Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2016 4:32 PM

May 2010
Vargr said:
Well, it wasn't exactly bad. But i think they should have kept the dark and gory atmosphere of the first season. That was what really carryed this show, not the comedy. Actually, seeing the cockroaches using a phone/computer is already comical enough. Also, it really killed the mood when they were fighting for their lives supposedly, and these little emotion bubles appeared.

6/10 with mild generosity, and because i really want to see where this all goes.

I agree with you but our generosity is wasted. I can not see this getting a season three...
Jun 26, 2016 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Worst anime adaptation for me in this season. Not just they skipped a lot of the story, the transition in the story is also amazingly bad. Why???? do they even bother. Sigh... and this is getting 3rd season. Please no. I rather stick with the manga. :(

Well if there is something I have to give credits for is the animation and the music. But the story is badly adapted and that kill the anime in whole.
Jun 26, 2016 9:55 PM

Aug 2012
Fate_warrior95 said:
Well, at least it ended, I was surprised when we got this particular frame, that's how it had to look the animation of all the episodes, god dammit! Not that trainwreck we got

We will never recover this season of the show.

Then we get animation like this:

Jun 26, 2016 10:38 PM

Apr 2012
really do hope there is a 3rd season so it dont just end with what looks like the most entertaning part of season 2
Jun 27, 2016 5:39 PM

Sep 2013
why did they have to stop when it's about to get to the best parts of the expedition..... this needs a 3rd season..... they have to animate what happens next..... they shoul've just made it into 2cour series and let it end once

here's some manga scans of what happens next

oh forgot to say fuck you joseph, you piece of sh*t.
death604Jun 27, 2016 6:15 PM
Jun 27, 2016 6:01 PM

Mar 2015
Strong implication of Season 3 right there, with bizarre use of suspense/slasher to show the Terra Formars coming to earth. Many open ends in this one but it was a fun watch throughout nonetheless. 7/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 28, 2016 12:57 PM

Oct 2011
what they are on Earth this whole time?
Jun 29, 2016 5:35 AM

Mar 2011
Finally over.

I really have no idea why I watched this, I didn't even like the first season...

I like the concept, but its done so poorly.

First season, here are some characters with no personality fighting these monsters, same premise of AOT basically. Monsters are similar too.

So what do they do to make us care about the characters? Well they give us a 20 second backstory of each character as they are about to die....

It is literally the worst way to develop characters.. I don't care about any of them.. in fact I don't remember their names they are just oh the crab guy, oh the poison girl etc.

So season 2. Ah what was the plot again? Oh right they need an antidote to save the earth? Well how can be spice things up, ah lets take out the interesting monster bugs and push them to the side lines and make the humans fight for
reasons...

Well i suppose even if the world was ending and everyone needed an antidote the nations would kill each other rather than work together for it. So it at least had a good moral, the real monsters are humanity.

But yeah they took series one which was horrible and boring characters and basically took out the only interesting part being the terraformers and put the focus on more humans with no personality.

Ah I really did enjoy the first episodes of the first series got me interested and maybe I was hoping the second would be better, but oh how I was wrong.

And that ending what? How why what? huh? what?

the immigrant bit was a funny brexit joke though.

Rant over.. ah.. Well my fault really, again not sure why i didn't drop it, but I got half way through and felt I should finish it.
TehWhiteTigerJun 29, 2016 5:48 AM
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 29, 2016 7:32 PM

Sep 2013
TehWhiteTiger said:
Finally over.

I really have no idea why I watched this, I didn't even like the first season...

First season, here are some characters with no personality fighting these monsters, same premise of AOT basically. Monsters are similar too.

So what do they do to make us care about the characters? Well they give us a 20 second backstory of each character as they are about to die....

It is literally the worst way to develop characters.. I don't care about any of them.. in fact I don't remember their names they are just oh the crab guy, oh the poison girl etc.

So season 2. Ah what was the plot again? Oh right they need an antidote to save the earth? Well how can be spice things up, ah lets take out the interesting monster bugs and push them to the side lines and make the humans fight for
reasons...

Well i suppose even if the world was ending and everyone needed an antidote the nations would kill each other rather than work together for it. So it at least had a good moral, the real monsters are humanity.

But yeah they took series one which was horrible and boring characters and basically took out the only interesting part being the terraformers and put the focus on more humans with no personality.

Ah I really did enjoy the first episodes of the first series got me interested and maybe I was hoping the second would be better, but oh how I was wrong.

Rant over.. ah.. Well my fault really, again not sure why i didn't drop it, but I got half way through and felt I should finish it.

when was it ever said that the world was ending? it was never said in the anime nor the manga... the roaches weren't even actually that big of a deal for the countries... what the other countries(hence the fighting) really want is to get "the first"(michelle), "the second"(akari), and
so they can study their body and develop a way to have 100% success rate in M.O operation potentially making an army of superhumans.... which puts that country ahead of the others....

also you have a weird taste of character..... for you a Mary Sue like character of Izayoi has substance in his character.... while the likes of adolf, and asimov have none?
death604Jun 29, 2016 8:42 PM
Jun 30, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2014
How is the ending terrible? This ending was far better than Season 1's ending. You all seriously did not expect an ending where it was all jolly and a cavalry arrives to save them and incarcerate No. 4 Division? If you all thought of that, you all are ridiculous. I knew it wasn't gonna get there and I think it ended beautifully. This gets an easy 8 from me because it had a terrible start but it went back to its roots as it progressed.

I am excited to see what happens next if this gets another season (in which I am hoping that it does).

Those Terra Formars getting to Earth is interesting. I can only assume that they made their own ship to get to Earth.

Okay season overall, but I hope that they drop some of the stuff that tries to make the whole anime lighter and just keep it dark since that is where it shines the best and fits in more.
Jul 1, 2016 12:57 AM

Oct 2015
now the terra formars have infiltrated earth, really! The endin of season 2 was cliche i am sorry to the writers.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2015
Underwhelming episode, the fight against the Terra Formars is still going. This may be implying for a 3rd season. 4/10

Jul 1, 2016 9:35 PM

May 2014
Fuck I enjoyed this season a lot than the first season.
I won't be surprised if there will be a 3rd season judging from the cliffhanger ending. But the art quality at the end with the couple...wth? lol
7.5/10
Jul 2, 2016 5:16 AM

Oct 2013
Clymenus said:
Dudes, we need to build a space wall to stop those illegal cockroaches
Animayham said:
This ending is terrible , anticlimactic. Terrible season, dip in animation quality and chibi bubble comedy felt out of place. Terraformers on earth just sees out of left field. Cheap writing allows the terraformars to always adapt very quickly and master human technology and behavior. We have them knowing to cover there face with scarfs, and now use computers and cellphones lol. This is absolutely terrible.

まかせとけ
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 2, 2016 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
Bheaze said:
まかせとけ

momak hoćeš batina
Jul 2, 2016 12:59 PM

Mar 2011
xso111 said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
Finally over.

reasons...

when was it ever said that the world was ending? it was never said in the anime nor the manga... the roaches weren't even actually that big of a deal for the countries... what the other countries(hence the fighting) really want is to get "the first"(michelle), "the second"(akari), and
so they can study their body and develop a way to have 100% success rate in M.O operation potentially making an army of superhumans.... which puts that country ahead of the others....

also you have a weird taste of character..... for you a Mary Sue like character of Izayoi has substance in his character.... while the likes of adolf, and asimov have none?

Ah my mistake then, perhaps not ending but they are trying to cure a virus or something. I forget to be honest.

And no I like Izayoi because he is badass. Holo I like because of her character. Whereas these characters have no interest to me.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 3, 2016 10:36 PM

Oct 2013
Clymenus said:
Bheaze said:
まかせとけ

momak hoćeš batina

wat
何     
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 4, 2016 8:16 AM

Dec 2007
I want more episodes, to make up for this G-rated mess..

Jul 4, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2012
A far weaker ending than what the first season had to offer and with actually in this second season having a huge lack of story development it does look like this will require two or so more season to actually finish the whole franchise.

But for some reason I doubt we'll actually see those, while the overall action was intense as hell as expected, the story development was still lacking.

All in all it was still pretty good, but I prefered the first season more.
Jul 5, 2016 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
She did well the horn whatever girl!
what the hell!? the bugs are already invaded the earth!? how did that happen??!?
4/5.
6/10

Jul 13, 2016 11:39 AM

Nov 2015
Well, that ending was not that good. Narwhal lady scenes were good in my opinion. Terra formars on earth, don't know how I feel about that, maybe it is just 'to much' now.

Overall, the first serie was better but I kept keep coming back to serie 2, because the serie made me curious about the future events and that's a essential part of an anime for me. The animation was way better in serie 1. It is a nice additional anime serie next to the really strong series I follow or are airing.

Overall 6/10, hoping for a follow-up.
Jul 24, 2016 12:06 PM
Jan 2012
I'd like another season, it was better than s1 in every way
Aug 1, 2016 8:28 AM

Dec 2010
My 2 cents:
- Season 1 was a bit similar to Gantz (the gore to be specific). Interesting concept with the human/bug ability crossovers. 8/10
- Bugs 2-hen was that what I was looking for when I started this show, because that's the part that I red of the manga and stopped reading right after the 20 year time skip. ;-) 9/10
- Season 2 on the other had made a shift to something more like Bleach. The Units = Divisions etc. Humans fighting Humans. More elaborate Roaches. Less gore. 8/10
Not the best anime I've ever watched but I endured worse then that. Kinda looking forward to a Season 3 so ... ;-)
Aug 24, 2016 7:16 AM

Oct 2013
Freaking terrible, the only reason I kept watching was because the fights were ok, zero fights in the last episode. Oh and btw they're on earth now, nevermind how, tune in for the next season to find out. Like there's gonna be a third season of this trainwreck?! Like I'd watch it if by some miracle there actually was a third season coming? lol, geez
Sep 17, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2007
Well the ending was hilarious, cant wait for season 3 lmao

Sep 26, 2016 5:23 AM

Jan 2012
first season was epic (lightning dude was GAR as hell)

2nd season sux donkey balls
Oct 12, 2016 11:15 AM
May 2013
The animation and the lack of huge amounts of blood downgraded this , except those I've enjoyed it.
The last scene was somehow hilarious and surprising .
I wouldn't mind another season/ova but please no more average animation .
Nov 15, 2016 2:25 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know about that Amelia but if I was her my message would be: "China betrayed us, they killed a lot of people. Fucking nuke their country and send us help", exactly this. Good thing Michelle was able to do it.

Also what's with the last part? I didn't think it would really happen but roaches on earth masquerading as illegal immigrants? Oh Trump won't like that. Also bunch of roaches wearing robes? and a sea on Mars? I'm calling it now this show is a parody. After 2 seasons they finally revealed it.

Dec 6, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
That Trump effect :

and R.I.P budget :

Lol at the terraformars invading Earth. This was exactly the part in the manga when I stopped giving a fuck about this series. Warning, it's only going to getting more retarded from here on out.

Animation and artstyle aside, of course this season was going to suck when you remove Adolf aka the best character of the series.
3/10
KashKetchumDec 6, 2016 3:41 PM
Dec 21, 2016 2:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This last episode was a dramatic, although but indigistible, too much borig sentimentality...then can contact with the earth in a three-way fight.

The ends, is a open final, and this is a other negative point, because we needs to know how continues, but i think i never, will know.

Last episode of this second season, and is a sorrow think how the plot of this second season is so bright if i compare with the first, that was dark and bloody, with more surprises and action.
This season we can watch the lifes and the characters, a little action and weak plot very comun :(

6/10.
Dec 31, 2016 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
What the fock did I just watch during the last 3 minutes? LMAO

Preferred the first season. I want more TF, but only if it's done right. It deserves to be treated better because Michelle F. Baby deserves to look perfect.

And this was how I ended 2016.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 14, 2019 8:57 AM
Jan 2017
what the creeepy ending,, im not sure ithat the people in mars complete their mission and back to earth ,, while the terra formars going to earth and study there,, wtf
Feb 14, 2019 8:57 AM
Jan 2017
what the creeepy ending,, im not sure ithat the people in mars complete their mission and back to earth ,, while the terra formars going to earth and study there,, wtf
Jul 2, 2019 7:33 AM
Nov 2016
Hey y'all, I've just finished the last ep and I'm so confused, i read some stuff and well i see we should wait for the 3 season, but i don't find anything about it and I'm wondering if anyone know something
Nov 10, 2020 7:52 AM
Jun 2019
When I saw the 1st episode I thought the whole season would be shit. Wasn't all as bad as I thought it would be actually. Where the animation failed to deliver compared to season 1 the story was okay and still engaging and so were most fights imo. The terraformars' design still sucks though compared to season 1. It's a shame though they cut it short just before leaving Mars
Nov 10, 2020 7:53 AM
Jun 2019
EVIK said:
Hey y'all, I've just finished the last ep and I'm so confused, i read some stuff and well i see we should wait for the 3 season, but i don't find anything about it and I'm wondering if anyone know something

I'll be reading the manga apparently it's more detailed than the anime and has the answers to everything and the abrupt ending of season 2
Jan 2, 2022 3:42 PM
Dec 2021
In my opinion, it was ok. greninja
Mar 15, 2022 3:09 AM

Dec 2018
this entire fucking season was about that stupid communications tower. 13 damn episodes about that stupid fucking tower that could have been handled in two episodes what the hell is this shit they took a good show with an interesting premise and dragged the shit out of a stupid fucking tower jesus.
May 6, 2022 4:42 PM
May 2022
When will be they release 3rd season
May 17, 2023 10:51 AM

May 2020
this season was at least better than s1
but both s1 and s2 just feel lacklustre
amazing concept though
also the cliff hanger ending is pretty nice
7/10 for this 

Mar 30, 6:29 PM

Dec 2022
How did the terraformars reach Earth? Or were they also there the entire time?

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

35 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

34 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

39 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.