Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 25, 2011 3:42 AM

Jul 2010
OMG Luffy was so EPIC when the activated Gear Second and attacked that poison man! _O_
Jul 30, 2011 7:35 AM

May 2010
Oh gosh.. I have a bad feeling about this.. Magellan is a totally different level opponent.. :-/ It was great how Bon Clay was trying to save or prevent anything bad happening to Luffy.. I mean.. its poison right.. that’s just crazy! Haha I wonder how’ll Luffy get outta this one.
Aug 6, 2011 3:41 PM

Aug 2010
Bon Clay is such a bro
Feb 4, 2012 2:22 PM

Jan 2012
oh god luffy is amazing.
Nov 23, 2012 9:00 AM

Mar 2010
Luffy's gone berserk and reckless..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 7, 2013 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
Omg bon-chan was just too cute. True homeboy right there.
Aug 23, 2013 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
is it just me or has the animation been lacking a bit.
nonetheless, that punch was super cool but i hope luffy's hand doesn't fall off :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2014 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
Homolust said:
Bon Clay is such a bro

^
Luffy always becomes reckless when he is protecting someone he loves :(
I can't wait for the moment ACEEEEEEEEE meets with Luffy...
Oct 4, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2014
At least Bon Clay was rational about the situation.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 15, 2014 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
I can't wait for the moment ACEEEEEEEEE meets with Luffy...

Me 2!

Jun 14, 2015 12:46 AM

Jun 2015
DAMN!!!! that determination
Apr 2, 2016 4:58 PM

May 2013
LOL Bon-chan's version of Luffy's fighting moves xDDD
it's okay, bb! You can run; you did your best TT_____TT

Poor Luffy :'( I hope his arms get better somehow. If only Chopper were there D;>
Jun 27, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2012
vizhmaster_vizhu said:
Finally, stuff is getting interesting. I don't get how sacrificing his hands will help though. Logia type users are immune to physical attacks. The only way he could fight him would be to use haki.

However, I'm guessing Mr. 1 will have something to do with it though. Like maybe he's immune to poison because he's made of steel.

Magellan is not a Logia user. His Doku Doku no Mi is Paramecia-class. He's never melted out of his normal human shape. Just coats himself in sludge.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 12:39 AM

Mar 2015
Wow Magellan's no pushover that's for sure
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 2, 2016 2:26 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Luffys screaming was ... omg >.<

Mar 8, 2019 4:14 PM

Jun 2016
Well, I was hoping Luffy had a better idea than to just hit Magellan super hard but I guess there's no easy option here. Luffy tried his hardest to avoid him when he saw the consequences of doing so but it only made the final jet bazooka that much more powerful. Rather than lose here and not save Ace he'd rather give up his arms. Oh my gosh. I can't imagine a single jet bazooka took out the man who guards the strongest prisoners in Impel Down but it did give me an idea. Bon Clay couldn't live with himself if he he left Luffy to die and we constantly have seen the poison take lives or threaten to before antidotes came into play. What if Luffy embraces that chilling and lethal pain and goes toe to toe beating the hell out of Magellan and our friend Bon Clay comes back with antidotes. He ran off thinking he couldn't be of help crying but if he comes across the guys administering anidotes he may have a card he can play to help. Or he could free Mr.1 and fight poison with steel like my first theory, there has to be a reason we keep seeing him!

I had never thought of a fight like this, where the only way to win is to embrace the immense pain of a venom-venom man by punching him even harder than he's hurting you. And you know what, that's a freaking Luffy strategy if I've ever heard of one. I now totally understand why it hyped up Magellan's poison so much, so that we could truly understand the lethal pain Luffy felt. Lol, as if his pained scream wasn't enough. I found what we saw of the fight pretty powerful actually. Bon Clay nearly killed himself to stop Luffy from punching Magellan and Luffy saw how he melted everything. Even the dense Luffy couldn't ignore that. But when he'd been exhausted, burned, and sickened by the gas to the point he couldn't see properly anymore he had to come to the conclusion, if this keeps up he will die and Ace will die. That scene before he looked up at the melted rock sold that to me and it made sense why he would come to the conclusion he did after it. To punch the living hell out of Magellan and give up his arms. Just like Shanks once said after saying Luffy, it's just an arm. Saving his brother is much more valuable than two. Wowie. He'd make Shanks proud!

It actually reminded me of something I recently read in "Strongest Man Kurosawa", where
Moments like that or the ending of this episode are just wonderful to me.

In other news we had Mr. 3 and Buggy absolutely not trust Hannyabal, because, why would they? The amount of self interested, somewhat stupid assholes here is hilarious. Mr. 3 and Buggy and now Hannyabal who would let prisoners free to get him a better position. An authority figure like Hannyabal reminds me of Spandam without the absolute evil in his heart. Just a childish jerk in it for his own gain.

Lastly, Magellan's powers are awesome. The horns being weapons that pierce and poison while exposing his floppy ears underneath, creating a venom Hydra, and even using that hydra as a tube to travel in. It's a fascinating and cool power. Further, I like the duality of a goofy man who struggles with bathroom problems and the amount he cares about being the warden. He may come off as a joke but this is the thing he chooses to fight for, not unlike how Luffy can be an aloof kid until the moments he needs to fight for something come up, such as saving Ace.

I am so excited for next episode!
Aug 21, 2020 11:41 AM

May 2020
"I'm hot, I'm mad and I'm hungry, Get the Hell out of my way!"

Don't get in the way of Luffy when it comes to food!

Also he can't rat out Boa Hancock :( I'm surprised they never interrogated her to begin with!

Bon Clay is the definition of a true friend. Luffy and Bon were enemies turned allies. He used himself as a diversion earlier to help Luffy escape from Alabasta alive which resulted in him getting caught and thrown into Impel Down. He has no reason to put his life on the line anymore for Luffy, yet he remains by his side. It wasn't an unreasonable reaction for him to run. Magellan is just extremely powerful and isn't really much of a match for Bon since his clothes are a dead giveaway behind his disguise.

I can't wait to see Luffy go all out with Magellan when he uses his gear levels. But I don't see how he can survive this.
Aug 23, 2020 11:13 AM

May 2016
Bon Clay's impersonation of Luffy was so hilarious and unusually cute~ Aside from that, there weren't much light-hearted moments in this episode, unfortunately. I can't blame Bon Clay for deciding to run away since no one in the team can actually land a hit on Magellan without incurring severe damage as seen from the state of Luffy's hands after he used a Jet Bazooka on him...

Buggy and Mr. 3 made one of the biggest mistakes of their lives by not going with Hannyabal's lenient proposal but I can see why they didn't trust him lmao

Sep 23, 2020 3:03 AM

Dec 2007
damn, no matter how much times luffy were in near-death situation, it never gets old.

seems like sacrifice himself is truly luffy's only option, really wonder how he will cure himself.

mr.3 and buggy did as excepted xD
May 12, 2021 12:37 AM

Apr 2021
omg luffy at the end was *chef's kiss* jet bazookaaaaa
! bonclay thooo T^T he s the best i swear
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
May 28, 2021 5:55 AM

Jun 2019
Bon-chan... don't get discouraged.
Jun 9, 2022 9:07 AM

Oct 2020
Can't wait to see Luffy finally defeat the warden !
things are getting interesting
Oct 15, 2022 4:29 PM
Oct 2022
quero que o lufy consiga matar o venenosuuu
Nov 12, 2022 8:58 AM
Oct 2020
pirates on a boat.
Feb 6, 2023 8:49 AM
Feb 2022
Bon Clay es un verdadero nakama. De verdad se siente impotente al no poder ayudar a Luffy. Hanybal es tremendo personaje cómico, y Buggy junto a Mr 3 no aceptaron su oferta de irse porque pensaron que era broma.
Jun 12, 2023 8:05 AM
Oct 2019
How to fight an enemy that you can't touch.
Damn.

That Jet Bazooka was so EPIC!!
Jan 27, 11:27 AM

Oct 2019
OKAY NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
Apr 30, 12:29 AM

Dec 2022
Magellan has SICK moves
Bon's agony illustrated thoroughly!
Hannyabal's promotion.... foiled!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 527 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ElectricSlime - Dec 10, 2011

88 by kejora »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 93 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

49 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1098 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 23

43 by Gator »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1097 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 16

44 by Gator »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 404 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SlaughterChichi - Jun 7, 2009

128 by bakakisima »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.