Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2016 6:02 PM
Mar 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute episode~
When Satoshi said "ai (which means love)" to Serena, I knew it's too good to be true
and as I thought he meant "Iron Tail, Pikachu" and fainted as he caught a fever

and both pikachus, so different but both sooooo cute!!
May 12, 2016 7:37 AM
Dec 2009
Serena and Satoshi... they are really pulling people's heartstrings with this. So many cute moments for shippers in this episode, obvious they did it all on purpose too.

--Tsubasa-- said:
pikachus, so different but both sooooo cute!!

Agreed, I love thme both!! Mohawk Pikachu (Tongari) was adorable~! I wish they had a plushie of him, haha. Rock on little Pika!
May 16, 2016 9:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Lararin said:
Serena and Satoshi... they are really pulling people's heartstrings with this. So many cute moments for shippers in this episode, obvious they did it all on purpose too.

--Tsubasa-- said:
pikachus, so different but both sooooo cute!!

Agreed, I love thme both!! Mohawk Pikachu (Tongari) was adorable~! I wish they had a plushie of him, haha. Rock on little Pika!

Can't forget Ritchie's Pikachu from way back in the early Pokemon, that one had a cool hair style. Not sure if Pikachu battle Sparky, Ritchie's Pikachu.

Serena is love, Serena is life. I loved everything she did this episode. Her blushing when Satoshi fell on her, when she stuck her tongue out at the end, her cute expression when she invited Jimmy for lunch. She knows Ash's battle style quite well.

May 17, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2008
POKEMON QUIZ!!!

Bonus points for showing us Retro Pikachu!
Anyway~! Someone needs to tell PunkPika that headbanging really shouldnt be a daily activity o-o'' You even saw him getting dizzy.
And Jimmy is just literally screaming to get a case of deafness.

Anyway, total ship episode albeit one that can be enjoyed by everyone. Especially Eureka, she knows, she bloody knows.
Serena impressed me a lot, sure she emulated Satoshi's style and had General Pikachu as her battle partner but she still pulled it off.
Punkpika also had an interesting move setlist. Dig ? Amazing.
Though when will people stop getting surprised by Dig, we ALL KNOW they will hit you from directly underneath you.
Team Rocket going all traditional on us, Love it when they do something different than their typical act.

However, I do have to question the usage of the cold trope AND cold medicine trope. Diseases really doesnt mean anything anymore in the Pokemon world.
PunkbeetleMay 17, 2016 1:51 PM
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
May 17, 2016 10:10 PM

Oct 2015
This episode is interesting, all right. My thoughts:

- So many shipping tease between Ash and Serena around, including the moment when Serena wears Ash's outfit, she's looking pretty good in it.
- Oh my, the Mohawk Pika don't have to bang its head all the time, it even gets dizzy after overdoing it, lol!
- Serena managed to imitate the way Ash speaks, his manners and the way he battles? She must have been watching Ash for quite long if she could pull it off. :)
- Serena's expression is cute as always ^^
- Ash recovered after Team Rocket's in action (as noticed by Clemont and Bonnie), that was quick.
- I think it's been long time after not seeing Meowth's fantasies with Giovanni.
May 19, 2016 11:24 AM

Dec 2011
D'aww. The Ash X Serena ship is so strong this episode especially with I.... Iron Tail. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2016 9:52 AM

Mar 2013
Ok so... He gets a cold and it manifests as a fever? What?? And he heals about as fast as a Pokemon?!
Serena, honey, plenty of people have watched Ash battle more than you. If anything, I think Brock has watched Ash the most in terms of battling. (Might have been the English dub where she claimed that, though.)
Team Rocket's performance was... something. (Probably better in Japanese?)
So, now that we've seen Serena battle as Ash, it only makes sense that Ash will have to pretend to be Serena at some point, right? That'll be funny.
Jul 18, 2016 4:06 PM
Mar 2015
hawk222 said:
Ok so... He gets a cold and it manifests as a fever? What?? And he heals about as fast as a Pokemon?!
Serena, honey, plenty of people have watched Ash battle more than you. If anything, I think Brock has watched Ash the most in terms of battling. (Might have been the English dub where she claimed that, though.)
Team Rocket's performance was... something. (Probably better in Japanese?)
So, now that we've seen Serena battle as Ash, it only makes sense that Ash will have to pretend to be Serena at some point, right? That'll be funny.

Ash Pretending to be Serena, that'll be the day! XD
Aug 14, 2016 6:19 PM

Apr 2011
DAMN, that was amazing!

Serena looks too good in Ash's clothes. <3

I love Ash X Serena <3
Aug 25, 2016 2:33 AM

Nov 2014
Serena is sooooo cute!!
That part in the beginning when Ash fell on her was so amazing and perfect T^T
Spike (Jimmy's Pikachu) kinda reminded me of Sparky (Richie's Pikachu from so long ago) with his spikey hair!
I love Ash X Serena so much
Sep 3, 2016 12:49 AM

Feb 2014
nice EP in this season pokemon XY&Z
Sep 3, 2016 7:49 AM

Apr 2016
I recorded the dub of this episode on my tv so I could watch it whenever I like. The dub for XY has been mixed but they did a good job with this episode.
Got oppai?
Sep 8, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
Awwww! Serena love Ash was gonna say he loved her!!! She blushed so much, it was so adorable!

I recorded it on my TV but deleted it, now I think maybe I should've kept it, I could undelete it, you can do that lol.

Serena fighting as Ash in his clothes was cute! she wanted to fight in his place!

I can't believe that boy couldn't tell it was her lol. I was like "how can he not tell?" then Clemont and Bonnie came and nearly ruined it!

Then Team Rocket came and stole both Pikachu's! but Ash saved them because two minutes after that medicine which was probably just Aspirin he was fine again! LOL! seems legit.

I actually couldn't recognise Jessie and James in those outfits! they actually did look different for a change! I liked those outfits lol. They should use them again.
Dec 10, 2016 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
Satoshi woke up hungry for Serena's oppai.

LMAO at Serena's face when Satoshi was saying "A...Ai....Iron Tail!"

Jimmy Ken the Pikachu trainer has arrived loud as fock.

LMAO at Jimmy and Tongari!

PikaPikaPikaPikaPikaPika PIKA!

Serena wearing her could be future husbando's clothes and looks so cute in it.

Serena looked so good saying Jewmanbolto!

LMAO at Eureka's face when Serena was telling her and Citron what happened.

Eureka: "Satoshi", do your best!

Me: LMAO!

Rocket Gang padding the run time.

WTF type of medicine did Satoshi take for him to recover so quickly? Oh, plot. It works wonders.

DAT DOUBLE JEWMANBOLTO!

Of course Satoshi and Jimmy don't battle.

Serena working her magic on Jimmy. How can you resist that?

Can't believe I skipped this episode because it was filler. Glad I came back.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 8, 2017 9:10 PM

Feb 2015
Serena dressed up like Ash <3
sooo cute!
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Jul 25, 2017 7:48 PM
Jan 2017
this episode was sO good. i loved how citron helped nurse satoshi back to his old self :> oh, and serena is also super duper cute wearing satoshi's clothes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.