Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2016 6:53 AM
Feb 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Short summary until our usual translator anon translates every line.

Inside HQ:
- T-2 won 7-1-1. T-2 are high fiving.
- Tokieda commends T-2 for being able to follow through their plan to the end. This was like round 2.
- Izumi discusses T-2 approach of dealing with their "no one can score other than the ace" problem by not taking the "getting stronger myself to reduce the ace's burden" but rather the "let's make our ace EVEN stronger" approach, and thus the wires. Using wires is a good way to spend the limited trion.
- As Osamu hears that, he seems to just realize that Kitora was awesome (wow, he's so slow sometimes).

Outside HQ:
- Kitora hears T-2 7 point victory from Arashiyama and her phone and comments that of course T-2 will win because they are using their power to the fullest.
- Ninomiya also finds the result from his phone but only ponders "... hmmm..."

Inside HQ:
- Tokieda explains that Kakizaki team should have been able to defeat Yuuma 3 vs. 1 but the wires and sniper forced them to split their concentration. They decided to split out to suppress Amatori too late.
- Meanwhile Kakizaki apologizes for not abandoning the conservative strategy earlier. Tomoe defends him saying that even if they split, not knowing about the lead bullet will just cause the splinter to lose. Teruya tells him not to abandon the team's conservative fighting style. Ui suggests that they start small, from a 2-1 formation. (not sure about this part)
- Izumi praises Teruya's hard work to the point of forcing Chika to expose the lead hound. All T-2's future enemies should thank her.
- Meanwhile, Katori rampaging and the 2 supporting is Katori team's usual style, but this time Katori didn't have much chance to rampage. For good or bad, this team's performance is entirely driven by the captain's performance and she was doing badly today.
- Izumi asks Tokieda to explain the trick behind the red wires because he has no clue but Tokieda refuses for T-2's sake.

Viewing room
- Hyuse explains to Youtarou that Osamu has 3 wires, 1. striking red, 2. usual hard to see, and 3. even harder to see. For enemies who are used to seeing number 1 and 2, they won't notice number 3. If they take their time to notice number 3, then it's just what Osamu wanted because he was just turtling until Yuuma came back.
- Hyuse concludes that in a match between teams with not much power difference, it's obvious that the side that has better preparation wins.

Back to commentators
- Izumi also comes at the same conclusion. T-2 was better prepared, so they deserved to win.
- Sakurako brings up "Mantis", which is the skill that Yuuma used at the end. Created by Kageura, this skill connects 2 scorpions into a whip.
- Anyway, T-2 is B-4 now.
B-3 Ikoma
B-4 T-2
B-5 Ouji
B-6 Azuma
B-7 Suzunari
B-8 Yuba
B-9 Katori
B-10 Suwa
B-11 Arafune
B-12 Nasu
B-13 Kakizaki
B-14 Ebina

Katori's war room
- Katori throws a tantrum, claiming that she wants to quit Border. The more she loses, the more she hates herself.
- Somei tells her if she wants to quit, then do it. It's best that she does what she wants. But wouldn't she hates herself more if she quits Border?
- Miura thinks that T-2 pisses Katori off because she's jealous of them. But it's not too late for their team. Let's work hard like T-2, create a plan and win. It's not too late.
- But I'm bad at studying or working hard, Katori worries.
- Somei thinks that if she's frustrated, then that means she'll get stronger (because it means that she wants to change, referring to previous chapter that Somei said someone who's happy with herself won't change)

Back to viewing room
- Jin asks Hyuse's opinion of T-2.
- Well, they improve compared to last time
- That counts as a high praise for Jin. So Osamu will get busier in the future with the job of getting Hyuse into the team.

Comments:
- Geez, Teruya and Tomoe should stop being too nice to their captain. A little criticism goes a long way here.
- Meanwhile, Wakamura is useless other than whining. Even Miura is being better at motivating katori (this guy is surprisingly very mature in his wording - what a surprise for someone who has no personality before this chapter). So, what's his purpose in the team again? Even Tokieda and Izumi imply that the team is being carried up by Katori.
- So, Jin is making Osamu do the hard work of appealing to the higher ups for Hyuse's inclusion. Hehehe, perhaps Osamu will level up from just being villain in glasses in battle, to villain in glasses in office politics in the near future.
p-kunJun 2, 2016 7:01 AM
Jun 2, 2016 7:03 AM
Mar 2016
"So Osamu will get busier in the future with the job of getting Hyuse into the team."

I don't really know anything about japaneese, but couldn't it mean that he will be busier making strategies to fit him into a team instead of talking to officials to let him join border? I think Osamu doesn't really have enough influence in this way and it might be too farfetched?
Jun 2, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2013
p-kun said:
- As Osamu hears that, he seems to just realize that Kitora was awesome (wow, he's so slow sometimes).

- Kitora hears T-2 7 point victory from Arashiyama and her phone and comments that of course T-2 will win because they are using their power to the fullest.
I don't even have to wear shipping goggles for this.

- So, Jin is making Osamu do the hard work of appealing to the higher ups for Hyuse's inclusion. Hehehe, perhaps Osamu will level up from just being villain in glasses in battle, to villain in glasses in office politics in the near future.
Well, it is his duty as captain and all that :p

So it went exactly as we thought, not much progress. Since Yuba squad fell down next match might be with Ikoma and Ouji. I would be interested in seeing Suzunari again too.

Now for a few chapters of Osamu trying to get Hyuse on board. Exactly what we've been waiting for xD
Jun 2, 2016 7:18 AM

Dec 2015
Whoa if that was Katori doing badly than I pity those who see her on a good day. I'm a little sad that the commentator's didn't say much more about that team but at the same time, if even with all the curve balls that happen they only have that to say about Katori then it means they already have a high opinion of her and that strategy wise they did what they could.

Overall, everything was as expected of this chapter if maybe a little shorter. I would've liked to know the next opponents or maybe something of Osamu with Jin and/or Hyuse about Hyuse joining T-2.
Jun 2, 2016 7:44 AM
Aug 2015
LuzNight said:
Whoa if that was Katori doing badly than I pity those who see her on a good day. I'm a little sad that the commentator's didn't say much more about that team but at the same time, if even with all the curve balls that happen they only have that to say about Katori then it means they already have a high opinion of her and that strategy wise they did what they could.

Overall, everything was as expected of this chapter if maybe a little shorter. I would've liked to know the next opponents or maybe something of Osamu with Jin and/or Hyuse about Hyuse joining T-2.

I m more impressed by her weird behaviour. I thoutgh she was stronger than this mentally. Now i saw that she is easily broken, easy prey for a lot of characters.
Jun 2, 2016 8:07 AM

Dec 2015
Sedgewic said:

Now i saw that she is easily broken, easy prey for a lot of characters.

Not necessarily, she is in this state because of herself. She has a very large ego and for that reason she is her own worst ennemy but that also means that she doesn't think much of what anyone else has to say (except maybe Somei). There are many ways and reason to break down and only a few of those mean that you are ''weak'' mentally. This isn't Katori's first defeat, she reacted this way because it was the culmination of a lot of things. I don't see how someone could recreate a similar situation for their benefit...
Jun 2, 2016 8:07 AM
Feb 2016
As for the next round:
Ikoma VS T-2 VS *1 random top tier* VS Kageura/Ninomiya
Or
T-2 VS Kageura/Ninomiya VS *two random top tier*

I thinks it's good to always include either B1 or B2 in round 6 so that no one can argue that the winner of that match really deserved to be in top 2.
Jun 2, 2016 8:16 AM
Sep 2015
Tamakoma 2 reach 4th, wonder how 4 eyes can t Hyuse into his team.
Did Tamakoma 2 use all their trick?
Teruya and others is so kind for Kaki, also mean they held lots of respect in him.
Katori act like a retard last time now she is a big version of Youtaro, hehe.
Both team lost but won something.
Jun 2, 2016 8:16 AM
Sep 2015
LuzNight said:

it's her bad day because she couldn't score like usual (probably) because yuma and osamu's tactics made her almost powerless. tbh she was saved against that first lead bullet by miura. i don't think her performance was lacking due to her shortcomings. she's still a master class points wise and for those that don't know what happens in the squad room, they're more likely to judge her positively going by her stats. the other teams had nothing much to display.. t-2 dominated them through and through. so i can understand if the commentators had nothing to say. i mean they said all they had to during the match. the only stars of the show were the agents of t-2. with surprises after surprises.
Jun 2, 2016 8:17 AM
Aug 2015
LuzNight said:
Sedgewic said:

Now i saw that she is easily broken, easy prey for a lot of characters.

Not necessarily, she is in this state because of herself. She has a very large ego and for that reason she is her own worst ennemy but that also means that she doesn't think much of what anyone else has to say (except maybe Somei). There are many ways and reason to break down and only a few of those mean that you are ''weak'' mentally. This isn't Katori's first defeat, she reacted this way because it was the culmination of a lot of things. I don't see how someone could recreate a similar situation for their benefit...

Maybe, because we only saw her getting pissed off all the time or "lazying around". Her "pissed off" side can be taunted/provoked really easy as she thinks too highly or herself, so she wont back down provocations or challenge from someone she considers weaker (almost everyone, except the ones she may consider "the wall").

I m not saying she has little talent...on the contrary...she is remarked as one person with a lot of it and one that people has high expectations, but she isn't cool head...she needs to chill a little and think...she herself says that she isn't good at hardwork (one point that put down some comments that says she was working hard her on way...but that wasn't true) so she will change and hopefully be less spoiled
Jun 2, 2016 8:23 AM
Feb 2016
@p-kun 4chan anon already updated the spoiler :) http://pastebin.com/XCCb6k9y
Jun 2, 2016 8:29 AM

Dec 2015
Sedgewic said:
LuzNight said:

Maybe, because we only saw her getting pissed off all the time or "lazying around". Her "pissed off" side can be taunted/provoked really easy as she thinks too highly or herself, so she wont back down provocations or challenge from someone she considers weaker (almost everyone, except the ones she may consider "the wall").

I m not saying she has little talent...on the contrary...she is remarked as one person with a lot of it and one that people has high expectations, but she isn't cool head...she needs to chill a little and think...she herself says that she isn't good at hardwork (one point that put down some comments that says she was working hard her on way...but that wasn't true) so she will change and hopefully be less spoiled

Well being a hothead isn't the same as being weak mentally. As for being taunted/provoked... maybe... but I don't think would be that problematic. At the begining of this match she was very emotional and wanted to prove herself by defeating Yuma but as soon as Osamu started interfering she switched target to prioritize the match. Yes, she gets excited but I don't think it makes her loose focus on the match. As shown by Kakizaki and even Osamu in the past, thinking too much isn't a better answer. She has flaws but I don't think that being easy to manipulate is one of them.
Jun 2, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2013
Sedgewic said:
she herself says that she isn't good at hardwork (one point that put down some comments that says she was working hard her on way...but that wasn't true) so she will change and hopefully be less spoiled
I was one of the people who thought that.
I can be stubborn and claim what she means here is she doesn't have the patience to continue working hard after losing, so she still does work hard but quits as soon as she loses.

Anyway, when you think about it Katori is just like Konami since she relies on her instincts. And well, that's all I'm going to say so as to not spark another debate like that one time..
Jun 2, 2016 8:50 AM
Feb 2016
"Sakurako: Would the wire tactic start becoming fashionable after this battle...?"
lol! Sakurako read my mind XD...actually that's what I'm thinking after Osamu unleashed his spider wire tricks last chapter. Thanks to Izumi for answering that one :)

Ok, I'll try to decipher Ninomiya's reaction:
Ninomiya: ... (The first dot is for Osamu, then next dot is for Yuma, and the last one is for Chika)
Ninomiya: Hmm... (The first dot is his reaction about Chika's lead bullet, next is for Spider, and last dot is for Yuma's mantis.)
:p

Edit: after knowing and confirming that Kageura discovered/developed the mantis, I'm now curious if Jin (who help to create the the weapon) have cool hidden tricks in using scorpion.
-jdj888-Jun 2, 2016 9:01 AM
Jun 2, 2016 9:09 AM
May 2016
Botato said:
Sedgewic said:
she herself says that she isn't good at hardwork (one point that put down some comments that says she was working hard her on way...but that wasn't true) so she will change and hopefully be less spoiled
I was one of the people who thought that.
I can be stubborn and claim what she means here is she doesn't have the patience to continue working hard after losing, so she still does work hard but quits as soon as she loses.

Anyway, when you think about it Katori is just like Konami since she relies on her instincts. And well, that's all I'm going to say so as to not spark another debate like that one time..

Hopefully this won't be the last we'll see of Katori squad. I'd like to see them come back stronger and wiser.
Jun 2, 2016 9:53 AM
Aug 2015
"Next issue, conflict between Tamakoma Second and Hyuse?!"

Interesting... Maybe Hyuse will test T-2 somehow...

And yes, hopefully we will se more of Katori in the future...and a more mature one... She and Wakamura are pretty imature...and Age isn't a issua as a lot of young characters behaves better...
Jun 2, 2016 10:12 AM

Mar 2014
Katori's character was handled very well. I'm impressed.
Jun 2, 2016 10:56 AM
Aug 2015
Maybe there will be another galo attack were katori unit will fight. Galo saw them and "This would be easy if those guys were the best they got" and "They are probably just average"...so they may understimate them if they encounter in the battlefield

and be surprised.
Jun 2, 2016 11:02 AM

Nov 2013
Dues-aj said:
Agreed. I would even say she's going to become more likable from now on, despite giving the impression that she would be hated in her debut.
Jun 2, 2016 11:17 AM
Apr 2016
Botato said:
Dues-aj said:
Agreed. I would even say she's going to become more likable from now on, despite giving the impression that she would be hated in her debut.

I completely agree.

The backstory, and the tie-in from all parts of her story so far have managed to make her a lot more well rounded and likable.

She went from Arrogant, to just immature and childish, but in a goofy way. She really is the definition of a "lazy genius".

The "i don't need to practice" attitude can only get you so far, especially in a manga where the Main character is all about practicing and hard work!

At this point, her crying and quitting is more just exaggeration, frustration and pouting than it is serious.
Jun 2, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
Though I was more or less referring to alot of her anger and frustration being self targeted. Like Hana said, she's frustrated because she wants to change for the better, but she struggles with hard work. I feel this is the correct way to portray this type of character.
Jun 2, 2016 12:22 PM
Apr 2016
Dues-aj said:
Though I was more or less referring to alot of her anger and frustration being self targeted. Like Hana said, she's frustrated because she wants to change for the better, but she struggles with hard work. I feel this is the correct way to portray this type of character.

I don't disagree at all. She has trouble expressing herself, because she's so great at everything.

I mostly mean childish in that she "Acts out" rather than internalizing and trying to improve/become better (also because she is bad at it/doesn't know how).

I also really like that even after all of the frustration her team felt, they are still there to support her and it's clear that 1 loss, or even a series of losses, won't get them down.
Jun 2, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2015
Dues-aj said:

Mmmm, yes yes. I agree
Jun 2, 2016 2:29 PM
May 2016
Osamu's got his work cut out for him. Hyuse doesn't seem overly impressed by the results. Osamu's gotta convince Hyuse to join and then convince the brass it's acceptable to let a POW become a Border agent.
Jun 2, 2016 3:57 PM
Apr 2016
iKlinex said:
Osamu's got his work cut out for him. Hyuse doesn't seem overly impressed by the results. Osamu's gotta convince Hyuse to join and then convince the brass it's acceptable to let a POW become a Border agent.

I think convincing Border, Osamu will have help from Jin.

Jin made the bet with Hyuse, and Hyuse won. He's now made a request from Jin to ensure he gets back to Aftokrator and this is Jin's method, so I'm sure he'll have a hand in it.

But I'm very interested to see the team dynamics with Hyuse on the team. He's been a very quiet team member, so we don't know a lot about him, but he's very serious. Quite different from the current membership already. I fully expect there to be a clash, especially between Hyuse and Osamu. Hyuse doesn't seem to be someone who will respect a "weak" person. But knowing so much about Hyuse, it's hard to say which direction things will go once he joins.
Jun 2, 2016 9:06 PM
Jun 2016
As Commentator tokieda much like azuma but slightly different and i think izumi realize that haha
Jun 2, 2016 11:10 PM

Feb 2015
So, I just got this thought.

Mantis is used up 2 scorpion, isn't it?
While Yuma can do mantis like Kage, but Kage can do what Yuma can't with mantis.

I wonder why Yuma wasn't using mantis when facing Kakizaki, but that's because he was facing a gunner user. So he needs a shield.
Then, Kage has a side effect. He can feel when someone want to attack him. So he can use mantis freely, until he felt someone want to attack him, then using shield or other things to defend.
On the other hand, when Yuma is using mantis, he is defenseless. So I guess he can only use it in attacker battle situation.

Please correct me if there's mistake.
Jun 3, 2016 2:07 AM
Oct 2015
Thanks p-kun. And thanks -jdj888- too

Well, it was a total victory to T-2, but it was more close than it seems. T-2 made a risky strategy where they became the prioritary enemies for the other teams, and it could have been a disater for T-2. But they need all the points they can get to continue dreaming with Border incursion. As comentators said, the critical point of this match was the new strategies and triggers of T-2.

-jdj888- said:
As for the next round:
Ikoma VS T-2 VS *1 random top tier* VS Kageura/Ninomiya
Or
T-2 VS Kageura/Ninomiya VS *two random top tier*

I thinks it's good to always include either B1 or B2 in round 6 so that no one can argue that the winner of that match really deserved to be in top 2.

Well, the best for T-2 (maybe not the best for the reader) is to aim to B-2. For that, the best would be Kageura unit have 3-side battle (less points in game), and Kageura's team are with a team that it can steal a lot of points in this battle (Minomiya unit)
After I saw the round, I think T-2 can get enough points even if Hyuse doesn't join in round 6 if they don't face against Mino unit or Kageura unit. But probably T-2 need to get a new tricks. Something like teleporter to Chika and chameleon to Yuma (combined with Osamu's spider can be a very good choice).
Apart from other considerations, It would be nice that Original T-2 can gain the right to face A-teams.

aditriz said:
So, I just got this thought.

Mantis is used up 2 scorpion, isn't it?
While Yuma can do mantis like Kage, but Kage can do what Yuma can't with mantis.

I wonder why Yuma wasn't using mantis when facing Kakizaki, but that's because he was facing a gunner user. So he needs a shield.
Then, Kage has a side effect. He can feel when someone want to attack him. So he can use mantis freely, until he felt someone want to attack him, then using shield or other things to defend.
On the other hand, when Yuma is using mantis, he is defenseless. So I guess he can only use it in attacker battle situation.

Please correct me if there's mistake.

I suspected something like this. Now I have a bit douth, Is Mantis a tecnique (As mole claw) or a composite trigger?

About Katori.
She always had a good results without effort, but now it doesn't happen more. Her team, a former high B-team, has got the second defeat consecutive against inferior middle b-team. She is enough smart to know that she need to change something, but it is not so easy to change an old attitude. That's why she is frustrated. I think this is the wall of this team. In the end, the strengh of her desire will decide if she can break her comfort circle. It isn't not only the Katori's problem, is a trouble of every teammates who are accustomed that Katori solve all their problems.
OneCommentaryJun 3, 2016 2:15 AM
Jun 3, 2016 4:14 PM

Mar 2014
Korean scans are slow this week
Jun 3, 2016 7:25 PM
May 2016
OneCommentary said:
I suspected something like this. Now I have a bit douth, Is Mantis a tecnique (As mole claw) or a composite trigger?

It's most likely a technique considering the flexibility of Scorpion. It would quite odd if it was composite trigger which would also imply that there is time needed to fuse two scorpions together. In the previous chapter, Yuma quickly and fluidly shot out Mantis, not fusing his Scorpions together then attacking
Jun 4, 2016 6:33 AM
Jun 4, 2016 6:51 AM
Feb 2016
Thank you! After how many times I refresh mangamint for updates...yay! :D
Jun 4, 2016 9:19 AM
Sep 2015
Wonder why World trigger raw comes too late?
Jun 4, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2012
I think this was already explained and I just forgot, but when Hyuse joins will Osamu no longer be able to fight in the field or are 4 man teams allowed?
Jun 4, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
animefan8800 said:
I think this was already explained and I just forgot, but when Hyuse joins will Osamu no longer be able to fight in the field or are 4 man teams allowed?
There's no rule stating only 3 people are allowed to fight, so they will most likely fight with 4 people.

It's the most logical assumption anyway.
Jun 4, 2016 1:51 PM
Sep 2009
jin lost his left eye somehow between Panel 1 and Panel 2 of the last Site
Jun 4, 2016 2:02 PM
Aug 2012
Well if only 2 people are allowed to fight, why not 4?

Also i think it's stated that there is no rule against 4 people participating........probably in Jin's recruitment attempt chapter.

Jun 4, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2012
Botato said:
animefan8800 said:
There's no rule stating only 3 people are allowed to fight, so they will most likely fight with 4 people.

It's the most logical assumption anyway.

As I thought, thanks.
Jun 5, 2016 10:12 AM

Dec 2015
I really really wanted to find who the next match was going to be against, but we didn't :(

So ever since I have been raking my brain and re-reading all the chapters to try to figure out some kind of pattern or clue as to how many matches are left or what team we might see next.

Here is what we know for sure about how many matches left:

-Both Nasu (after round 3) and Osamu (after round 4) have said that there were ''few'' matches left.
-There are matches on every saturday and wednesday. Except that every other week you have a break on wednesday.
-So far we had a match on Feb 1,5,8. Then a break. Then a match on the 15 and 19. According to a schedule shown by Usami there is one coming on the 22 (next round) and also a break on the 26.

With a scheduled break on the 26 we can assume there is at least another match after, I would guess a maximum of 3 because with more match coming up than passed Nasu and Osamu need to review their definition of ''few''.

I love the rank wars but at this point I was hoping we would get some kind of fastforward but that hope died when Yuba squad fell off the upper bracket last chapter. Why? Because Ashihara seems determined to have T-2 face every team and now that Yuba squad (one of the 3 teams left to discover) is out of T-2's bracket we are sure thay won't be in the next match or even the last one because they are not strong enough. So they will probably rise back up next match and we will see them in two rounds. Soooooo, we have at LEAST 3 matches left to witness in their integrity -__-

I doubt Ashihara will ever give us a match shorter than 4 chapters so I just pray he will keep the in-between chapters REAAAALLY minimal.
Jun 5, 2016 11:58 AM

Sep 2013
Yuma always copies people's moves, so I bet he will use Kakizaki's suicide move as his next tactic and take out someone with him when he knows he's done for.
"grabs 1 or 2 people then turns into a scorpion hedgehog filling them with holes"

Wire gradation trick and Katori-chan crying out of frustration :'(
Jun 5, 2016 3:44 PM

Mar 2014
LuzNight said:
I really really wanted to find who the next match was going to be against, but we didn't :(

So ever since I have been raking my brain and re-reading all the chapters to try to figure out some kind of pattern or clue as to how many matches are left or what team we might see next.

Here is what we know for sure about how many matches left:

-Both Nasu (after round 3) and Osamu (after round 4) have said that there were ''few'' matches left.
-There are matches on every saturday and wednesday. Except that every other week you have a break on wednesday.
-So far we had a match on Feb 1,5,8. Then a break. Then a match on the 15 and 19. According to a schedule shown by Usami there is one coming on the 22 (next round) and also a break on the 26.

With a scheduled break on the 26 we can assume there is at least another match after, I would guess a maximum of 3 because with more match coming up than passed Nasu and Osamu need to review their definition of ''few''.

I love the rank wars but at this point I was hoping we would get some kind of fastforward but that hope died when Yuba squad fell off the upper bracket last chapter. Why? Because Ashihara seems determined to have T-2 face every team and now that Yuba squad (one of the 3 teams left to discover) is out of T-2's bracket we are sure thay won't be in the next match or even the last one because they are not strong enough. So they will probably rise back up next match and we will see them in two rounds. Soooooo, we have at LEAST 3 matches left to witness in their integrity -__-

I doubt Ashihara will ever give us a match shorter than 4 chapters so I just pray he will keep the in-between chapters REAAAALLY minimal.

Eh, I'm not sure they will face Yuba. We didn't see Urushima after all and he ranked 9th last season. Though I'm interpreting that the match ups no longer being told to us means that they are more of a background event while the story focuses on the neighbor stuff. Just like how Katri and Kaizaki weren't revealed until later because of Galopoula taking precedence.
Jun 5, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2013
For those waiting for B-Rank wars to end remember we still have A-Rank wars (for promotion), and selection tests. Also might have some chapters focusing on custom Triggers and other things. I don't think we'll get to see the away missions until next year or something, although I could be wrong which I would be very happy to be.
Jun 6, 2016 5:46 AM
Feb 2015
We have discussed how to get around spiders. But how about lead snipes or lead hounds? It seems that the prescription will be similar to getting around spiders. It'll require snipers, shooters (any good shooters with hound should be able to shoot all those leads down, just like Izumi did to Hyerin and their floating bullets can act as shields), escudo (rare among B rankers), or just some debris (I wonder if the next match, everyone will bring some sheet of metal around all the time).

I want to see Ouji and Ikoma teams, but for T-2 to advance, a match against B-2 might be necessary because defeating B-2 will reduce the points needed to advance to A ranks (plus its sniper will help T-2 so the other enemy teams will be in bigger disadvantage). Plus Kageura still hasn't got his fight against Yuuma.
Jun 6, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2013
According to Replica Border's bullets can't stop LB so even Izumi can't stop Chika's Hound.
Jun 6, 2016 8:36 AM
May 2016
p-kun said:
We have discussed how to get around spiders. But how about lead snipes or lead hounds? It seems that the prescription will be similar to getting around spiders. It'll require snipers, shooters (any good shooters with hound should be able to shoot all those leads down, just like Izumi did to Hyerin and their floating bullets can act as shields), escudo (rare among B rankers), or just some debris (I wonder if the next match, everyone will bring some sheet of metal around all the time).

I want to see Ouji and Ikoma teams, but for T-2 to advance, a match against B-2 might be necessary because defeating B-2 will reduce the points needed to advance to A ranks (plus its sniper will help T-2 so the other enemy teams will be in bigger disadvantage). Plus Kageura still hasn't got his fight against Yuuma.

Using Escudo is a great idea, it didn't seem popular among B-rank agents based on the BBF trigger sets, but they will need to think again.

On how to go Vs Chika:
Attacker: A skilled one can dodge her lead snipes and use debris when necessary. Once he closes the distance he can use Escudo to stop the lead hounds.
Shooter/Gunner: Against lightning, they can dodge or use debris. Once close enough to shoot they will overpower her with bullets, specially since lead hounds are lacking in speed and distance compared to other bullets.
Sniper: She's done for. Snipers have major advantage facing Chika's lead bullets. Since she won't be using bag worm and shields most of the time, and she is not skilled enough to switch her triggers at a moment notice. lol, She will definitely get sniped next round.

Though in these scenarios we are assuming she is alone. Things will go differently if the enemy is focusing on Yuuma while Chika is supporting him.
Jun 7, 2016 8:01 AM
Feb 2015
Botato said:
According to Replica Border's bullets can't stop LB so even Izumi can't stop Chika's Hound.

Which chapter is this?

Also, I just noticed another internal consistency that during the BT retrieval arc, when Kitora (equipped with spider) and Arashiyama hid in the alley, Izumi's proposed strategy was to blow up the alley, houses and all. While Miwa's proposed strategy was to lure them out. In this round, we are shown how potent spiders can be, so their strategies made sense. In particular, it shows that Izumi was not just bullet crazy, but was also cautious.
Jun 8, 2016 12:16 AM

Nov 2013
p-kun said:
Botato said:

Which chapter is this?

Also, I just noticed another internal consistency that during the BT retrieval arc, when Kitora (equipped with spider) and Arashiyama hid in the alley, Izumi's proposed strategy was to blow up the alley, houses and all. While Miwa's proposed strategy was to lure them out. In this round, we are shown how potent spiders can be, so their strategies made sense. In particular, it shows that Izumi was not just bullet crazy, but was also cautious.
Miwa vs. Hyerin. Edit: Chapter 76.

It's why Alektor can't block LB, I think.

Also very good catch. I'm planning on re-reading the manga soon so it will be fun trying to catch all the small details like this.
Jun 8, 2016 2:28 AM

Oct 2014
Katori's rampage was so childish and adorable that it was funny and refreshing as I had never expected her to act that way after such a clear lose. Yeah, tears and rage but not in a way that she would want to "ragequit" or throw her arms around like a little child or act so regretful about her own shortcomings when she gets comforted by her team members. I think Katori really gonna change for the better of herself after this chapter. I hope this means that someday we gonna see her having a rematch with Tamakoma 2 to show how much she and her team improved after this sorry lose.
Jun 10, 2016 7:51 AM

Feb 2016
World Trigger coming very late among the most important mangas, it's recently becoming a trend.It's an injustice to this well written manga; it's an injustice its followers as well.

Anyway, Katori is a narcissist; she only thinks that she is the only genius around here! Unless she changes that attitude she will experience the same feeling again and again. Even Yoneya is a better fighter than her and the Galapoula's VC admitted it and reffered Katori as an average fighter. She has to remember that the world doesn't revolve around her.
Uma_double12Jun 10, 2016 8:01 AM
Jun 10, 2016 9:00 AM

Mar 2014
Uma_double12 said:
World Trigger coming very late among the most important mangas, it's recently becoming a trend.It's an injustice to this well written manga; it's an injustice its followers as well.

Ashihara is taking an impromptu break for the next issue, so no chapter until next Thursday or Friday.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 242 Discussion

anime-prime - May 1

2 by LeviathanTheEsp »»
May 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 241 Discussion

anime-prime - May 1

0 by anime-prime »»
May 1, 8:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.