell that the series probably won't appeal to me...

Besides, the only reason I talked about Revolutionary Girl in this topic was because I've only ever heard good things about it. In the eyes of the consensus, I'm the one that's in the wrong - so you can take my opinion/criticism with a grain of salt.
Jul 30, 2016 2:55 PM

Sep 2015
No Game no Life, I honestly don't fully get why people love it so much. All I can say is it has nice character design and visuals
Jul 30, 2016 3:02 PM

Jul 2010
Bakemonogatari, probably because I am an idiot. I don't even understand what the hell was that text appearing between scenes.

Ping pong, I also didn't like other shows from the director. Yojouhan was good enough.
Jul 30, 2016 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
There are a lot of anime like that for me, but I'll just list some of them

Code Geass - idk, maybe cause I'm not that much into mecha or Lelouch doesn't appeal to me at all but it was kind of boring overall. Only a few surprises here and there made it watchable
AnoHana - everything was boring, I felt no sympathy for any of the characters throughout the entire show
No Game No Life - what do people find interesting about having OP af characters as MCs? I don't know
Sword Art Online - disappointing
Zankyou No Terror - boring

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jul 30, 2016 3:23 PM
Sep 2015
mistale said:
S1rZ3ck said:
emm One piece?,well i dont like any anime that have too many episode,to be exactly the one which doesn't have ending!

But it does become a big plus if you actually like the series.

Well you do have a point there,it did happen to me sometime,i hoped these anime never end, then i realize it's a bad idea if they just simply make it like that,let say for e.g Naruto too much filler,Bleach is this dejavu??,One piece did you mean infinite pieces ? or nisekoi (manga) you know what i mean right?
Jul 30, 2016 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
D.Gray-Man. I really tried to like it, but halfway through the show it became so painful to watch. It became so boring...
Jul 30, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2016
One Punch Man and Code Geass but I guess those are controversial. Akira is one, the story might have a lot of symbolism but the result is just good visuals. Overlord is not acclaimed but I really don't see anything good about it, even though I saw good feedback about it during the time it was airing.
Jul 30, 2016 4:12 PM

May 2015
I was really hoping that Akame ga Kill was just gonna be a fun little action shounen but from the very first episode, I already I hated it

I also couldnt get how Hotarubi no Mori e got into the top 50
it was a sweet little story, but that was all I got from it; still a strong 6 tho

TheHolyKiwi said:
tragedydesu said:
there is a lot of anime considered masterpiece but i cant bring myself to like them
some of them : Monster like you said it was boring too slow and i lost interest after 12ep
monogatari serie : couldnt stand the art style and that pedo mc
Mushishi : boring

Also going off this, I find all 3 you stated masterpieces. Well opinions are opinions.
well you shouldnt expect anymore from him, hes a wellknown moron casual
MalarkeyJul 30, 2016 4:19 PM
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jul 30, 2016 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- I liked the anime but absolutely hated the
ending. Still a solid 7/10, which is pretty damn good.

One Punch Man
- Another solid anime in all technical aspects, but I found the humor completely dry. And when a parody doesn't make you laugh (or at least smile) once, it's a very bad sign...

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Way too over the top for me. In every way, even the fanservice.
I understand that it's the whole point of the show, but it just didn't do it for me.

One Piece / Naruto / Bleach
- Generic. Predictable. Boring.
Naruto had some cool OPs and EDs, but that's about all the praise I can give it.

Shingeki no Kyojin
- Very technically impressive anime. Absolutely loved the art and, especially, the sound. The soundtrack is epic.
Sadly, it starts out strong then completely fizzles out. Relies too much on shock value to carry its weight, but the plot and characters need some desperate improvement in Season 2.

JoJo
- I'm simply not fabulous enough to appreciate its greatness.

And that's about it, from the Top 100.
Jul 30, 2016 4:18 PM
Feb 2015
Black butler... dont like it at ALL

:/

Oh yeah and one punch man
Jul 30, 2016 4:24 PM

Jan 2014
Gintama
Anything Fate/stay related
NGNL

Ah yes and last but not least re:Zero the most overrated anime of all time currently ranked #29 on MAL top anime's list. lmao ridiculous.
Jul 30, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2016
One Punch Man

No Game No Life

Tokyo Ghoul
Jul 30, 2016 5:07 PM

Jun 2016
Evangelion, I don't know if it was just 2deep4me or what but I liked none of the characters, and the philosophical stuff bored me.
Jul 30, 2016 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
For some reason, I found Cowboy Bebop to be boring even though it had the same creator as Samurai Champloo which I rated a 10.

D.Gray-man...

Lets see. Incredibly high rating and not a single negative review on its page but damn most of its episodes were so dull and boring. While it did start getting interesting after 50 or so episodes, I still can't forgive it for a horrible experience.
Jul 30, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2015
resniperowl said:
TTGL. I just have trouble listening to Kamina. Everyone that I've talked to about this show tells me that it gets better in the second half, but I'm never getting to that point if I can't stand someone in the first half.

Don't worry that guy

Jul 30, 2016 5:57 PM

Sep 2011
This thread is basically this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1504768&show=0

Thread Locked for duplicate
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
3 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

60 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

67 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
6 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
8 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.