Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2016 8:12 PM

Nov 2014
Do you ever comeback to read a manga and you have no idea what the hell is going on? How do you fight that? Do you re-read chapters?

May 31, 2016 9:30 PM

Dec 2014
That's what happened to me during Naruto Shippuden. I just read on from where I left off and I gradually recollect all of the things I forgot.
May 31, 2016 9:31 PM

Aug 2015
ha but i haven't re-read a single manga until now
May 31, 2016 9:51 PM

May 2009
There are some manga where I can be a year without reading a single chapter and still remember what is going on. However, If I read more than a few shoujo at the same time, they all blend together and I can't even remember what the story of each one is about. If the story still looks kind of interesting, I'll re-read the manga from the beginning but sometimes I just drop it.

btw @ExTamplier is that an anime version of Tracer?
May 31, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 2014
DeadlyRaven said:
btw @ExTamplier is that an anime version of Tracer?
Just a fan art of her.

Jun 1, 2016 5:42 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah. it sometimes happen as I read monthly.

Jun 1, 2016 7:00 AM

Dec 2008
I'm taking a break from Nanatsu no Taizai and I tried going back to it a few days ago and had jackall idea what was going on. I'll probably have to restart the arc altogether. It kinda ticks me off given how foreign it seems after you leave it for a while.
Jun 1, 2016 7:05 AM

Jan 2015
Lol that's me with Detective Conan. Having binge read the initial 800+ chapters, once I caught up I found out that the release schedule for new chapters were inconsistent. So I thought I'd take a break and let chapters pile up. Tried reading the manga again after 18 months recently and realised my long term memory was non-existent. Forgot a lot of plot points. Hopefully things will come back to me while I read it.

Jun 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2012
I have been trying to slim down my series I am keeping up to date with as of late. Hence why my on hold list is pretty long (and I have a lot of unread manga on my shelf). Helps me try and stay up to date with the series I am currently enjoying the most, and I don't leave them for too long.

If I do drop off a series for a while and fall behind, I'll just re-read the last few chapters to re-collect what is going on. In extreme cases (Claymore being given the last series I did it for) where I am kinda lost, I'll just re-read the whole series. I'll usually only do that if the series is ending of close to ending though, since I don't really want to do that more than once...
Jun 1, 2016 2:48 PM

Jan 2016
Sometimes, I usually either just read the chapter more than one time or ask about it from fellow people that read it.
Jun 1, 2016 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
yeah somtimes.. happend with one piece.. and fairytail...

currently forgotten naruto ship o_o

oh were talking about manga

Well... i kinda forgotten attack on titan in certain areas :v so.. i just skip past the chapters without reading to refresh my memory a little

Jun 7, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2016
I'll usually re-read that last few chapters, or I'll look up a summary for the portion that I left off on. Summaries really help me out and then I don't have to re-read a whole lot of chaps. just to catch up. But if it's a series that I'm absolutely in love with (like Akatsuki no Yona), then I don't mind the re-read at all.
Jun 7, 2016 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
I generally just read where I left off, without bothering about things that I don't understand. But if this troubles you, you can try re-reading everything or just read a summary of the story from a wikia or something like that.
For me, when something doesn't make senes, I'll try ,for some seconds, to remember the missing for what I'm reading to make sense. I usually remember some stuff, if I don't I'll move on and try to make sense later on.
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
Jun 7, 2016 10:09 PM
Jun 2016
i like re-reading manga, especially the complicated and difficult ones. and i read more than twice for the hard to understand mangas like psychological and mystery. i don't know, i got the habit even when i'm still in school since i like reading those difficult fiction and paperbacks so the habit got transferred when i started reading manga.

but if it's a hundred-chaptered manga we're talking about, i backtrack for at least 15 chapters if i cannot remember the story.
takame-beeJun 7, 2016 10:14 PM
Jun 8, 2016 12:26 AM

Mar 2009
I'll re-read stuff, if I find that's the easiest way. Sometimes, it'll just be a few chapters, but it can also be volumes.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1060 by Ishitateso »»
2 hours ago

» Fav Manga Panel

ChrisBlitz - Apr 13

9 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

23 by Zedlin »»
5 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

38 by Zedlin »»
5 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

10 by nishant0 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.