Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2016 5:35 AM

May 2015
Have you guys watched the TV series? It seems that it just got a manga adaptation. I wanna know if the story is interesting(I know it's only 3 or 4 episodes).

I'd like to watch all the current episodes myself but honestly it kinda creeped me out(I mean the doll's face):

Jul 26, 2016 6:32 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I've been watching and liking it a lot. But so far it is Wuxia mixed with JRPG tropes so it isn't treading any new ground, other then maybe the combination of the two (though one could argue a lot of JRPG tropes come from The Journey West anyway). It is well written though and Gen Urobuchi is writing it. So, I am guessing there will be some big twist in it, that will be interesting.
Jul 26, 2016 6:34 AM

Apr 2014
Thunderbolt Fantasy is actually the only show I'm watching this season, I tried others, but dropped them due to low interest. But I'm keeping with this one.

Wich is very strange, because normaly it really shouldn't be my cup of tea: shounen super power/taste-my-special-attack battles; scenario that can hold in one sentence (nice guys team working for defeating bad guy overlord working on controling the world) ; cliché and trops everywhere... you get the thing.

But it work. And I'm seriously enjoying the watch so far, and that's because of the odd style that I was completely not familiar with before. The puppet choregrahy, especially in the fights, is very well done and make it really entertaining to watch. Might feel weird at first, but after a little adaptation time you can fully appreciate it. I encourage you to try it.

Aside from the fact that it's not animated, everything in it is yelling "Anime". Too bad it will never be on the database here.
DullboyJul 26, 2016 6:40 AM
Jul 27, 2016 3:54 AM

May 2015
I see. I'll keep an eye on the manga then. Thanks guys!

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1096 by inori_chi »»
11 hours ago

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Feb 7

62 by annajimnenez »»
Yesterday, 12:13 AM

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5945 by AverageRiceFan »»
Jun 9, 2:59 PM

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

178 by barbiesata »»
Jun 9, 10:31 AM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

35 by Kruszer »»
Jun 9, 12:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.