Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 1:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I think this is the final chapter. An interesting question that popped up imo is: the comparison between romantic and friendship love.

Interesting to see Takara High having a female student council president for the first time. That's quite a new beginning. Overall, thought the series was a fun ride.
May 20, 2016 4:04 PM

Aug 2007
I just caught up and thought I'd post.

I loved that one page future take...not many mangas will take that extra step. So they get married and have a kid.

That being said. I like how they didn't rush the relationship, but I definitely got the impression that she was dating him because she saw him as a friend, not a romantic interest. I didn't get that *doki doki* feeling at all. I guess in a way it's refreshing. It's not your typical Shoujo manga....but I just hoped for a *little* bit more progression in terms of her feelings, not a "eh, might as well even though I'm not interested in romance. Why the hell not?!"

8/10 for a refreshing cynical lead - loose two point for her obvious denseness even though she was supposedly the very observant one who knew everything

May 6, 2021 11:20 AM

May 2010
Soooo yeah, finally over. Eh, for a shoujo manga it was pretty average, and I didn't like main characters' development. They used to be way more cynical, ironic and sharp, and here in this series Tsubaki's personality was all about liking Kanoko and trying to get her romantic attention. Kanoko on the other hand didn't seem like she even liked Tsubaki that way right until the last few chapters.

This wouldn't even be such a big issue, if side characters had their own story arcs or something, but nope. Beside main couple there's barely anyone interesting, maybe only the school president Yabuki, or Momoka. But even they appear a few times every now and then, they don't have anything happening in their lives, it's all about Tsubaki x Kanoko all the time, booooring.

I enjoyed some of Kanoko's social observation, but the latter part of this series was something I've read in tens of other mediocre shoujo titles before. 5.5/10
Nov 30, 2023 7:49 AM

May 2020
That was a pretty cute ending. Kanako with long hair is pretty cute lol.

Overall, I'd say this is pretty disappointing, especially in comparison to its prequel. My biggest problem with this series is that it's really hard to root for Tsubaki and Kanoko's relationship until the end. He is jealous, paranoid and unbelievably possessive for most of this series, making it really hard to like him, much less want him to be in a relationship with Kanako. So yeah, the main relationship not being interesting for me is what really drags this series down, especially since Kanako doesn't even realise anything until the final 5 chapters.

Another thing that drags this series down is the lack of any story outside of Tsubaki and the president pining after Kanoko for the second half of this manga. The cynical commentary and solutions that Kanoko brought were the highlights of the prequel and the first part of this manga, so seeing that element fade away just made this really, really boring.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi dano Ai dano Chapter 28 Discussion

_Iris_ - Apr 26, 2014

5 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 30, 2023 12:34 AM

Poll: » Koi Dano Ai Dano Chapter 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

2 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Koi Dano Ai Dano Chapter 24 Discussion

xera - Oct 21, 2013

6 by Kitsu-nee »»
May 5, 2021 9:06 AM

Poll: » Koi dano Ai dano Chapter 38 Discussion

lacznosc - Feb 20, 2016

6 by waalex11 »»
Aug 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Koi dano Ai dano Chapter 37 Discussion

lacznosc - Jan 27, 2016

9 by waalex11 »»
Aug 11, 2020 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.