Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2016 7:51 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS NOT MY THEORY

This is a theory that was floating around in Episode 1 discussion. A few people predicted that these people are all already dead and the village is a afterlif where they slowly dissapear.

Casual: But OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, they're all going to get killed off and stuff so that'd make no sense!

Me: Refer to
on that one. Everyone was

What do you think of this theory?

I think this would make the series quite interesting. Everyone here wanted to start life anew, and so they're hre on this bus, only to find out their life has ended and they are already in the afterlife . ..
TyrelApr 8, 2016 9:30 PM
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Apr 8, 2016 8:16 PM

Aug 2007
I seriously, seriously hope not. It's been done to death, (no pun intended), and is bound to be presented a great twist that is more likely to cheapen the story than anything else.

Is it possible? Sure. The way episode one reminded me of the movie Suicide Bus made me immediately think of an afterlife explanation.
Apr 8, 2016 8:21 PM

Sep 2014
Can't you just name the thread 'speculations'?

It's obvious that this one post/thread of yours is gonna spawn more speculation threads, which will make things hilariously tedious.

Also, don't spoil other shows. I, for one, have never watched or read Angel Beats. And I was gonna watch it next week. Wow. How nice of you to enlighten me by spoiling a giant part of the story.

@speculation
That's kinda unoriginal. And it makes everything that will happen in the plot to lose it's flavour. It's like having an amazing story and then ending it with 'it was all just a dream'.
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 8, 2016 11:00 PM

Aug 2009
If this is true, the show is essentially just anime Lost - which would be OK if it doesn't end as poorly.
Apr 8, 2016 11:49 PM

Nov 2008
This series reminds me of Lost

the anime

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 9, 2016 12:04 AM

Mar 2013
My memory of AB is a bit hazy, but that'd be both hilarious and ironic on the off-chance that one of them commit sudoku, just as the bus driver nearly did with every last passenger on board.
Happy Halloween
Apr 9, 2016 6:02 AM

Mar 2014
I did not spoil Angel Beats. What i said was revealed in the first 5 minutes of episode 1 and is in the synopsis iirc. People just did not catch it apparently.

@mira-pyon
StardustNyakoApr 9, 2016 6:27 AM
Apr 9, 2016 6:42 AM

Sep 2014
StardustNyako said:
I did not spoil Angel Beats. What i said was revealed in the first 5 minutes of episode 1 and is in the synopsis iirc. People just did not catch it apparently.

@mira-pyon

Saying that they
is a spoiler tho. I mean, for all you know I could go into the animu thinking that MC plot armour is gonna save everyone. Hence why it's a spoiler.

I mean, now everything that I see the characters do will be meaningless because I already know how it's gonna end. >.>
Apr 9, 2016 7:13 AM

Mar 2014
mira-pyon said:
StardustNyako said:

@mira-pyon

Saying that they
is a spoiler tho. I mean, for all you know I could go into the animu thinking that MC plot armour is gonna save everyone. Hence why it's a spoiler.

I mean, now everything that I see the characters do will be meaningless because I already know how it's gonna end. >.>
Its not, thats not the point of the show, thats not what the show is like at all. I wont say any more but the show is not w g at you think lol
Apr 9, 2016 7:19 AM

Sep 2014
StardustNyako said:
mira-pyon said:

Saying that they

Its not, thats not the point of the show, thats not what the show is like at all. I wont say any more but the show is not w g at you think lol

Which is another part of my point. I wouldn't be thinking that if you didn't spoil it. <.<

But this is getting super off-topic so I'll just stop there.
Apr 9, 2016 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
After episode 1 I supported a similar theory. Now after episode 2 I'm not sure anymore. Maybe going to be some sort of survival. Monster or something that makes people "disappeaer" (the previous citizens disappeared there are no bodies). Wouldn't be that interesting though.
Apr 16, 2016 8:23 AM

Sep 2009
I think this theory is pretty much one the dot. only I think they weren't killed. instead all of them had commited suicide and this is their punishment
Apr 18, 2016 8:46 PM

Mar 2016
Interesting theory...Personally hope it turns less Angel Beats and more Higurashi.
Apr 18, 2016 9:17 PM

Feb 2016
I had the exact theory from the first episode. I actually think so though. The driver probably died by committing suicide. Lovepon was most likely tortured. The guy that feels the need to survive probably died in the woods or he lacked survival skills etc. Their stories and characteristics says it all. The only characters that I don't think are dead are the girl with the psychological issues, the main character, and his best friend.

It's honestly really really disappointing that I still don't know their names. smh. I only know Valkana, Yottsun and Lovepon. RIP to the others.
Apr 19, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2015
Exhalant said:
I had the exact theory from the first episode. I actually think so though. The driver probably died by committing suicide. Lovepon was most likely tortured. The guy that feels the need to survive probably died in the woods or he lacked survival skills etc. Their stories and characteristics says it all.

That's interesting, and certainly plausible.

Exhalant said:
The only characters that I don't think are dead are the girl with the psychological issues, the main character, and his best friend.

I think it's only the MC. He may be in the verge of life and death. I don't know.

Exhalant said:
It's honestly really really disappointing that I still don't know their names. smh. I only know Valkana, Yottsun and Lovepon. RIP to the others.

Well, I'm bad at names... even more Japanese names. No wonder the names I barely remember in this series are the less-japanese like Lovepon, Valkana, MaiMai, Jack, etc.
Apr 19, 2016 10:28 AM

Oct 2009
I'll just paste my replies in the 3rd episode:
You know, reading up all the speculation you guys thrown out I think there is a possibility that most of your prediction is correct. That is if we follow the line of their entire trip and all the events happening in the village, as what the movie Identity (2003) accomplish.

Just as a spoiler to what happening in the motel in that movie:

Don't you think it is weird that the series start with the entire cast from the get go, and then no other people besides them are added, even after three episodes? Also why did the trip coordinator had that picture and documents? The characters in this show also very 'unique' and there's always a certain air about each of them, yet it seems they all quite psychotic, irrational, but more so, uniformly agreeable when it is about punishments?

To add my speculation of this series based on that movie premise:
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 19, 2016 12:28 PM

Oct 2013
It would be awesome had all the characters been dead prior to making this shit-tier mess.
Apr 19, 2016 12:37 PM

Feb 2016
HDarkmantis said:
Exhalant said:
I had the exact theory from the first episode. I actually think so though. The driver probably died by committing suicide. Lovepon was most likely tortured. The guy that feels the need to survive probably died in the woods or he lacked survival skills etc. Their stories and characteristics says it all.

That's interesting, and certainly plausible.

Exhalant said:
The only characters that I don't think are dead are the girl with the psychological issues, the main character, and his best friend.

I think it's only the MC. He may be in the verge of life and death. I don't know.

Exhalant said:

Well, I'm bad at names... even more Japanese names. No wonder the names I barely remember in this series are the less-japanese like Lovepon, Valkana, MaiMai, Jack, etc.

This was my full theory. I couldn't mention it before because I didn't remember names. lol

This is probably still pretty early on but...
I WANT TO SHARE A THEORY.

I think all the people attending the trip are all dead or they're spirits or some shit and the only two people that are physically alive are the MC,, Hayato and the girl with the psychological problems. There are a few hints that lead their after death experience:
1) Stalker
2) Gun fanatic
3) The guy who thinks survival is the key to life.
4) The girl that was sexually abused.
5) Bus driver with the intention to commit suicide.

I might be overthinking it but it makes sense to me.

Maybe the thingy that knocked on the bus door was actually a human. A human from the village of Nanakimura in fact. Most likely apart from those who were missing a year earlier. Maybe those villagers left the village and began to roam the surrounding forests and whoever knocked on the bus door convinced the bus driver to go back to the village to fulfill a certain task. lol idk.

In the first episode, all the characters had a reason why they "left home" because they wanted to escape from something. Nettaiya was stalked and that's eventually how she died. Same thing goes for all of them, their reasons for running away was actually how they died. I can't say the same for all the characters though, e.g: Valkana.
Apr 23, 2016 4:24 AM

Mar 2014
Maybe it's like Little Busters Refrain where

Apr 23, 2016 7:00 AM

Sep 2009
I'm slightly changing my theory. They are all still dead but each of them died while committing a crime of some sort or committing suicide.

Those that committed a crime have to live in this village and if they commit the same or a similar crime they will be killed off. Like how Yottsun tried to rape the Female MC but was killed off before he could commit the same crime.
Apr 24, 2016 1:32 PM

Nov 2015

I still go for the purgatory theory. Some people are starying to speculate around some kind of hallucinogen, which can also fit the events till now that are:

• Love-pon seeing dead bodies
  • Maimai seeing Mitsumune (nobody else said what they saw, they all just were scared, but we do not know why)
  • Jugdness seeing Jack (Which could really be there, or maybe not)
  • The driver seeing his dead daughter.

I think this goes arround sins, fears, or the way they died.
But so far, both theories could be true.
This got interesting!
May 8, 2016 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
No, I wouldn't say so. It's just too weird to be like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.