Forums

[GAME] Animangathon 2017 [SIGNUPS Closed]

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2015
Thanks for the recs :D

I received two anime recs "Nagi no Asukara" and "RahXephon" they both seem good and are anime I'd have put on my list if I had heard of them before. Looking forward to watching them.

For manga, I've got 4 :O "Green Blood", "Double Arts", "Cat Street", and "Orange" a good set of drama and action, great variety ^^.
Jun 5, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2014
whoever suggested me Half & Half , i hate you T_T , now make those feelz go away T_T

and whoever suggested madoka >.> , imma find you
Jun 5, 2016 5:53 PM

Mar 2014
I got Higurashi... Am I ready for this? Probably not, but here goes!
Jun 5, 2016 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
When I saw Hunter x Hunter as my rec.

Wanted some romance in my rec... but I'll guess will start this
Thank you for rec :)
Jun 6, 2016 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
I got Gakkougurashi! as my rec, one of those that may have stayed on my ptw forever without Animangathon. I have been ordered not to read the synopsis so i'll dive straight in, thanks reccer =)
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions
Jun 6, 2016 12:14 PM

Jan 2016
Thanks for the recs whoever you were ^^
They all look pretty good both the anime and manga and I've never heard of them before so they'll be a fun surprise to go through this month :3
Jun 6, 2016 6:21 PM
Feb 2015
I got Suzuka for my Manga rec. which is kinda funny cause literally 3 days ago I came across it and was like "Hmm.. That might be decent.." but then I never actually read it. So, I'm pretty happy about that one haha.

For my Anime rec. I got Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, which seems like something I'd like but somehow I've never come across it in searching for a new show. Probably because the only tag it has on MAL is "Drama", and is the only show I've seen thus far that only has one tag.. o.O

But yeah, looking forward to starting both of these ^-^
Jun 6, 2016 6:57 PM

Dec 2015
ZTHero said:

I feel like that's a rerec cause i got that last month as a rec
Jun 7, 2016 11:55 AM

Oct 2011
minikobe27 said:
ZTHero said:

everyone should watch HxH. its amazingyoud think it was more childish because of the way gon and killua look but it gets really dark at times. i love it

Jun 7, 2016 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
minikobe27 said:
ZTHero said:

Haha, it's like: "HxH is not on your list!!? Fuck everything else and watch it already!" :D
<3
Jun 7, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2015
Welp.. the rec I got is one of those animu I wasn't ever planning on watching due to reasons ;-; but I guess I'll give it a try.. be a good sport y'know? >_>

Scratch that, I just watched the first episode and I'm pretty excited actually! Looking good :3
RoyJun 7, 2016 2:42 PM
Jun 9, 2016 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
Recommendation: Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku.

Thoughts:
I finished this Manga yesterday. Since it was SoL I was pretty sceptical. But I've got to say I liked it. It had a little twist in it which made the Story better and the Characters are developing well.

If somebody needs a short Manga with a good Story read this one.
Jun 9, 2016 6:08 PM

Dec 2015
So i get recd Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and I had some pretty high expectations of it seeing it being so highly ranked and people always saying great things. It was pretty good, but at times it was dialogue heavy and kinda slow until the last season. Then the fights were broken apart between different scenes and episodes that it a little hard to get into. And my last little nick-pick thing was the character powers were inconsistent. One day, a villain or hero, would be super op and the next they were just average, or they'll use alchemy and there real power some fights and just fist fights others, esp Ed or Alphonse with alchemy.
It did have its funny moments, I seen alot of gifs from this show around the internet before. A few times the show gave me the feels, and it kept me in interested for the most part, and the ending left me satisfied. Im glad I watched it, i would give it 7.5/10
Jun 10, 2016 5:38 AM

Aug 2007
My recomendation is Gurren Lagan. Still I am watching it, but I got adicted to it. But still I am on episode 7. What I like about this anime are the battles between the protagonist and the enemies.
Jun 15, 2016 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
I finished my recommendation Gakkou Gurashi!

What can I say? Not much actually without ruining it for others, so...

Solid 7/10. Appreciate the rec, reccer, you had me going WTF for a good while into the first episode with what you said in your message :P
Jun 17, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2007
Finished mine yesterday. I enjoyed it, a nice comedy is always welcome! Thanks for the recommendation.
Jun 17, 2016 6:59 PM

Mar 2014
Finished Higurashi. The repetitiveness of the arcs bored me a little but it was fun to try to piece everything together. Definitely left me with a lot of questions so I think I'll have to watch the sequels now...

Thanks for the rec! It's nice to have another series checked off my list. :3
Jun 19, 2016 9:17 AM

Oct 2013
◈ ◊ Sign Up Open ◈ ◊

This time with banners to purchase ^.^

Add

Banner: #1, #2 or #3 + bonus #4 or #5
Username: Gwendolly
Shortened Username: Gwen

Choose one banner + bonus for signing up
Former participants can choose two + bonus :)

Before signing up
1. Make sure you updated your list with all the anime/manga you watched/read
2. Repost your preferences and update them if you feel like it
3. If you're signing up for the first time check the first page
GwendollyJun 27, 2016 1:41 PM
<3
Jun 19, 2016 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
Oh damn I still havent finished mine

Jun 19, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2012
Don't think I'll be finishing mine any time soon.
Jun 19, 2016 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
@gwendolly I totally love the banners you made <3

I am sorry whoever recommended me Detroit metal city, I am downloading it right now <3

Jun 19, 2016 12:28 PM

Oct 2013
@ZTHero That's okay, you take your time finishing it^^ Just opening a new round

Thank you, @Uuh :> You take your time too!
<3
Jun 19, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
Format: Anime
Maximum Episodes: 13
Type: anything
Like Genres: pretty much will give anything a try
Hate Genres: Ecchi, Yaoi
Extras:

Jun 19, 2016 1:16 PM

Aug 2007
I haven't finished my recomendation and still I want to sigh up again. Can I?
Jun 19, 2016 2:36 PM

Oct 2013
minimiau said:

If you want to get a new recommendation, sure you can^^
<3
Jun 19, 2016 3:40 PM

Jan 2015
banner #1 onegai waifu-chan

anime
max 13 eps
genres: sci-fi, comedy, romance, SOL, josei, shoujo
other preferences: something light easy to see but still interesting and that's not on my PTW list.

yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Jun 19, 2016 3:43 PM

Dec 2010
This will be my first time partecipating! Looking forward to it. ^.^

Banner: #3
Shortened Username: Kia

Maximum Episodes: Anything goes!
Type: Anything
Favourite Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Sci-fi, Psychological
Avoids Genres: Yuri, Shoujo Ai, Ecchi, Harem, Reverse Harem, Horror, Pure Romance+Drama
Extras: If it's a series, it has to be completed. I'm avoiding teen protagonists unless they deviate from the norm.

Format: Manga
Maximum Volumes: Anything goes!
Favourite Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Sci-fi, Psychological
Avoids Genres: Yuri, Ecchi, Harem, Reverse Harem, Horror, Pure Romance+Drama
Extras: It has to either be completed or have at least ~30 chapters translated. I'm avoiding teen protagonists unless they deviate from the norm. I'm also avoiding action shounens since I tend to prefer watching to reading them. If you can recommend me a mature Yuri/Shoujo Ai manga that is targeting a general audience and is ecchi-free (ideally a seinen or josei), I will be *more than happy* to give it a chance since I've been looking for one.
KiayinJun 20, 2016 4:54 AM
。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 *
Jun 19, 2016 3:52 PM

Dec 2013
Shortened Username: Shin or Shin-chan

Format Anime:
Maximum Episdes: 26
Genre: Anything
Like: Romance/RomCom/Slice of life/Mystery/Psychological
Hate:Harem/Ecchi/Yuri/Magical Shoujo (depends tho)
Extras:Something completed plz :D

Jun 19, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
Banner #1
User: ODJ
Name: ODJ
Sex: ODJ

:3

Format: Animu
Max eps: 26
Type: Anything goes
Digs: Comedy, Romance, Action, Sci-Fi
Dislikes: Drama, Horror, Shounen Ai, Yaoi, Major Feels
Other stuff: random words that make a sentence! - I really like stories where there is romantic resolution. I can have a hard time with overly feely shows (where I cry manly tears of manliness for a week straight afterwards)
Jun 19, 2016 4:26 PM

Aug 2015
I haven't finished my recommendations yet but here I go :p

Banner #3
Shortened Username: JeanValjean or Jean

Genres: Surprise me!

Maximum Chapters: No more than 50
Genres: Surprise me!
Extras: Something easy to find on Internet and completed please.
Jun 19, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2015
Banner: #2
Username: DanteQC
Shortened Username: Dante

Maximum Episodes: 26
Type: TV
Likes: Action, Mystery, Seinen, Psychological, Adventure... All those similar to that.
Dislikes: Ecchi, Harem, Yaoi, Shoujo, Yuri... All those similar to that.
Extras: Can be Dub or Sub, licensed or not, etc. If possible, year of release must be 2000+, but I can live with less if you think it's really worth it. Lastly, you can chose an anime from my PTW, but I'd prefer not so I can discover, hopefully, an anime I've never heard of.

About my last recommendations; found Trigun average, was getting triggered by him wanting to save everyone and never kill, no matter what. What an awesome name the MC has, though.

For the other one; Outlaw Star, found it better, it was a fine watch. Also, I liked the MC and the anime gave me a bit of Bebop feels.

Thanks for the recommendations.

@gwendolly Never done any signature/picture editing or anything similar to that, but, if it isn't too long, would you mind doing like 1 more with a guy on it instead? (Ideas; Spike from Cowboy Bebop, Hei from Darker than Black, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, Alucard from Hellsing, etc.) By the way, just asking, no worries if you don't want to do it ^^
Jun 19, 2016 8:51 PM

Aug 2012
Waahhhh... Banners so cuteeeee!!!

Banner #2
Username: ZTHero
Shorten: Z

ZTHero said:
Maximum Episodes: 300, I don't mind.
Dislikes: Hentai, Yaoi, Yuri
Extras: Romance and Comedy are my favorite genres combined. Also a plus if there is a little action/adventure to help the mood/story line. Don't mind Ecchi.

Please recommend a Romance + Comedy anime this time :D
Jun 20, 2016 12:49 AM

Jan 2013
I'll go again ^^

Maximum Episodes: 26
Like Genres: Anything
Dislike Genres: Test me
Extras: Anything goes, PTW list preferred

Choose your favourite show on my ptw, unless there is something better that is not there. I will watch anything~~~
Jun 20, 2016 9:35 AM

Oct 2013
@DanteQC Yeah, sure^^ I was thinking of doing a male/badass version..I'll think of something.
<3
Jun 20, 2016 12:50 PM

Jan 2016
ooh banners they look great :D
Banner: #1, #2 (just because I can have 2 and I'm bad at making decisions, don't judge me :P)
Username and Shortened Username: Alx ( I think this short enough, I hope anyway xP)

Format: Anime or Manga
Max eps: Something that's finished
Likes: Psychological, Sci-Fi, Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural, Romance
Dislikes: I haven't really watched or read much so nothing to say here.
Other stuff: Anything that you think should definitely be a must watch or read, and possible something not on my PTW as it might be something I've never heard of.

So I finished Bokurano yesterday and I really enjoyed it! I wasn't quite sure of it to begin with after a watching the first couple of episodes but as soon as it started explaining how everything works and going through the backstory of all the characters my interest in it peaked.

Koe no Katachi... I absolutely loved it, I couldn't tear myself away from it and you just had to make me shed a few tears in the process too, this hit way closer to home that I thought it would my younger sister has a disability and was bullied at school so it hit me right in the feels. Thank you for this rec :')

And Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou I've started reading a few chapters of this and it's pretty funny I don't think there is any way in hell I'd be able to finish this by the next Animagathon considering MAL says there's over 300 chapters but I'll keep reading it nonetheless.
Jun 20, 2016 1:32 PM

Aug 2010
Lumikki said:
Max Eps: 26
Likes: Mystery, Sci-fi, Supernatural/Fantasy, Romance, Psychological
Dislikes: Harem
Extras: I prefer that the characters are college students/adult. Though if series is good, I don't mind if characters are younger : 3 And btw I like feeltrains : D

Still haven't finished my previous recs, but new ones are always welcome! I will write a review about both of them once done : 3

Jun 20, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
@gwendolly

Great, then I'll wait before choosing my second banner ^^
Jun 20, 2016 3:54 PM

Mar 2012
Username: kawaiipapa
Shortened Username: papa

Type: TV, OVA/ONA
Genres: anything that is not hentai, or ecchi harem
Extras: Subs, completed
Jun 20, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2007
Gwendolly said:
minimiau said:

If you want to get a new recommendation, sure you can^^

Perfect, thanks for that. So, I want another one:

Anime:
Maximum Episodes: 50
Type: TV series but movies are welcome
Genres: (Likes): Basically I like shonen and Shojo. Animes with action, slice of life or maho shojo I enjoy. (Dislikes) Yuri, yaoi and hentai, basically.
Extras: I can tolerate animes with ecchi, but if they have too much (like Prison School) please do not recomend. Also completed animes.
minimiauJun 22, 2016 4:18 PM
Jun 20, 2016 8:18 PM

Oct 2013
@DanteQC

One of them to your likings?
GwendollyJun 21, 2016 9:46 PM
<3
Jun 20, 2016 9:01 PM

Mar 2015
Just finished Nichijou and oh boy was that a weird one. It gets a solid 9/10 from me and thanks for the rec!

Jun 21, 2016 8:11 AM

Jun 2015
Missed the last one >_<

Genres: anything
Dislikes: hentai, yaoi
Extras: Subs, completed

oh and since I can get a banner. Banner 2 please :)
DESlREJun 21, 2016 5:18 PM
Jun 21, 2016 9:49 AM

Aug 2015
Gwendolly said:

One of them to your likings?

They're both nice, but I can't recognize the person in the first one; my sight sucks, but still, who is it? xD
Jun 21, 2016 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
I finished Detroit Metal City today. Was enjoyable to watch and thanks for that pick as it was funny (and badass) yet short. :>

Jun 21, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
Uuh said:
Uuh said:
Max eps: 12 would be the best for me currently
Dislikes: Yuri, Mecha, Historical and sports
Other stuff: umm.. nope.

And Banner #1 pleaseeee <3

Jun 21, 2016 10:19 PM

Oct 2011
banner: 1 and 2 pl0x ^___^
username: talonbone
shortened: talon or t-bone

oh and i havent finished 2/3 of my recs from last round, but ill finish it soon lol. my phone just broke so i might be slacking a little. but ill definitely finish by the end of the month xD

talonbone said:
talonbone said:
Format: Anime. dont read mangoes
Maximum Episodes: as long as its not detective conan it should be ok
Type: TV preferred, unless its something awesome like FLCL
Genres: LIKES - shounen, action, shounen, superpowers, shounen, adventure, shounen, fantasy, shounen, comedy, shounen
DISLIKES - yaoi, bishounen, yaoi, slice of life, yaoi, sports, yaoi, mecha, yaoi, romance, yaoi, harem, yaoi, (way too) ecchi, yaoi, drama, yaoi
of course there are a lot of exceptions to dislikes (EXCEPT YAOI) but i usually try to avoid em unless theyre worth the watch through those bad genres
Extras: if you havent figured it out i fucking love shounens but i wont hate you for picking otherwise. can use my PTW list, or surprise me (by surprise i dont mean give me a yaoi) give me a completed one if possible so i can actually finish it. thank you thank you

Jun 22, 2016 1:20 PM

Dec 2015
Banner #5 plz! :)
Username: darkabolisher
Shortened.. Hmm how about: Melkor

Type: TV/Series
Like Genres: Action, Comedy, Mystery, Horror, Fantasy, Seinen.
Dislike Genres: Mecha, Sport, Yaoi, Yuri
Extras: Modern animation, completed. Also I don't mind if there's some Romance or Ecchi in it.

Tbh, this time I'd prefer something either very funny or very bloody (for a change), but still anything else listed above, that my reccer considers good, is fine!

I've also completed my previous rec Shingeki no Bahamut and would like to thank my recer! :) Loved the art and the action, although the plot felt quite forced, imho..
Jun 23, 2016 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
Completed Shigatsu, damn the last ep ; __ ;

Anyway, nice rec :3 Like many anime that have 20 or more episodes, it started quite slowly but towards to end it got very good and super sad. Cried a lot. I gave it a 9.
Just started my second rec, Zankyou no Terror and the pilot ep looked interesting. I really like to soundtrack and OP+ED.

Jun 24, 2016 6:44 AM

Jan 2014
Completed Berserk.

Had high hopes for the Anime even though it was super old. I know that the Manga is a masterpiece and I will read it eventually. But tbh I got pretty bored with the Anime. Maybe it is because I didn't watch such an old Anime in quite some time.
Jun 24, 2016 7:27 PM

Feb 2014
KOtA said:
KOtA said:
Like Genres: ecchi , harem (don't judge me -_-)
Hate Genres: Mecha, Sport, Revers Harem , Historical, Shounen Ai (and Yaoi ofc) and anything that involves magical girls
Extras: ye can use mine PTW-list if you want ,i prefer completed but i wouldn't mind starting an airing show

Maximum Episodes: come-at-me bruh
Like Genres: ecchi , harem, romance (don't judge me -_-)
Hate Genres: Mecha, Sport, Revers Harem , Historical, Shounen Ai (and Yaoi ofc), Shojo
Extras: 1. completed ,2. scanned(aka translated), 3. can be found on one of the manga sites (ex. MangaFox) , 4.stay away from my PTR (plan to read) list

ye can give me 2 recommendations

all banners plx ?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.