Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (42) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2016
Keltrick said:
Shinobu-Oshino said:
dropped

this episode was so cringe

Thank goodness there's someone else who understands how absolutely horrible this episode was.

Stop !! Ok I get it that you hate this but I been seeing your avatar complaining/ranting in the previous page about how you hate this show . I would be happy if you get out on this thread.

Also I would understand if your just sharing your opinion but seriously!! your going too far
Jul 11, 2016 5:48 AM
Dec 2014
To the ones who read the LN and WN

Does subaru suffer more? Or is this the end of his suffering?
Jul 11, 2016 5:49 AM

Dec 2013
zaidk said:
damn, I didn't expect that much hate for this episode !

Are you people heartless?
don't watch any anime then, the "anime" is about feels, if you feel nothing from tragedy anike then you're not qualified to even

Look at the poll. The hate is a very small minority.
Jul 11, 2016 5:50 AM

Dec 2013
zaidk said:
To the ones who read the LN and WN

Does subaru suffer more? Or is this the end of his suffering?

There's more suffering later on but this is about as bad as it gets in this arc.
Jul 11, 2016 5:52 AM

Feb 2015
Keltrick said:
Crashmatt said:

Why watch a show you clearly hate? I disagree about you plot point as the full plot has not been revealed yet. Anyway I've wasted enough time arguing with you already.

Oh you poor thing, you think I hate this show just because I'm being critical of how poorly it conveys its plot, characters, and meaning? That's even more ridiculous. I can judge something and say it's abhorrent shit without hating it. Why should I hate it? I laughed through most of the episode; I found it to be rather entertaining how absolutely ridiculous the MC has become with no real meaningful character development and repetitive plot points like the Witch's Curse (which seems to have taken hold of Subaru, again? Why hasn't anyone done anything about it? Why hasn't he himself taken notice of it?)

The plot doesn't need to be "reveled" for it be "good," because it's already ham-fistedly put together and couldn't be any more coerced if it tried to be.

You never argued with me in the first place. You gave me your pathetic attempt of a logical fallacy, and called it an argument.

You seriously need to get over yourself.
Jul 11, 2016 5:53 AM

Oct 2014
wow this was the best episode so far, after the credits i started to tear up
Words
Jul 11, 2016 5:55 AM

Jul 2015
Wow! Just wow! Best episode of the year.

Jul 11, 2016 5:56 AM
Dec 2014
I find it funny that people focus on rating an anime to the point that they forget to enjoy it!
Jul 11, 2016 5:58 AM

Jul 2016
zaidk said:
I find it funny that people focus on rating an anime to the point that they forget to enjoy it!

Nah, It's just there is this 1 person "Keltrick" keep complaining how he hates this show
Jul 11, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2014
wow... I was speechless... I mean wow...does anyone remember how many times Subaru has died so far
Jul 11, 2016 6:07 AM

May 2015
zaidk said:

I can enjoy Re:Zero for being an ok fantasy thriller, that does not make the show good in any way. Being critical of a show doesn't mean you're trying to not enjoy the show. If I lowered my standards enough I could enjoy anything, but my standards aren't something I change, their simply just my taste at the current moment of time.
Lan-Fan said:
zaidk said:

Nah, It's just there is this 1 person "Keltrick" keep complaining how he hates this show

Why is that a bad thing? This is a place for discussion about this episode and if Keltrick watches the episode and thought "this was shit" he has every right to come here and tell people his thoughts because that's what the thread is for.

It is not a constant rally for Re:Zero fans.
zaidk said:

don't watch any anime then, the "anime" is about feels, if you feel nothing from tragedy anike then you're not qualified to even

"are you people heartless"
I've been given no reason to be attached to any of these characters though so the suffering doesn't bother me. "The feels" is a shit reason to like something just cause it's forcibly trying to elict emotions from you without build up. AssClass made me cry. Because I gave a shit about the characters.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 11, 2016 6:09 AM

Feb 2011
"not in front of my shop" xD that appa seller is growing on me

so the mess during the candidates meeting got saved, guess that's also what broke subaru, he can no longer fix that talk with emilia

that leading cultist is so crazy, and the swaps from crazy to cheerfully polite is hilarious

lol those ending titles
wonder if that ice beast is the complete form of puck,
strange there was a reaction like that, since the first time emilia got murdered in the trade house nothing big happened

---
thinking again bout the appa shop, that's the second time a save point has been created there, it may be casual, but there may also be a connection

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 11, 2016 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Jagd84 said:

You don't see to understand, it doesn't matter whether those memories matter to Emilia, Rem or anyone else. They matter to him . This has been a major theme with him from first arc onwards. So bring that up is freaking pointless. You are the only one acting like a 12 year old when you talk you like determine who he should like or not. People fall in love for kinds of reasons whether it is because they helped by their personal saviors like Suabru and Rem or simple attraction from love at first sight. What matters is how they eventually develop. Subaru and Emilia have plenty of time for that but it depends on him. This story isn't anywhere done for such thing to be set in stone.

And no he wasn't like that when he first saw her. He though she was beautiful, but that was it. He decided to help her because she helped him and the got to know each other, unlike your gross exaggeration of the events. Who the hell would write like that anyway?
he thought that she is why he is there: that he was Mario and she was Peach. I cannot remember the exact lines but it is there. I am not saying that he should not like Emilia. I am saying he should not pursue a relationship with a crazy chick. if you ever dated one then you know what I am talking about, if not be thankful you did not.

She's not a 'crazy chick'. Just some charitable 14 year old.
Jul 11, 2016 6:12 AM

Oct 2015
zaidk said:

2320 people give it 5/5 at the moment. Don't need to worry mate.
Jul 11, 2016 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Keltrick said:
Nagirah said:

Don't worry about the other people. That guy takes his opinion over something trivial like this way too personally. It's still kind of funny how people praise this episode when all it offered was hollow gore and slaughter with no real substance behind it. This episode was nothing, but pure shock value and that thing does not work for me.

It really is though! It just blood and gore. There was absolutely no relevance to the over-arching plot other than the MC refusing to grow as a person, and an absolute lack of communication between his friends is the root cause of it all. And people praise his ignorance.

Umm. There was no plot holes and it wasn't 'hollow'. It has to be depicted for us to have a better understanding about what Subaru's going through.
Jul 11, 2016 6:17 AM

Dec 2015
Aww man... Poor Subaru!!!
Jul 11, 2016 6:22 AM
Jun 2016
Prog_upworks13 said:
zaidk said:

2320 people give it 5/5 at the moment. Don't need to worry mate.

problem with haters that they have no empirical data or intelligent reasons to hate the show, they are pathetic people who love to be the center of everything, so by disliking something everyone else likes, they feel special, its really pathetic
Jul 11, 2016 6:27 AM

Feb 2011
Hongu said:
However, I do have a problem with Betelgeuse. I know he's supposed to be deranged and over the top and make you feel scared and uncomfortable, but he was seriously TOO spastic and insane. I didn't even really feel scared, he was just funny to me and he made me laugh.

same, i found him hilarious, and i've no problem with that

hilarious and dangerous with no control can be scary too,
it's not what he says or how he acts to make him scary(he's actually engrossing in that), it's what he does

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 11, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2009
2.5 votes? is this the most for a single episode on this site??
Jul 11, 2016 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
Keltrick said:
Shinobu-Oshino said:
dropped

this episode was so cringe

Thank goodness there's someone else who understands how absolutely horrible this episode was.

Someone that can't take honesty. You should've been thankful that the show has shown you so much. Unlike other anime that 'tone it down'.
Jul 11, 2016 6:37 AM
Jan 2015
AForgottenSoul said:

The highest I found from a quick search
Jul 11, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
I have to admit that for the most part Subaru is simply too cringey in this episode. all that whining and shitting doesn't and will never constitute true madness. for the most part the VA has no idea what true insanity means, and this is coming from someone who attempted suicide twice (I've reached my closure about it, but still it's still sad. but that's for another topic).

I can't help but think Subaru is still acting like the idiot he is. can't he learn from his own experience? in arc 1, he asked for Reinhart's help, right? so tell me WHY THE FUCKING HE DIDN'T ASKED HIM THIS TIME WHEN HE KNOWS HIS OP POWERS???? His respawn point is with the apple guy right? way before he shitted with Reinhart on the first loop. But nooooo, let's act emo because I don't know, that's what sells?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jul 11, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2016
I always get this vibe to most of the "haters" of this show. :D

Jul 11, 2016 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
This episode was horrible?

To me it was the best episode so far. If they didn't make the villain of the episode look like a clown some of the viewers would become walkting vegetables like Subaru after watching this episode.

I absolutely loved it and I love that even though Subaru keeps on repeating time over and over I still think that this anime's pretty diverse.

So basically, it's GAME OVER for him if he doesn't manage to save Emlia and everyone?
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jul 11, 2016 6:41 AM

Apr 2009
kidlat020 said:
I have to admit that for the most part Subaru is simply too cringey in this episode. all that whining and shitting doesn't and will never constitute true madness. for the most part the VA has no idea what true insanity means, and this is coming from someone who attempted suicide twice (I've reached my closure about it, but still it's still sad. but that's for another topic).

I can't help but think Subaru is still acting like the idiot he is. can't he learn from his own experience? in arc 1, he asked for Reinhart's help, right? so tell me WHY THE FUCKING HE DIDN'T ASKED HIM THIS TIME WHEN HE KNOWS HIS OP POWERS???? His respawn point is with the apple guy right? way before he shitted with Reinhart on the first loop. But nooooo, let's act emo because I don't know, that's what sells?

My guess is that he IS going to ask for help. And not only Reinhart, because otherwise he has no chance of winning. Apparently even Rosewal and Emilia combo didn't stand a chance.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jul 11, 2016 6:42 AM

Mar 2016
Well holy shit .....where to start? It was a VERY important episode....it had to happen down the line but dude it was done so well. Forget Emilia-tan...rem is best girl
Jul 11, 2016 6:44 AM

Feb 2011
Ultranumbed said:
AForgottenSoul said:

The highest I found from a quick search

at this point, this show will either raise to the hyped top and stay there for the next 10 years, or burn down in a glorious way

Jul 11, 2016 6:45 AM

May 2015
iRels said:
Keltrick said:

It really is though! It just blood and gore. There was absolutely no relevance to the over-arching plot other than the MC refusing to grow as a person, and an absolute lack of communication between his friends is the root cause of it all. And people praise his ignorance.

Umm. There was no plot holes and it wasn't 'hollow'. It has to be depicted for us to have a better understanding about what Subaru's going through.

no one said there was plot holes.
EDIT: nevermind I can't read
iRels said:
Keltrick said:

Someone that can't take honesty. You should've been thankful that the show has shown you so much. Unlike other anime that 'tone it down'.

having lots of violence doesn't make you good if it serves no purpose. This episode was simply an introduction to a laughable villain and gave Subaru's new arc goal padded with immense violence.
andreacabanalan said:

Yes, every single person who dislikes this show is simply a hipster trying to act special while actually liking it, not a single one of them actually has valid reasons to criticize or hate the show.
LeeNoriega said:

To me it was the best episode so far. If they didn't make the villain of the episode look like a clown some of the viewers would become walkting vegetables like Subaru after watching this episode.

I absolutely loved it and I love that even though Subaru keeps on repeating time over and over I still think that this anime's pretty diverse.

So basically, it's GAME OVER for him if he doesn't manage to save Emlia and everyone?

Nothing much happened this episode though. Subaru suffered, clown villains are introduced, Subaru has new arc goal. Nothing else that happened in the episode was truly relevant no matter how well it was cinematically presented.
-Rainy-Jul 11, 2016 6:51 AM
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 11, 2016 6:48 AM

Jul 2015
RainyRai said:

Oh my god, thank goodness I'm not the only one. No, I thought it was absolutely horrible. It was just absurd amounts of gore with absolutely no rhyme or reason. I'm absolutely disgusted with general populous praising it for nothing more than its sheer blood and horror value while forgetting the absolutely terrible plot holes...Oh my god those credits so cringy I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

It is one of the first quotes.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 11, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2015
kidlat020 said:

apparently the apple guy respawn is in episode 12. 3 episodes after the start of loop.

Jul 11, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2015
zerowaffles said:
Guys what if Emilia is truly the jealous witch and she's just trolling everyone and the reason she's immortal is because Subaru keeps coming back to life to save her.

how can she do that when she's dead in both ep1 and here? twice?

Jul 11, 2016 6:51 AM

Jul 2013
BEST Episode so far!
It was incredible))
Jul 11, 2016 6:51 AM

May 2015
Sometimes791 said:
RainyRai said:

Oh my god, thank goodness I'm not the only one. No, I thought it was absolutely horrible. It was just absurd amounts of gore with absolutely no rhyme or reason. I'm absolutely disgusted with general populous praising it for nothing more than its sheer blood and horror value while forgetting the absolutely terrible plot holes...Oh my god those credits so cringy I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

It is one of the first quotes.

Oh
Nevermind then
brb need to edit.
Jul 11, 2016 6:53 AM

May 2015
Keltrick said:
Ugh....Jesus...this show just went from a 4 to a -5/10. Christ.

I'm disgusted enough that people seem to think belligerent gore and ostentatious showings of insanity with gaping plot and a slew of plastic characters makes something "great" simply because it becomes indescribable; that very quality makes the whole damn steaming pile of shit of an anime nothing more than absurd nonsense; its derailed itself so hard I'm not even sure what the intent of the plot is anymore.

I think Rem's choices were the only things keeping me from out right laughing through the entire episode. Oh and the credits. I mean really? I was crying with laughter at the absurd "Wolf-Mother-Deity." Look, anyone who takes this show seriously really ought to reconsider their life values. It just so absolutely ridiculous. It's like watching Elfin Lied, except with more plot nonsense and a little less gore.

This is the new Mars of Destruction.

I thought we only had to worry about one no life hater, but then another one pops out of the woodwork.

Jul 11, 2016 6:53 AM

Jun 2010
I'm So Hyped for the Rest !! \(>O<)/ !!
I mean damn what an emotional heavy episode this was. Man i don't even have words .

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɢᴏᴇs ᴍᴀᴅ, ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴍᴀᴅɴᴇss ᴀs sᴀɴɪᴛʏ,
sɪɴᴄᴇ sᴀɴɪᴛʏ ɪs ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅɴᴇss ᴏɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs ᴛᴏ ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴏɴ

Jul 11, 2016 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
RainyRai said:
iRels said:

iRels said:

having lots of violence doesn't make you good if it serves no purpose. This episode was simply an introduction to a laughable villain and gave Subaru's new arc goal padded with immense violence.
andreacabanalan said:

Yes, every single person who dislikes this show is simply a hipster trying to act special while actually liking it, not a single one of them actually has valid reasons to criticize or hate the show.
LeeNoriega said:

Nothing much happened this episode though. Subaru suffered, clown villains are introduced, Subaru has new arc goal. Nothing else that happened in the episode was truly relevant no matter how well it was cinematically presented.

The Keltric user said plot holes. The suffering served a purpose. Of understanding what Subaru went through. Of understanding where he bases his hate from. So you wouldn't care for understanding the character's feelings? The villain isn't laughable in a bad way to me. The episode was relevant, yes. Subaru's learned more about the incident the first time. The second, he met the one responsible. Are you ignoring this?
Jul 11, 2016 6:59 AM
Jun 2016
I noticed that when Rem was asked by Crusch why she cared about Subaru so much, she said it was because he was special. Subaru said the same thing about Emilia when Julius asked why he was still arguing. I think that further along the way, Rem will show Subaru how to truly love and admire someone, because he is doing it wrong. And Rem is doing it totally right.
Jul 11, 2016 7:02 AM
Sep 2014
(C)@Mitrospeed From Kissanime Top Comment
Well what can I say. I actually felt sick after that one.
First off let me tell you something about the staff. Ever since episode 14 a new person is working on the script. It’s Umehara the author of Chaos;Child which is seen as one of the best sci-fi novels besides Steins;Gate. He was chosen by the author himself since according to Tappei his work is very similar to Re:Zero. Also this episode was supervised by the author himself which could explain the almost movie like feeling.
So they implemented the children scene afterwards. We can see how Subaru definitely planned to keep his ability "Return by death" as his joker but he can’t bear to see what happens to the people around him regardless of his ability. Even though he can jump back in time or into a new timeline every single person still has to suffer and this guilt crushes him. Another part that plays into this is that when Subaru walks through that village in episode 14 he couldn’t imagine Emilia to be dead because this would break him so he wished for someone else to be dead in her stead. Re-watch the last episode and listen closely. He says "Emi…" at first but then jumps over to Rem. He thinks he can take when Rem’s death rather than Emilia’s death. When his fear has become reality he can’t take it anymore. The guilt of thinking that way simply crushes him.
Then he finds Ram and Petra. Ram was protecting the children and died while doing so. Still it couldn’t save Petra from getting both of her eyes gouged out. At this point Subaru is just dead inside, he can’t even properly cry over their death anymore. At last we proceed to this staircase that leads into an iced room. A lot of cult members are frozen and eventually Subaru looses his fingers and one of his feet. It doesn’t take long until his lungs and entire body are frozen and he ceases to exist.
He returns by death…Then he realizes he isn’t actually blessed with the relief of death and when he sees Rem, Subaru just goes mental. He is now a drooling madman that laughs silently while he stares into the distance or on the ground.
An important information is that Felix actually despises people who have no will to live anymore. He refuses to heal them so even if he had the chance he would be against it until Crusch orders him to heal Subaru.
Anyway we get to hear Rem’s motivation which is basically a straight up confession. For why Crusch and Felix are surprised…well. Here is this servant who is in love with a drooling madman who on top of that is in love with the person her lord supports. They are surprised that Rem can be so calm and collected about her emotional situation. She doesn’t feel jealousy or envy, no she is just genuinely happy to spend time with him as we find out later in her monologue. A truly loyal girl…
Eventually it gets real when they are assaulted by the witch cult and we see that even the normal cultist certainly aren’t pushovers. They managed to overwhelm and kill both Rem and Ram. I love what Rem says. The witch cult took her reason to live by separating Ram’s horn and giving her this certain emotion that she felt guilt for her entire life and now they also take her reason to die. This shows us that she is willing to die for Subaru, she is seriously connected to him.
And then there is Betelgeuse. You may have realized it by now but he absolutely insane. It goes even so far that he sees Subaru’s insanity as something acted even though Subaru is clearly mental. He may come across as over the top but that’s the point. He is supposed to be like that and this has a good reason. Betelgeuse reveals many different things. First of he proclaims that he is the sin archbishop that represents Sloth. Sloth is indeed one of the 7 greater sins but there is something interesting about it. How can he represents Sloth when the 6 witches that represent the other 6 sins aside from envy are absorbed and dead? As we know Satella the witch of envy which is also a greater sin clearly absorbed them and they ceased to exist.
On top of that Betelgeuse addresses Subaru as "Pride" and he asks him why such a dense love hangs upon him. You have to know this so called „love“ is another meaning for the witch’s stench, it’s just that Betelgeuse refers to it as love. So Betelgeuse is clearly confused on why Subaru has this stench on him and also why he doesn’t have the Gospel with him.
He also doesn’t understand why Subaru is so loved despite not being insane like him. This could mean that usually only people who are insane like Betelgeuse have this stench on them. He also asks Subaru to "repay" this goodwill so clearly Betelgeuse sees this as something positive.
A lot of points are mentioned but they leave us in the dark for now so don’t worry you’re supposed to have many many ??? over your head.
At last Rem appears and well it’s heartbreaking. They made it as brutal as they could and I have to compliment them for it. Except the gore ( which was a given that it wouldn’t be on that level ) they nailed all the suffering. For a comparison. In the LN Betelgeuse proceeds to mutilate Rem’s corpse even further. He disjoints her shoulder, rips of her arm and one of her legs, he cuts of her ears, takes out an eye like Petra and at last rips her in two halvs. Since this anime addresses a broader audience anything more than twisting Rem’s neck and extremities would have been distasteful in my opinion. Besides it was Tappei himself that ordered that since he supervises this. They made the best out of it with all the Tv limitations.
Anyway. Seeing Rem getting slowly tortured snaps Subaru out of his insanity and he develops an unstoppable rage. Props to Subaru’s voice actor, I could feel the hatred. The crazy thing is Betelgeuse even says how this are the consequences of his doing, truly infuriating. Betelgeuse decides to leave Subaru since he still believes that „he will find the right way“ and eventually join them and that’s when Rem frees him with her last energy. This is heartbreaking whether your read it or watch it, damn…
After this Subaru slowly walks with Rem’s corpse through the village that is once again slaughtered and Ram who also tried to protect the children again. Subaru is surrounded by death…again.
That’s when this creature appears who is in fact Puck. We know that Puck uses ice magic, this creature clearly has fur like a beast and he says that Subaru should sleep along with his daughter. We know that Puck addressed Emilia as her daughter once so this also fits. Once again Re:Zero teaches us that nothing and no one is at he or she seems at first. And at last this creature also has a earring in its left ear.
I love how they let the credits roll along as Subaru’s corpse and his head slowly disappear under the snow.
Oh about the after credits scene. For some Subaru might come across as a bit "off". So let me get this straight. Subaru has seen all the people he got so familiar with over the span of many loops brutally murdered. This is the first time this average boy has seen a massacre like that. Then he finds the children he got even more connected with all slaughtered. He finds Ram killed while she protected another girl he grew close with. He then has his fingers and feet broken off until he completely freezes to death which must have felt like burning alive. He then is involved in a carriage crash. He is kidnapped and wakes up in front of a creepy madman who eats his own fingers. He has to watch how he kills his subordinate, licks his whole face, smashes his face into the wall which surely caused a concussion. And at last he has to watch how the one person that has always been loyal by his side fights for her and his life until she gets tortured and supposedly killed. Imagine watching a person you care about getting slaughtered like that in front of you eyes and you’re incapable of doing something. Then this person dies in your arms while confessing her love and as you’re once again walking through a whole massacre you get decapitated at the end. Subaru had to suffer through all that and every single aspect of that is because of Betelgeuse. I guess you can imagine the amount of hatred he has within him now. Subaru is now snapped back into reality and he is fueled by something. Rage, absolute rage which we can see in his face expression. The first step in his development has been done. Subaru now accepts the reality around him and he proceeds to do his best and not throw this reality away as something replaceable. But most of all he has 3 things now.
Determination. A goal. An enemy.
I’m sure the majority absolutely hate Betelgeuse now just like Subaru. Now we have to support our boy so that he can hopefully kill this madman for good.
Somu007Jul 11, 2016 7:09 AM
Jul 11, 2016 7:02 AM

Jan 2015
I heart shattered when Rem broke Subaru's chain. I was already holding back tears when Rem started to move towards Subaru with her broken arms and legs and just couldn't hold it in any longer after seeing her used her last ounce of strength to chant the spell which broke the chain.

The realization of how broken mentally Subaru was at that moment make me felt worse. No matter how damaged Subaru was, Rem insisted to save him even though there was no guarantee that he can act normally and live as what she has hoped for. Her dying wish of hoping Subaru to continue living made my heart ache so much....

After this episode, I have no doubt in my mind that Rem is the bestest waifu. PERIOD. Nothing can change my mind, no matter what happens down the road. Sorry Emilia.
I love animes!!!
Jul 11, 2016 7:04 AM

Jul 2015
@Somu007 Please put the name there. It should be Mitrospeed/@Fappa .
Jul 11, 2016 7:06 AM

May 2015
iRels said:
RainyRai said:

The Keltric user said plot holes. The suffering served a purpose. Of understanding what Subaru went through. Of understanding where he bases his hate from. So you wouldn't care for understanding the character's feelings? The villain isn't laughable in a bad way to me. The episode was relevant, yes. Subaru's learned more about the incident the first time. The second, he met the one responsible. Are you ignoring this?

>he said plot-holes
I noticed I can't read, edited my original post so yeah you're right here
>the suffering served a purpose, to show subaru's hate
Subaru was already going to hate the villains the moment he meet them, and then they shoved it in your face that Beejuiceis "craazzzzy" to illustrate this, which implies the death of everyone wasn't already enough.
Villain was laughable. He was too over the top to be a scary villain. The moment he was introduced he acts crazily violent, says super crazy things, makes crazy poses, does crazy shit, non-stop with no break. There's a limit to how over the top you can be before you get into the state of crazy.
Jul 11, 2016 7:06 AM
Sep 2014
Sorry I didn't get what you want to tell me ?
Jul 11, 2016 7:09 AM

Jul 2015
Somu007 said:
Sorry I didn't get what you want to tell me ?

Put the author of the comment before the essay. So the people know the original source (besides kissanime).
Jul 11, 2016 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
Bruta episodel, in every single way
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jul 11, 2016 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
lmao this shit was hilarious.

Some real fucking edgy shit fam.

But it gets worse ^_^.

Laughed so hard at the edge bishop/priest or w/e.

How can you take this shit seriously.
Jul 11, 2016 7:11 AM
Jun 2016
Ok, this episode is quite good but I'm a bit confuse on where the plot is heading right now.

Analysis of the show and questions???

The front part of the show continued what is left out on the episode 14. And then Subaru enters freezing room and freeze to death. OK, acceptable but why subaru's head breaks from the freezing lol... Fanservice gore huh??

So, Subaru revived and spaced out like he usually do. This time he freaks because he knows nothing and all his friends died. Nicely done + hug rem's waist +1

Then few scene later, his mind is broken?? sorry I wont buy that if his mind will break it should already break in the first few episode. Then Rem and Subaru is going go back to the mansion. That scene shows rem's feeling towards subaru +1.

They were attacked on their way back. EXPECTED. Subaru is taken as a prisoner. And then question time!!! Subaru the Pride of the witch? what does that even mean? Betelguese from the witch cult, looks like witch cult is a organiastion or something, since the color scheme of the man is quite similar to the shaman dog and gut hunter from the first few episode. after knowing betelguese represent the gluttony, looks like many people refer it to the 7 Deadly sins but it is impossible because Emilia the witch already consumed the other 6 sins already. So, I think it would be the 5 like FMA. We've already seen 3 so another 2 is coming.

Subaru is drooling madly. I think is pathetic. It would be better if he did this in the first few episode. Still I'm neutral about this tho, no hate nor love.

Rem is defeated and then her body is twisted. THis is quite well-done +1. Then after mad man leave she started to crall.. WTF?? her joints where twist lol how can she move? and she also WHISPERS???!!! Her head got turn 180 degree lol her windpipe should be twisted and unable to whisper. THis is so forced, convenience of the plot. I think it would be better for rem to sketch something on the ground instead of whisper to subaru.

About the villain althought the seiyyu is good, but... I'll stay neutral with this villian. Not quite good but not as bad as well

Then subaru takes her body back to their destination- MANSION!!! Suddenly, it snowed... WTHECK?? this doesn't happen before. Ram's body is at different place. then Okami appears, the best part of this show btw. Looking at earlier comments we can assume this is Puck. I can confirm it as well because the voice sounds similar to the voice in the ice room. If it's puck why puck kill subaru with insta-kill? i thought puck like subaru. Not sure how to react.

So in the end, it's question dumb. It's episode 15 man only 10 episode to go, stop the question dumb and do some info dumb on us. I dont think the show have answered any mystery yet for now. I quite worried how the will solve all the mystery in the rest of the episode.

thx for reading my essay. This episode is quite decent not the best but I'll not say it's the best. btw that eyes in the end, brings back some Sinbad no Bouken tense feel when Sinbad is determined on something.
Hardtime_ABCDEFJul 11, 2016 7:27 AM
Jul 11, 2016 7:12 AM
Sep 2014
Ok, I get it already just edited.
Jul 11, 2016 7:13 AM
Jun 2016
RainyRai said:
iRels said:

>he said plot-holes
I noticed I can't read, edited my original post so yeah you're right here
>the suffering served a purpose, to show subaru's hate
Subaru was already going to hate the villains the moment he meet them, and then they shoved it in your face that Beejuiceis "craazzzzy" to illustrate this, which implies the death of everyone wasn't already enough.
Villain was laughable. He was too over the top to be a scary villain. The moment he was introduced he acts crazily violent, says super crazy things, makes crazy poses, does crazy shit, non-stop with no break. There's a limit to how over the top you can be before you get into the state of crazy.

The witch cultists worship Satella (if that wasn't already obvious), what do you expect? Anyone who worships someone who almost destroyed the world is going to be beyond insane. The Archbishops are going to have a screw or two loose. From your end you may find it amusing, but if you ever met up with someone who was beyond insane and literally switched between a ruthless madman to caressing your eyeball, bending and contorting and showing no remorse when it comes to the death of those around them, you'd be scared shitless. He's a different type of insane, deal with it.
Jul 11, 2016 7:13 AM

Sep 2013
I admit there is a lot who like shows just because it has gore and violence. i myself don't like it when shows become senseless gore fest (eg: Blue seed, Akame ga or ange). But when they're done right they can make you feel the despair that the characters have. Re:zero is doing a great job at that. They are showing you a massacre by extremist, a massacres isn't exactly pretty because its done out of hate. if the studio didn't show me people dead right and left i wouldn't connect with the MC. that in my opinion isn't "senseless gore".
Jul 11, 2016 7:15 AM

May 2016
He was mid way freezing when he twisted his head.

The wind blowing knocked it off. Do y'all simply not notice these things or?
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Pages (42) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Apr 25, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.