Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »
Jun 23, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2012
Oh man Subaru is such a meddler lol. Emilia is damn cute and Takahashi Rie has the perfect voice for her. ^~^ I fucking called that Felt would be the 5th candidate when I saw Reinhard omg.
Jun 23, 2016 8:41 AM

Oct 2009
omg. lol Felt is the 5th candidate. Why does it feel like she's destined to be Queen? xD

Jun 23, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2016
Rem looks like she has taken a liking to Subaru. I hope I am correct, but this episode she's just way too damn cute.
currently in a state of denial
Jun 23, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
Man, I think I should have waited for all episodes to air before start watching it. 12 episodes was not enough, not even close...

Man, Im rootin' for Emilia even more now <3
Jun 23, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
This show has made me really cynical, I think. When all of the candidates were standing in front of the wise men, I thought for sure that they were going to be executed. XD I'm always expecting a worst-case scenario out of everything.

Also, that reveal at the end. :O I wasn't super surprised, but it was interesting. I'm curious to see where this will go.
Jun 23, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
Felt and Rom back with many new characters :)
Emilia finally told Subaru about what happened after he pass out back then - been waiting for this..... :P

♡ Rem and Subaru closer then ever ♡ .
NisxJun 23, 2016 1:23 PM
Jun 23, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2010
So predictable, a lot of bullshit interactions in this episode.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 23, 2016 1:19 PM
Jun 2016
I really hope there will be more of the twins behind Felt in the ending..
They looks so adorable ♥-♥
Jun 23, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2009
He didn't die, how disappointing.
Jun 23, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2010
v1talized said:
Rem looks like she has taken a liking to Subaru. I hope I am correct, but this episode she's just way too damn cute.

What? Episode 11 didn't clue you in? :p
Jun 23, 2016 11:11 PM

Nov 2011
maxz012989 said:
ernst said:
the start of another boring arc sigh. The beginning is fittingly shitty. I was told before arc3 will be good, I doubt it more now.

Holy shit you're right man! I should probably follow your example and judge a show's arc based on the first episode! You're a gad damn genius! Wow! Oh wait I forgot. I'm probably not that retarded yet.

What 1st episode? This is the 12th consecutive episode that is shit. If the all rest of the series already shown so far is shit, thinking the rest will be shit is expected.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 24, 2016 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
ernst said:
maxz012989 said:

Holy shit you're right man! I should probably follow your example and judge a show's arc based on the first episode! You're a gad damn genius! Wow! Oh wait I forgot. I'm probably not that retarded yet.

What 1st episode? This is the 12th consecutive episode that is shit. If the all rest of the series already shown so far is shit, thinking the rest will be shit is expected.

It not falling under your preference does not makes it bad. You thinking otherwise makes you appear retarded.

Don't you think you understand the show more than most of us. You understand it less than me, that haven't read the source. You're below me, that is below those that did. Yet you act like you do. And you call it 'sh*t' for the lack of arguments. It's pitiful. Anything you'd try to argue against, was already countered before. You've nothing.

Hah, you're even below those already trying to criticize it. They've already placed much more effort in it. Don't think your opinion is significant. You should know your place.
Jun 24, 2016 3:53 PM

Jan 2011
ernst said:
maxz012989 said:

He meant the first episode of a new arc.
Jun 25, 2016 7:19 AM

Jan 2013
Nice to see Felt relevant again, lol!
Jun 25, 2016 11:42 AM

Mar 2010
Well her return was foreshadowed.
Jun 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
I knew the best girl would arrive at some point, plus points for reminding me of Beatrice of the umineko vn, Pricsilla feels like a more immature version of Beato (not beako).
Jun 25, 2016 11:23 PM
Mar 2016
Judgment526 said:
GemHunter said:
All I'm thingking is "lol Emilia is SUPER jealous" and "that cat is a guy..."

Not so much jealous, but more like feeling betrayed.
u say that but I'm super right XD
Jun 26, 2016 7:02 AM

Dec 2015
Hey so when Subaru and EMT are holding hands and she's like I won't let you go cause 'the moment I look away you'll be doing something crazy' and its cuts to him riding a carriage with rem driving and he's shouting 'Im totally fantasising right now' etc
He then shouts 'parallel worlds rule' and thrusts his arm into the air but for some reason some of his jacket goes green and he's knocked off the carriage...what's that about?
Le vent se lève!...Il faut tenter de vivre!
Jun 26, 2016 7:26 AM
Apr 2015
Spikes_Swordfish said:
Hey so when Subaru and EMT are holding hands and she's like I won't let you go cause 'the moment I look away you'll be doing something crazy' and its cuts to him riding a carriage with rem driving and he's shouting 'Im totally fantasising right now' etc
He then shouts 'parallel worlds rule' and thrusts his arm into the air but for some reason some of his jacket goes green and he's knocked off the carriage...what's that about?
it was when they was on the way to the captial this is what emila meant when she said you will do crazy things if you'll be alone
Jun 26, 2016 7:44 AM

Mar 2009
Spikes_Swordfish said:

The carriage has a wind blessing that allows it to move quickly while keeping everyone onboard safe. Subaru reached out of range so it cut him off of that protection.
Jun 26, 2016 8:28 AM

Mar 2016
Winter_Firefly said:
Spikes_Swordfish said:

The carriage has a wind blessing that allows it to move quickly while keeping everyone onboard safe. Subaru reached out of range so it cut him off of that protection.

Not the carriage, the dragon that pulls the carriage. Its blessing negates air resistance and shields the dragon as well as the carriage from strong winds while the dragon is running. Subaru reaches outside the blessing's effective boundary and gets blown off the carriage as a result.
Jun 26, 2016 8:31 AM

Dec 2015
Prorewiel said:
it was when they was on the way to the captial this is what emila meant when she said you will do crazy things if you'll be alone
Winter_Firefly said:

Ah cool thanks I though it was something to do with him mentioning parallel worlds and getting 'witched' for it but that makes more sense (Y)
Le vent se lève!...Il faut tenter de vivre!
Jun 26, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
I know this episode was a setup for a new arc, but I was pretty bored through the whole thing. I liked the Felt reveal at the very end as well as the run-in with the 3 hoodlums, but otherwise it didn't really thrill me. Again, I know it's just setting the stage for the next story arc so I'll wait and see what happens next!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 26, 2016 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
Felt was the last candidate, no surprise.
Jun 27, 2016 11:27 AM

Apr 2015
Confusing episode tbh. I didn't get the selection at all and the queen shit.
Jun 29, 2016 6:41 AM

Jul 2008
Love the plot here, can't believe Felix is a guy :P he got me there haha :D

We know Subaru will start and probably end like a childish brat and to make him salty several times this episodes made him look even worst >.< I'm having trouble just watching him whenever he started acting like a kid...

Felt being the 5th candidate shouldn't come too much as a surprised seeing that Reinhard was the one who took her away last time and is also the one to announce that he has found the 5th.
Jun 30, 2016 3:26 AM
Jun 2015
This episode felt short. I wonder when will he die again.
Jun 30, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2015
New characters hmm. This episode felt refreshing.

Jun 30, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2009
Now that both Hocchan and Yukarin are here, this show is even better.
Jun 30, 2016 7:17 PM

Oct 2008
White Fox really does a lot of effort on each and every episode!
5/5!

Jul 2, 2016 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
... and now we can lock them all in a room and let them fight to the death...
Nah, I doubt it.

Subaru still annoys me, but this arc could be interesting with more Emilia content. No surprise Felt is a candidate (they hinted at it pretty strongly).
Jul 3, 2016 6:07 AM
Mar 2012
Nice big reunion, like most characters here, even the repeat thugs lol.
Back to cg capital. The cg is better than some of the 2d drawings. Nice bgs, fancy carriages & new character designs.
Subaru already met 3 candidates before. One reason why Emilia grounded him. Busybody would create a harem too big too fast.
Priscilla & Al nice designs. She explains her plot armor, or she's just Haruhi.
Original Reinhard & purple not-reinhard.
Uniform girl has Streetfighter Guile.
Prissy Illya got rich selling karaage with Kansai accent.
Dragon priestess = ruler? ok.
WTH Felt becomes Cinderella lol. Nope not obvious, thought Reinhard knows which faction Felt belonged to & had to imprison her.
Expected Bowel Hunter but she didn't come.
Al's voice is great, not sure if he competes with Reinhard.
Jul 6, 2016 3:59 PM

Sep 2014
bruh when that clearly superior dude moves in on your girl and there's nothing you can do about it......

priscilla is bangin doe
Jul 10, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2016
very refreshing indeed, Emilia in the cat-like hoodie is really cute, i want i girl like that ;_;
Lots of new characters, love the voice for Priscilla. was kinda unexpected to know Felix was a guy.. but been wondering if they where gonna make a girl-looking guy soon xD

So this happened too felt! uhuhu, well started think that when i heard there where five candidates but there only four standing there..
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 10, 2016 12:39 PM
Jun 2015
Mhh I'm so not happy with the situation between Emilia and Subaru. He lost her trust over his silly pride. Expected more of him. Having watched up to ep15 he fell quite a bit in my ranking over those episodes. Hope it gets better soon..
Jul 11, 2016 11:08 AM

Jun 2010
I love to see Reinhard again! <3
I wonder why Felt is a candidate aswell. Well, we're gonna hear that later.
I wonder who would fit to be a queen. For some reason I don't like Priscilla that much. I don't hate her either tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 6:55 PM
Apr 2016
I started a new series where Im going to discuss episodes in Re: Zero, I want make a place of everyone to share their thoughts and ideas about current episodes and future ones as well. Make sure to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE. Thanks for your support!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXzQtML6aRM
Jul 20, 2016 3:29 AM

May 2014
..........??!!!! 5/5
Aug 6, 2016 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
Kind of a meh-episode for me. Subaru is kinda annoying in this episode too with his persistence to be with Emilia all the time T____T And I thought he was being a little too rude and prude with people he has never met before. There are times when you should have some manners :/ I really hope Subaru won't continue to annoy me more in the coming episodes. It'd be such a pity especially since I've taken a liking to him so far

And of course it's Felt, that was pretty obvious. Ugh, not sure I'm looking forward to this. Somehow Felt annoys me and I dislike this character (so far anyways) :/ Darn and I thought we'd have Reinhard on Emilia's camp, i guess not.

Priscilla is an interesting character. The other 2 doesn't seem as interesting, but maybe we'd see more scenes with them. And i wonder if something happened between Emilia and Priscilla before? She somehow seemed really bothered with Subaru being near Priscilla

So there are 5 candidates, but earlier Emilia said she's 42nd to the throne? Does that mean that many members of the royal family died??

Hopefully this arc would develop in a better way than this episode
blue-yAug 6, 2016 9:12 AM
Aug 13, 2016 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
Priscilla pretty cool, I like her.
Well.. it was pretty obvious with Felt's case though.
I will not commnet on the trap wearing a dress last episode.. I never saw anything LOL.
Poor Subaru had the short end of the stick, he's totally out of place there.
Priscilla and Al combo are to me liking.. heheh.
Aug 13, 2016 7:41 AM

Jun 2012
All well and good for Felt to be the fifth candidate, but why? Why her, of all people? I'm sure it's gonna be explained soon enough, but right now it feels like something done to keep her character relevant to the plot, as if she wasn't one of the candidates I don't see how else she could be relevant. Also, it's pretty harsh that Emilia seems so incapable of trusting Subaru to not goof off or cause trouble or whatever she's worried about, but at least she's becoming more relevant again. Honestly though, I'm mostly curious about how this whole process ends up going south and when Subaru's new reset point is going to be.

A good episode, but it doesn't quite live up to the quality of the rest of the show and feels more methodical and slow than anything else. Then again, this episode is just starting an arc, introducing loads of new characters and setting events in motion, so that shouldn't really be a surprise. And either way, based on all the hype around this arc, it's only going to get better.

Also, it hasn't happened before now, but Subaru kinda irritated me at times this episode, particularly with his jealously over that random purple-haired knight (I'm assuming he's relevant later) kissing Emilia's hand. Surely he should be able to understand that such an act is a mere formality rather than anything of significance?
Aug 24, 2016 6:16 PM

Aug 2014
I do like plot twists, the Felt twist at the end of the episode was surprising and i think this episode is good, on par with the first three episodes.
Sep 11, 2016 3:27 PM

Sep 2014
Subaru's reaction when that guy kissed Emilia's hand lol ^^
Emilia clearly told him not to come there, Subaru pretty stupid this episode for no reason at all to be honest. Guess he will regret that soon.
Rem sure got attached to Subaru pretty fast /o/

Ferris looks adorable <3 *10 mins later*, it's actually a trap!! I regret nothing.
Priscilla looks interesting, wonder where she gets that confidence from..
Al seems like a pretty cool guy :o

Nice seeing the people from the first loop again and Felt is actually a candidate too, not that surprising considering how Reinhardt took her back then.

Pretty chill episode this time around, probably won't last though.
nerfxSep 11, 2016 3:30 PM
Sep 19, 2016 12:47 PM

Feb 2015
And the question I frequently ask myself: How did Hisoka get in this world and how'd he manage to disguise himself as Roswaal?
Sep 20, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2015
What happened? Why Felt is the 5th candidate?

Twins everywhere xD
Sep 20, 2016 1:07 PM

May 2012
Haha I had my suspicions! Pretty interesting ending I'd say :'D Good to see Felt again :p Looking forward to see what's next!
Sep 29, 2016 12:54 PM

Aug 2014
Motherfucking traps...at least the other cute girls in this show will compensate for this loss.

Well that certainly didn't take long for Subaru to use Rem to his benefits, plus she loves the idiot so she will gadly accept any request with a smile on her face.

No suprise here on Felt.
Oct 6, 2016 3:31 PM
Sep 2009
Well it was kinda obvious that Felt was someone important by how Reinhardt reacted, but I still don't understand why.

Also can't blame Emilia for not trusting Subaru, he proved to be quiet an idiot in lots of important situations. Even now he was close to messing things. Thankfully Reinhardt stepped in. Subaru can't control emotions.

People kinda blame Emilia for not trusting him but he is no better. Breaking a promise and coming to an extremely important meeting without invitation. Any silly move on his part could ruin things for Emilia forever.
Oct 22, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
Another dam trap, just fucking stop Japan.

So it looks like Reinhard took Felt for a good reason.
Nov 2, 2016 6:53 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa that cliffhanger at the end, totally didn't see that one coming!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2073 by AnimatedAddict »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2016

933 by AnimatedAddict »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1372 by AnimatedAddict »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

1170 by Lejy0nr »»
May 18, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

725 by motakku »»
May 17, 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.