Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 29, 2008 7:07 AM

Feb 2008
Haruhi-Sama said:
Willypiggy said:
Heres hoping Orihime opens a can of whoop ass.

Anyway, I liked this episode, apart from when Nel's bogies went allover Ichigo, that was a WTF moment for me...

no that was hilarious! XD oh nel! u gotta love her

That was... strange or lame. I don't really like that kind of "humour" and I don't know how many do either.

Neonquest said:
Liked the episode: everything exept for renji scene's, he's turning out to be a discrace. He used 2 be so cool in SS arc :/

Imagine he can't use his Bankai against an Espada in that situation... he couldn't do better, and he sure tried, we gotta give him that. But bankai means increasing his own abilities, as well as the sword's, so it's understandable. Btw, I don't really like Renji either :P
FenixAiur said:

Are you denying the fact that the episodes before Ulquiorra were slow? =p

Are you denying the fact that Ishida's battle, as well as Ichigo's with the horn-guy, and even Chad's, weren't at least interesting? The lamest was Rukia's, but then again, it wasn't such a surprise either :P
ContribuitorFeb 29, 2008 7:14 AM
Feb 29, 2008 7:21 AM

Aug 2007
Shinigami Golden ftw!:D
Finally starting to love Bleach again ^^ And well, Nel's booger part was hilarious for me too XD la gasp Ulquiorra is only 4? =_= And they are planing to defeat Aizen when even they are no match to Ulquiorra and gang TT_TT

And yay for Grimmjow! It's about time for him to show up! <3

Feb 29, 2008 7:27 AM

Dec 2007
I had totally forgotten that Ulquiorra's number is not revealed until this point. I knew way before reading the Manga, so I wasn't amazed by that. =/
Feb 29, 2008 11:20 AM

Feb 2008
Ahh can't wait for some of the things coming up.. Though it'll probably be half a year for something epic.. Those who read the manga, will know!
Feb 29, 2008 11:34 AM
Jun 2007
Its been a long time since I was impressed by a Bleach episode. the studio did a marvelous job in animating the "fight" between Ichigo and Ulquiorra. they didn't drag it out like the previous ones.
Feb 29, 2008 3:04 PM

Feb 2008
Contribuitor said:

Neonquest said:
Liked the episode: everything exept for renji scene's, he's turning out to be a discrace. He used 2 be so cool in SS arc :/

Imagine he can't use his Bankai against an Espada in that situation... he couldn't do better, and he sure tried, we gotta give him that. But bankai means increasing his own abilities, as well as the sword's, so it's understandable. Btw, I don't really like Renji either :P

You got a point, i think bleach characters need more stragedy, like Ishida. Whenever they're weaker they just seem to pointlesly attack the enemy without a plan.
Feb 29, 2008 6:47 PM

Feb 2008
Bleach still sucks major balls, but to be honest I didnt expect to get to see Ichigo fight Ulquiorra this episode so it deserves a 2 / 5
Feb 29, 2008 7:03 PM

Sep 2007
lame troll is lame
Feb 29, 2008 9:01 PM

Feb 2008
Ivantrollet said:
Bleach still sucks major balls, but to be honest I didnt expect to get to see Ichigo fight Ulquiorra this episode so it deserves a 2 / 5

I wonder why you even watch the series? You obviously dislike it o.0
Feb 29, 2008 11:42 PM

Feb 2008
Ivantrollet said:

Let me ask you, if you deslike Bleach so much, why don't you just drop it (since you obviously hate it)?
Mar 1, 2008 7:01 AM

Oct 2007
it was cool episode but i hope it will be better next time.
Mar 1, 2008 5:21 PM
Oct 2007
Now, this was some episode for me, probably because of Ulquiorra (the part with showing his espada number, mmmm! and scary too o_O) xD Quite short recap at the beginning, big plus. Gladly voted 'loved it' after few eps of big disappointments ;D

Now, I would like to see some of chars die, don't get me wrong I don't hate any, but it is kinda strange that it is always too hard to give finishing blow, when someone is lying unconscious. It's obvious that Ichigo won't die nor Rukia but someone else ... Oh, and yeh, I know that it's shounen :p

They have to seriously power up if they want do something, maybe some reinforcements from SS or that guys with hollow masks?

Och, and the bi*ch duo shall be punished!
Mar 1, 2008 7:29 PM

Apr 2007
Best Ulquiorra episode yet! :D I'd say more but it'll just be spoilers.

Mar 2, 2008 5:58 AM

Nov 2007
Nel, as usual, was the best part of this episode.

I like how we get to watch all the main characters slowly get destroyed. There's something about an invincible, never-losing team that makes anime boring. The "good guys" have to lose some of the time, or else there's no point in watching.

And ironically, Ishida seems to be the 'strongest' of the group thus far...having been the only person to succeed at anything in this disasture-filled bust of a mission.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to travel to the enemy's main base, when your superiors (the captains) can't defeat a single espada on earth? Obviously our main characters weren't thinking...at all.
Mar 2, 2008 6:23 AM

Feb 2008
hybridkiller said:

I like how we get to watch all the main characters slowly get destroyed. There's something about an invincible, never-losing team that makes anime boring. The "good guys" have to lose some of the time, or else there's no point in watching.

And ironically, Ishida seems to be the 'strongest' of the group thus far...having been the only person to succeed at anything in this disasture-filled bust of a mission.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to travel to the enemy's main base, when your superiors (the captains) can't defeat a single espada on earth? Obviously our main characters weren't thinking...at all.

Yes....i agree! Making the good guys loose is good somtime, but i think ichigo's lost 2 mutch. Yami / grimmjow 2x / Ulquiorra / and a hard fight against that privaron guy!!!
He rly needs 2 step up.

And i wonder why byakuya didn't stop Rukia and Renji. We're talkin about espada' and Aizen!!!

Mar 2, 2008 6:32 AM

Dec 2007
Because at the end he understands Rukia's and Renji's will to save Orihime? I guess it's something between those lines. =p
Mar 2, 2008 2:16 PM

Jun 2007
I think this is episode is the best so far in the arrancar arc.
Im actually looking forward the next ep.
bleach is getting better and better and I hope it keeps going like that, while naruto shippuuden is getting worse.
with this episode, now I think: bleach > naruto shippuuden
what I think will happen/ want to happen in the the next episode:
1. nel will heal ichigo (I think)
2. when inoue realizes that ichigo is not dead, she will kick their asses (I hope <333)
3. and ulqui is going to see that^

as for renji & ishida's fight, Im not really into it.

anyway, I do hope inoue will do something instead of being rescue =333
Mar 2, 2008 6:44 PM

Feb 2008
hybridkiller said:

I agree, why would they think that they would win against the espada when they couldn't do any major damage on earth?

As for Ishida, I think that it is ironic that he used to hate the shinigami and now here he is the one who exeling in the battle fighting along side with them.

I thought this episode was pretty good, it went at a decent pace and it left you wondering what will happen to Ichigo, Rukia and Sado. Then there is Grimmjow..
Mar 3, 2008 12:54 PM
Oct 2007
xxjanism said:

2. when inoue realizes that ichigo is not dead, she will kick their asses (I hope <333)
3. and ulqui is going to see that^

I would like Uluqi go berserk and take revenge for poor Inoue ^.- And after that ... *my_fantasies*
Mar 5, 2008 11:28 AM
Feb 2008
definitely looking forward to the fight w/ Ishida, finally two brainy characters who don't just rush into things all the time. I'm glad he's getting his due.
Mar 18, 2008 2:46 AM

Feb 2007
Avarice said:
Its been a long time since I was impressed by a Bleach episode. the studio did a marvelous job in animating the "fight" between Ichigo and Ulquiorra. they didn't drag it out like the previous ones.

I'd have to agree. I was pretty happy to see that this "fight" wasn't ruined by lackluster animation or slow pace.
Mar 18, 2008 2:15 PM
Dec 2007
Nel is soo ocute omg <3 I think i could watch an entire episode of just her saying "Itsygo"

.. okay not really but <3

Can't believe Ulquiorra is only four and he just demolished Ichigo. Scaryyyyy.
Sep 21, 2008 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
Great episode. I wonder what gonna happen with Ichigo since Ulquiorra gave him a big wound. That duo really pisses me of, poor Orihime, KILL THE DAMN BASTARDS!!! XD

Dec 13, 2008 11:55 AM

Nov 2008
Shinigami golden made me laugh.
Jul 29, 2009 10:27 AM

Mar 2009
I liked it even though it was samey. I don't like Inoue but this was the first episode I felt sorry for her. The Shinigami picture book was really funny.

Mar 28, 2010 11:49 PM

Oct 2008
Ahh Ulquiorra is so hawt. :3 And Renji to save the day.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 7, 2010 1:09 AM

Jan 2010
LOL @ Shinigami golden :D
Apr 18, 2011 4:07 AM

May 2009
I enjoyed the Ichigo and Ulqiorra fight and I did feel sorry for Orihime for once
Mar 12, 2012 10:14 PM

May 2011
First and foremost, LMFAO at Orihime getting bullied by those 2 Arrancar. They look sexier when they're bullying Orihime some reason... ^^ Though I do feel a little bad for her, it was just too amusing to watch.

Ichigo vs Ulquiorra was flashy. Too bad Ulquiorra just wiped the floor with him though. Scary to see that he's just #4. Speaks a lot about the first 3.

Ishida! That epic heroic entrance! Show the other Megane who the more powerful Megane is!

Also, I caught a glimpse of Grimmjow in the preview. FINALLY.
Sep 22, 2012 12:04 PM

Jun 2012
these episodes are Slowly getting better.... its about time!
EL. PHY. CONGROO.

Jan 3, 2013 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
Ulquiorra vs Ichigo was awesome. But damn Ulquiorra is that powerful even in his base form. Anyways it was nice to get an action scene with Ulquiorra since he is my favorite Espada and by far my favorite in the show.

Looks like the two bitches are bullying Orihime. I actually felt sorry for her. I hope someone puts those 2 bitches in their place.

Nel <3
Jun 18, 2013 11:43 AM

May 2013
Aaahhh~ I want a picture of Ukitake-taichou <3 -^.^-
Sep 27, 2013 7:11 AM

May 2012
Poor Orihime getting pestered for nothing... But damn didn't thought Ichigo would failed to kill him, well lets just hope that Chad, Rukia and Ichigo will make it and that Orihime actually does something about those two evil girls...
Feb 24, 2014 4:11 PM

Oct 2013
Didn't expect that Ulqiorra was espada number 4,seem this as an imposible misson for Ichigo.

Mar 25, 2015 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
it is the best episode for this arc ! ichigo vs ulquiorra was very cool ( i like ulquiorra's reaction to ichigo's mask..the same of grimmjow's in episode 139)
omg ! can't orihime use santen kisshun to defend her self or koten zanshu or whatever its name to destroy the room and go to help rukia ?!
Aug 24, 2015 5:39 PM
Dec 2014
Bleach takes the not finishing off the enemy trope to a new level. Just like when Byakuya left Ichigo, it's dumb as fuck
Nov 9, 2015 1:48 PM

Jul 2013
If Ichigo can't defeat Ulquiorra he'll never defeat the others.

I can't believe he punched his fist in to Ichigo, ouch.

The pink haired one is too good for Renji too and he's like #8.

Uryuu came to his rescue though in the end.

Those girls were mean to Orihime, don't stamp on a persons head!
Dec 30, 2015 9:05 AM
Dec 2015
What the f**k is wrong with those aizrn b****es?! Can they just go in a hole and die?! This one was a really good episode (not a filler! Yay!).
Oct 3, 2016 7:11 PM
Jan 2012
good liked to see episode in second time.
In the first and second time percept power and strong of ulquiorra.
The ichigo emotions are very intense and sincere in this episode.
Ulquiorra make a sucess to create a fear or intimidate ichigo.
Despite of reactions of loly and menoly,Inoue orihime didn't rage about/anger them. I don't have rage anger them because understand your situation.
Remember the apparison/appears Uryu so make happy in final of this episode. Because a good surprise for abarai.
Good for development of plot and battle Uryu and Abarai vs Szayel.
RafaKojiroOct 8, 2016 1:10 PM
Feb 23, 2017 12:33 PM

Apr 2009
heh, Ulqi's expression when Ichigo pulled his mask on =w=

love me some Golden there, sooo sad that they censored it, i wanna know how much was revealed _xD!!!
...i wish i was Kiyone :F---

-so i've already seen this, but that was like, 10 years ago or something,
but i've a suspicion that Ulqi will show up and beat a couple of Bs .w.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jul 15, 2017 8:36 AM
Sep 2011
Rewatching the series.
Looking for opinions on what exactly the significance of the following is: when Ichigo falls down face first with a hole in his chest, his red/black energy seems to leave him a bit... But why does the same color energy seem to leave Inoue as well??!?! At the moment of Ichigo's "death" we discover that some of his power has been kept by Inoue? Protecting her? Need theories here everyone...
Apr 7, 2020 3:09 AM
Nov 2018
Ishida being the smartest and the best in their group so far. He ain't so powerful but he's been defeating the shinigami captains and hollow elites on his own. And didn't even get a scratch. But of course, he brings all the equipments and use them as much as a ninja does tho :D

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

May 10, 2020 2:15 PM

May 2018
welp. Ichigo got fucked up by Ulquiorra. He really needs a power up soon
May 21, 2020 5:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg Renji was VERY angry, I also I was angry too because of these bitches acting rude to Orihime, a bit disappointed about Ichigo and Ulquiorra fight...
Aug 26, 2020 5:05 AM
Aug 2020
Shurtugal said:
The fight between renji, ishida and syazel is going to take so long...

And i just realised this is the first time that they're working together! Renji and Ishida i mean.

The shinigami golden is so so wrong....and how could a captain NOT know that they were coming...but then it's ukitake after all...lol

the black haired girl is not butter butter butter, she is soi fon a captain too, and the lrival/best friend of yoruichi...her bankai is an ICBM missile
Quo_DixiAug 26, 2020 5:18 AM
Feb 17, 2021 11:06 PM
Aug 2020
A little bit shocking to learn Ulquiorra isn't the number 1 Espada… but not at all shocking that Ichigo couldn't beat him on the first try.

Looks like Ishida arrives just in time to help bail Renji out... so is the pink-haired Grantz Hueco Mundo's version of Mayuri? Hmm...

And what's up with the jealous girls beating up Orihime? I hope she fights back.

That Shinigami Golden was... wild and unexpected. "Shall I take off the bottom?"
"STOP!"
Feb 17, 2021 11:08 PM
Aug 2020
Yasuhiro- said:
Ishida being the smartest and the best in their group so far. He ain't so powerful but he's been defeating the shinigami captains and hollow elites on his own. And didn't even get a scratch. But of course, he brings all the equipments and use them as much as a ninja does tho :D

I was thinking this too! Renji and Ichigo just kinda dive head first into their fights and use their power to their advantage... but in every fight we've seen with Ishida, he's always analyzing his opponents to find their weaknesses. He strategizes, and I think that's why he's been winning.
Mar 31, 2021 11:47 PM
Nov 2018
Why even quote and post when people rarely discuss in this section.
Even when someone comes, you're just gonna sht on them cuz you are always greedy, selfish, moody and gonna make them leave anyway

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

May 3, 2021 10:19 PM
Nov 2019
I just want someone to say it’s orihime fault😂😂😂they said stay out the fight and what she do,gets caught and turns it into a save orihime arc
May 1, 2022 11:05 AM
Oct 2019
Ichigo really think he could win with one Getsuga Tenshō againts Ulquiorra. come on lmao

Shinigami Zukan, Ukitake got Sexual Harrasment
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 342 Discussion ( 1 2 )

K-Shuun - Oct 10, 2011

75 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 10, 2008

60 by Iron_Karma »»
Yesterday, 10:40 AM

» Does Bleach Get Any Better?

DaveMasters123 - Oct 8, 2018

40 by Rhae »»
May 5, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

55 by hejkahej »»
May 4, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 112 Discussion

Scribbly - Aug 1, 2008

30 by roiumihnea »»
May 4, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.