Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another heartwarming episode. especially the scene where chiffon visits chika at night was so great!
Apr 19, 2017 7:28 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, that chiffon visit in the middle of the night was super cute.

Wester's plans always seem to backfire epically.
Jan 5, 2019 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
That gave me diabetes, such a freaking adorable episode! Seeing Chiffon and the Precure giving that girl the push to take the surgery with less fear was so heartwarming, I loved it.

Feb 10, 2019 6:44 PM
Aug 2018
It was such a cute episode, but I wished the Pretty Cure actually visited Chika instead of just standing on top of the building.
Oct 22, 2020 10:57 PM

Jan 2010
The accessory making kit seems straight from Yes Precure 5. I'm not sure how, but I forget that this franchise sells merchandise like nobody's business.

Then again, Fresh Precure continues to address realistic issues. This episode was pretty damn heavy. It reminds me of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and, well, wow. I think this was my favorite episode thus far in the Precure franchise.

It's simple enough, where it's the Precure team going to cheer up a young girl about to undergo a serious surgery. I love the idea of the Precures directly helping their fans, specifically ones that need hope in their lives. Precure so far has been a team of young girls who act as assumed heroes and role models for their viewers. In Fresh Precure, they're no longer assumed heroes, but actual heroes to their town. For Chika, the Precures are her heroes and role models, and the Precures reciprocate those feelings by showing their love and support in her time of need. Her dangers aren't something as fantastical or allegorical as a monster attack or a world-ending villain, but an actual serious illness. This is the most realistic way I've seen Precure address any issues it has dealt with in the past, and I'm greatly thankful that Fresh Precure had an episode like this.

While I may think that the show is a colorful excuse to sell toys, if those toys can bring happiness in peoples' lives, then I'm completely fine with it all. Rather than a cheap plastic wand powered by batteries, I think those magical doohickeys can be interpreted as a means to channel all the hope, kindness, goodwill, strength, and bravery the Precures display in their constant battles against evil. It's super cheesy, but I'm fine with it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fresh Precure! Episode 50 Discussion

ariamachi - Jul 14, 2013

11 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 24, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Fresh Precure! Episode 41 Discussion

silverwalls - Feb 28, 2016

4 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 23, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Fresh Precure! Episode 29 Discussion

silverwalls - Feb 26, 2016

9 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 19, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Fresh Precure! Episode 48 Discussion

silverwalls - Feb 29, 2016

5 by nifetiseBOY »»
Oct 29, 2022 12:33 PM

Poll: » Fresh Precure! Episode 25 Discussion

Sasuke10271994 - Apr 6, 2011

5 by Attackonfiller »»
Oct 18, 2022 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.