Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 6, 2016 9:03 AM
Jun 2016
Hmm, It feels 50/50 at this point , having read this manga for so long a MC death doesn't seem apparent, especially when there have been deaths before in the series and they magically returned. Also the author does have a tendency of letting people think his characters are dead but then eventually they return. I see ppl compare him to musica from race master but musica didn't die, his lover did, also the lover was initially part of the bad guys so her death was more so fodder to make him stronger. No MC has died in this man's series, and I doubt that at he'll start doing it now, heck, I cant even see natsu being killed off and he's basically connected to main villian. It was touching to see gajeel x levy moments. Basically confirmed Canon now. So I actually hope he returns since I'm a sucker for romance.
Jun 6, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2007
apollo13z said:
Hmm, It feels 50/50 at this point , having read this manga for so long a MC death doesn't seem apparent, especially when there have been deaths before in the series and they magically returned. Also the author does have a tendency of letting people think his characters are dead but then eventually they return. I see ppl compare him to musica from race master but musica didn't die, his lover did, also the lover was initially part of the bad guys so her death was more so fodder to make him stronger. No MC has died in this man's series, and I doubt that at he'll start doing it now, heck, I cant even see natsu being killed off and he's basically connected to main villian. It was touching to see gajeel x levy moments. Basically confirmed Canon now. So I actually hope he returns since I'm a sucker for romance.

Also Rave master had actually competent writing in terms of threat level. And the situations of threat were not preceded by 50 chapters of everyone and their mother getting asspull saved.

Its narrative 101 - if you shit on consequences of death or harm, nobody will take possible death or harm seriously. The only way Mashima can shit on consequences more is to go DBZ level and introduce an actual afterlife people can port in and out of, thus reducing consequence of harm or death to literally "does this character have a halo now or not?!"
Jun 6, 2016 9:18 AM
Oct 2013
Fai said:

Also Rave master had actually competent writing in terms of threat level. And the situations of threat were not preceded by 50 chapters of everyone and their mother getting asspull saved.

Its narrative 101 - if you shit on consequences of death or harm, nobody will take possible death or harm seriously. The only way Mashima can shit on consequences more is to go DBZ level and introduce an actual afterlife people can port in and out of, thus reducing consequence of harm or death to literally "does this character have a halo now or not?!"

Rave Master had as many asspulls as your average Shounen, the difference was that they never overwhelmed the enemie into a oneshot ko.
If a character received a power up, it only evened the fight.

Though the series has it´s fair share of bullshit moments it was never this apparent with his fake deathflags and cheap copouts.
He also used to kill off important sidecharacters permanently which made the threat for the main cast seem genuinine even though the readers expected that he wouldn´t dare to kill off the main cast.

I wasn´t sure about this outcome at the end when i read the final chapters, Fairy Tail on the other hand already has blown it´s load. People don´t trust someone that keeps lying.

IsterioJun 6, 2016 9:22 AM
Jun 6, 2016 9:25 AM
Jun 2016
Fai said:
apollo13z said:

Ravemaster has an overall different feel compared to fairy tail. RM was his first work so he had to keep the story and the readers on their toes, fairy tale seems to be more of a lax story, even in dire peril everything has a silver lining. But like a said, no MC in mashima stories every died , the closest one in ravemaster was seighart but he wasn't a MC but rather a catalysts for the story to progress . Musicas lover also was initially Intoduced as a badgirl so her death was more so a boost for musica. Fairy tale is the typical shonen were the good guys triumph in the end so I'm sure gajeel will return. I kinda don't want him dead since to me he was one of the better characters in the series.
Jun 6, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
My idea on how Gajeel's 'death' is gonna go down....

He's gonna be reeeeally close to death but that old-hag-councillor will spirit-whack him back to the living side somehow and he's gonna surprise Acnologia's ass so bad it won't even be funny.

As if Gajeel will reach DF and die in two chapters...

Regading Mest.... dafuq dude? If I were Natsu I'd be like:
"August, he's all yours. This dipshit ain't worth even saving from you..."
*Mest ports out*
Jun 6, 2016 9:32 AM

Jun 2012
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Except that we can't see a body because Gajeel's body broke down into particles.

5/5 out of this chapter :D.
Nah, he'll absorb the magic barrier particles or become one with them or some crazy shit.

Give him 5 chapters... 10 tops.

Prob is that even if he does what I said above he's gonna really fuck up any intimate relationship with levy if his touch could be deadly to any mage.
Jun 6, 2016 9:49 AM
Jun 2016
Visitor #954545Today
I got a theory but I am just making a guess about Gajeel . Gajeel sorta died because his body became particles. Gildarts has the power to disassemble objects and resassemble object like he did with natsu when natsu became tiny versions of himself .So gildarts could save Gajeel
Jun 6, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2008
Mest you IDIOT!

Seeing Gajeel gone really pissed me off. Are we going to lose Juvia and Gray too? Come on, R.R. Martin of manga, make us ugly cry more, you bastard!
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 6, 2016 9:57 AM
Mar 2015
kevin_video said:
Mest you IDIOT!

Seeing Gajeel gone really pissed me off. Are we going to lose Juvia and Gray too? Come on, R.R. Martin of manga, make us ugly cry more, you bastard!

Gray is a main character, but if the pattern of his life holds up we already know juvia won't make it to the finale
Jun 6, 2016 10:06 AM

May 2014
Also wanted to throw in for all the people out there doubting Gajeel's death, I have a strong, STRONG feeling he really is dead since Achnologia said sensed his death and removed him from the count of remaining dragon slayers. Also if the rest of FT doesn't get animated I'm going to be so depressed because GaLe deserves nothing less than a fully animated, full soundtracked farewell. Also think it's SUPER important to note the Achnologia refers to them as "Dragons" and not dragon slayers, which probably means they have the power to turn into dragons like him. The Japanese are so articulate with word choice and what they say, so when Achnologia uses dragon to describe them it must mean something. I also would like to say I'm a bit disappointed that the next chapter isn't "The One Magic" because I was really hoping we were going to learn what "The One Magic" was from August/Eileen.
Ahoy_NATOJun 6, 2016 10:13 AM
Jun 6, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2007
Ahoy_NATO said:
Also wanted to throw in for all the people out there doubting Gajeel's death, I have a strong, STRONG feeling he really is dead since Achnologia said sensed his death and removed him from the count of remaining dragon slayers. Also if the rest of FT doesn't get animated I'm going to be so depressed because GaLe deserves nothing less than a fully animated, full soundtracked farewell. Also think it's SUPER important to note the Achnologia refers to them as "Dragons" and not dragon slayers, which probably means they have the power to turn into dragons like him. The Japanese are so articulate with word choice and what they say, so when Achnologia uses dragon to describe them it must mean something. I also would like to say I'm a bit disappointed that the next chapter isn't "The One Magic" because I was really hoping we were going to learn what "The One Magic" was from August/Eileen.

Not the first time someone senses somebody "dying" when it did not happen.
Not the first time an actual death is undone either.
Jun 6, 2016 10:21 AM
Nov 2015
Fai said:
Ahoy_NATO said:

Not the first time someone senses somebody "dying" when it did not happen.
Not the first time an actual death is undone either.

The DS's have very strong senses and Acnologia being as powerful as he is, probably has the greatest senses. Remember when he killed Serena he said 'Only seven remain' and now he says 'Only six remain'. So there's a very good chance Gajeel is dead.

Of course, I'm not denying the possibility that he could get revived later on in the manga but let's see for now.
Jun 6, 2016 10:25 AM
Aug 2015
trump54 said:
kevin_video said:
Mest you IDIOT!

Gray is a main character, but if the pattern of his life holds up we already know juvia won't make it to the finale

In my opinion Gajeel is alive in the underworld, but he may as well miss the rest of FT manga or appear at the end
Jun 6, 2016 10:28 AM
Nov 2015
KamiuftRain said:
trump54 said:

In my opinion Gajeel is alive in the underworld, but he may as well miss the rest of FT manga or appear at the end

There's no underworld until stated or shown. His body was broken down, he wasn't transported anywhere. We all know how metaphorical Bradman was.

How many times do I have to explain this to people -.-
Jun 6, 2016 10:29 AM
Oct 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:

The DS's have very strong senses and Acnologia being as powerful as he is, probably has the greatest senses. Remember when he killed Serena he said 'Only seven remain' and now he says 'Only six remain'. So there's a very good chance Gajeel is dead.

Of course, I'm not denying the possibility that he could get revived later on in the manga but let's see for now.

This is the biggest excuse in Shounen ever since Dragon Ball invented that "sensing" system.

Sesing someones death has been proven bullshit every single time since Cell extinguished Piccolos Ki. Not a single time in Shounen History was it proven to be true and the few times someone actually was dead, he got ressurected.
Jun 6, 2016 10:31 AM
Aug 2015
Chaos_Harbinger said:
KamiuftRain said:

There's no underworld until stated or shown. His body was broken down, he wasn't transported anywhere. We all know how metaphorical Bradman was.

How many times do I have to explain this to people -.-

Thats why i said its my opinion, its not a fact but a speculation, Gajeel and Levy are quite popular with the fanbase so i just said it wouldnt surprise me if this is a set up for another Gajeel spin-off
Jun 6, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
KamiuftRain said:
trump54 said:

You do realize there is a very simple solution to allow those kids to exist. Gajeel knocked Levy up the night before war
Jun 6, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
Isterio said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

This is the biggest excuse in Shounen ever since Dragon Ball invented that "sensing" system.

Sesing someones death has been proven bullshit every single time since Cell extinguished Piccolos Ki. Not a single time in Shounen History was it proven to be true and the few times someone actually was dead, he got ressurected.

Yuup.

Gajeel is coming back. The fact that this is FT makes it obvious too.
Jun 6, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
Gajeels dead w/ that sad good bye gonna miss him & so is natsu gonna pull some shit out of his ass & win this fight or is he gonna get destroyed & then saved

Fai said:
I hope he doesn't it'll make me start to dislike fairy tail
Jun 6, 2016 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
Isterio said:

Yuup.

If Mashima wanted, he could let Gajeel be dead, and that 'the fact that this is FT...' bit, is dumb. Personally I do think Gajeel will be brought back, how? Probably with Brandish's help, because it seems Gajeel's body was turned into particles, and her magic manipulates mass, so it won't be a asspull. Or he could stay dead. Also you're hyping up Tartaros too much, the fights were arguably the same as here, they followed the same patterns, and this arc had it's fair share of good moments.
Jun 6, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2007
metsujin said:

If Mashima wanted, he could let Gajeel be dead, and that 'the fact that this is FT...' bit, is dumb.

He COULD.
But so far literally everything in this arc points otherwise.

Personally I do think Gajeel will be brought back, how? Probably with Brandish's help, because it seems Gajeel's body was turned into particles, and her magic manipulates mass, so it won't be a asspull. Or he could stay dead.

Or Gildartz who can assemble and disasemble shit into particles.
Or any other randomly appearing character out of nowhere AKA how it happened with Urtear.

Also you're hyping up Tartaros too much, the fights were arguably the same as here, they followed the same patterns, and this arc had it's fair share of good moments.

Its all in the build up.

Tartaros used its build up phase to establish the Demon Gates as formidable and threatening villains and upset the status quo.

Spriggan arc spent time showing us Brandish barking like a dog, characters being oneshotted by Erza upon their introduction, One of strongest most hyped up characters getting oneshoted by acnologia seconds after appearance, one of badguys being defeated, LITERALLY, by fanservice, various consequences(from both this arc and tartaros, including one of the most emotional moments of Lucy's) being handwaved away by things coming up out of nowhere and a character literally coming back from the dead for a while via bullshit excuse to counter the enemy, while that enemy was too busy cutting people's clothes off for amusement instead of actual damage. Oh and Lucy's character storyline and mystery of her family literally ending to be an asspull for Nasu's sake.

All shonen manga use the same tropes. But how they are done and the build up is what matters.
AhenshihaelJun 6, 2016 11:08 AM
Jun 6, 2016 11:10 AM
Mar 2015
eilleen may be capable of barrier/sealing magic
Jun 6, 2016 11:22 AM

Apr 2016
Gajeel :( Honestly I think he might return, but I would like a damn good reason for it if that is the case.

Mest what the fuck man?

I never really cared much for him but this is not the way to protect the guild. You just made things worse.

Hopefully all the Hype about August will deliver, otherwise I'll be very dissapointed. Although at the same time I wanna see someone from Fairy tail go absolute berserk. You know I wanna see Gildartz come back and destroy everyone, give us fully-powered Gildartz.
Jun 6, 2016 11:29 AM
Jun 2016
i know everyone thinks gajeel is dead but what if Irene's magic is what will bring him back. i know that seems far fetched, but what if(going on what we've seen) when she turned the snowy area into a field of flowers, she concentrated the magic particles in the air into a form of life energy and heat, a "renewal" of sorts for the landscape. what if she could re-concentrate his particles for some reason? also can't levy do something with that, cause in the fairy tail universe, magic script is supposed to be pretty strong because its so adaptable and its strength is also magnified by its users power and the particles in the air(unlike the dragonslayers, who for some reason only gain power when they dragon-force or learn a new teq) can't she write something like "undo" for gajeel...not necessarily that but you all get what i mean
Jun 6, 2016 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
Fai said:

Or Gildartz who can assemble and disasemble shit into particles.
Or any other randomly appearing character out of nowhere AKA how it happened with Urtear.

There are things he can do that wouldn't seem like asspulls.

Tartaros used its build up phase to establish the Demon Gates as formidable and threatening villains and upset the status quo.

Spriggan arc spent time showing us Brandish barking like a dog, characters being oneshotted by Erza upon their introduction, One of strongest most hyped up characters getting oneshoted by acnologia seconds after appearance, one of badguys being defeated, LITERALLY, by fanservice, various consequences(from both this arc and tartaros, including one of the most emotional moments of Lucy's) being handwaved away by things coming up out of nowhere and a character literally coming back from the dead for a while via bullshit excuse to counter the enemy, while that enemy was too busy cutting people's clothes off for amusement instead of actual damage. Oh and Lucy's character storyline and mystery of her family literally ending to be an asspull for Nasu's sake.

All shonen manga use the same tropes. But how they are done and the build up is what matters.

Okay let's start with Tartaros:
- Jackal got defeated, tried to blow himself up, Happy saved them and didn't even get hurt by that explosion, and we all have to thank Afro Happy for that one;
- Fran... whatever his name was, had a interesting ability, however he was literally defeated by a giant rock;
- Seilah, cool design and all, was defeated by a sucker punch;
- Kyoka, 'she's Erza'.

The only fights that were decent, were Natsu vs. Jackal, up until the explossion bit, Gray vs. Silver. Lucy vs. Tartaros, Mard Geer vs. Natsu & Gray, Juvia vs. the necromancer (to some extend, still the dude got one shotted) and Acnologia vs. Igneel. Tartaros had great moments, but face it, the fights in Fairy Tail are not always the best, so it's only natural to comaplain.

Alvarez:

- Ajeel, got defeated by a canon blast, personally I wasn't that upset as the other people, because Erza was losing that fight... anyway;
- Brandish, I agree she's a really disappointing character, feels like Mashima gave her such a OP power, but with a shit personality;
- DiMaria, the whole thing with Ultear is somewhat debateable, if this has something to do with the stuff she did back in GMG, than it's okay, since she messed up the time flow, plus a God Slayer defeated a God Takeover;
- Wahl, again played in the Fairy Tail fashion, where the good guy pulls a strong spell the finsh the other;
- Jason, agree here too, was really disappointing;
- Neinheart, interesting ability, did some damage, however his defeat was underwhelming.
- Bradman, similar to the Laxus fight, but with consequences;
- God Serena, okay, this is a legit one, he was defeated by probably one of the strongest beings in the FT verse, granted I too wanted to see more of him in action, but it's a legit reason, wheter or not you feel salty about it.

So out of the fights so far, I disliked 3, Brandish was hardly a fight. Face it, you complain about this arc, but Tartaros the arc you hype up so much, had the same problems. The fights in Fairy Tail are not consistent. Some are cool/good, but that's it.
metsujinJun 6, 2016 11:39 AM
Jun 6, 2016 11:41 AM
Aug 2015
Darklight0303 said:
KamiuftRain said:

You do realize there is a very simple solution to allow those kids to exist. Gajeel knocked Levy up the night before war

You do realize that im not talking about the kids existing, obviously if i were to believe the spoilers from the light novel, we know that Levy is pregnant, i just said that the "kids" being shown in FT manga, may imply that Gajeel is on the "underground" or any other place, and he may not appear in the rest of the series or just appear at the end, so Gajeel can be brought back in a spinoff or in another arc (its just my guess that is going to be a spin off since FT apparently is almost ending
Jun 6, 2016 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
KamiuftRain said:
Darklight0303 said:

You do realize that im not talking about the kids existing, obviously if i were to believe the spoilers from the light novel, we know that Levy is pregnant, i just said that the "kids" being shown in FT manga, may imply that Gajeel is on the "underground" or any other place, and he may not appear in the rest of the series or just appear at the end, so Gajeel can be brought back in a spinoff or in another arc (its just my guess that is going to be a spin off since FT apparently is almost ending

That doesn't make any sense. If the kids can exist just by Levy being pregnant already, then it doesn't stand as evidence of Gajeel coming back at all.
Jun 6, 2016 12:18 PM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

So out of the fights so far, I disliked 3, Brandish was hardly a fight. Face it, you complain about this arc, but Tartaros the arc you hype up so much, had the same problems. The fights in Fairy Tail are not consistent. Some are cool/good, but that's it.

You have some legit points, if I may add, Tartaros had some of the darkest or most anticipated events in the series.

- The magic council got all killed.
- Wendy went Dragon force.
- The Dragons returned to the story solving many mysteries.
- Alot of parents died, something that´s absent from the story during this arc.
- We had a flashback for Mirajane and other less utilized characters that shined.
- The first actual timeskip was introduced.
- Civilians died and we got to see their terror.

Compared to how many casualties Tartaros had the Spiggan arc seems awfully tame. For examble, they could have killed off Sabretooth fodder, naming a few numbers would helped to imagine their lethality.

Bradman crucified people, yet they made jokes about Jenny´s panties instead of actually torturing the prisoners. Tartaros lacked humor something that´s missplaced way too often in this arc.
IsterioJun 6, 2016 12:24 PM
Jun 6, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
KamiuftRain said:

That doesn't make any sense. If the kids can exist just by Levy being pregnant already, then it doesn't stand as evidence of Gajeel coming back at all.

Agree Levy can be pregnant right now but it is not certain that Gajeel will come back.
If he won't come back to the end of the series then for 90% he won't come back at all
Jun 6, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2007
Ippo_Makunouchi said:

Hopefully all the Hype about August will deliver, otherwise I'll be very dissapointed. Although at the same time I wanna see someone from Fairy tail go absolute berserk. You know I wanna see Gildartz come back and destroy everyone, give us fully-powered Gildartz.

THey already foreshadowed via Mest that Lucy and Natsu got some offscreen power up. I would not be surprised if they fought via power of love and that way nakama-converted August who then would sacrifice himself to revive Gajeel. Gg.

metsujin said:
- Jackal got defeated, tried to blow himself up, Happy saved them and didn't even get hurt by that explosion, and we all have to thank Afro Happy for that one;

Natsu won the fight but lost the conflict. Jackal still showcased horrible destructive power AND survived. If anything those first scuffles showcased them as powerhouses - that even if FT WON they lost.

It was a hollow victory. Council - the body of control that was there since the start was destroyed. Laxus was poisoned. Natsu could not kill the opponent. All the losses were ont he ally side while the enemies achieved most of what they wanted to do.

Now how did we start Spriggan arc again? Oh right, FT won everything made Brandish their personal dog and then zero-casualty defended the town against A GIANT FRIGGIN ARMADA, while Erzaing ONE OF THE STRONGEST INIVIDUALS ON AN ENTIRE CONTINENT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO RIVAL THE FOUR GODS.

From mira. And it felt earned. And it had great build up via Mira's backstory and emotional pay off with them protecting each other.

- Kyoka, 'she's Erza'.

One of the only Erza wins that were somewhat acceptable since it happened midway through emotional pay off and relied on Erza already having survived horrible torture as a slave AND left lasting effect on her psyche. But yeah it was the only fight i disliked in that arc. Compared to Spriggan arc where there literally has not been even decent fight yet.

- Ajeel, got defeated by a canon blast, personally I wasn't that upset as the other people, because Erza was losing that fight... anyway;

He got blasted by a fodder and then got erza'd.
- DiMaria, the whole thing with Ultear is somewhat debateable, if this has something to do with the stuff she did back in GMG, than it's okay, since she messed up the time flow, plus a God Slayer defeated a God Takeover;

She literally spent time playing around cutting people's clothes off.

- Wahl, again played in the Fairy Tail fashion, where the good guy pulls a strong spell the finsh the other;

Again build up is hat matters. It did not feel earned and it erased c onsequence from tartaros.

What consequences? Lol
- God Serena, okay, this is a legit one, he was defeated by probably one of the strongest beings in the FT verse, granted I too wanted to see more of him in action, but it's a legit reason, wheter or not you feel salty about it.

A character randomly appearing for no reason at all is not "reasonable". This is same as if Zeref would appear 10 chapters earlier in Tartaros and oneshot everyone.
AhenshihaelJun 6, 2016 12:34 PM
Jun 6, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

You have some legit points, if I may add, Tartaros had some of the darkest or most anticipated events in the series.

- The magic council got all killed.
- Wendy went Dragon force.
- The Dragons returned to the story solving many mysteries.
- Alot of parents died, something that´s absent from the story during this arc.
- We had a flashback for Mirajane and other less utilized characters that shined.
- The first actual timeskip was introduced.
- Civilians died and we got to see their terror.

Compared to how many casualties Tartaros had the Spiggan arc seems awfully tame. For examble, they could have killed off Sabretooth fodder, naming a few numbers would helped to imagine their lethality.

Bradman crucified people, yet they made jokes about Jenny´s panties instead of actually torturing the prisoners. Tartaros lacked humor something that´s missplaced way too often in this arc.

It was a darker arc, indeed, my main complain is with all the fuss about the fights and BS of some certain fights, where every FT battle has this problem, so it's not only in this arc. So far, I do prefer Tartaros over Alvarez, mainly because of the things you pointed out, however it did have problems. If anything this current arc lacks more tension, there were some good parts, like with this chapter for example (not the end, because Mest is stupid), or Natsu confronting Zeref, Acnologia showing up, but that's not enough, more things are probably coming, Fairy Tail forces are pretty much tired out after this, and Zeref still got more people on his side. Also the lack of death in a war is... I'd say bad. More fodder should die.
Jun 6, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2013
Sayonara...Gajeel...T_T Oh poor Levy! First real Fatality in the War to Fairy Tail...he Really is Gone...and People thought that he would not Die in last Chapter...Surprise!! he Did die! Going to Miss him tough.

Elileen versus Acnologia..Starts!!!

MEST!!!!! O__O WTF DID YOU DO!?!?!?! ...This...will F**king sure turn Brandish back to Enemy!!! DON*T F**KING TELL ME AUGUST JUST GOT PWNED LIKE THAT!

...no....whew.....Good Job Mest...yoU just caused August to competently Massacre You guys...
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 6, 2016 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:

Natsu won the fight but lost the conflict. Jackal still showcased horrible destructive power AND survived. If anything those first scuffles showcased them as powerhouses - that even if FT WON they lost.

Really? Sorry but you of all people didn't dislike that outcome with Afro Happy? Really?

It was a hollow victory. Council - the body of control that was there since the start was destroyed. Laxus was poisoned. Natsu could not kill the opponent. All the losses were ont he ally side while the enemies achieved most of what they wanted to do.

Jackal's credibility lost major points when a cat survived a huge explosion, come on. Dark stuff, happened true, and Tartaros is still probably FT darkest arcs, but it had problems.

From mira. And it felt earned. And it had great build up via Mira's backstory and emotional pay off with them protecting each other.

It's a one shot, dude, you complained about that a lot in this arc. The stuff with Mira was good, but that doesn't justify the one shot, when Seilah did so much damage.

One of the only Erza wins that were somewhat acceptable since it happened midway through emotional pay off and relied on Erza already having survived horrible torture as a slave AND left lasting effect on her psyche. But yeah it was the only fight i disliked in that arc. Compared to Spriggan arc where there literally has not been even decent fight yet.

No, I'd say her fight with Azuma was more acceptable than this, stripped of all senses, and got up to defeat her opponent. She had the background for it, but it's still too stretched out, to base it just on that, plus Happy troll moment made it worse, and Kyouka had a upperhand.

So Erza needed help in a fight, for the first time, ever.

That was annoying, Mashima giving villains the same personalities, it's annoying.

What consequences? Lol

Gajeel, possibly staying dead lol

A character randomly appearing for no reason at all is not "reasonable". This is same as if Zeref would appear 10 chapters earlier in Tartaros and oneshot everyone.

Randomly? You forgot that chapter were Acnologia clearly said he'll take everything back, right before this war started? Really? The set up, we knew he was coming, we didn't knew when, and he seems to be taking out the Dragon Slayers, he might think they're a threat to him.

Look Tartaros is probably my favorite arc in Fairy Tail (so far), but by no means it's perfect, I summed it up, in that reply to Isterio, above.
Jun 6, 2016 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
KamiuftRain said:

Well....I hope that Gajeel did that with Levy so she has at least his child's to take care for...

and Personally hope that Gajeel actually is Dead...or then his revival will have to be some kind of absolute One time rare Spell or something...not something stupid asshat...but FT is Happy series...he might return..but after this somewhat Hope not...EVEN TOUGH I LIKE HIM A LOT!!! GAJEEEL!!!! T.T

Fai said:
Ippo_Makunouchi said:

THey already foreshadowed via Mest that Lucy and Natsu got some offscreen power up. I would not be surprised if they fought via power of love and that way nakama-converted August who then would sacrifice himself to revive Gajeel. Gg.

metsujin said:

Now how did we start Spriggan arc again? Oh right, FT won everything made Brandish their personal dog and then zero-casualty defended the town against A GIANT FRIGGIN ARMADA, while Erzaing ONE OF THE STRONGEST INIVIDUALS ON AN ENTIRE CONTINENT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO RIVAL THE FOUR GODS.

- Kyoka, 'she's Erza'.

Fai said:

Yeah..that fight was one of the OK...it was not just Erza that KO'ed THE Ajeel...if it had been just liek normal..Erza win after the Struggle...I would have been more annoyed..but Bisca and Azack blasted the fleet and Used the 2nd Shot seriously wound Ajeel. and it was just Erza's Finish..Mostly team work that match...and that left me OK
Fai said:

Again build up is hat matters. It did not feel earned and it erased c onsequence from tartaros.

What consequences? Lol

So Far 12 have not been up the Hype...and Bradman was supposed to be one of the Monstrous 6...well he took Gajeel with him...He at least made that match Tie...Gajeel won...but died by the Hands of Bradman too. It is up the EIleen and August to show if Sprrigan 12 were the truly the 12 Strongest of the World...tough now...It IS more like Strongest 2

Wahl...Seriously Stupid how Erza beat her former Opponents....Jellal was the On that kicked Wahl's ass with help of the Kagura...but still...

Tartaros Arc was Dark...but because seriously not even one Member of the FT Died...just civilians and Hated Council.....nobody gave a F**k...expect maybe when Lahar died.
Gajeel is one of the Favorite's and FT is supposed be happy story when compared to Mashima's other Story The Rave....
JarjaxleJun 6, 2016 1:12 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 6, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
dex_dash said:
Is there a place anyone I can recommend to see interesting response from this chapter?

Ryuma00 said:
Oh, he really mest things up

You really have to do this, you really have to, right...?

Mest, good grief Mest! you think you can kill him just like that in the first place?
Madao__ said:
Ryuma00 said:

This... this is just brilliant
FrozenRaider said:
Ryuma00 said:

I see what you did there.

Don't worry guys, Gajeel will come back one way or another.

Yes...he is mesting things Up and about....=p couldn't resist....

Jun 6, 2016 1:50 PM

Sep 2011
So, who wants to place bets on how many chapters till Gajeel comes back. I'm betting somewhere between thirty to forty from now.
Jun 6, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2007
Oh man, the only way I can imagine this manga being salvaged is if it is revealed that FT verse is literally the "universe before" from Rave and if everyone here ends up dying in horrifying way leading to Rave.

That would about redeem this manga. And would explain the next chapter's title.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
So, who wants to place bets on how many chapters till Gajeel comes back. I'm betting somewhere between thirty to forty from now.

10 at max. Depends on how long it takes for Mashima to explain how he will be brought back.
Or he will return next chapter via power of love and willpower.
Jun 6, 2016 2:03 PM

Jun 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Whenever it's roll call for the Dragon Slayers to face off against Acnologia
Jun 6, 2016 2:07 PM

Oct 2015
by the way, putting Zeref aside, did natsu ever get serious in a fight after the one year training ? i mean going all out and using his spells and flame lightning mode or even dragon force ? i hope we get to see that against august who's a formidable opponent and leaving END for zeref / Acnologia
Jun 6, 2016 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
Kaimon said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

So just so we are clear, Milf Erza is totally going the way of Serena, right? I expect her to be faceplanting the floor next week.
Jun 6, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2012
Fai said:
Kaimon said:

So just so we are clear, Milf Erza is totally going the way of Serena, right? I expect her to be faceplanting the floor next week.

Probably. Secondary characters in this manga only exist to job or make Fairy Tail look good
Jun 6, 2016 2:33 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Kaimon said:

Probably, Mashima wants to make Acne look big and strong after all. In other words, RIP MILF Erza. Maybe Mashima's next series will be that hardcore ecchi he clearly wants to write, then you can have more screentime.
Jun 6, 2016 2:38 PM
Apr 2016
Fai said:
Kaimon said:

Nope, she's not gonna get Serena'd cause she's Erza's mom; plot armour and asspull runs in the scarlet family.

But by all logic, Acnologia should once shot her casually since even August was blitzed by Acnologia and August>Eileen.

Still hate the random introduction of Eileen to make erza relevant again, suddenly she's near August's level without any build up ASSPULL at its finest
Jun 6, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2015
Facepalming at the people that wants Gajeel to come back. Really?

Just let the character have his honorable death. And never come back again.

But knowing Mashima Im sure he will bring Gajeel back again, but what it would be a shock is if he comes back at Alvarez's side.
Jun 6, 2016 3:36 PM

Dec 2013
Come on now, 488 chapters in and you guys still don't know that this is just Hiro's method to fully heal Gajeel from ingesting magic barrier particles?

Apparently reviving someone is easier than finding proper solution to heal.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 6, 2016 3:40 PM

Sep 2013
August will fire a beam that is really powerful because it's the most powerful magic then Natsu will eat it and punch him, CALLING IT!

Mest is shit, hope he dies and doesn't come back.

Better translation.
ichii_1Jun 6, 2016 3:47 PM
Jun 6, 2016 4:02 PM
Apr 2016
ichii_1 said:
August will fire a beam that is really powerful because it's the most powerful magic then Natsu will eat it and punch him, CALLING IT!

Mest is shit, hope he dies and doesn't come back.

Better translation.

Lol, where did you get that from?😂

Mest is shit for actually treating the war like a war? He did what he had to do since the negotiations were bound to fail
Jun 6, 2016 4:40 PM
Jan 2013
frostmourn said:

At least he tried, his hax is OP is used properly; mind controlled all ft members,even gildarts

Wait. He did manipulate Gildarts' memory too?
You have a point there. The error is either in Mest who didn't specify how to kill August (to be honest, the move was kinda bad) or Brandish who didn't know how to creatively use her power, I guess...
Jun 6, 2016 6:36 PM
Jun 2016
i pray for some END power for next chapter.

milf erza wont get one shotted coz u know, she's erzas mother.
Jun 6, 2016 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
Ippo_Makunouchi said:

Fai said:

It's bad I can see this happening..

Still expecting a great fight though. Hopefully. Maybe...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.