Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2016 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
I'll just put this here.

Jun 27, 2016 2:48 AM
Apr 2016
How can Subaru not realize that he acts like a crazy person and that he's embarrassing Emilia. He's not helping her at all by making loud proclamations.
Jun 27, 2016 2:54 AM
Apr 2016
How non specific can Subaru explain his situation without it killing him.

He doesn't have to say that he respawns after death but can't he let someone know that there's a curse on him that's preventing him from saying what he wants? They already know that he has some curse.
Jun 27, 2016 2:58 AM
Apr 2016
crx07 said:
I really hate hearing LN/WN readers saying this episode is so bad because it is worse than the LN. As an anime-only, I have no problems at that. It would be boring for those who watched the anime and then bought the LN and read just the same thing as in the anime. It would be refreshing if more content are read than just everything in the LN is just in the anime.
I enjoyed the episode. Subaru deserved it. He thinks he is helping when he is not. He thinks what he is doing is the right way. No Subaru, the results are more important than the resolve in real life. If you have the resolve but cannot produce results, it's still trash.
If Emilia is the LN, Subaru is the anime. The adaptation sucks (accoriding to LN/WN readers), like Subaru.

There are times that he does act like a rational person and then times where he acts like a crazy person without thought about the consequences. He acts purely out of emotion and it hurts everyone around him. How can he not realize this. He's immortal and can respawn but they can't.
Jun 27, 2016 3:01 AM

Jan 2016
So three weeks have passed since the end of the last arc to the beginning of this arc? Reinhard said he found Felt a month ago, but Kefka should have defeated the demon dog in 4, 5 days after Subaru wakes up in the mansion. So basically, we missed three weeks of character development for Subaru and the twins/kefka/emilia. and he desperately needs it for emilia

man the council sure allowed a million interruptions. subaru's pretty stupid. really love how emilia didn't accept that he was doing things for her sake, and was actually doing things for his own sake. she's so much cooler now, instead of being a glorified trophy
FragOutFireJun 27, 2016 3:05 AM
Jun 27, 2016 3:03 AM

Jul 2013
hithummah said:
Out of all the candidates; the green hair chick looks the most promising. She so dignified and charming, and that uniform.
I approve this, man. Cannot wait to see more of her in the next episodes.
Jun 27, 2016 3:05 AM

Jul 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jc9622 said:
Hehe, this guy completely gets it. For the mean time, I think I'd rather read the discussions on reddit than MAL because most of the guys there understood what happened and why the MC was acting like that. In here, it's completely different. It's like they never went to college before.

No people understand why Subaru lost his shit but that doesn't make it justifiable or make his character likable. Like Ragix said in his post, people started warming up to his character but now we got another drama brought on by Subaru's own idiotic and selfish actions. Character Degradation right after some Development isn't really going to click with everyone. Being a possessive stalker + hero wannabe adds more negative points.

It would have worked if he at least tried to learn about things by himself (Arc 2 stuff happened because he got involved not because he tried to learn things by himself) or used his head a bit or worked towards mastering his powers or anything that showed that he is trying to LEARN about his situation by himself or learned something from his previous mistakes instead of going all Emilia-tan is my waifu crap.......PSTD isn't enough to justify his actions this episode.

Yeah, people act like those disliking this don't get why this is happening in terms of story.When in reality its not why, it is how that is complete bullshit.
Jun 27, 2016 3:08 AM

Jun 2015
I don't know what i want to talk in here. Just want to say. so hype
Jun 27, 2016 3:15 AM
Aug 2014
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=787965 :D It's like a summary for the episode feel free to check it out ^^
Jun 27, 2016 3:17 AM

Jun 2014
Subaru is a fucking dumb ass. Oh my god.
Hes such a shitty character. hes a shitty PERSON. LIKE HOLY SHIT SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I had to skip like 5 minutes of this episode because I couldn't stand to hear his voice anymore. I can't wait till he dies again. But theres no use because he will just come back.

This is the worst episode by far. worst and most uncomfortable.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 27, 2016 3:22 AM

Jan 2013
Being a beta white knight can only take you so far.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 27, 2016 3:24 AM

Sep 2013
Neromon said:
Subaru is the most annoying character in anything, ever. How anyone can stand him is beyond me.

lol if you can have shinji ikari as your favorite then anything is possible.

So basically people hate the MC because his flawed and rather have onii-sama running this show.
Jun 27, 2016 3:35 AM

Feb 2015
Fai said:
Sometimes791 said:

You're not supposed to feel sorry for him. The author wants to present him as an asshole with major flaws in this episode.

Then they should not have presented him as likeable and actually interesting character for 11 episodes.

This is like entirely different show now.

The point is that his mind is finally breaking. Of course he's different person in episode 13 as compared to episode 1; that's called character development. Believe me, I fucking hated Subaru this episode and thought he was overly-cringy in a Shinji Ikari type of way. But I understand that his mind is finally starting to fall apart and I can appreciate the writer using this as a bit of a wake-up call for him since he really has simply gotten lucky through 12 episodes- and he wants to try and take all the credit for it despite that? So long as he grows from this and doesn't fuck up this bad in the future then I think it's mission accomplished for this episode and what it's intended purpose is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 3:39 AM

Feb 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:

Hi, this message is to satisfy the BS character limit.

I feel like this sums up the episode better than any amount of writing could.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 3:44 AM

Jan 2016
CC9ers said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Hi, this message is to satisfy the BS character limit.

I feel like this sums up the episode better than any amount of writing could.

LMAO amazing, it's perfect
Jun 27, 2016 3:51 AM

Feb 2012
Subaru had it coming! Although he thinks he's doing it for Emilia, he just made her situation worse than it already is. He just humiliated Emilia by acting that way and just by representing her. He's totally obsessed with her. Can't really blame him though because he finally snapped after dying so many times, but boy was he freaking annoying this episode. If he just stayed put like what he promised her, he probably wouldn't be disowned.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 27, 2016 3:52 AM

Jul 2007
CC9ers said:
Fai said:

Then they should not have presented him as likeable and actually interesting character for 11 episodes.

This is like entirely different show now.

The point is that his mind is finally breaking.

Then show it. You know, teh same way the show actually did that in arc 2. Yet instead of that we get a face value scenes of Subaru being insufferable idiot.

Of course he's different person in episode 13 as compared to episode 1; that's called character development.

Which is not what I said.
Subaru in Episode 11 and SUbaru in Episode 12 are already COMPLETELY DIFFERENT people in terms of behavior and build up. In fact his behavior in Ep 12 and 13 completely contradicts what we saw in the first eleven episodes AND the plotline is literally a retread of what Subaru already overcame through arc 2.

That's not character development. That's multiple personality disorder.

But I understand that his mind is finally starting to fall apart and I can appreciate the writer using this as a bit of a wake-up call for him since he really has simply gotten lucky through 12 episodes- and he wants to try and take all the credit for it despite that? So long as he grows from this and doesn't fuck up this bad in the future then I think it's mission accomplished for this episode and what it's intended purpose is.

Except we are not shown Subaru being strained mentally damaged or suffering. We are shown over-confident delusional stalker making fool out of himself.

Look at arc 2 episodes - the way he is portrayed, voiced and the way camera focuses on obvious tells makes it obvious that he is faking it and that he is stressed out and breaking down.
In this its back to Arc1 portrayal where Subaru genuinely believed he is the hero(before his first death). There are absolutely no directorial clues in these two episodes that we should take his behavior at anything but face value.

What's more all of what we see here - he already overcame in arc 2. Why did we spent AN ENTIRE COUR on arc 2 having him undergo brilliant character growth IF we are going to reset it back and do it all over again, just with more cringe and less good writing?

The show literally erased an entire cour of characterization just so it can try to do exact same things again, but in worse quality.
AhenshihaelJun 27, 2016 3:57 AM
Jun 27, 2016 4:01 AM
Apr 2013
This is my first post ever, shows how i really like this anime. To be honest last episode was utter crap. Stuff what happened didn't have any connection in previous episodes, not a single hint. It was plot twist, which does not make any sense. One more episode like this and I'm going to drop this anime for good.
Jun 27, 2016 4:08 AM

Mar 2016
After the last 2 Episodes, I am very disappointed. I mean it just seemed choppy. Akame ga Kill 2.0 ( Anime ) is coming...
Jun 27, 2016 4:09 AM
May 2014
I really don't like this kind of character, who don't think before acting. He had something like 2 weeks and didn't try to learn to fight or use magic properly ? (arc 1 and 2 showed him that he is weak)
He had time to recompose with his feeling a little no ? To think, to rest, and to try to understand his whole situation.

I already thought that he was dumb to break his promise to Emilia last ep. Now on top of that he humiliate her.
Boy, just die and do it over again.
Jun 27, 2016 4:31 AM

Sep 2015
I'm starting to think roswaal bought him to this world.

The smiles and the quote "He seems to understand our world" or something along those lines. I don't think subaru has explained to anyone that he is not from this world and roswaal seemed to knows that?
Jun 27, 2016 4:34 AM

Nov 2014
Well, for such a grand and formal event, it sure was messy. And I guess it's just me, but all the palace scenes just feel so... rushed? Chaotic? I can't even find the right word, but all the scenes just didn't sit well with me.

Anyway, looks like Subaru has snapped again. He's so damn annoying and very, very immature ever since last week ep, but I think the aim of this ep is to show Subaru's ugly side. And boy didn't they do it right lol. I'm curious to see where all this mess will bring us to, and how Subaru will regain his composure again.

Still though, I'm a bit confused with his character now. I mean, how can you show that much of hostility to some guy who literally just talk with your crush (he did kiss her hand but even that wasn't that much of a big deal). And the thing is, he already stated his loyalty to that other priestess. I don't see why Subaru become so worked up about it, it kinda feel like he regressed after all the previous eps and that's... unsettling.
Jun 27, 2016 4:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ugh this episode is painful to watch....not because it's bad, it's just because of what Subaru did and what happened to him.

He....jealous much?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 27, 2016 4:38 AM

Dec 2015
Mezter said:
Welp, Subaru definitely deserved that. There is no doubt about that, although it looks really painful...

The new ED sounds good, I hope we get the visuals next episode; maybe a new OP next episode as well? :D

The fact that Emilia has her own ED...could this mean Rem could also have one?

Rem won't have her own ending because Emilia's ending is the second one and the last in the anime, even if they made a third ending i don't think it will be Rem"s voice because she's just a supporting character
Jun 27, 2016 4:41 AM

Mar 2015
hikiru said:
Mezter said:
Welp, Subaru definitely deserved that. There is no doubt about that, although it looks really painful...

The new ED sounds good, I hope we get the visuals next episode; maybe a new OP next episode as well? :D

The fact that Emilia has her own ED...could this mean Rem could also have one?

Rem won't have her own ending because Emilia's ending is the second one and the last in the anime, even if they made a third ending i don't think it will be Rem"s voice because she's just a supporting character

Rem is the only character other than Emilia to be listed in the CD soundtrack.

①「Stay Alive」 歌:エミリア(CV:高橋李依) [Emilia]
②「Wishing」 歌:レム(CV:水瀬いのり) [Rem]
③「ぼうやの夢よ」 歌:エミリア(CV:高橋李依) [Emilia's episode 7 insert ED song]

Source: http://re-zero-anime.jp/product/music.html

Look up daisanshou (third arc manga) in MAL, Rem is listed as main character.

Jun 27, 2016 4:44 AM

Jan 2014
You know, I read this Japanese review for the 3rd volume on Amazon, saying that they dropped the series cause they can't take any more of Subaru's suffering.

I now see what they're talking about...
Jun 27, 2016 4:45 AM

Dec 2013
RinFTW said:
Neromon said:
Subaru is the most annoying character in anything, ever. How anyone can stand him is beyond me.

lol if you can have shinji ikari as your favorite then anything is possible.

So basically people hate the MC because his flawed and rather have onii-sama running this show.

there's a difference between being flawed and being a fucking retard
Jun 27, 2016 4:52 AM

Mar 2016
Fai said:
CC9ers said:

The point is that his mind is finally breaking.

Then show it. You know, teh same way the show actually did that in arc 2. Yet instead of that we get a face value scenes of Subaru being insufferable idiot.

Of course he's different person in episode 13 as compared to episode 1; that's called character development.

Which is not what I said.
Subaru in Episode 11 and SUbaru in Episode 12 are already COMPLETELY DIFFERENT people in terms of behavior and build up. In fact his behavior in Ep 12 and 13 completely contradicts what we saw in the first eleven episodes AND the plotline is literally a retread of what Subaru already overcame through arc 2.

That's not character development. That's multiple personality disorder.

But I understand that his mind is finally starting to fall apart and I can appreciate the writer using this as a bit of a wake-up call for him since he really has simply gotten lucky through 12 episodes- and he wants to try and take all the credit for it despite that? So long as he grows from this and doesn't fuck up this bad in the future then I think it's mission accomplished for this episode and what it's intended purpose is.

Except we are not shown Subaru being strained mentally damaged or suffering. We are shown over-confident delusional stalker making fool out of himself.

Look at arc 2 episodes - the way he is portrayed, voiced and the way camera focuses on obvious tells makes it obvious that he is faking it and that he is stressed out and breaking down.
In this its back to Arc1 portrayal where Subaru genuinely believed he is the hero(before his first death). There are absolutely no directorial clues in these two episodes that we should take his behavior at anything but face value.

What's more all of what we see here - he already overcame in arc 2. Why did we spent AN ENTIRE COUR on arc 2 having him undergo brilliant character growth IF we are going to reset it back and do it all over again, just with more cringe and less good writing?

The show literally erased an entire cour of characterization just so it can try to do exact same things again, but in worse quality.

You act as if Subaru lost every single character development he got, when that's completely false. By now you should know, Subaru is a really emotional person. Him being told he can't be trusted by someone like Emilia is definitely going to break him, that's what love is, have you never fell in love before? Heck, I've been in a similar situation and I did as he did. That's realism.

Look back at ARC 1, he's been obsessed with Emilia ever since. That's the type of person he was, nothing has happened to make him change the way he was.

What did happen in ARC 2 though was something terrifying, he just wanted to live together with Emilia and work hard, but certain things happened with Rem, the witch's dogs etc. He tried getting a date with Emilia, that's all. Nothing in ARC 2 shows reasonable character development for love and being socially awkward. Instead we got to see him develop with knowledge and mentality and maybe other things.

What happened in Arc 2 - You want him to always stay in depression/suffer mode? That's not character development nor realism. What happened in arc 2 is development for THOSE type of things. You want him to always be on alert? Be stressed out etc. like he was in ARC 2? That's not realism, it's like telling a scientist to constantly act like a second grade school kid and he has to actually succeed at it for the rest of his life until he gets further development.

In ARC 3 so far, Subaru has been a complete idiot thinking he has a say in front of nobility, he didn't listen to Emilia when she told him to stay (Does he ever listen to what others say? He always acted on his own accord). If anything, all I can see what went wrong is him being a complete idiot in front of nobility, everything else was in character and none of his character development was lost.
Jun 27, 2016 4:53 AM

Dec 2015
DarklordVor said:
hikiru said:

Rem is the only character other than Emilia to be listed in the CD soundtrack.

①「Stay Alive」 歌:エミリア(CV:高橋李依) [Emilia]
②「Wishing」 歌:レム(CV:水瀬いのり) [Rem]
③「ぼうやの夢よ」 歌:エミリア(CV:高橋李依) [Emilia's episode 7 insert ED song]

Source: http://re-zero-anime.jp/product/music.html

Look up daisanshou (third arc manga) in MAL, Rem is listed as main character.

ohh
she's just a main character in the third arc
Jun 27, 2016 4:57 AM

May 2016
Rem is the main character of the show. It has been established since arc 2.

They dedicated an entire ARC to the twins for god's sake. An episode with Background info and everything.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 27, 2016 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
Man, I was hoping Subaru get killed so the stupid shit he done get erased.

Jun 27, 2016 5:02 AM

Sep 2015
Damn this episode is sooo heavy in my kokoro-chan.. Subaru WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE DOING!!
Jun 27, 2016 5:07 AM

Aug 2013
I've been loving every second of his anime, cant wait till it airs on Sundays, but something about this episode i really didn't like.

Didn't really like how Subaru, reacted, really didn't seem like him there.

He finally has won over Ram and Rem and now pushes away Emilia.
My Candies:
Jun 27, 2016 5:13 AM

Feb 2012
I hate how Subaru acts on everything, especially in this episode. He's never thinking about the current situation. Really annoying and frustrating.
Jun 27, 2016 5:19 AM

Mar 2016
I think Subaru's actions and reactions in these past two episodes can all be attributed to one thing: his inner insecurity and feeling of powerlessness are surfacing.

It doesn't help that Emilia seems to deny every opportunity for him to participate in her affairs. She's not at fault for doing so. After all, from her perspective, Subaru shouldn't have a reason to try so hard for her sake, and she also recognizes that the election is pretty much beyond Subaru's scope.

But Subaru's frustration is understandable as well. After all, he has worked so hard to get close to her and earn her trust, yet a lot of these efforts and experiences are known only to himself, so there's a discrepancy between how he is treated and how he feels he should be treated.

People also hate a lot on Subaru for his attitude toward Julius and the knights. I'm not going to defend him on this point (he does act pretty dumb at this point), but I'm going to attempt to explain what's going on in his head. People like Julius amplify his feelings of inferiority, and that sense of being an outsider that he dreads so much. From what we know of Subaru, let's just say that his life in Japan wasn't exactly a success story. All of a sudden he is transported to this fantasy world where he feels like he may finally be able to make a difference for a change, but here comes Julius: more powerful, good-looking, apparently on good terms with the girl he's fallen for, and worst of all, more relevant in the events he's being barred from participating in. There are certainly better ways to manage his emotions, but being the socially-awkward teenager that he is, Subaru acts in the only way he knows how.

The final scene with Emilia is just a culmination of him seeking a release for his pent-up negative emotions due to his inferiority, powerlessness and inability to make people understand him. Still very face-palm worthy, but to be expected from our flawed protagonist.
Jun 27, 2016 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
TeamDalaiLana said:

They dedicated an entire ARC to the twins for god's sake. An episode with Background info and everything.

One of the main characters. The third arc will focus mostly on her and Subaru, but later arcs will go back to Subaru and Emilia, with Rem still remaining an important character. Emilia's development is yet to come, along with her backstory. Unfortunately the anime will end with the third arc.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jun 27, 2016 5:23 AM

Apr 2014
if only subaru could just become a little bit stronger cause god i feel so bad for him not to mention how pathetic he acts around emila smh he does try to hard for her and imo not even worth it and this ep made me dislike emila even more than i already do i mean yeah i know she dont know of alot of it because of the resets and all but its just so frustrating so i can understand how subaru feels and why he's acting like he is

but anyway am so glad Felt is back and was awesome this ep, also need more Rem though
"one step at a time"
Jun 27, 2016 5:39 AM

Mar 2014
finally a fucking protagonist who have flaws , i just love Subaru
and well its about time , nice ppl eventually end up breaking and u can't really blame him
Jun 27, 2016 5:43 AM
Dec 2013
I've heard arc 3 is where many people dropped the series.
Despite what I want to think of Subaru, I can't help but think this part is the reason they did it.
Jun 27, 2016 5:44 AM
Jun 2016
Can someone (who is reading the LN) tell me if Subaru will become a bit more stronger in the next arcs ? Because it feels a bit weird to see him getting wrecked by pretty much everyone. I do like the concept, but still.. I'd like to see him kicking ass a bit more ! :D
Jun 27, 2016 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
Rilvo said:
Can someone (who is reading the LN) tell me if Subaru will become a bit more stronger in the next arcs ? Because it feels a bit weird to see him getting wrecked by pretty much everyone. I do like the concept, but still.. I'd like to see him kicking ass a bit more ! :D

I'll put it under the spoiler tag.

simonli2575 said:
I've heard arc 3 is where many people dropped the series.
Despite what I want to think of Subaru, I can't help but think this part is the reason they did it.

I don't think this is particularly relevant. The third arc is really sadistic compared to the first two. Many readers did not like the darker tone of this arc.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jun 27, 2016 5:52 AM
Jun 2016
Bernkastle said:
Rilvo said:

I'll put it under the spoiler tag.

Ok ok, thanks for the info ! :D Well, brave yourselves the struggle is going to be real...
Anyway he is already sort of "OP" as he can revive and re-do how many times he wants, even if it's painful, it is still one of the most broken ability if well-used :D
Jun 27, 2016 6:38 AM
Aug 2015
My reaction when watching this Ep. was like

In some moments it was srsly sooo hard to watch, still Ep. was pretty good.
ZivroxJun 27, 2016 6:42 AM
Jun 27, 2016 6:51 AM

Jul 2013
Zivrox said:
My reaction when watching this Ep. was like

In some moments it was srsly sooo hard to watch, still Ep. was pretty good.
That image can however define perfectly in what have became this subforum.
Jun 27, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2016
wow, i didn't expected that subaru will act this way.. it was so annoying.

i know that it was on purpose and for the sake of the story/ characters improvement,
but it made me a little angry and sad. this episode made me really hate subaru, i really
hope that they will change my feelings because this anime is a good one even though it got
the same concept of 3 or 4 other anime which i know about and already saw..

peace out!
Jun 27, 2016 7:01 AM

Jun 2008
Subaru is now officially the cunt of all protagonists.
Jun 27, 2016 7:07 AM

Nov 2012
I'll be honest and say I haven't been the biggest fan of this show, I find it somewhat overrated but tonight's episode was very good. It also hit close to home a bit as I've been thinking a lot about altruism lately. Is there really anything like a selfless act?

Even if you marry and devote your life to your family, let's say as opposed to being a ruthless career person, in the end, aren't both just going after what they desire?

The career person goes after the good feeling that money and power gives them.
The family man goes after the good feelings the relationships of family provide.

Even if you say, save a bird from being eaten by a cat, you do it for yourself to escape from the negative feeling associated with seeing a bird get killed by a cat.

Jun 27, 2016 7:15 AM
Aug 2011
Bernkastle said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

One of the main characters. The third arc will focus mostly on her and Subaru, but later arcs will go back to Subaru and Emilia, with Rem still remaining an important character. Emilia's development is yet to come, along with her backstory. Unfortunately the anime will end with the third arc.

Nice!Was hoping for some Rem x Subaru =)
Emilia is nice and all but I would like subaru to stop being this obsessed about her,cause we just seen in the last episode how bad it was for him,he need to cool down.
Jun 27, 2016 7:17 AM

Jul 2007
Dizzee said:
Subaru is now officially the cunt of all protagonists.

Still not as bad as human trash of School Days protagonist or anime-only FSN Shirou. Quite close to Shinji "Will whine at everything" Ikari, except unlike Shinji, Subaru has no reason to be that way.

Still in two episode he went ahead to fall down to be one of worst protagonists of season.
Jun 27, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2014
Fai said:

I have no idea how, but you manage to understand the character development of Arc 1 yet completely ignore the point of Arc 2 and 3. You simply cannot compare Arc 3 to Arc 2 and 1. It's just that different. In Arc 1 and 2 all the problems and goals that exist are there for Subaru and Subaru only given the circumstances. This in turn develops his personality of that of a destined protagonist on a fantasy story.

Now here's the important part, ARC 2 DOES NOT DESTROY THAT PERSONALITY.

The development of Arc 2 starts off with him finding out that he's in a loop. Obviously he starts investigates which leads to his first death and starts his line of thought "Is being an MC really that hard?" which leads to his happy go lucky attitude until he himself is sick of it. The part where he cries to Emilia? That doesn't mean that he accepted the fact reality is cruel and realizes that he's weak, no no no.... it only serves as a fact that he is unable to complete this arc as easy as Arc 1. He almost gave up thinking that he is unable to becomes the protagonist however all of those are overturned at the episode where he jumps off a cliff. He gained another motivation and the willingness to try harder HOWEVER this does not erased his MC mindset.

Arc 2 ended with him saving everyone. What about his character? He still never accepts reality. As a matter of fact he's even deeper to the "I'm the destined one" mindset especially after having Rem and Ram being indebted to him. It's clear as a fucking daylight. His line of thought forces him to think that every single problem of every single major character that he bonded with must've revolved around him.

Now what does Arc 3 does here is very VERY FUCKING SIMPLE. Arc 3 introduced reality. That's it. He entered Arc 3 thinking that all of these major events unfolding would involve him once again thus he decided to ignore Emilia's instruction and came to the palace but then he's hit with a simple twist; the politics, Emilia, the knights doesn't need him..... All of those "goals" in Arc 3 that were presented in Arc 3's first episode are created by Subaru's own mindset, completely different than in Arc 2 and 1 where it is given by the situations. This combined with the Witch's curse resulted in another breakdown, the difference is here however is that he now must accept the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him. It's so simple. You see, no one dies, there wasn't any major overturn that needs to be reset, no wars, no riots or catastrophe that he needs to save. That's the point of these 2 episodes, to serve as an introduction to the cruel reality of Subaru's new world in which that it doesn't actually differ much than the real world which is the fact that HE IS NOT IMPORTANT.

I tried to explain Subaru's growth in the most simplest form. If you still think that this episode STILL destroys Subaru's character growth in the last 2 arcs.... *sigh* whatever.

This thread is a disaster.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Pages (28) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

34 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:32 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.