Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2010 7:37 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I really liked the Doctors in this episode, up till now the show has been kinda stale. Buts its picking up good pace. Love it.
burntlettuceJan 17, 2010 5:26 PM
Aug 16, 2013 1:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Finally a good witch. The doctor had a strong sense of duty, even til the end, he wanted to save someone even if it meant using his own life to do so. What a scary power though, switching people's organs like that.
Jan 30, 2014 5:15 AM

Nov 2009
Not sure that I would consider that being completely "good" . . . I mean it is true that you could consider the people he was killing in the process to be worse off than the patient, however it isn't exactly just to kill someone just to save another's life.

Anyways, was the surgeon actually save the girl? Or was that last scene just the girl prior to whatever type of surgery she was about to go through.
May 26, 2014 11:41 PM

Aug 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:

Anyways, was the surgeon actually save the girl? Or was that last scene just the girl prior to whatever type of surgery she was about to go through.

I was wondering about that too. I think it's the latter. Kurosawa and Kirihara were planning to "cure" her way before her actual operation. The last scene happened the day after Kurosawa died and Kirihara was already in STN custody. I mean it would be weird if Robin waited a couple of days before she got her arm patched up right? Now I feel bad for the girl.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 16, 2015 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
This show's ok but it's sorely lacking in mystery. We usually have all the setup information in the first few minutes and things just slowly play out.

Back in the first episode they talked about a Witch who used his powers to awaken another Witch's power. I hoped that would develop into an ongoing thing but this is just plodding along, case by disposable case.
Sep 4, 2015 6:39 PM

Jul 2008
Still monster of the week stuff, I forget when the big plot starts but this one was okay seeing as we had a good witch in this one.
Sep 5, 2015 6:55 AM

Oct 2010
Probably the best episode so far. I liked that, unlike previous Witches, this one seemed to be good at heart and did what he felt was right up until the very end. Whether he was right or wrong is up for interpretation, this isn't the first time a show has asked the question, "is it right to save an innocent life in exchange for the life of a sinner?".

I do hope this starts to move away from monster-of-the-week affair and follow a deeper lying plot soon, however.
Dec 21, 2015 12:48 PM

Feb 2012
that jump was stupid lol i felt bad for Kurosawa tho :/

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 1, 2016 7:03 PM
Apr 2016
Amazing. Love the backstory of the doctors, and how in the end, they stay true to their professions.
Aug 26, 2016 11:31 AM

Feb 2013
Cool guy.
He was only taking the life of scumbags and giving it to people who deserve to live.
Mar 27, 2017 9:15 AM
Jul 2013
You've messed up real good this time STN-J. Everyone would be better off with the doctor alive, trading lives of death row inmates for incurable patients.
Apr 20, 2018 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative as I see it, has taken steps back. The best character turns out to be the doctor with magical powers, which with his act of courage, makes the final splendid and obscures the miserable interpretation of the protagonists. Narration too minimalistic in evolution and fast in rhythm.
Aug 7, 2019 5:13 PM

Jun 2015
So was the little girl cured ? I hope she was at least so that the doctor can keep his promise to his friend.

Jun 23, 2021 6:45 AM

Aug 2017
The "equivalent exchange" episode.

Sakaki surely held up well against chloroform for so long lol.

Strange to see Kirihara in STN's custody given that he doesn't have any powers.

I was wondering about that too. I think it's the latter. Kurosawa and Kirihara were planning to "cure" her way before her actual operation. The last scene happened the day after Kurosawa died and Kirihara was already in STN custody. I mean it would be weird if Robin waited a couple of days before she got her arm patched up right? Now I feel bad for the girl.

Maybe they allowed him to perform the operation before taking him in. Still open for interpretation though.

I wonder if Robin needs new glasses.

Back in the first episode they talked about a Witch who used his powers to awaken another Witch's power.

They said that it was impossible to "make" someone a witch, explaining that the person in question probably just realized he had powers after meeting someone similar.
St0rmbladeJun 23, 2021 6:49 AM
Jan 22, 2022 12:42 AM

Aug 2016

now we've all seen bepsi in our anime but this... I'd love to get my hands on some cockgola, I'm sure the taste is exquisite

jokes aside, very good episode with lots of atmosphere. its sad the witch was seemingly being used by his colleague, the scene where his face goes dark while he was reassuring the little girls (that never did end up being saved) was excellent foreshadowing. the music in the chase sequence at the end was also excellent. this show is dripping with atmoshpere
_zoop_Jan 22, 2022 12:54 AM
May 24, 2022 3:18 AM

Jan 2020
So even Robin is suspectable to the infamous Japan Cold.

A pretty good episode, but it looks like with the doctor in custody that latest patient may not survive at all. I guess he was the "mastermind" by setting up all the situations, and he seemed to actually benefit from the Witch-Doctor's powers. But, it's a pretty fine line of what they did. I feel like there is probably some middle-ground for witches to coexist with humanity. Though it seems like the Factory isn't willing to entertain that idea at all.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 7, 2023 11:48 AM

Aug 2017
Finally we got to see a good witch,
He really wanted to save people's lives to very last minute, that conversation between him and Robin was really deep,
I hope for the next episode we see a bigger threat with  more mysteries instead of obvious clues about criminals.
Oct 4, 2023 12:16 AM

Dec 2022
I'm not sure if that girl is actually going to survive when the "surgery" involved a now deceased witch's power, and a doctor who's in the custody of the STN-J.

Seems like the pair were targetting specific mafia guys, since they weren't exactly innocent.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 2 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 1, 2011

16 by ERKEK2000 »»
Apr 10, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 12 Discussion

tingy - Aug 16, 2013

13 by EvantheNerd83 »»
Feb 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 26 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 21, 2011

44 by twennyhundy »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 7 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 10, 2011

17 by fikriyeager »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 14 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 14, 2011

16 by Ilfracombe »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.