Forum Settings
Forums
Princess Jellyfish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2016 3:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Quite a chapter. I like how it uses the idea of jellyfish as an analogy for changes and transformations.

The answer to the marriage proposal felt rather ambiguous tbh.
Jun 5, 2016 5:56 AM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:

The answer to the marriage proposal felt rather ambiguous tbh.

Tsukimi just declined the proposal because, as she says, she hasn't done anything yet, she's too young and doesn't want to get married without having accomplished nothing. For her (and Kuranosuke) the priority is to focus on the project of Jellyfish, as she's growing along with it.
Sep 5, 2016 5:20 AM

Jul 2015
I'm a bit late to catch up but I really liked this chapter and I'm glad things played out like they did.
Jul 26, 2017 9:33 AM

Nov 2015
Once again Kuranoske being a jackass.
Tell him the ring (that she loved) was weird and that him confessing his love and wanting to marry her is creepy? DA HELL DUDE! Seriously such an asshole, let them be! Shuu is ready to give up everything to be with Tsukimi and I promise you couldnt say the same about Kuranoske who's in it for himself as he's always been.
Also this series is just crapping all over Shuu, Kuranoske is trying to take Tsukimi away and than his Father and Uncle dont think he's cut out to be a politician because he's got too good of a heart? But Kuranoske is, so take the love of his life and his career away from the dude and just hand it to Kuranoske who wouldnt appreciate either. Seriously messed up. Good people getting shit on.
Aug 7, 2017 8:53 PM

Sep 2015
I binged all 81 chapters just before the manga's last volume releases this month....

Um.

First of all I think Higashimura-sensei did a great job with everything that lead up to now. I feel bad for Shuu but that kind of first obsession love is good. Tsukimi rejected the proposal but I took it that she just needs more time to explore the new waters that have opened up to her. Of course, it did mean she indirectly chose Kuranosuke and Amamizukan over Shuu but it's great development. This time instead of declining marriage being seen as her running away, it's actually her resolve to do experience the unfamiliar but enchanting ocean Kuranosuke has opened up for her.

And I am hyped to see the designs the 'staff' come up with. Metamorphosis a go-go. I still hope to see Shuu and Tsukimi get a happy end together in the last volume still though because! technically that wasn't a complete rejection! They still like each other! (even if that re-development woman might try attacking again) Also I want to see Tsukimi achieve that wedding dress dream uwu
Sep 19, 2023 2:59 AM

Apr 2017
Good to see Tsukimi standing up for herself and asking to talk to Shuu alone (as she should). Kuranosuke is really overstepping.
Shuu was unusually sharp this time, and took Tsukimi by surprise with his comment about Kuranosuke.

There's no reason that Tsukimi and Shuu couldn't date for a few years and get engaged then, anyway. They're both inexperienced in various ways and they can take their time dating and growing as people. If they're still compatible, they can still get married years later. It's actually refreshing to see that both are learning to change: Tsukimi is learning to stand up for herself and speak her mind, and Shuu is learning that his old-fashioned plans are naive and that not everyone will (or should) go along with them without questioning.

It's also interesting to see how ruthless of a businessman Kai is. As a warning to everyone who thought he was a nice guy just because he took Tsukimi swimming in an infinity pool and fed her some curry (that was more his idea of having fun, anyway).

It's actually surprising to see how long it took Kuranosuke to think of going for cheaper, modular-type/transforming fashion pieces. Nisha is completely right: it's a miracle that the Jelly Fish brand has survived for so long considering how clueless they all are about business and the fashion market. The only thing keeping Jelly Fish afloat is the seemingly bottomless Koibuchi bank account; if they had to rely on their own hard-worked cash, they'd have gone out of business and into debt looong ago.
Pande91Sep 19, 2023 3:02 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuragehime Chapter 42 Discussion

charidabelle - Oct 20, 2011

4 by Safrichh »»
Yesterday, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kuragehime Chapter 41 Discussion

Yerocha - Oct 15, 2011

2 by Safrichh »»
Apr 24, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Kuragehime Chapter 40 Discussion

Safrichh - Apr 23

0 by Safrichh »»
Apr 23, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Kuragehime Chapter 39 Discussion

Zalost - May 24, 2011

8 by Safrichh »»
Apr 22, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Chapter 38 Discussion

stickymochi - May 22, 2011

12 by Safrichh »»
Apr 21, 2:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.