Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 2016 6:02 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Okay, I think every show, movie and manga needs to have a discussion opened at least. Doesn't matter how many people will talk about it, but at least there should be a change to share some thoughts.

So this movie is super old and perhaps no one will even talk about it, but I wanna know why this movie has such bad rating?
Okay the art is old (of course), the story somehow weird and the ending kinda slow and boring aswell. The vampire hunters are idiotic and this whole Lucifer the king of hell thing is a bit too much for some people.
Even tho, I think there's still many great things in this movie. I like how Dracula is actually blood-thirsty beast and will suck the blood out of people couple of times. Usually all kind of vampire movies have weird looking vampires ripping people into pieces, and not biting their neck and drinking blood like they should. This movie also has weird vampires, but still, they're better than what we have now.
The movie is very bloody, so it's not fit for the smallest (back then I was also a bit too young, but the kids these days might watch anything).

I saw this movie for the first time when I was like 8 years old, so therefore I really like it. I'm always going through some great memories while watching this, so there's no way I would hate the movie. If I'd watch this right now for the first time, I'm sure it wouldn't be so good. I doubt it'd be poor, but it surely wouldn't be great either.

This is one of the two anime I have to watch dubbed in finnish, because of the childhood memories.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 12:12 AM

Jan 2014
oh dear nothing but dubs available. mal-bagdes brought me here.

damn that sons eyes were creepy
guulaashApr 10, 2018 1:01 AM
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Aug 24, 2018 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
This was shit, didn't scale up to the live action one which was black and white. /s

Smh watched it only because of MAL badges
May 30, 2019 11:43 AM

Sep 2017
It goes without saying that this movie was awful, and it also goes without saying that anyone that actually watches this movie only did it for the MAL Badge. I find it hard to believe anyone would willingly watch such a piece of film. It was pretty enjoyable, I'll admit, but there wasn't a single even average aspect of this film. The plot made absolutely no sense, things just happened for no reason, the art and sound design was fantastically terrible, and the characters had so little motivation it is a wonder they are still living to begin with. The only enjoyment came from me making fun of the terrible voice acting and the incoherent storyboarding. I actually find myself willing to recommend this movie to some people, as it is truly "The Room" of anime, which is quite the accomplishment. I'd give it the absolute highest 3/10 I could possibly give something.

GytanzoJun 29, 2019 7:50 PM
May 30, 2019 11:58 AM

Aug 2016
Gytanzo said:
It goes without saying that this movie was awful, and it also goes without saying that anyone that actually watches this movie only did it for the MAL Badge. I find it hard to believe anyone would willingly watch such a piece of film. It was pretty enjoyable, I'll admit, but there wasn't a single even average aspect of this film. The plot made absolutely no sense, things just happened for no reason, the art and sound design was fantastically terrible, and the characters had so little motivation it is a wonder they are still living to begin with. The only enjoyment came from me making fun of the terrible voice acting and the incoherent storyboarding. I actually find myself willing to recommend this movie to some people, as it is truly "The Room" of anime, which is quite the accomplishment. I'd give it the absolute highest 3/10 I could possibly give something.

I watched it because I seriously wanted to watch it. I don't even know what MAL Badges are either.
But yeah this movie was indeed a thing, completely forgot about it til I seen this thread recently commented on in Anime Series Discussion.
Aug 23, 2019 5:55 AM

Jan 2018
It exist a japanese dub version with english subtitles?
Oct 22, 2019 5:17 PM

Nov 2017
Metal-Man said:

Not to my knowledge, but you can find the Japanese audio version and there is a dub version on Youtube with (questionable) English autogenerated subs.

If you download both the Japanese audio version and the English subs (with DownSub for example) and you load them both into VLC media player and occasionally shift the subtitle timing around perhaps you could make it work.

That said it probably wouldn't give great results and may not be worth the effort.

I couldn't quite make it through the English dub myself, but enjoyed the original Japanese audio version much more and managed to follow along fairly well even without the subtitles. This is one of the better Dracula movies I've seen in general.

Overall I gave it a 7.
ShamiyanahOct 22, 2019 7:56 PM
Oct 23, 2019 3:53 AM

Jan 2018
Shamiyanah said:
Metal-Man said:

Not to my knowledge, but you can find the Japanese audio version and there is a dub version on Youtube with (questionable) English autogenerated subs.

If you download both the Japanese audio version and the English subs (with DownSub for example) and you load them both into VLC media player and occasionally shift the subtitle timing around perhaps you could make it work.

That said it probably wouldn't give great results and may not be worth the effort.

I couldn't quite make it through the English dub myself, but enjoyed the original Japanese audio version much more and managed to follow along fairly well even without the subtitles. This is one of the better Dracula movies I've seen in general.

Overall I gave it a 7.

Exactly, I don't want to watch the english dubbed parodic version, I want to watch the original to know if it is a good or bad Dracula adaptation.
Metal-ManJan 20, 2020 12:07 PM
Jul 18, 2020 11:22 PM

Aug 2018
You
Metal-Man said:
You can find English dub in 9anime.
Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

Jul 21, 2020 1:45 PM

Jan 2018
Noitora33 said:
You
Metal-Man said:

Yeah, but my whole point is that I don't want the english dub, I want to watch the japanese original dub with faithful english subtitles, if they exist.
Metal-ManJul 22, 2020 7:05 AM
Jul 21, 2020 10:21 PM

Aug 2018
Metal-Man said:
Noitora33 said:
You

Yeah, but my whole point is that I don't want the english dub, I want to watch the japanese original dub with faithful english subtitles, if thay exist.

I don't think it exists. I am a hardcore sub watcher too. I watched this one English dubbed.
Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

Jun 24, 2021 8:39 PM

Jan 2008
Noitora33 said:
Metal-Man said:

Yeah, but my whole point is that I don't want the english dub, I want to watch the japanese original dub with faithful english subtitles, if thay exist.

I don't think it exists. I am a hardcore sub watcher too. I watched this one English dubbed.

There ARE softsubs for the movie available, yes. If you were to google "410B3183" you'll probably find what you're looking for.

Good luck.

~ Mr. Panda // Twitter: @ManlyBats
~ The Anime Historian
~ Fleet Admiral, Manly Battleships®
Ask Mr. Panda Thread
Follow Mr. Panda's VCR of DOOM! review series here. Now on YouTube!
Jun 28, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2018
Mr_Panda said:
Noitora33 said:

There ARE softsubs for the movie available, yes. If you were to google "410B3183" you'll probably find what you're looking for.

Good luck.

I just found out that someone in 2020 uploaded the subbed version on YouTube, but thanks for the help.
Jun 11, 2022 7:53 PM

Oct 2015
To be ironic, God help us!

This was the worst animation movie I've ever watched in my life. Of any kind, not just anime, but generally. Dracula is a piece of shit of character. He's a bad husband and father, he is selfish and an idiot. He contradicts himself, and a lousy fighter.

On the plot, it was the weakest ever. How the hell does a holy cross affect you when you're supposed to be mortal? The hell? What happened to the devil? The F is that with Dracula's son? That ending fight, lol. How is the woman holy after all she did?

Here's my take on the whole movie

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 2, 2023 4:43 PM

Jan 2010
Metal-Man said:
Yes, it's now available fully restored, remastered in 4K on YT!!!

Turn on CC for the English subtitles.  I'm watching it as of this post.  And my god, it's that cheesy even in it's uncut subtitled format.  Tomb of Dracula really need a new anime adaptation after seeing this and given that Marvel has worked with Madhouse (& Toei again) for their recent Marvel anime collaboration.  Why not do a new anime adaptation of Tomb of Dracula, I'm sure it'll look way better today then this cheesy mess.
Jul 1, 2023 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
I've never seen such a pitiful Dracula before. Neither God nor Devil, not even other vampires or his own servants in Transylvania help him out in his pinch. Everyone wants him dead, just like the vampire hunters. How horrible his fate to walk alone in the world. I can't help but sympathize.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yami no Teio: Kyuuketsuki Dracula Episode 1 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Jul 17, 2020

0 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jul 17, 2020 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.