Forum Settings
Forums

Stuck in a loop of Wanting and not wanting to watch anime.

New
Mar 16, 2016 5:05 AM

Mar 2016
I go through a great series, im hooked! Then after i go to sleep after around 10 episodes, im bored of it the next day and i struggle to go back to anime - this has happened to like the past 5 anime ive watched. And for each one, i have been interested, just after an amount of time i cant watch any more and end up having a break for around a month. But during this time.. i really want to finish it, but while i also think i dont want to.

This is torture.. ;c

Mar 16, 2016 5:08 AM

Sep 2015
maybe try different genres? a change of pace is great.
Mar 16, 2016 5:11 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah, watching several anime concurrently (is this the right word?) might be the answer.

Otherwise, just force yourself to watch that anime the next day. It usually works for me, and after a few minutes I'm interested in it again.
Mar 16, 2016 5:12 AM

Mar 2016
Salokannel2 said:
maybe try different genres? a change of pace is great.

Thats what i try to do.
I usually go on a cycle of more action filled and eventful anime, to chilled back ones. I always try different types (while avoiding sports and mechs.)

Mar 16, 2016 5:12 AM

Dec 2015
I experience that everyday. Its annoying
Mar 16, 2016 5:27 AM

Jun 2012
turn around
walk away
never look back
you won't be missed
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 16, 2016 5:29 AM
May 2009
SOL's easiest thing to watch and get into when you are struggling to get into anime again.
Mar 16, 2016 5:30 AM

Mar 2016
CrappyGod-sama said:
turn around
walk away
never look back
you won't be missed

Woah, why so mean?
I still want to watch anime, its just that i struggle to continue watching anime without having big breaks in the middle.

Why you say i wont be missed? I cri ;c people on this website seem so meannnnn

Mar 16, 2016 5:31 AM

Jan 2016
flannan said:

Otherwise, just force yourself to watch that anime the next day. It usually works for me, and after a few minutes I'm interested in it again.

I have been doing this recently, because my watching and on hold list is getting ridiculous, and it has been working pretty well! ^_^
Mar 16, 2016 5:33 AM

Jun 2012
SirWabbits said:
CrappyGod-sama said:
turn around
walk away
never look back
you won't be missed

Woah, why so mean?
I still want to watch anime, its just that i struggle to continue watching anime without having big breaks in the middle.

Why you say i wont be missed? I cri ;c people on this website seem so meannnnn
You're not the first casual to make a thread about having the anime blues. It's one of those things that when I see people start crying about, all I can do is roll my eyes. There are plenty of other good things to do as a pass time in this world. You're probably trying to force yourself to watch anime when you could be doing something else. Any hobby can be exhausted quickly if one does not give themselves a breather from it. It's a real simple concept, actually.

And yeah, I definitely won't miss this kind of quality thread.

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

Mar 16, 2016 5:38 AM

Feb 2010
I recommend not thinking about whether or not you feel like watching right now so much and instead just start watching and decide afterwards.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 16, 2016 5:43 AM

May 2015
When I get bored of watching chinese cartoons I just lurk forums where people argue over chinese cartoons for a while, if it doesn't work there's a thing called outside, always reminds me how reality is scary and I'd much rather watch chinese cartoons
Mar 16, 2016 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
CrappyGod-sama said:
You're not the first casual to make a thread about having the anime blues. It's one of those things that when I see people start crying about, all I can do is roll my eyes. There are plenty of other good things to do as a pass time in this world. You're probably trying to force yourself to watch anime when you could be doing something else. Any hobby can be exhausted quickly if one does not give themselves a breather from it. It's a real simple concept, actually.

1) And yet, this forum doesn't have a FAQ thread stickied up.
You have no right to complain about frequently asked questions if you don't have a FAQ somewhere in an obvious place.

2) Most other threads here suck too. Yet I don't see enough complaints about them.
You're just being mean to newbies, which is bad for the community, reputation of anime fans and other big intangible stuff.
Mar 16, 2016 5:49 AM

Jun 2012
flannan said:
CrappyGod-sama said:

You have no right to complain about frequently asked questions if you don't have a FAQ somewhere in an obvious place.

2) Most other threads here suck too. Yet I don't see enough complaints about them.
You're just being mean to newbies, which is bad for the community, reputation of anime fans and other big intangible stuff.

1) I don't see how a sticky thread asking questions about getting past anime blues is something that is necessary in the first place.
I think that the answers are pretty obvious in most cases. FAQ's wouldn't be able to help anybody around here, unless the only question in it was "How do I use the search function?"

2) Despite being a shit stain in the anime community, I normally give my unadulterated opinion on a matter. I think being blunt and crass is more effective than sugarcoating and beating around the bush.
It's not as if what I said tot the OP wasn't genuine advice about learning how to moderate his hobbies. If you guys want to pamper every teenager with a mundane dilemma, so be it.

Mar 16, 2016 6:02 AM

Mar 2015
I hope I can be like OP.. Want to stop watching anime but.. This addiction is too strong..!!

This is torture.. ;c
This salad is salty favored
Mar 16, 2016 6:05 AM

May 2014
SirWabbits said:
I go through a great series, im hooked! Then after i go to sleep after around 10 episodes, im bored of it the next day and i struggle to go back to anime

If you feel that way then that anime probably sucked to begin with
Mar 16, 2016 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
CrappyGod-sama said:
flannan said:

1) I don't see how a sticky thread asking questions about getting past anime blues is something that is necessary in the first place.
I think that the answers are pretty obvious in most cases. FAQ's wouldn't be able to help anybody around here, unless the only question in it was "How do I use the search function?"

2) Despite being a shit stain in the anime community, I normally give my unadulterated opinion on a matter. I think being blunt and crass is more effective than sugarcoating and beating around the bush.
It's not as if what I said tot the OP wasn't genuine advice about learning how to moderate his hobbies. If you guys want to pamper every teenager with a mundane dilemma, so be it.

0) You seem to be misunderstanding. I wasn't asking for another thread like "help identify this anime". I was asking for a thread like "board rules", except instead of rules it would have a list of popular questions and appropriate answers for them.

1) If the answer was obvious, the OP would not have asked the question, right? You must be very young if you assume everybody shares your competence.
And if the answer is really obvious, it should be easy to write it into a FAQ, right?

2) Politeness is useful. It helps create a feeling that you've actually put some thought into what you're telling.
A piece of advice like "Don't force yourself to watch anime. There are better things to do in life" is a lot more likely to be followed.
Mar 16, 2016 6:19 AM

Jun 2012
flannan said:
2) Politeness is useful. It helps create a feeling that you've actually put some thought into what you're telling.
A piece of advice like "Don't force yourself to watch anime. There are better things to do in life" is a lot more likely to be followed.
I'm just going to ignore the hyper-sensitive crap, because it is just that - crap. I don't endorse the idea that we need to degenerate this forum any further by pandering to the people who create an account to just ask "why don't I like anime as much as I used to?"

CrappyGod-sama said:
There are plenty of other good things to do as a pass time in this world. You're probably trying to force yourself to watch anime when you could be doing something else. Any hobby can be exhausted quickly if one does not give themselves a breather from it.

What you choose to read is selective. When something is documented in text, it should be really easy to separate what's important and what's not.

Mar 16, 2016 6:26 AM
Apr 2014
I get tired of anime every other month. Then I usually get back to watching regular shows n movies in my free time for a long time till I start missing anime and then I pick up whatever I wanna watch and see how it goes from there until the cycle repeats itself all over again.
Mar 16, 2016 6:28 AM

Nov 2009
CrappyGod-sama said:
flannan said:
I'm just going to ignore the hyper-sensitive crap, because it is just that - crap. I don't endorse the idea that we need to degenerate this forum any further by pandering to the people who create an account to just ask "why don't I like anime as much as I used to?"

1) Surely the forum wouldn't get any worse from that. Because the only place worse than here is the *chans.

2) Sealing yourself off from the outside world leads only to stagnation. Stagnation is bad.
Mar 16, 2016 9:14 PM

Oct 2014
Just don't marathon series. Split it up so it doesn't get you burnt out. Besides there are plenty of other things to do. Or you could watch something that isn't anime.

CrappyGod-sama said:

I agree, being blunt and frank is good. But, being as jaded as you seem, wouldn't it be better to just ignore such threads and let them die as quickly as possible? I think you're easily one of the better posters on this forum right now and I'd rather not see you turn into a shitposter.
Mar 16, 2016 9:31 PM

Mar 2007
CrappyGod-sama said:
Any hobby can be exhausted quickly if one does not give themselves a breather from it.
Tell that to spacecowboy and Stark700....
You've come a long way, baby.
Mar 16, 2016 9:37 PM

Jun 2012
Kimura said:
CrappyGod-sama said:
Any hobby can be exhausted quickly if one does not give themselves a breather from it.
Escaping to the worlds of fiction and fantasy sometimes does more harm than it does good. Anything I could say to those two would not reach them in the soundproof booth they've locked themselves in. It is a pity, indeed.

Mar 16, 2016 9:46 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
mood changes only affect when i watch finished anime and how long it takes me to finish it. sometimes its less than a day, sometimes i break it up into a week or 2

but as far as airing shows go i just tend to watch them as soon as possible the day they're out, so ill "watch anime everyday" as long as there's a new episode of an airing show im watching out

but i NEVER feel the need to "take a break" anymore, i only did that when i was still too afraid to let people know i was this into it, and i was taking more classes at a time

i just enjoy anime way too much and i can't ever get bored of it
EcchiGodMamsterMar 16, 2016 9:50 PM
Mar 16, 2016 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
Kimura said:
CrappyGod-sama said:

I actually question about him... but at the same time I watch a lot.
Mar 16, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2015
That happens to me too. Quite a bit actually

I think the most recent time was when I finished K-On. It took me 2 days to fully go back to anime after finishing that anime.

It usually happens to me after I finish an anime I think is really good or an anime I didn't fully enjoy and get turned off from watching anime altogether. It's usually the former though.

Today was also a day when I felt more like coding and photoshopping than watching anime.
Mar 16, 2016 9:58 PM
Mar 2016
Well, I can definitely relate as this is happening to me at the moment. Can't really put my tongue on it, but I guess the best way to put it is that it's a stage where you're growing out of Anime. Believe it or not, after being so excited for Anime Expo and finally going to it, my taste and interest for Anime significantly decrease and ever since then I haven't watched Anime as I used to. Binge watching Anime used to be cake, however nowadays it seems like one episode takes a day to watch. >_<
Mar 16, 2016 10:00 PM
Feb 2015
I'm the same way. I have at least 10 animes on my list that are 'on-hold' now. Even though I was excited the first 10 episodes I hit a particularly angsty or boring part and somehow avoid going back to it.

Torture, indeed...
Mar 16, 2016 10:16 PM

Mar 2007
TheLittleRedHero said:
Kimura said:

I actually question about him... but at the same time I watch a lot.
Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one that questions them, at least.
You've come a long way, baby.
Mar 16, 2016 10:45 PM

Aug 2015
Happens to me all the time. I've got so many anime downloaded in my PC but rarely get myself to watch them. Also , time is an important factor
Mar 16, 2016 10:54 PM

Oct 2014
> bored watching anime
> only watched 15 +/- so far

Why not quit
Mar 16, 2016 10:58 PM

Mar 2016
xRhai said:
> bored watching anime
> only watched 15 +/- so far

Why not quit

Im not bored of it, i absolutely love anime, its just times when i find it hard to get back into watching the shows.

Mar 16, 2016 10:59 PM

Oct 2013
Have a similar problem. My problem is that every time I think I'm done with anime completely something else that looks interesting to me pops up. Then once I get started I can't bring myself to drop something even if I loose interest in it.
Mar 16, 2016 11:37 PM

Mar 2016
I think a big part of the issue is that doing other things - ESPECIALLY randomly derping around on the internet - is much easier than meaningfully engaging with fiction. This goes for books, films, etc. as well as anime. So we become hesitant to start watching something because we're being lazy and it would be easier to veg.

TV has a reputation for requiring little brain-power, but the simple act of following a plot and engaging with characters and themes is rocket science compared to the literal braindrain of unfocused internet browsing.

Not sure if any of this really applies to you OP, but generally that's what's often the reason I randomly don't feel like watching more of a show, even one I really like. Case in point, I'm posting on this thread rather than watching Planetes which is a fantastic show.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to go do that, enough screwing around.
raegazelMar 16, 2016 11:40 PM
Mar 16, 2016 11:43 PM

Oct 2014
I usually feel like shit after watching that much anime all at once. If you space it out over the course of the day then it's more manageable. Watching fewer episodes every day could also be a good idea. Watching both a slice of life anime and an action anime at the same time could cover your bases and help you to not get bored of watching the same thing.
Mar 17, 2016 12:12 AM

Apr 2014
lol, I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm watching Jojo and K-On at the same time and I'm like "Broooo these two anime are like polar opposites of each other lmfao. Moe vs. GAR, awwww yassss."

I don't know what to do with my life anymore.
Mar 17, 2016 12:57 AM

Aug 2015
How about try to read some mangas? Or LNs
Mar 17, 2016 1:30 AM

Oct 2014
Protaku said:
lol, I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm watching Jojo and K-On at the same time and I'm like "Broooo these two anime are like polar opposites of each other lmfao. Moe vs. GAR, awwww yassss."

I don't know what to do with my life anymore.
I do that sometimes too. After I finish a few more cute anime I'm going to start watching Berserk.

More topics from this board

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

183 by LostSpectre »»
20 seconds ago

» What's the most important feature in an anime for you?

new_Ango - 1 minute ago

0 by new_Ango »»
1 minute ago

» What exactly makes someone an elitist?

AV-25-MU - 4 hours ago

18 by LoveYourEyes »»
11 minutes ago

» Help me identify this anime!!

PUHPUHPUHPOWER - Yesterday

2 by BigBoyAdvance »»
17 minutes ago

» Did I ever tell you what the definition of stupidity is?

Rinrinka - Apr 30

30 by BigBoyAdvance »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.