Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2016 2:08 PM

Oct 2014
Is there any anime with a MC similar to this one's?
Jul 22, 2016 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
I guess not so,cause this MC is unique one.
Jul 22, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2008
I remember watching one but i really cant remember the name. If I remember i will update you, but in a meanwhile you should check out Rokka no Yuusha, it is kinda similar.

Ah I remembered. It was Aldnoah Zero because MC is also very smart and tactical, but not interesting as Ikta.
DeadhouseJul 22, 2016 3:12 PM
Jul 22, 2016 3:21 PM

Oct 2014
Deadhouse said:
I remember watching one but i really cant remember the name. If I remember i will update you, but in a meanwhile you should check out Rokka no Yuusha, it is kinda similar.

Ah I remembered. It was Aldnoah Zero because MC is also very smart and tactical, but not interesting as Ikta.

Already watched those two.
Currently killing time watching zegapain.
Jul 22, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2007
Legend of Galactic Heroes. The MC in Alderamin seems to be pretty much written as a homage to Yang Wen-Li.

Kingdom and Utawarerumono have similarities in MCs to a degree. Log Horizon too.
Ghost In Shell Stand Alone Complex MCs verge on that, albeit being more fallible and down to earth.
AhenshihaelJul 22, 2016 3:53 PM
Jul 22, 2016 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Oh I remember,No Game No Life MC is very much similar to this MC!
Jul 22, 2016 4:57 PM

Jul 2010
Fai said:
Legend of Galactic Heroes. The MC in Alderamin seems to be pretty much written as a homage to Yang Wen-Li.

Kingdom and Utawarerumono have similarities in MCs to a degree. Log Horizon too.
Ghost In Shell Stand Alone Complex MCs verge on that, albeit being more fallible and down to earth.

Don't agree with this statement at all, what makes you say that? just because they are smart and have strategic minds? otherwise their personality are very far apart since Yang is not an asshole or like to tease.
Jul 22, 2016 5:03 PM

Jul 2015
Tenth said:
Fai said:

Don't agree with this statement at all, what makes you say that? just because they are smart and have strategic minds? otherwise their personality are very far apart since Yang is not an asshole or like to tease.
Because he's Lazy and knows his History also
Sup...
Jul 22, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2010
SenpaiJay98 said:
Tenth said:

Because he's Lazy and knows his History also

Still doubt OP or other people would find what they are looking for in Yang honestly. Just some similarities but not the main similarities they probably want.
Jul 22, 2016 5:11 PM

Jan 2016
I believe that Sora, the MC from No Game No Life is extremely similar (E.g. Sora also appears lazy but is actually extremely intelligent just like Ikta - this is only one of similarities between characters/anime)) and also Izayoi from "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu Yo" (theme of anime is similar to NGNL) is 'slightly' similar. You might or might not have watched one of them. Both anime are quite underrated in my opinion.
ForeverAnime1412Jul 22, 2016 5:46 PM
Jul 22, 2016 5:25 PM
Mar 2015
let me add this question as well lol
Manga with similar MC ?
Jul 22, 2016 5:42 PM

Dec 2015
The Irregular at the Magic High School has a similar MC
Jul 22, 2016 8:04 PM
Mar 2016
Nirvana in Fire
http://mydramalist.com/9025-nirvana-in-fire
So far story seems similar

Master mind
Mei Chang Su / Lin Shu 1000X better
one guy but two name

Sacrifices he had to make to get things done. (Speechless)
Happy watching
Jul 22, 2016 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
The first anime that came to my mind was Madan Or to Vanadis.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/24455/Madan_no_Ou_to_Vanadis
yanponkaJul 22, 2016 9:22 PM
Jul 22, 2016 9:26 PM

Jul 2007
Tenth said:
Fai said:

- Master tactician military genius.
- Undefeated General with a nickname
- Dislikes military, wanted a peaceful civilian job but due to circumstances ended up leading armies.
- History nerd.
- Lazy as fuck
- Eccentric as fuck.
- Does stuff that goes against protocol or etiquette. I mean, Yang's speeches are legendary.

The only difference is that Ikta seems to be far more interested in getting into womens pants.

yanponka said:
The first anime that came to my mind was Madan Or to Vanadis.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/24455/Madan_no_Ou_to_Vanadis

No.

I would agree if it was the LN, but the anime was pure undilluted ecchi trash with the MC's capabilities being nothing more than a passing by mention alongside all the pointless boobs. When a show intentionally skips 95% of tactics in order to have a full on hot springs episode you know its a stinker. As far as the anime goes the only tactics MC displays is his capability to accidentally stumble upon naked girls.

SimplyKairi said:
The Irregular at the Magic High School has a similar MC

How exactly considering Jesus-kun and Ikta are completely and utterly different?
AhenshihaelJul 22, 2016 9:38 PM
Jul 23, 2016 2:36 AM
Jan 2009
Fai said:
Tenth said:

- Master tactician military genius.
- Undefeated General with a nickname
- Dislikes military, wanted a peaceful civilian job but due to circumstances ended up leading armies.
- History nerd.
- Lazy as fuck
- Eccentric as fuck.
- Does stuff that goes against protocol or etiquette. I mean, Yang's speeches are legendary.

The only difference is that Ikta seems to be far more interested in getting into womens pants.

Also
- Both lacking in the athletic department (a logical consequence of being lazy, but with current LN tropes is not so common)
- They both have an unbecoming vice and they both defend it with passion when accused (for Ikta are the older women, for Yang is "man best friend")
- When acting as generals they are the characters that remember their superiors/the readers that you can obtain a strategical victory from a tactical loss (think when the republic try to invade the Empire spreading their logistic too thin in LOTGH). Ikta will even go beyond here, realizing you can bring this reasoning to its logical extreme.
Jul 23, 2016 2:39 AM
Nov 2015
Deadhouse said:

+1 Both of Adlet and Ikta are cleaver.
Jul 23, 2016 3:56 AM

Jun 2012
mael9740 said:

Watch Legend of the Legendary Heroes. He's more lazy than smart compared to Ikta, but on the upside he goes berserk when he snaps. And if you actually watch it, watch it uncensored.
Jul 23, 2016 4:12 AM
Jun 2015
Kono Subarashii - in terms of twisted personality and cunningness
Gosick - the girl has great brain with great laziness
Code Geass - with their strategy and physical weakness, but different purpose of life
Oregairu - it's not an action one but daily school life, still likewise similiar MC.

This is the ones popped in my mind in terms of MC similiarities.
Jul 23, 2016 9:28 AM

Oct 2014
Most anime here are already seen.

(I'm seriously asking myself if the seen anime list have a purpose if nobody look at it before answering).

But thanks for answers anyways.
planetarianVoIdJul 23, 2016 11:03 AM
Jul 23, 2016 11:52 AM

Nov 2009
The MC of Liar Game (manga and drama, there is no anime, unfortunately), Akiyama, is somewhat similar in that that he's always calm and a tactical genius who can turn the tables to his advantage in any situation.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 23, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
I see. Legend of Galactic Heroes (Yan Wenli) has been mentioned. His laid-back and lazy personality is nice (while still being able to be the best strategist/tactician) is being nice. Characterwise it can be compared. Yes. But from the overall anime ... probably not. (Sci-Fi and it has a good strategist on the enemy side which this anime has not.)

Rokka no Yuusha ... no I don't think so.

I liked GATE and Madan no Ou. Don't know if you can compare them.

The one that first came to my mind (another one with "Yuusha" in title):
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8086/Densetsu_no_Yuusha_no_Densetsu

I have the main char Ryner Lute in my favorites and the anime in my favorits. It got politics and battles (similar to this but maybe more politics less there and here we have more focus on tactics/battles). Ryner Lute was more "powerful" type and not that much interested in woman vs Ikta who seems to like woman and bing less powerful physically (but instead mentally).

Still both are op and laid-back/lazy personality. Ryner Lute often liked to take afternoon naps. And he often used "mendokusai" when stuff annoyed him and he couldn't take a nap. Ikta also seems to like to take naps (that is where I immediately thouight of Ryner).

Edit: I see you have already seen Densetsu Yuusha. And you complained about people recommending stuff you have already seen. But it still is good to post those anime here. Other people also might take a look at this thread looking for similar anime with similar MC. So it might help them. (Not all of them might have seen all the anime posted here.)
Jul 23, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
Luthandorius said:

this one is the most similar imo
bruh
Jul 23, 2016 1:19 PM
Sep 2009
Luthandorius said:
I see. Legend of Galactic Heroes (Yan Wenli) has been mentioned. His laid-back and lazy personality is nice (while still being able to be the best strategist/tactician) is being nice. Characterwise it can be compared. Yes. But from the overall anime ... probably not. (Sci-Fi and it has a good strategist on the enemy side which this anime has not.)

Rokka no Yuusha ... no I don't think so.

I liked GATE and Madan no Ou. Don't know if you can compare them.

I have the main char Ryner Lute in my favorites and the anime in my favorits. It got politics and battles (similar to this but maybe more politics less there and here we have more focus on tactics/battles). Ryner Lute was more "powerful" type and not that much interested in woman vs Ikta who seems to like woman and bing less powerful physically (but instead mentally).

Still both are op and laid-back/lazy personality. Ryner Lute often liked to take afternoon naps. And he often used "mendokusai" when stuff annoyed him and he couldn't take a nap. Ikta also seems to like to take naps (that is where I immediately thouight of Ryner).

Edit: I see you have already seen Densetsu Yuusha. And you complained about people recommending stuff you have already seen. But it still is good to post those anime here. Other people also might take a look at this thread looking for similar anime with similar MC. So it might help them. (Not all of them might have seen all the anime posted here.)

Denyuden is also my favourite. Now you mentioned it, Ryner and Ikta are extremely similar in geniuses, personality and both had some kind of tragic experience. Meanwhile Igsem felt like Ferris a great fighter who stands by the MC's side at all time and Chamille felt like Sion, someone who acknowledges MC's ability but have to deal with politics.
Jul 23, 2016 5:23 PM
Jan 2009
Luthandorius said:
Characterwise it can be compared. Yes. But from the overall anime ... probably not. (Sci-Fi and it has a good strategist on the enemy side which this anime has not.)

On what basis do you think the "enemy side" has no good strategist?
I would say that you are making at least two wrong assumption.

The first I'm not going to talk about until the end of next episode.
About the other (spoiler is just a character presentation, no plot):

As a side note this series has a reasonable cast of competent officiers, but they are introduced slowly, a few at a time, every main arc of the novels.
And after a while some of the main characters are going to grow into one.

Volume 2 however is still "Ikta owns", so you are going to have the impression that he is unmatched until 2/3 of the present season.
Jul 24, 2016 1:34 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah I meant from the way the series/story has been told so far. LoGH showed both sides and their backgrounds and a lot of screentime for both sides. At least from the first 3 episodes for this anime it felt like they were going to introduce some strong enemies later but not focusing on them and their backgrounds that much and only showing stuff they do on the battlefield when fighting against the main.

Looking forward to that guy you mentioned. I don't like his char design. But yeah ... there surely will also be others he fights after him or before him.
Jul 24, 2016 11:56 AM
Jan 2009
Luthandorius said:
Looking forward to that guy you mentioned. I don't like his char design.

It's the original character design from the first character designer.
Like most of the cast he got better in the later novels when a more competent character designer was hired.

There is also a probably better color image for him, but it's spoilerrific so bear with this.
Jul 27, 2016 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Okay this will be correct answer to your question for sure,

Irresponsible Captain Taylor MC closely resemble of this anime"s MC!!

Having fun watching that anime while this anime takes breaks
Jul 29, 2016 12:32 AM

Apr 2010
RKarim69f117 said:
Okay this will be correct answer to your question for sure,

Irresponsible Captain Taylor MC closely resemble of this anime"s MC!!

Having fun watching that anime while this anime takes breaks

Just because Tylor is lazy, doesn't make them similar. The show itself is a comedy with the usual high jinks and dumb luck, no actual strategy or tactics involved.
Jul 29, 2016 4:45 AM

Sep 2014
having lazy gauys with OP tactics is nothing unusual, but that the MC not just manages to talk to women but also is a milfhunter is unique.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 6, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2012
Snaita said:
mael9740 said:

Watch Legend of the Legendary Heroes. He's more lazy than smart compared to Ikta, but on the upside he goes berserk when he snaps. And if you actually watch it, watch it uncensored.

I was going to suggest the same! Good ole Ryner
Aug 12, 2016 12:43 PM

Feb 2008
Didnt see http://myanimelist.net/anime/5507/Senjou_no_Valkyria?q=valk mentioned here.

Its basically almost the same mc general idea and similiar setup in story
Aug 12, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
Ryner Lute is incredibly close to Ikta in terms of personality. DenYuDen's setting is actually a bit similar to this one just that more magic involved.
Sep 3, 2016 8:41 PM

Jul 2009
^I agree with the above. Densetsu no Yuusha Densetsu had a similar MC (smart, lazy guy)
Sep 4, 2016 5:54 AM

Jul 2009
I'm shocked that only one person has identified Senjou no Valkyria. That anime is the only one that I have seen similar to this one. Real shame that there is not more. I do agree that Legend of Galactic Heroes and Kingdom have some moments of tactical and strategic genius though. MC wise, I'd say Senjou no Valkyria is closest. I did enjoy the intelligence (I think it was) of Irresponsible Captain Tylor, to much to his followers dismay :D.
WavieDavieSep 4, 2016 3:26 PM
Sep 25, 2016 4:31 PM
May 2014
Definitely Overlord.

More topics from this board

» YATORI

Bijou146 - Aug 31, 2023

13 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 22, 9:24 PM

» Aren't the spirits completely unnecessary?

Yeetyus - Feb 9

5 by Zefyris »»
Mar 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

70 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

136 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 AM

» Why is the princess obsessed with Ilkta?

Aithusa21 - Jul 30, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
May 18, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.