Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2016 10:52 AM
Nov 2015
it seems. I choose the worst favourites. damn it.

Faves are currently the animator, therapist, farmer and the pharmacist from the new people. Obviously its nice to see the rest of my children back from dr1 though.

BUT HONESTLY GUYS WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING OFC SOMEONE FROM DR1 WILL DIE its bound to happen and i don't want it damn it
Jul 11, 2016 10:52 AM
Jan 2016
I went to some forum and they said Chisa is suspicious and likely mastermind.
Then she die in the first ep?
Seriously?
Jul 11, 2016 10:53 AM
Nov 2015
Zapredon said:
Finally, it's back. I didn't play the 2nd game but I can more or guess what happen.
to be honest, you should at least watch a playthrough, the second game is quite important for the despair arc.
Jul 11, 2016 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
The_Cube5671 said:
Zapredon said:
Finally, it's back. I didn't play the 2nd game but I can more or guess what happen.
to be honest, you should at least watch a playthrough, the second game is quite important for the despair arc.

Erm..just read the character synopsis from wiki will do?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 11, 2016 11:02 AM

Sep 2014
SH4kun said:
First chapter was pretty amazing as an introduction. I was only looking forward to Zetsubou-hen (mostly because of Nagito) but I'm digging this one already.

It actually feels more like Zero Escape than Danganronpa and for me that's a good thing.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that got a Zero Escape feeling from this
Jul 11, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2011
Man, that was good. I wasn't as excited for this as I am for Zetsubou-hen, but it surprised me positively. I still don't have an opinion on most of the new characters, except for Sakakura (who I already don't like, I hope he dies).

Red blood now, that was surprising. Apparently this show will indeed be darker than the games were.

Also, I'm glad I got to see the best character even if just for a few seconds.
Jul 11, 2016 11:11 AM

Aug 2009
Ah, so the long awaited DR3 has started, quality looks great, we are in for a treat! Good job Studio Lerche.

The Remnants of Despairs look phenomenal, spreading death and fighting the Hopes! So many things to point out, really can't wait to see Despair arc where it all began.
Future arc has a real serious tone to it and the opening puts dead flags on all, no one is save (kinda want just one of our old cast dead, it would be surprising but feels unlikely).
And that first victim ! Talk about trolling full scale xD Chisa, the one who seems too nice and kinda fishy from the trailers gets murdered first. Here's some despairing character develoupment for you Kyousuke... I ship them, want backstory now ;( Oh yeah, Chisa confirmed she was the teacher of the 77th class, *cries* we'll see her again in Despair arc *cries even more*

No more hot pink blood :O Whaaaat? But thats Danga Ronpa essential!
Wonder if the dead game will only be inside the building. What's up with the timer on only two hours, must be Monokuma penalty time or the fastest killing game ever.

5/5
Jul 11, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
mikadocs said:
Ah, so the long awaited DR3 has started, quality looks great, we are in for a treat! Good job Studio Lerche.

The Remnants of Despairs look phenomenal, spreading death and fighting the Hopes! So many things to point out, really can't wait to see Despair arc where it all began.
Future arc has a real serious tone to it and the opening puts dead flags on all, no one is save (kinda want just one of our old cast dead, it would be surprising but feels unlikely).
And that first victim ! Talk about trolling full scale xD Chisa, the one who seems too nice and kinda fishy from the trailers gets murdered first. Here's some despairing character develoupment for you Kyousuke... I ship them, want backstory now ;( Oh yeah, Chisa confirmed she was the teacher of the 77th class, *cries* we'll see her again in Despair arc *cries even more*

No more hot pink blood :O Whaaaat? But thats Danga Ronpa essential!
Wonder if the dead game will only be inside the building. What's up with the timer on only two hours, must be Monokuma penalty time or the fastest killing game ever.

5/5
Judging by trailers/PVs, Future one will keep the red blood and the despair one will keep the pink.

Apr 2010
That was so awesome!
Nov 2015
Zapredon said:
The_Cube5671 said:

again, it would be worth going through the whole of dangan ronpa 2. NicoB has a great playthrough of it.
Jul 11, 2016 11:14 AM
Aug 2011
I love Kugimiya Rie and lol at the people bitching about Bandai's voice.
I'm going to throw a fit if Bandai dies. I'm also interested in the Ultimate Confectioner/Blacksmith combo; they seem to have something going on.
Oh and Gureito Gozu because just look at him.

raifuresu said:

Hell yes. Despair Gundam is hnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Wasn't looking forward to mirai-hen as much because I honestly don't give a shit about Kigiri, Asahina or Hagakure (why is he even still alive...).
But i'm still excited because new content is new content.
standJul 11, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 11, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2016
raifuresu said:
Man, that was good. I wasn't as excited for this as I am for Zetsubou-hen, but it surprised me positively. I still don't have an opinion on most of the new characters, except for Sakakura (who I already don't like, I hope he dies).

Red blood now, that was surprising. Apparently this show will indeed be darker than the games were.

Gumdam with an army of animals is so badass...You could even say he was closer to achieve his delusional goal of controling the world than he ever was...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 11, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2016
i am a little confused
i havent played the game...only watched 2 and 1
so what exactly is happening now ?
hat happens to those who escaped ast time ??
i dont mind spoilers....if you could provide be the brief summary or plot or a connection from 1-3 i would be grateful :)

Thank you

where can i play the game or download it ? is it on ds ?
Jul 11, 2016 11:20 AM

Dec 2012
For some reason I believe she is alive somehow and that she is the traitor.

Jul 11, 2016 11:20 AM

May 2014
Glad its finally here

seems they are using real blood color now unlike the 1st season

The OP and ED song is the best as well

Naegi and Kirigiri is back
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
baekhyun said:
SH4kun said:
It actually feels more like Zero Escape than Danganronpa and for me that's a good thing.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that got a Zero Escape feeling from this

Yup, I third the Zero Escape atmosphere. Second I saw the bracelets I just thought of it. Then again, I'm playing Zero Time Dilemma at the moment (which I recommend to any Danganronpa fan), so it'd be weirder if it didn't come to mind.
SH4kun said:
I was only looking forward to Zetsubou-hen (mostly because of Nagito) but I'm digging this one already.

Damn, I miss Nagito. I need more friendly psychopaths in my life. As for the other Despairs, I gotta say, points to Ibuki (imagine her killing people with that creepy music she plays, that'd be sick), Gundam (them snakes), and Fuyuhiko 'cause gangsters.

Eh, I prefer the red blood, to be honest. Works better in the anime. But for the game I pray that they keep our much beloved pink paint.

I think I'll watch this after I play the game, though. Plot twists hit hardest when you're busy trying to solve everything on your own.
Jul 11, 2016 11:23 AM

Mar 2011
@Hydrous
You can get it on steam.

Topic: Great introduction. It looks very promising.
And that commando:
GazerJul 11, 2016 11:35 AM

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Jul 11, 2016 11:27 AM

May 2016
Attention to all the people that has complained about Monokuma's new voice; his former Seiyuu (Nobuyo Oyama) was diagnosed with dementia so they had to change the VA for obvious reasons.

As for the series, this was quite unexpected, but I really enjoyed seeing the Remnants of Despair and Naegi and co.
Kirigiri is my ultimate waifu and I hope that she doesn't die...

Also I love Rie Kugimiya's voice for Bandai, it reminds me of Alphonse from FMA when he had his armor on xD
Jul 11, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2015
Remnants of Despair, huh? That takes me back. Nice to see the cast again, they're looking fresh.

The big one though, that was the most unfitting voice the character could have, but it's Danganronpa, so it's okay.
The teacher was the first? A shame, I liked her a bit.

I got a smile on my face after I heard Monokuma's laugh, it's a new VA, but it isn't that bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 2014
Glad its finally here

seems they are using real blood color now unlike the 1st season

The OP and ED song is the best as well

Naegi and Kirigiri is back

Aug 2014
We Uchikoshi now.

It's interesting that Chisa was the first to die, I wasn't expecting this. She was a great witness to how 77th class were and could help Naegi. And even she was agreeding with Munakata, she wasn't nearly agressive as the others were being.
Probably we'll see more of her in Zetsubou-hen as a teacher, i'm HOPING for that.
And Munakata is actually a good person or at least he looks like.

Almost everything I expected, good first episode. Looks like Hagakure is in a bad situation and is going to be used as a scapegoat like in chapter 3 of DR1.
Jul 11, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2011
I hate Bandai's voice in this. It sounds like a 12 year old girl with tsundere issues. Rie could've at least tried to make him sound ambiguous.

It's going to take a really long time to get used to him. Unless he's the next death.
Jul 11, 2016 11:30 AM

May 2016
Gazer said:
@Hydrous
You cant get it on steam.

Topic: Great introduction. It looks very promising.
And that commando:

I thought that scene was funny because in the DR2 game they show how fast Fatwogami is even tho he's fat...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Aug 2008
Hydrous said:
i am a little confused
i havent played the game...only watched 2 and 1
so what exactly is happening now ?
hat happens to those who escaped ast time ??
i dont mind spoilers....if you could provide be the brief summary or plot or a connection from 1-3 i would be grateful :)

You can go read Makoto Naegi character's history here to understand what's going on.

http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/Makoto_Naegi
ZapredonJul 11, 2016 11:34 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 11, 2016 11:31 AM
May 2016
tsubasalover said:
Forming an association to defeat despair. A meeting to get rid of main guy because they suspect him about the previous anime season. Ex-teacher talking about the two hopes cooperate together.

Attack and he got suspected, too. Everyone got caught. Monokuma again, that mean same situation as previous anime season. Starts off with the ex-teacher as first victim. Monokuma's challenge.

OP and ED are cool.

The show takes place after the events of Super Danganronpa 2, so the first anime/game has no correlation to what Naegi is being arrested. I recommend that you either play Super Danganronpa 2 on PC or Ps Vita or read up on the games plot(not as recommended) before continuing this show.
Jul 11, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2016

Who would win in a fucking fight, the Ultimate Wrestler or the Ultimate Boxer?
Jul 11, 2016 11:36 AM

Feb 2011
So it is another killing game.. they should have made a game :(
Jul 11, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2014
@Hydrous

Well, first and second games are on Steam, so you could play on a PC. Danganronpa's mostly a Vita series. Third game's still in the works.
YoshinoVA said:
I hate Bandai's voice in this. It sounds like a 12 year old girl with tsundere issues. Rie could've at least tried to make him sound ambiguous.

It's going to take a really long time to get used to him. Unless he's the next death.

I'd bet my money on his eventual death. Any character who looks cartoony is bound to die, like Teruteru. The mismatched voice just raises the chances.
FragOutFire said:
Who would win in a fucking fight, the Ultimate Wrestler or the Ultimate Boxer?

This I wanna know so bad, but I doubt they'd ever show that. If they die at all, it'll probably be with poison or something.
Jul 11, 2016 11:38 AM
May 2016
Anyone Notice that Monokuma has a more child like voice possibly hinting to Monoka from Another Episode being the mastermind(Unlikely but still possible) or working with the mastermind but who knows she might play a more minor role. What do you guys think?
Jul 11, 2016 11:39 AM

Feb 2011
Snajed said:
Anyone Notice that Monokuma has a more child like voice possibly hinting to Monoka from Another Episode being the mastermind(Unlikely but still possible) or working with the mastermind but who knows she might play a more minor role. What do you guys think?

The original voice actress can't do her role anymore cause of an illness.
Jul 11, 2016 11:41 AM

May 2016
Hitagi_Hanekawa said:
So it is another killing game.. they should have made a game :(

Its because it doesn't have trials anymore, is just kill each other...
Jul 11, 2016 11:43 AM
May 2016
Hitagi_Hanekawa said:
Snajed said:

The original voice actress can't do her role anymore cause of an illness.

still i don't think that would exclude Monoka in the conclusion of the hope's peak academy arc due to her VA
Jul 11, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2012
THE HYPE IS SO REAL AYEBDH37H87CB78NX8Y7HHMCFW8MU3 D:
The opening is so good :)
I really enjoyed this episode, it was a lot darker than I was expecting. Seeing the Remnants of Despair was great! GUNDAM <3 SONIA <3 IBUKI <3
Nagito with the kids from the Another game was pretty cool too.
I WAS TOTALLY NOT EXPECTING THAT WOMAN TO DIE! (my ships tend to sink, but oh boy, that was fast) Ans she was the Remnants' teacher! So we probably going to see her on Zetsubou-hen.
Red blood? Why? Maybe it is hitting on a different mastermind. I mean, it can't possibly be Junko (I hope).

I still think that

is going to be involved somehow, but who knows

My body is ready for the despair *-*

Jul 11, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
Snajed said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Monoka made an appearance (though the voice is unrelated). I mean, did you see that scene where she dressed as Junko and was on a laptop or whatever? I wouldn't even be surprised if she was the mastermind.

At the same time, though, I don't think they'd do that since the game was kind of a spin-off, and it'd throw off people who haven't played it. So yeah, minor role, if at all.
Jul 11, 2016 11:45 AM
Sep 2013
Just another reminder that you need to have played or at the very least seen a LP of SDR2 because this episodes spoils the major twists of that game.

If you've only watched the DR1 anime 3 years ago then I suggest you stop right now and this will only be confusing for you lot.
Jul 11, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2011
GosuGian said:
opposite, I think she is killed BECAUSE she is the traitor.

okay here is my prediction. When I see Yukizome's corpse, she already has bracelet put by mastermind in her hand. So the killing taken place AFTER mastermind putting bracelet to people (when all passed out) and BEFORE anybody wakes up. I assumed there's no killing motive at all between Future Foundation members before this incident (because there's no foreshadowing regarding this), so I think that the motive is happened/triggered DURING that time.

What I can think of is, Yukizome is the one who throw sleeping gas. And someone saw her. I dont know, maybe she really is a traitor who has to triggered first murder. Thats the motive. Someone think that she is enemy/traitor and killed her when he/she wakes up from sleeping gas. But then monokuma showed up, proved that Yukizome is not the mastermind.

well just prediction and actually full of holes tho. but I tried.
Jul 11, 2016 11:54 AM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
]Judging by trailers/PVs, Future one will keep the red blood and the despair one will keep the pink.

Yeah, that's true, gotta keep some of that hot pink style :P

Zapredon said:
The_Cube5671 said:

It's up to you, the outcome of second killing game shouldn't be important here, other that Naegi shall take the consequences of his actions in DR2. I actually think that a big part of the enjoyment of visual novel DR2 is getting to know the cast while playing. From the looks of it we'll get some similar introductions and interactions between them in Despair arc, so that's just another way for newcomers to get how the different storys are connected.

We got some brilliant spoiler DR2 plottwists right off the bat. Aside from that I'm sure newcomers will have a boost on wanting to know the DR2 cast and follow the Despair arc as well.
Jul 11, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
Them Super Duper High School Despairs though

HYPEHYPEHYPE

I hope this anime won't be ALL about the new killing game though, I'd like to see a more "traditional" storyline instead

On another note, where the heck are Togami and Furukawa? I thought he had a crush on Naegi
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 11, 2016 12:01 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well I hope this made it clear beyond all doubt that you absolutely shouldn't watch this if you haven't played Danganronpa 2 first :s

Mioda's evil face looks crazy as fuck lol
Jul 11, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2012
furuuru said:
GosuGian said:
opposite, I think she is killed BECAUSE she is the traitor.

okay here is my prediction. When I see Yukizome's corpse, she already has bracelet put by mastermind in her hand. So the killing taken place AFTER mastermind putting bracelet to people (when all passed out) and BEFORE anybody wakes up. I assumed there's no killing motive at all between Future Foundation members before this incident (because there's no foreshadowing regarding this), so I think that the motive is happened/triggered DURING that time.

What I can think of is, Yukizome is the one who throw sleeping gas. And someone saw her. I dont know, maybe she really is a traitor who has to triggered first murder. Thats the motive. Someone think that she is enemy/traitor and killed her when he/she wakes up from sleeping gas. But then monokuma showed up, proved that Yukizome is not the mastermind.

well just prediction and actually full of holes tho. but I tried.

I like your theory. I found it really odd too that she was killed before the announcement of the game.
But, maybe the traitor killed her because he already knew that a game was going to happen.

Jul 11, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
kawaii-despair said:
He's off with Fukawa on their honeymoon in Towa City
Now that the potential love interest for the white Togami 2.0 is dead he can replace the original Togami and fall in love with Naegs
Ohohoho I see

Thanks for informing me
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 11, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2016
This is awesome I love it i like the opening and ending theme I love to see Kirigiri and Naegi back again.

It was shocking that Chiza dies so fast but oh well. I really don t like Juzo sakakura he beating Naegi up and such asshole. I just hope Kyoko and Naegi will not die hopefully. Kyosuke Munakata man he is shock as hell and also traumatized when he found out that Chiza dies.

Jul 11, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Character design by a retarded 6-year-old. Very disappointing to say the least. Don't feel like smashing my head with a hammer enough times to make myself like this garbage.
Jul 11, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2016
Sokah said:
Character design by a retarded 6-year-old. Very disappointing to say the least. Don't feel like smashing my head with a hammer enough times to make myself like this garbage.

Ultimate Despair wins again!
Jul 11, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
FragOutFire said:
Sokah said:

Ultimate Despair wins again!

Hooo the despair!

Jul 11, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
It is absurd anime from absurd game but I give 7/10 to this because different type
Jul 11, 2016 12:21 PM

Oct 2014
Sokah said:

Don't do it, just don't like it.

Zapredon said:
The_Cube5671 said:

You would miss the experience, as the twist of the second game is of those that make you rethink everything you've been shown, but it will do.

WHERE'S MY PINK BLOOD!!?? 0/10

In all seriousness, I liked this ep. The treason accusation was natural and I hope we can get to know the characters this time around, instead of the rushed adaptation of the first game. I also liked the images of the remnants, goddammit I love that game.

Just, the farmer guy. I bursted out of laughter when I heard the voice. I expect this kind of characters, but this one was too much for me. I'm not complaining though.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jul 11, 2016 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
Better give actual thoughts to first episode.

- Crazy Ibuki is best Ibuki, hands down. Cannot wait for the despair side.

- I'd place my money on Yasuhiro dying at one point. Although I'm not sure how he would. There's a large possibility that he is actually the mastermind, but that's based on absolutely nothing other than him not being in the room during the sleeping gas.

- Red Blood, surprising.

- Naegiri is still a thing? Good. It shouldn't stop.

- Apparently Monomi is in this series. I wonder if it'll be a flashback to Naegi making the Simulator or if she'll actually be some kind of plot twist.

- Monokuma and Bandai's voice are going to take a really long time to get used too, although I won't be surprised if Bandai is one of the characters who dies.

Overall, 7/10. I just want to see more of Yasuhiro and why he's there, his screen time got shafted this episode.
Jul 11, 2016 12:36 PM

Jun 2016
I wonder where Togami can someone tell me where he is and Fukuwa? I think they show up in this anime to help Naegi,Kirigiri and The survivors In later episode

Jul 11, 2016 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Yay.

The new characters are nice. Didn't expect Yukizome to die though.

Can't wait for Zetsubou-hen. :P
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

473 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

285 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

281 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.