Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Apr 4 - 10

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2016 7:28 PM

Apr 2014
16. *,*42,127 *,773,024 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.6

Good sales. Curious to see if this volume can manage to chart for the 6th week.

*1. 2,076,189 One Piece Vol.73 (6 days)
*1. 1,849,584 One Piece Vol.81 (7 days)

Considering there's a new movie coming up, this is unexpected.

11. *,*56,947 *,*56,947 Sousei no Onmyouji Vol.8

First time seeing the volumes hit almost 60k in its first week and 60k sales from backlogs as well. Anime boost seems to be working.
Apr 14, 2016 10:29 PM

Jan 2012
Guranto-kun said:
If One Piece started around mid 2000's or at the same time as SnK I doubt it'll be popular as it is today.

And without OP in 98-2000, a good chunk of the popular Jump manga that are ongoing right now probably wouldn't even exist.
And I don't think any Jump series would have reached One Piece's quick rise to popularity in the same time span.
Maybe Hunter x Hunter would have been close, but Togashi's lust for hiatuses would have killed that ship.
Apr 15, 2016 3:24 AM

May 2014
Happy for Arc-v's first volume!
Planning to get it when it gets translated :D
First YGO series I'm gonna collect the whole manga for after GX.

Apr 15, 2016 8:35 AM

Jan 2015
scabab said:
Ouch those One Piece sales took a pounding. The previous volume sold 2.11 million copies in 7 days and this one only sold 1.85 million copies in 7 days?

No matter how much it declines it'll still be #1, not to mention a strong advertising push for the franchise is starting really soon, so is such a small decline anything to be worried about.?..
Apr 15, 2016 8:59 AM

Apr 2010
It's a 13% drop which is pretty hefty. But it is just the start of the arc and the movie might help. It is still the weakest start in a long time though.
Apr 15, 2016 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Guranto-kun said:
If One Piece started around mid 2000's or at the same time as SnK I doubt it'll be popular as it is today.

Yup. Started serializing at a perfect time after Dragonball ended. And Shounen Jump lacked a similar manga to it.

Not only Dragon Ball as nothing to do with the popularity One Piece had, but that is a lie.

Let's see the series that Shounen Jump had in the time Dragon Ball ended:

Issue One Piece series started

When Dragon Ball ended there was 11 battle manga in the magazine(included Dragon Ball)!
When One Piece started there was 9 battle manga in the magazine!
Hoshin Engi is way more similar to Dragon Ball than One Piece, still didn't got the popularity One Piece had.
Dragon Ball ended 2 years before One Piece so it had little to do with its popularity. More than that, the fact that many super popular manga ended close to One Piece is way more important(though I still believe it has nothing to do with the series popularity), like:
- Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san
- Level E
- Rokudenashi Blues
- Tottemo! Luckyman
- Makuhari
- Captain Tsubasa World Youth Hen
Apr 15, 2016 4:26 PM

Sep 2013
Guranto-kun said:

It could start next week and still be as popular, even black clover is now nr 1 in jump rankings.
Apr 15, 2016 4:57 PM

Mar 2015
ichii_1 said:
Guranto-kun said:

It could start next week and still be as popular, even black clover is now nr 1 in jump rankings.
can't wait the anime coming. 4chan thread about that issue is glorious. i can smell my popcorn already...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 15, 2016 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
RedHair-Shanks said:
Then why other series in shonen jump that started around the time that one piece started failed to achieve that?

You do realise that a lot of Japanese people that buy the one piece volumes today are people who got into one piece in 2010 and 2011. at that point it was the peak of one piece and the amount of volumes it had did not stop people from getting into it 13-14 years later.

Like what? none of them were at all similar or borrowed obvious elements like one piece did.

What does have to do with anything? what's your point here? something that is popular got more popular? how shocking and unheard of.
Apr 15, 2016 8:26 PM

Feb 2016
Assassination Classroom got a pretty good score, considering that it has been done for some weeks now. ^ ^

i like soup

Apr 15, 2016 8:26 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
RedHair-Shanks said:
Then why other series in shonen jump that started around the time that one piece started failed to achieve that?

You do realise that a lot of Japanese people that buy the one piece volumes today are people who got into one piece in 2010 and 2011. at that point it was the peak of one piece and the amount of volumes it had did not stop people from getting into it 13-14 years later.

Like what? none of them were at all similar or borrowed obvious elements like one piece did.

What does have to do with anything? what's your point here? something that is popular got more popular? how shocking and unheard of.

Please enumerate this "similar and borrowed obvious elements that One Piece did"! Without knowing what you're talking about I can't analyse, converse and argue with you, because in the end you're just doing big statements, that in the end are just generalizations that themselves can be true or false.

Note that there is no other series other than One Piece that after so long in the series got so much popular. All the other series got less popular, and that includes Dragon Ball!
Apr 16, 2016 1:27 AM
Sep 2014
tsudecimo said:
RedHair-Shanks said:

Can you name let's say 10 obvious elements one piece borrowed from dragonball?
Apr 16, 2016 6:54 AM

Jun 2012
35. *,*24,512 *,327,184 JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Vol.12

well deserved, the latest chapters have been nothing less than stellar.
Apr 16, 2016 10:55 PM

Jul 2015
ohh please dude, don't make this thread to be One Piece vs another manga again.. -_-
a
Apr 17, 2016 9:34 AM

Apr 2014
Ooh, 1 full week and it didn't even break 2 Million, how the mighty has fallen...

And just my few cent about the ongoing discussion.
One Piece popularity had nothing to do with DB afaic.
Oda is already famous in the manga world even before serializing One Piece with his many one shot and a few manga award he won.
The only reason OP manage to get this overwhelming popularity is because he manage to attract even non manga reader (normal people) with his according to japanese reader, epic drama and heartwarmimg friendship which DB completely devoid of.
Apr 19, 2016 5:21 AM

Jan 2015
why bleach sales are so low, sorry im kind of new to this thread
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
ichii_1 said:
Guranto-kun said:

Yeah cause that's where the editors put it, man.
Apr 23, 2016 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
Alvarito92 said:
why bleach sales are so low, sorry im kind of new to this thread

Last volume came out in March, that's why. Now it's just the backlog sales that are helping it getting higher, but it still does quite ok.
Next volume will be out on 2nd of May.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

43 by Nightleon »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

39 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

17 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 12:13 PM

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

12 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.