Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 18, 2016 12:01 PM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
Dab1za9 said:

Maybe he think they can reuse frames and Storyboards with different characters from different shows lol

You can replicate the same storyboards and animation sequences from other shows far more easier than creating new ones from scratch. UFOUBW did it a lot for example and some people tried to pass it off as "foreshadowing". Its actually quite common low effort practice even beyond ufo. It saves time. The difference is that ufo does it with their own projects. God Eater, Zestria, UBW, Zero share very similar shots and some very similar parts of fight sequences(the most recognizable example being the whole jump into the air while rotating thing that is done both in ufoubw and in this episode in exact same fashion). Its cheaper.

Can't find the most obvious example because tumblr is overcome with pointless shipping posts instead of fight gifs but:
Almost completely identical.
[/spoiler]

No you can't that is not how animation work, you are gonna draw from scratch since a totally different characters are fighting, The cowboy scene was animated by Nakamura and he has influenced lots of animator so actually trying to draw something like his style isn't to save time there is even this scene from Garo by Shikama
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/13624/animated-background_animation-debris-effects-fight

looks very similar to Nakamura's Sword of the Stranger fight and that doesn't mean he did it to save time since both show are completely unrelated.

And now for this episode you realize the scenes you linked are story-boarded by Miura and animated by Kunihiro ? obviously they will have a similar style, there is a reason people can guess who did the a certain scenes by just looking at it.
Jul 18, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
Dab1za9 said:

And now for this episode you realize the scenes you linked are story-boarded by Miura and animated by Kunihiro ? obviously they will have a similar style, there is a reason people can guess who did the a certain scenes by just looking at it.

Same feel of the animator =/= Identical scenes

Nakamura's scenes all feel similar but are very different.One would have to be out of his mind to claim that Yutaka Nakamura's scenes are as identical to each other as the examples I posted above.

This is literally copying to save budget and production costs which fits Ufotable's "factory approach" towards adaptations.

I am not surprised if it is Miura. That hack has never had an original thought. Copy pasting shit form your previous works is right in line with his soulless approach. The fact that he is involved only proves my point about budget saving and templates. Masayuki Kunihiro is also proof of that. If you want lots of bright nonsensical flashes at your screen while not having to storyboard actual fight sequences, he is your man. Pew pew BOOOM badumts PEW. All the easily impressed people can then clap and say the usual "ufotable budget" memes, because their sensory receptors were stimulated by the flashes creating illusion of exciting stuff happening, when in reality it was just two characters skateboarding from one screen side to other.
AhenshihaelJul 18, 2016 12:47 PM
Jul 18, 2016 12:35 PM

Nov 2009
Fai said:
Dab1za9 said:

Maybe he think they can reuse frames and Storyboards with different characters from different shows lol

You can replicate the same storyboards and animation sequences from other shows far more easier than creating new ones from scratch. UFOUBW did it a lot for example and some people tried to pass it off as "foreshadowing". Its actually quite common low effort practice even beyond ufo. It saves time. The difference is that ufo does it with their own projects. God Eater, Zestria, UBW, Zero share very similar shots and some very similar parts of fight sequences(the most recognizable example being the whole jump into the air while rotating thing that is done both in ufoubw and in this episode in exact same fashion). Its cheaper.

Can't find the most obvious example because tumblr is overcome with pointless shipping posts instead of fight gifs but:
Someone should just make a bunch of gifs of all the fighting in every episode's discussion. It would save some of us a whole 19 minutes every week. I still long for the day where this studio produces something that isn't insultingly dull or generic, guess that's not going to happen anytime soon, especially considering the source material.
Jul 18, 2016 12:46 PM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
Dab1za9 said:

Same feel of the animator =/= Identical scenes

Nakamura's scenes all feel similar but are very different.One would have to be out of his mind to claim that Yutaka Nakamura's scenes are as identical to each other as the examples I posted above.

This is literally copying to save budget and production costs which fits Ufotable's "factory approach" towards adaptations.

I am not surprised if it is Miura. That hack has never had an original thought. Copy pasting shit form your previous works is right in line with his soulless approach. The fact that he is involved only proves my point about budget saving and templates. Masayuki Kunihiro is also proof of that. If you want lots of bright nonsensical flashes at your screen while not having to storyboard actual fight sequences, he is your man. Pew pew BOOOM badumts PEW

It is impossible to copy a scene with a different character even if the moves are identical.You don't know anything about animation and i am not wasting my time
Jul 18, 2016 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
If you look hard enough at any animation company you can see some reused animations this is not a Ufotable thing is an industry thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUVT1dAJfA8
Fayt89Jul 18, 2016 12:55 PM
Jul 18, 2016 12:57 PM

Jul 2016
Mason lives. Third Time's the charm!

This anime is an adventure one (since it's from a JRPG). If you think it's going slowly, then you are correct. A lot of JRPGs start out really slow, as they need to build the world and make you care about those characters. Tales games are all about characters and I would assume that this Anime is going to focus a lot on them (even more so on Alisha).

The game had its issues but this Anime is fixing a lot of them.

I'm rarely critical of graphics since I grew up with Sega Genesis and other "weak graphic" consoles. I have, I suppose, a high tolerance for bad graphics. I have a hard time understanding all this talk about bad CGI. Yeah, it's not Hollywood CG, but for an Anime, it is exceptional.

My Gosh, we currently have Berserk (I still like Anime itself). We had Chaos Dragon. We have a lot of actual terrible CG usage.

It will improve with time. Let them practice their CG.

Jul 18, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2007
Dab1za9 said:

It is impossible to copy a scene with a different character even if the moves are identical.You don't know anything about animation and i am not wasting my time

Its extremely easy to replicate the same storyboard with different characters. EXTREMELY. That's what copying a scene means. You do not bother directing or creating something from scratch. You just replicate what you already did down to a t.

I know more about animation than a huge part of MAL enamored with fights like this one.
Jul 18, 2016 1:22 PM

Dec 2012
As expected of Ufotable. Art and animation is great. Feels like I'm in the game itself.
allo
Jul 18, 2016 1:26 PM
Jul 2015
Midou89 said:
If you look hard enough at any animation company you can see some reused animations this is not a Ufotable thing is an industry thing.

again this is not reused, they are different character with different designs you cant reuse, the animator has to draw them again. It is probably the same animator.

A reused animation would be something like this from One Piece
https://twitter.com/0XMURADX0/status/737115762683449344
Jul 18, 2016 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
Story-wise this is certainly far better than the game so far, even if its just baby steps in terms of taking out some very awkward things.

Alas those alterations can't exactly fix the cookie-cutter annoying bro MCs. They continue being just as annoying as in the game. Really makes me wish Alisha was the sole protag and Sorey never existed. And while scenes are better in terms of changes from the game, the overall lore is still a shaky generic mess and the badguys are still unbearably typical and one dimensional "HEHEHEHEHE" type of creeps. I guess there are some things you just can't fix about Zestria if ever.

The CGI backgrounds literally make me feel bad. In few moments where you have actually drawn backgrounds it looks great. And then it transitions into awful CGI ground and WHYY. Seriously it baffles me on why they need to make every rock and building a cgi object. It looks horrible.

Directing wise it wasa bit better than previous episodes but the show still does not have anything creative in terms of cinematography. Its very "plain" looking show.

The fights are still bearable albeit the fight this episode is way worse in terms of choreography when compared to the prologue fight. This was very safe and typical Ufo style of "let's throw random sfx explosions on the screen" kind of action that feels kind of dull and tries to overwhelm you with explosions and bright flashes at the screen. The only decent shot was where the MC hit the evil-guy in the gut and pushed him backward into the stone. That had a nice bit of impact. But everything else was quite meh even for ufo standards so far.

An okay episode overall, still weighed down by the mediocrity of Zestria and the safeness of Ufo's approach towards everything they do nowadays. 3/5.

Why are you watching an adaptation of Zestiria if you disliked the game? Just to complain in the forums each week? I don't understand.
Jul 18, 2016 2:40 PM

Dec 2009
Loving this adaptation and all the changes they've done so far. At least I was pissed Mason survived but I guess it makes more sense to change it so he lived, that was a bit of a dark moment that didn't make sense that early on. Sorey and Mikleo are still great together, the best ship in Zestiria :D Love the skit segment at the end and how they reference Mikleo and how he makes snacks in the game for everyone.
Jul 18, 2016 2:50 PM

Jul 2007
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Why are you watching an adaptation of Zestiria if you disliked the game? Just to complain in the forums each week? I don't understand.

There's not a person in the world who could genuinely claim to like Zestiria. Its one of the most incomprehensible borked narratives in history of jrpgs, let alone Tales games, as a result of production staff feuds and frantic rewrites less than year till release..Adding to that you have bland and forgettable main cast(especially asexual chaste cookie cutter main hero and certain waste of space redhead) and below the par gameplay and you have a stinker. More people like FF13 than Zestiria. Its THE worst tales game and one of the worst jrpgs.

The anime still has decent popcorn fights and some of the changes make the mess that is Zestiria at least bearable.

Also again, if one only watched something they absolutely love, no sort of critique would exist.
AhenshihaelJul 18, 2016 3:00 PM
Jul 18, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2016
Fai said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

There's not a person in the world who could genuinely claim to like Zestiria. Its one of the most incomprehensible borked narratives in history of Tales games. More people like FF13 than Zestiria.

The anime still has decent popcorn fights and some of the changes make the mess that is Zestiria at least bearable.

Also again, if one only watched something they absolutely love, no sort of critique would exist.

I loved ToZ. It's my favorite Tales just short behind Tales of Vesperia. It's above Tales of Xillia (1&2). It's above ToS (it's probably a sacrilege for many long-time fan of the series, but I feel that the game aged poorly --- I only played the PS3 version that came with ToS Dotnw).

Jul 18, 2016 3:13 PM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

There's not a person in the world who could genuinely claim to like Zestiria. Its one of the most incomprehensible borked narratives in history of jrpgs, let alone Tales games, as a result of production staff feuds and frantic rewrites less than year till release..Adding to that you have bland and forgettable main cast(especially asexual chaste cookie cutter main hero and certain waste of space redhead) and below the par gameplay and you have a stinker. More people like FF13 than Zestiria. Its THE worst tales game and one of the worst jrpgs.

Speak only for yourself before making blanket statements, there are a lot of things I loved about Zestiria (Edna is one of my favorite Tales characters) so don't try acting like you're superior because apparently you can't subjectively like a story and anyone that does is 'dumb'.

Also I can understand critiquing something as you watch it, but you already know you hate this storyline, and it doesn't look like any of the anime changes will fix that for you, so we literally have to deal with you bitching for the next 22 or so episodes because we already know you won't like it. That's redundancy at its finest.
Jul 18, 2016 3:27 PM

Aug 2011
Fai said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

You talk about how no sort of critique would exist if one watched something they absolutely love, but it's also the same when you absolutely hate something. You already hate the game's story, which is what the anime is adapting from and the studio; so because of that, you have created a sort of bias against this anime.

You're not critiquing the anime, you're just making complaints about something you already hate.

Good episode btw.
Jul 18, 2016 3:28 PM

Apr 2010
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Also I can understand critiquing something as you watch it, but you already know you hate this storyline, and it doesn't look like any of the anime changes will fix that for you, so we literally have to deal with you bitching for the next 22 or so episodes because we already know you won't like it. That's redundancy at its finest.

You know, you could just like not read his posts.
Jul 18, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2009
antonn said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Kinda hard to do that when he posts on most everything I'm watching. When you make statements that are essentially calling a group of people stupid for liking something (Which is literally what he's saying by making blanket statement claims you can't subjectively like the series) then be prepared to get called out on it.
Jul 18, 2016 4:16 PM

May 2011
Fai said:
More people like FF13 than Zestiria. Its THE worst tales game and one of the worst jrpgs.

Sad but true 110chara
Jul 18, 2016 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
RockerXD said:
Fai said:
More people like FF13 than Zestiria. Its THE worst tales game and one of the worst jrpgs.

Sad but true 110chara

It may be more popular being a final fantasy game but the % of people who hated FF13 is more the ToZ which isn't really a bad game its just nothing special.

I enjoyed ToZ unlike ff13 which was so bad I convinced my Gamestop to give me a refund the day after it came out.
Jul 18, 2016 5:35 PM

May 2011
Midou89 said:
RockerXD said:

Sad but true 110chara

It may be more popular being a final fantasy game but the % of people who hated FF13 is more the ToZ which isn't really a bad game its just nothing special.

I enjoyed ToZ unlike ff13 which was so bad I convinced my Gamestop to give me a refund the day after it came out.

I fisnished both of em, but I was able to tolerate ff13 enough to actually do post game activities, unlike zestiria
Jul 18, 2016 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
Lisker said:
Inferno_Blaze12 said:
Mason survived :O, Ufotable is changing a lot. Cool fight scene too

Yea, and everything so far has been for the better. In the game I never really felt that the world/Alisha was ever in any danger. Not to mention it actually made me feel for her situation (PTSD etc).

Can't wait for Edna to show up myself. She was the only thing that mad the game bearable.

Loved the fight scenes, loved the colors and the environments. def a 5/5 for me. I just wonder how far they can get at the current pace.

Yeah the anime has been awesome. I liked the game (Not my favourite) though, mainly because of Zaveid
Jul 18, 2016 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
Really great episode!
If i had any doubts on whether or not i was going to enjoy this series, they are far gone now!
Jul 18, 2016 9:30 PM

May 2010
man does ufotable have some ridiculously amazing fight scene visuals.. i don't remember that fight being that epic in the game.

hopefully though ufotable can give us something proper to prepare us for Berseria. i don't think i'll ever get back to finishing ToZ with those strange gameplay and camera mechanics.
Jul 19, 2016 12:35 AM

Jan 2015
Fai said:

Just because attacks are of similar kind doesn't mean anything is being reused. Its ridiculous assumption really. One doesn't need to go out of their way to to make sure there is a move that no one ever used. I understand if its a fight scene where there is same amount of attacks and same camera angle and it just matches up perfectly, but this isn't the case here which should be obvious to anyone without hate-glasses.

IN both cases, the angles are different, the way its animated is also different, and the storyboard panel that comes before AND after is obviously completely different. To get the results that we see you need entirely different storyboard. The last gif is entirely different, the guy does a different action and it starts with camera focusing above him.
One only has to see the whole sequence to realize how baseless this. Cherrypicking specific moments and say "you see they are the same" has no substance. Might as well pick two scenes from random shows where people attack each other with weapons, and say "see they are the same".

Whats next, Alisha's moves copied from Lancer with low effort storyboards!

The things that are similar are the effects and techniques used to represent actions and moments, which looks great and certainly had an ufotable feeling. Nothing about them were low-effort though, its more than you'd expect from any show.

This short action scene was more impressive than entirety of altersaber x illya, but i guess that doesn't say much. Nothing against SilverLink, it's just that he thinks they're so amazing but that is just bs double standard, since the they are more likely to be doing just the things he suggests ufotable is doing (which they aren't) and Prillya has cgi like this:

Sadly, people who don't at this stuff closely just buy into the stuff he says.

Like don't compare these shots to stuff like this:

Midou89 said:

Thats not remotely in the same boat, and you are giving more fuel to his baseless statements.

Ufotable's storyboards look like this basically . One would have to be pretty delusional to believe they'd reuse storyboards for something like this. Storyboard has to show clearly what characters are doing, how they are reacting, how they are positioned, etc. If they guy is upside down with hands up, he must be like that in the storyboard. Fai just hopes people believe him because people aren't normally informed about that sort of thing. Basically banking on ppl's ignorance. That's all he's been doing really.
FrozenkexJul 19, 2016 1:35 AM
Jul 19, 2016 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
Imma just gonna ignore an account specifically created and dedicated in trying to bait and slander me. That obsession is becoming creepy tho.

antonn said:

Some people just can't bear that le gasp others might not like what they like and feel the need to attack them over having a different opinion, I guess.

RockerXD said:
Midou89 said:

I fisnished both of em, but I was able to tolerate ff13 enough to actually do post game activities, unlike zestiria

IKR, I could stand FF13 to finish whole trilogy and the lore was at least decent.
Zestria I ragequit three times till I finished the nonsensical story and I still immensely regret buying it.
AhenshihaelJul 19, 2016 2:32 AM
Jul 19, 2016 2:50 AM

Oct 2008
art is really exhilarating!
the two are set-out for a journey!
oh! Sorey & Mikleo could match-up to Hellion...Until gramps showed-up...
4/5.

Jul 19, 2016 4:12 AM

May 2011
Fai said:
Imma just gonna ignore an account specifically created and dedicated in trying to bait and slander me. That obsession is becoming creepy tho.

antonn said:

Some people just can't bear that le gasp others might not like what they like and feel the need to attack them over having a different opinion, I guess.

RockerXD said:

IKR, I could stand FF13 to finish whole trilogy and the lore was at least decent.
Zestria I ragequit three times till I finished the nonsensical story and I still immensely regret buying it.

FF13 trilogy is dead to me at lightning returns, and 13-2's nonsensical plot was pushing it for me (zestiria has a more sensible story than 13-2 imho). And Lightning returns made me rage quit when I realized a bunch of the out of combat gameplay was where's waldo fetch quests, and I felt the combat was a bootleg version of tales combat.

Though I'm a degenerate that needs DLC costumes (idolm@ster/school costumes nuff said, and I couldn't stand sorey's hippie poncho) but I expected alot since I had high hopes from xillia 1/2 (fav games of the bunch)
RockerXDJul 19, 2016 4:16 AM
Jul 19, 2016 4:39 AM

Jan 2016
It seems like im the only one watching this without having played the game XD

Nevertheless im really enjoying it so far!
Jul 19, 2016 4:50 AM

Jul 2016
FireFistYamaan said:
It seems like im the only one watching this without having played the game XD

Nevertheless im really enjoying it so far!

While it is based off the game, it appears it will go Anime-original. I can already see many differences. Some minor, some major differences.

I personally prefer it this way. I generally don't like Anime that follow too closely to its original material (I'm probably a minority here).

Why? Because if it's too close, then it makes checking the original material is less interesting (because you already know everything). Naturally, it doesn't apply to every Anime.

I tend to check out the original material after watching an Anime I really love. However, if it's too similar, I get bored and stop reading it.

It's a selfish reason :P

RockerXD said:
Fai said:

FF13 trilogy is dead to me at lightning returns, and 13-2's nonsensical plot was pushing it for me (zestiria has a more sensible story than 13-2 imho). And Lightning returns made me rage quit when I realized a bunch of the out of combat gameplay was where's waldo fetch quests, and I felt the combat was a bootleg version of tales combat.

Though I'm a degenerate that needs DLC costumes (idolm@ster/school costumes nuff said, and I couldn't stand sorey's hippie poncho) but I expected alot since I had high hopes from xillia 1/2 (fav games of the bunch)

Since we're talking about FF13, I stopped playing when I realized I wasted my time grinding outside. I spent a lot of time doing it, then I decided to pay attention. No XP gained -_-

---

Does that guy have an illusion of grandeur or something? He (or she?) makes an outrageous and false statement. I prove him wrong by saying that some people do legitimately like/love ToZ. Gee, go check other forums as well.

I didn't create an account because of you. Stop deluding yourself.
FrozenSheepJul 19, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 19, 2016 5:14 AM

Aug 2011
RockerXD said:
Fai said:

I didn't like FF13 since the beginning, it wasn't that interesting to me. I rage quit it on the second game anyway because I didn't understand the system. I guess grinding for hours makes no difference in a boss fight.

I had Sorey's God Eater costume on the ToZ playthrough, his outfit was just so lame.

Of all the Tales games I have played(ToS, ToA, ToX 1-2, ToG), Tales of Zestiria is definitely the worst one. The story is so by the book and predictable. None of the characters were funny and mostly annoying, except for Zaveid (Shirtless guy with the gun in the opening). I'm seriously wondering who wrote the comedy for this game, it's terrible. I laughed my ass off with all the others, but it was just so childish in this one (They are all rated T, so there is no excuse). The villains were cliched and weren't really fleshed out. The dungeons were all the same (except endgame)
Jul 19, 2016 5:14 AM

Jul 2007
RockerXD said:

FF13 quest and gameplay design made me facepalm a lot, but at least I could get the plot(since a lot of it was based on real norse and irish mythos) and it was interesting for me on how it was basically a retread of FF6. I frankly liked FF13-2 more than FF13 since it had better gameplay and plot came together in better way than "cloud rip off does stuff" of FF13. lR:FR13 also had best fighting system in new gen of FF games ever. And for once the cast was not sausage fest and instead we had multiple actual fighting female characters. It was different and interesting that way. It was not the best FF but it was not the worst either(FF9 and FF8 say hello)

With Zestiria it was just persevering through stupid stuff till you reach the pay off which makes you facepalm so hard. You know the game is bad when the reward for getting through hour+ of boring shit is the stupidest things ever happening. And what's more disappointing - tales games always had likeable and well developed characters, even if the story would fall short sometimes. Out of Zestiria I genuinely only liked Alisha. Plot wise by the end I just felt too much regret to even care about all the plotholes.

My genuine hope for this is that Ufo just goes completely off-the-script from the games soon. It can't be worse than what was in the game.
Jul 19, 2016 5:29 AM

Jul 2016
Xarvyn said:
RockerXD said:

I didn't like FF13 since the beginning, it wasn't that interesting to me. I rage quit it on the second game anyway because I didn't understand the system. I guess grinding for hours makes no difference in a boss fight.

I had Sorey's God Eater costume on the ToZ playthrough, his outfit was just so lame.

Of all the Tales games I have played(ToS, ToA, ToX 1-2, ToG), Tales of Zestiria is definitely the worst one. The story is so by the book and predictable. None of the characters were funny and mostly annoying, except for Zaveid (Shirtless guy with the gun in the opening). I'm seriously wondering who wrote the comedy for this game, it's terrible. I laughed my ass off with all the others, but it was just so childish in this one (They are all rated T, so there is no excuse). The villains were cliched and weren't really fleshed out. The dungeons were all the same (except endgame)

I recently started playing the latest Star Ocean... It made me realize that they really nailed it... bad comedy, detestable Welch or Wench or whatever her name is... boring characters, a combat system that makes me feel so deconnected from everything that is happening...

I still plan to finish it though :D After I finish this one, SO is dead to me.

Jul 19, 2016 6:56 AM

Aug 2013
Well I'm definitely going to be enjoying the fight scenes by ufotable.
Finally the real story is starting soon. I can't wait for more.
Jul 19, 2016 7:02 AM

Jan 2015
FrozenSheep said:

Does that guy have a delusion of grandeur or something?

Absolutely

He (or she?) makes an outrageous and false statement. I prove him wrong by saying that some people do legitimately like/love ToZ. Gee, go check other forums as well.

Idk, he might be referring to me, but i assumed he blocked me a while ago, as he does when people keep challenging on his pretentious bullshit. Maybe he unblocked and blocked again. But that's how it goes - either block, call it bait, trolling, harassment or dismiss it by saying its all a fallacy to avoid admitting the dishonesty and double standards in his posts.
Either way you do have an unfortunate name and low post count, might make it seem that i made a new account to argue with him or something.

It's just sad to see that so many people don't question the stuff he says with no legitimate evidence, while using terminology and examples he doesn't even understand because of his vendetta against Ufotable.

He says:
"That obsession is becoming creepy tho. " But i'm just a fan of Ufotable that likes the stuff they make and care enough to defend it from misinformation and unreasonable hate. He just happens to be a guy who will keep posting every day about how bad they are on the related threads, it doesn't matter to him whether what he says its true or not. What is that if not an obsession? Clearly he is obsessed with his agenda against Ufotable.
FrozenkexJul 19, 2016 7:14 AM
Jul 19, 2016 7:24 AM

Jul 2016
Frozenkex said:
FrozenSheep said:

Absolutely

He (or she?) makes an outrageous and false statement. I prove him wrong by saying that some people do legitimately like/love ToZ. Gee, go check other forums as well.

Idk, he might be referring to me, but i assumed he blocked me a while ago, as he does when people keep challenging on his pretentious bullshit. Maybe he unblocked and blocked again. But that's how it goes - either block, call it bait, trolling, harassment or dismiss it by saying its all a fallacy to avoid admitting the dishonesty and double standards in his posts.
Either way you do have an unfortunate name and low post count, might make it seem that i made a new account to argue with him or something.

It's just sad to see that so many people don't question the stuff he says with no legitimate evidence, while using terminology and examples he doesn't even understand because of his vendetta against Ufotable.

He says:
"That obsession is becoming creepy tho. " But i'm just a fan of Ufotable that likes the stuff they make and care enough to defend it from misinformation and unreasonable hate. He just happens to be a guy who will keep posting every day about how bad they are on the related threads, it doesn't matter to him whether what he says its true or not. What is that if not an obsession? Clearly he is obsessed with his agenda against Ufotable.

Well, FrozenSheep is from my Steam account... it is a name from a long time ago, so I used it since the names I wanted to use was already taken. There was no way that this would have been taken.

Jul 19, 2016 7:58 AM

Aug 2011
Frozenkex said:
FrozenSheep said:

Absolutely

He says:

Fai has problems. I've seen him in other discussions as well. Something else I saw though was that when he dropped Re:Zero, plenty of people were actually happy that he was gone. Maybe when he finally drops this show, the episode discussions won't have someone like him, who hates ToZ's story and Ufotable. I'm still wondering why he watches it. I think he blocked me after I made a point, because he has not responded to my post.
Jul 19, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2011
Fai said:

Please don't speak for anyone but yourself.
While not the best game in the franchise, I do like playing ToZ.

Xarvyn said:

Fai has problems. I've seen him in other discussions as well. Something else I saw though was that when he dropped Re:Zero, plenty of people were actually happy that he was gone. Maybe when he finally drops this show, the episode discussions won't have someone like him, who hates ToZ's story and Ufotable. I'm still wondering why he watches it. I think he blocked me after I made a point, because he has not responded to my post.

Would be amazing if he dropped this anime. Actual constructive criticism is great. But blind hate just makes the threads all gloomy, negative, and not enjoyable to read at all.
Jul 19, 2016 8:44 AM

Jul 2007
Xarvyn said:

Fai has problems.

Yes having opinions and actually critiquing what you watch is "having problems" now.

I've seen him in other discussions as well.

Suure you did
Something else I saw though was that when he dropped Re:Zero, plenty of people were actually happy that he was gone.

Because if you did not notice quite a few fandoms are incredibly toxic and don't take actual critique too well. Case in point here And Let's not act like REZero fandom is in anyway reasonable, considering at least two or three people are just waiting there to attack anyone who dared to dislike the episodes.

Any show that becomes "In" with the mainstream has a fair share of toxic fanbois who feel the need to attack anyone who dared to dislike their masterpiece. Some of them stay up cyber-stalking you for years because they can't let go of you calling out flaws.
Maybe when he finally drops this show, the episode discussions won't have someone like him, who hates ToZ's story and Ufotable.

I am sorry but you don't get to censor out criticism no matter the size of circlejerk. So far I did not see the need to slander or throw personal attacks against others, since, you know, I actually have actual arguments I presented, instead of attacking people for daring to not agree.

You know why I hate tOZ Story? Because it is objectively awful story.
You know why I "hate" ufotable? Because they have not produced a good thing since Zero and have turned into a corporate factory.
I know right, what a horrible thing to do - only liking things that are good and having a taste. But don't worry - the moment they actually do something above mediocre, I am sure to applaud them for that. So far they have not.

If I watch the show I obviously still have a reason to watch it. Zestiria so far is solid 5-6/10 which is the middle of the rating scale. Which means it still has some redeeming qualities, especially considering how empty the season is. You don't get to try to censor me by trying to force me to drop it just because I don't like it's flaws and don't rate it 10/10,
AhenshihaelJul 19, 2016 8:49 AM
Jul 19, 2016 8:55 AM

Aug 2011
Fai said:
Xarvyn said:

Fai has problems.

Yes having opinions and actually critiquing what you watch is "having problems" now.

I've seen him in other discussions as well.

Suure you did
Something else I saw though was that when he dropped Re:Zero, plenty of people were actually happy that he was gone.

Because if you did not notice quite a few fandoms are incredibly toxic and don't take actual critique too well. Case in point here And Let's not act like REZero fandom is in anyway reasonable, considering at least two or three people are just waiting there to attack anyone who dared to dislike the episodes.

Any show that becomes "In" with the mainstream has a fair share of toxic fanbois who feel the need to attack anyone who dared to dislike their masterpiece. Some of them stay up cyber-stalking you for years because they can't let go of you calling out flaws.
Maybe when he finally drops this show, the episode discussions won't have someone like him, who hates ToZ's story and Ufotable.

I am sorry but you don't get to censor out criticism no matter the size of circlejerk. So far I did not see the need to slander or throw personal attacks against others, since, you know, I actually have actual arguments I presented, instead of attacking people for daring to not agree.

You know why I hate tOZ Story? Because it is objectively awful story.
You know why I "hate" ufotable? Because they have not produced a good thing since Zero and have turned into a corporate factory.
I know right, what a horrible thing to do - only liking things that are good and having a taste. But don't worry - the moment they actually do something above mediocre, I am sure to applaud them for that. So far they have not.

If I watch the show I obviously still have a reason to watch it. Zestiria so far is solid 5-6/10 which is the middle of the rating scale. Which means it still has some redeeming qualities, especially considering how empty the season is. You don't get to try to censor me by trying to force me to drop it just because I don't like it's flaws and don't rate it 10/10,

It's not critiquing if you're creating a bias against the anime because you hate Zestiria and Ufotable. You are just here to spread your hate on something that hasn't even reached the end of its cour. You obviously don't expect much from this anyway. You know what happens.
Jul 19, 2016 9:11 AM
Jul 2015
You guys can just block Fai if he is bothering you or just ignore him, the discussion is pointless and both sides aren't changing their minds.
Jul 19, 2016 9:40 AM

Jan 2015
Things would have been different if he didn't make broad statements as if they are facts while calling his opinions and head-canons "objective" or facts for that matter, all the while basically calling people stupid for not seeing it that way.

they have not produced a good thing since Zero

Too bad there are many plebs who think UBW is a very good thing, rite?
a corporate factory.

I thought that would more likely apply to apply to studios that release multiple adaptations a year that are mostly there to just promote the source material (mostly LNs). And even then i wouldn't liken them to a corporate factory, thats worse than likening them to McDonalds...

Ufotable at most releases 1-2 titles a year, all of which have much higher standard of quality than your average anime. God eater is an iffy one, despite having quite a lot of effort poured into it. And yes they do promote the games they're based on, but its hardly the same.
And the Zestiria intends to be a complete story, not requiring one to "go read source material" and is sparing no expense.

If doing "similar things" or continuing to adapt TypeMoon stuff is what makes them "a corporate factory" then best-studio-shaft is a corporate factory too which is doing the same thing with monogatari.

only liking things that are good and having a taste

I love this guy. Maybe its supposed to be self-deprecating humor.
Jul 19, 2016 3:31 PM
Sep 2015
If anything, I would just watch for the OP and Ufotable's beautiful animation. HOWEVER, it doesn't hurt that the story is shaping up well and the characters are clear cut.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
-Harvey Dent
Jul 19, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
AniTravlr said:
If anything, I would just watch for the OP and Ufotable's beautiful animation. HOWEVER, it doesn't hurt that the story is shaping up well and the characters are clear cut.

Take it however you want:

I already liked most of the cast and this Anime is making the already introduced characters even more charming.

In the game, there was a lot of talk about "Calamity", but we didn't see much of it and the impending doom wasn't properly... shown (outside of a few cutscene/animation here and there). They have properly (so far, anyway) shown that the world is in peril.

Unless something crazy happens, this Anime should end up as a much superior version of Zestiria.

Since I already enjoyed the game a lot, I'm really looking forward to the introduction of my favorite character :)

Jul 19, 2016 4:56 PM

Aug 2014
Mikleo for best bro or what?

Like many has stated already, the changes made in this episode were well done...especially the one for poor Mason (goodbye firework!)

The fight scene was also pretty damn good, though a little too bombastic for my taste.
Jul 19, 2016 5:20 PM

May 2012
Pretty good so far. I'm really enjoying this anime and i hope it'll be two cours instead of just 12 episodes.

Why the fuck people even try to discuss with Fai? He is not worth anyone's time.
KaeUBWJul 19, 2016 5:28 PM
I despise woke people.
Jul 19, 2016 6:46 PM

Feb 2011
Going by the look and speed they will probably do split cour I mean Tales of Symphonia was 3 parts after all so 12 episode may just be 1st season deal
Jul 20, 2016 9:03 AM

Jul 2013
Ola my boy Mason survived. HAHAHA!

I would've loved to see that firework scene celebrating his death.

And I see the cancer has continued to spread here.
Dull_LullJul 20, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 20, 2016 9:16 AM
Sep 2015
Man...The animation is such a pleasure to watch. Ufotable really masters the art of animation.
Jul 20, 2016 3:11 PM

Oct 2009
Alot of improvements from the game, love it so far!
Jul 21, 2016 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
Maaaaan. I knew Zestiria got shit but seeing how many people hated it makes me sad. I enjoyed the hell out of it. feelsbadman
I played some of ToS (never did get around to finishing it, lol), ToA, ToV, ToGf and ToX1-2. They were all great. Zestiria had it's problems, but all of the games did, imo.
Characters didn't seem as flat as everyone says either. But I'm also a boring guy, so I guess I just never noticed. Edna is pure gold though and nothing can change my opinion.

Either way though, the change the anime are doing are pretty great. I always did think that Alisha standing at the entrance all quiet was awkward as fuck. Same with Mason dying, like whoa. 0-100 real quick there with him getting gobbled up in the middle of combat, lol.
Smh when characters just stand and watch shit happen when they have the opportunity to stop it. Such a bad plot device.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.