Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2016 8:51 PM
Mar 2016
Anyone hear anything new on season 2 i really liked the ending possibilities for this anime and i think that if they do a second season it should be a 24 episode season were they gain all the chess pieces
Jul 12, 2016 8:59 PM

Jun 2015
CoolDude555 said:
Anyone hear anything new on season 2 i really liked the ending possibilities for this anime and i think that if they do a second season it should be a 24 episode season were they gain all the chess pieces

Best not keep your hopes up mate. Read the ln or something.
Jul 12, 2016 9:04 PM
Mar 2016
BRB-kun said:
CoolDude555 said:

Best not keep your hopes up mate. Read the ln or something.
is there really no hope for a season 2 at all u think
Jul 17, 2016 1:58 PM
Mar 2016
Not sure about a season 2 but a movie for it was just announced and I'm so HYPED!
Jul 19, 2016 1:46 AM

Jan 2015
MrCanada said:
Not sure about a season 2 but a movie for it was just announced and I'm so HYPED!
That actually raises the chances a tiny bit, gonna be an awesome movie!
Jul 19, 2016 7:38 AM

Oct 2013
Madhouse should spend money adapting actual good series, so hopefully nothing more than the movie.
Jul 19, 2016 4:34 PM
Jun 2016
I hope theres a second season soon i neeeeeed it in my life
Jul 22, 2016 3:29 PM

Jul 2016
This doesn't deserve another season so lets hope not.
Jul 23, 2016 2:12 PM
Apr 2016
Guys i have a question, i dont know how to open a new topic so i'll just ask it here. Hopefully some of you will know the answer...

In the first episode there were a fight going on and a duel and some people talking about some legends and if they are hacking or now. This is all before we meet the main caracters. Where is that scen from? I watched the whole thing and nother looked like that first fight??

I need to know the full stoy of that fight.. :D
Jul 27, 2016 7:01 PM
Jul 2016
No game no life season two will come out it has to i mean with the story line it has to happen or they will be no point best anime ever
I love anything and everything stratigey
Jul 28, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
RoxyGirl93 said:
I hope theres a second season soon i neeeeeed it in my life

yeah, me too !!
i watched season 1 for sure 20 times already. ~

MOVIE HYPE~~~~~
Aug 4, 2016 8:48 PM
Feb 2016
If the anime of no game no life hasxx been show in season 1 but the manga of season 1 is not finish so does ever real to make another season but not finish the season 1 manga of it
Aug 4, 2016 9:16 PM

May 2016
Do people really hate this Anime so much?.. I really wonder why. Lol. I think it was pretty well done for the type of story line they were going for. Or is it because of the "God" thing. Like, there's really one conclusion to the whole Anime if they don't throw some kind of surprise in there... ( I might have answered my own question.) Anyway, I really liked it and hope for a season two. It was fun to watch!
Aug 8, 2016 6:56 AM

Jul 2014
-Ryuutoshi- said:
Do people really hate this Anime so much?.. I really wonder why.

Because of the unlikable characters, bottom-of-the-barrel storyline, unfunny humor and fanservice that is even more cringeworthy than in other anime.
D-ohnutsAug 8, 2016 7:07 AM
Aug 8, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2013
Its score is 8.48, no people don't hate it. Just a few are hating on it, but that's the case for every anime.
Aug 20, 2016 2:58 PM
Mar 2015
D-ohnuts said:
-Ryuutoshi- said:
Do people really hate this Anime so much?.. I really wonder why.

Because of the unlikable characters, bottom-of-the-barrel storyline, unfunny humor and fanservice that is even more cringeworthy than in other anime.

You have to be dreaming if you think the characters are just unlikable, the storyline terrible and the fanservice being worse than other anime. I think it all fits together really well. It looks like a bunch of overused stuff mashed together and I am sure the art style just adds to the impression that it is just something that tried to sell itself as special when it isn't, but it actually does a really good job at utilizing these overly-familiar elements. It is trendy to hate on overused tropes, but it is a mark of good writing when you can make it mesh together so well. I am not going to go into detail about why my mind was blown about the storyline, but just know that it doesn't need to be 100% serious and I don't think a couple of hikkikomori NEETs becoming powerful is nearly as overused a theme as people say it is. And I am tired of people pretending that something is a trapped in an MMO story when it only is a fictional universe that runs on similar to game rules.

That being said, I can't say that the comedy is really central to the story. It might not have been great, but that is kind of a subjective topic in the first place. Also to clarify, the "fanservice" is mostly really light in this show. I think there are a lot of points where perverted moments are avoided or subverted in meaning and where the rules to the game are stretched sometimes, strictness would actually weaken the message that the show was able to deliver.

Gator said:
Its score is 8.48, no people don't hate it. Just a few are hating on it, but that's the case for every anime.

Considering the actual Myanimelist page, the problem is the highly voted reviews on the front page giving this anime a 4 and a 6. People tend to believe in reviews more than their actual experiences these days and these minority scores often get at the top just because a disagreement is seen as being brutally honest or courageous about not falling into the scams of the anime industry. No one who really cares about anime should be looking to the most popular reviews and basing their perspective on that alone. I tend to find that most reviewers completely miss the message of a show in the first place and they tend to simplify things in an unhelpful way even when there is a lot written.
JhaleAug 20, 2016 3:07 PM
Aug 30, 2016 11:49 AM
Aug 2016
amazing anime. Ending indicates a season two, maybe even three cause it will long to capture all that territory
Sep 2, 2016 6:36 AM

Feb 2016
Hopefully after the movie credits a hint at season 2 or they confirm it, if that happens i will be so happy.

Sep 2, 2016 7:28 AM

Jun 2016
not sure, but I hope they don't take too long like Attack on Titan I've been waiting for a second season forever and its finally coming back in 2017. hope they don't change the airing date...
anyways theres a a movie for NGNL this means it'll took even longer, I'm just hoping for Plum and Azriel (Jibirl's older sister) to show up in the movie.
ElghtSep 13, 2016 2:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2016 5:52 AM
Aug 2015
Things I need:
Spice and Wolf S3
Tokyo Ghoul S3
Just a tiny bit more ReLife
An English sub of Your Name
My Teen Romantic Comedy S3
No Game No Life S2

Things I probably won't get:
EVERYTHING EXCEPT Your Name, FML
Sep 12, 2016 4:49 PM

Feb 2013
RIP another unfinished series.
Like ffs, at least try to give it an ending.
Is it cause of the tracing or do they really do this so people buy the LN? What a joke.
Sep 12, 2016 8:06 PM

Aug 2016
Ramon293 said:
RIP another unfinished series.
Like ffs, at least try to give it an ending.
Is it cause of the tracing or do they really do this so people buy the LN? What a joke.

i hate how many unfinished series there are just to get people to buy there LN or manga or whatever... and i cant check to see if the series get concluded in the first season because i always get spoiled :(
Sep 13, 2016 1:29 AM

May 2016
it was totally awesome , really need a second season
Oct 28, 2016 5:38 AM
Aug 2016
There's a manga series for No Game No Life so I'm hoping they will continue the anime series. All I can say for now is that the producers are probably pulling an Attack on Titan. Not sure if they're even making a second season.
Oct 29, 2016 7:29 PM
Oct 2016
Stop asking questions like this... Obviously they're going to continue the anime since it is not finished yet :P. They wouldn't leave it for the audiance right there.......
Nov 9, 2016 9:00 AM
Apr 2016
NGNL S2 on Winter 2017 !!! yup its coming !! :)
Nov 11, 2016 8:52 PM
Nov 2016
_DeStRoYeR_ said:

Where did You see it?
Nov 14, 2016 2:29 AM
Apr 2016
FastForward997 said:
_DeStRoYeR_ said:

Where did You see it?
Well..my bad..not s2..but a movie one the way...it is coming next year...btw this info is 70% legit..i am not fully sure tho !! lets hope it comes !!
Dec 7, 2016 5:48 AM
Nov 2016
It's technically possible though a movie has been announced. No official release date yet but, we know it's there. According to internet source, it's adapted to the sixth volume o the light novels.
Dec 7, 2016 6:02 AM
Jun 2012
Like they say on 4chan 2 season never
Dec 17, 2016 6:15 PM
Jul 2015
its been december 18 , will it release soon??

Dec 21, 2016 8:27 PM

Apr 2015
STR-Review said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoGameNoLife/comments/3xmsf2/season_2_of_no_game_no_life_possibly_confirmed/
not a 100% confirmation, but a possibility. With sales and the LN still going on it's inevitable for a 2nd season we just don't know when. However, i'm confident that their will be one before the end of 2016.

Sooo...
Not seeing anything yet
Dec 23, 2016 12:41 AM
Sep 2015
they announced a movie! not S2, but I'm sure if sales are good a S2 will come. I knew we would see something before the end
Dec 30, 2016 1:23 PM
Dec 2016
ArellanoSamuel22 said:
Is it true that Season Two will be release this August 2016?
Nope, cause it's nearly new years :/ WAY past august. Sorry to break your dreams hun
Jan 1, 2017 10:02 PM
Jun 2016
No Game No Life will probably have a season 2. To me it was implied at the end of season 1 because of how Shiro and Sora said to Old Deus to play a game with them. Plus, the viewers want to see the heros take over the world.
Jan 1, 2017 10:13 PM

May 2015
kodykhaos said:
No Game No Life will probably have a season 2. To me it was implied at the end of season 1 because of how Shiro and Sora said to Old Deus to play a game with them. Plus, the viewers want to see the heros take over the world.

those reasons won't necessarily lead to a second season. but im still hoping
Jan 1, 2017 10:14 PM
Jun 2016
Shiiinobu said:
kodykhaos said:

True, true. But it would make sense
Mar 5, 2017 6:43 PM
Apr 2010
kodykhaos said:
Shiiinobu said:

Saw somewhere that the Brazilian fan page hinted at a season two because the movie is supposed to be volume six and season one covered volumes one and two. But then again madhouse is notorious for making good shows and just dumping them after 1 seasin.
Mar 9, 2017 4:33 AM
Jan 2016
Damn_Animal said:
kodykhaos said:

Saw somewhere that the Brazilian fan page hinted at a season two because the movie is supposed to be volume six and season one covered volumes one and two. But then again madhouse is notorious for making good shows and just dumping them after 1 seasin.

your talking as if the movie is confirmed. many people already said it wont be coming. its way past time and also if a movie was announced we would have a trailer or a official announcement
Mar 11, 2017 12:02 AM
Sep 2016
Yah we need season two
Mar 11, 2017 6:45 PM
Mar 2017
I don't know if there will be a new season but I do know they are wasting their time on a movie. Their site says

2014年4月にTVアニメ化され、大ヒットを記録した『ノーゲーム・ノーライフ』。
2017年、ついに劇場公開されます!
今なお高い人気を誇るMF文庫J屈指の物語が、スクリーンに登場!
劇場版のタイトルは『ノーゲーム・ノーライフ ゼロ』。
監督はTVシリーズに引き続き、いしづかあつこ氏、アニメーション制作はMADHOUSEです。

続報をお楽しみに!

さあ――ゲームをはじめよう

which translates to: No game no life" which was made into TV animation in April 2014 and recorded a big hit.
In the year 2017, it will finally be released to theaters!
Still a high popularity MF Bunko J The foremost story appears on the screen!
The title of the movie version is "No Game No Life Zero".
Directed by Mr. Isatsuka Atsuko, following the TV series, animation production is MADHOUSE.

Please look forward to the next report!

Let's get started

Also if their is a manga or lite novel that finishes the story please tell me how to find it.
Mar 14, 2017 9:19 PM
Nov 2016
I want to start a Kickstarter to raise money for No Game No Life to give to Madhouse Studio however, since I am an American and do not speak Japanese I don't know how to call tweet or in any way contact them to see if they would be willing to make the anime with the funds. Does anybody know how to help me with this problem
Apr 2, 2017 4:42 AM
Sep 2016
PatheticRanger said:
No Game No Life like most good anime with potential that hasn't finished the story in 1 season, sadly probably never :(.

exactly it's the same with anime like deadman wonderland, parasyte etc they all end but with either/both a) an actual ending that explains and concludes the plot with a few minutes to spare b)has a full 12 or 13 season that doesn't exactly go in depth with every single things that fans needed to be informed on. sadly i can imagine it not getting season 2 but i can also imagine season 2 after the movie
May 4, 2017 12:33 AM

Dec 2015
Don't give up hope, madhouse may break it's chain, like with OPM
It's not the Slates that is essential to people. What we need is...
Well...
A small table to share a meal... That's more than enough.

That's my conclusion. The answer I've reached as the Silver King.
May 5, 2017 1:18 AM

Dec 2015
If Overlord can get a second season, NGNL can too.
Wait until the movie has aired
Jun 21, 2017 4:48 PM
Jun 2017
Just like Overlord I'm left with so many freaking questions why do they always stop after one season I guess you got to be some stupid mainstream anime to go any further
Jun 22, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2016
ZOMBIe420 said:
Just like Overlord I'm left with so many freaking questions why do they always stop after one season I guess you got to be some stupid mainstream anime to go any further

Overlord 2 season is confirmed https://myanimelist.net/anime/35073/Overlord_2
Jun 22, 2017 11:57 AM

Jun 2017
Seeing how there's a new movie coming out at least shows that they haven't just forgotten it. I'd hope that this means a 2nd season could still happen.
Jun 29, 2017 5:56 PM

Jun 2017
YayaChibi said:
The novels went way farther than just the 3 volumes displayed in the anime but I believe they canceled the rest of it because of either his health conditions or because they say he was 'tracing':
More about the case here:
http://www.otakutale.com/2014/no-game-no-life-artist-yuu-kamiya-allegedly-caught-tracing-other-peoples-work/
I do hope they decide to continue the series because the novels are amazing and an anime adaption would be wonderful. Especially since they stay true to the LN and mangas.

that tracing claim is so stupid. it is based only him using the same generic pauses. one of the examples is literally a two characters just sitting on the ground. this is facepalm inducing.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Yesterday, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.