Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 8, 2016 11:51 PM
Jun 2013
Is India the most colourful place on Earth? Spectacular images show the Asian country at its most vibrant .

Holi is a Hindu festival of colours that celebrates life and love. During the festival, people throw coloured powder at each other (pictured)

Colourful trucks, like these in Rajasthan, north India, are a common sight in the country. Their decoration varies according to the region

Rising up to 170 feet in the air, the 14 towers of the Meenakshi Temple are adorned by an impressive display of around 33,000 sculptures - all accentuated with a riot of bright colours

At a sari factory, this woman (above) raises a length of dyed fabric. The materials a generally coloured with natural dye and hung out to dry

This building in Kolkata, east India, is made alive by the colourful saris hung out to dry. They fall in contrast to the blue background

A group of people sit outside in Himachal, north India. Some how, even among all the colours, their individual shades seem to stand out

Victoria Terminus in Mumbai is lit up in glorious shades of purples and reds (above) but it's beautiful architecture is left plain in the day

A man sells coloured powder with spices at his stall in Mysore, south India. As well as Holi, the powders are also used for decorations

Colourful umbrellas (above) are set outside a shop in Jaipur, north India, allowing shoppers to easily admire the products and browse

This Indian man wears a traditional Rajasthan turban. As turbans are a Sikh man's personal choice, this man is clearly very colourful

The man above reads a paper as he tends his colourful stall in Mysore, south India. Colourful food is also seen in the country's spices

SHARE COLOURFULL THINGS FROM YOUR AREAS
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2016 12:46 AM

Aug 2013
I was opening this thread on my smartphone and somehow it killed the browser. Just now i switched to my laptop and it's ok.

OP, perhaps you should put all those images inside spoiler tag.
Feb 9, 2016 12:47 AM
Jun 2013
Amiluhur said:
I was opening this thread on my smartphone and somehow it killed the browser. Just now i switched to my laptop and it's ok.

OP, perhaps you should put all those images inside spoiler tag.

No Idea ! On how to use Spoiler Tags ???
Feb 9, 2016 1:07 AM

Apr 2014
No, India is actually brown and ugly.
Feb 9, 2016 1:11 AM

Jan 2015
Problably? I dont know. I certainly dont think colorful = beauty though, many of the color palletes used dont exactly blend together in a pleasing way. Instead it clashes together in a strikingly nauseous pattern that just looks messy. But to be fair I find India to be a pretty unique place compared to many.
Feb 9, 2016 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
Damn the Meenakshi Temple looks so awesome

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 9, 2016 1:21 AM

Jan 2016
Hahaha, aren't you the same guy who made the Tourism thread?

Anyway, since I've not seen everything, I can't say if India is or isn't "the most colourful place on Earth." You can't make the comparison too as you fall into the same category, so does everybody. Therefore, all I can say, being an Indian, is that it's a drop dead gorgeous country rich in arts and culture and there's no point in undermining any other place, Ashish.
Feb 9, 2016 1:26 AM
Jun 2014
Go to Portugal, Brazil or South Africa.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Feb 9, 2016 1:40 AM
Jun 2013
MistaHipsta said:
Hahaha, aren't you the same guy who made the Tourism thread?

Anyway, since I've not seen everything, I can't say if India is or isn't "the most colourful place on Earth." You can't make the comparison too as you fall into the same category, so does everybody. Therefore, all I can say, being an Indian, is that it's a drop dead gorgeous country rich in arts and culture and there's no point in undermining any other place, Ashish.

That is why I used IS ? and asked others to share .

Bambi said:
No, India is actually brown and ugly.

India is a Country of mixed races .

We have our fair share of White and Black People .
May be brown are more common .
Feb 9, 2016 9:25 AM
Mar 2015
Seems like the important Hindu tradition of the country has made them drown in various colors.
India is pretty much different, sometimes beautiful on some places you'll go if you don't care about crossing the smelly streets.
Feb 9, 2016 9:45 AM

Aug 2014
nah..i . Dont ..think.. so..... .-.

Feb 9, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2015
Nop, South American countries are the most colorful...
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 9, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2008
The food in india is definitely the most colorful, you have most of the herbs and spices on the face of the Earth.

Feb 9, 2016 10:10 AM

Dec 2015
Sexymofo said:

I was in Portugal recently and I wouldn't have called it colorful.
Feb 9, 2016 10:24 AM
Jun 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
Sexymofo said:

I was in Portugal recently and I wouldn't have called it colorful.

Yea I lied. Portugal is filled with dinosaurs and dragons!
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Feb 9, 2016 10:46 AM

Mar 2011
When I read the title I thought you were referring to how people living in the slum has to poop on the beach..

But yeah, going by your pictures they seem to appreciate strong colors.
Feb 9, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2009
Germany (and other German-speaking Areas also have) has already lost its Colors if you compare it to the Imperial Time:

The closest "colorful" City nearby is possibly Schwäbisch Hall:

Personally, I'm less a Fan of extreme vibrant Colors, but rather of modest Hues. But I can still enjoy looking at Markets like this one:

And the Rest can be made a bit more colorful during special Seasons as well:
Feb 9, 2016 11:11 AM
Jun 2013
Noboru said:
Germany (and other German-speaking Areas also have) has already lost its Colors if you compare it to the Imperial Time:

The closest "colorful" City nearby is possibly Schwäbisch Hall:

Personally, I'm less a Fan of extreme vibrant Colors, but rather of modest Hues. But I can still enjoy looking at Markets like this one:

And the Rest can be made a bit more colorful during special Seasons as well:

Thanks For the lovely Pics .

#Keepthemcomming
Feb 9, 2016 11:26 AM

Mar 2012
Do I hear India??

D E S I G N A T E D
E
S
I
G
N
A
T
E
D
Feb 9, 2016 11:32 AM

Dec 2015
Very beautiful.
I have seen pics of other countries that are just as colorful and beautiful (like parts of Africa and East Asia), but still very vibrant colors in these photos.
Banner credit to @turnip
Feb 9, 2016 3:43 PM

Feb 2015
I find great Beauty in the lack of deodorant :)
Feb 9, 2016 3:50 PM

Mar 2010
My eyes ;w;

Yeah thats incredibly colorful. Thats a pimped out bus/truck :o just imagine if all buses were like that..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 9, 2016 4:22 PM

Jun 2012
I went to India for 3 weeks and traveled around there. A lot of places can be really beautiful and nice, but then you turn your head 90 degrees and see a slum with people covered in dirt living in huts that look like they're made out of ripped up old clothes. You get to see the huge class difference between people without even being able to ignore it. India is definitely from being a colourful place. It was actually an extremely dirty and depressing place for the most part. Never have I been so happy to leave a warm climate to come back to the Great Canadian Winter.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 9, 2016 4:30 PM

Sep 2015
That temple hurts my eyes when I look at the picture lol. So many colours.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 9, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
Lol this cherry picking, Holybaptiser has the right idea.

You should actually go to India and see how it is instead of looking at a bunch of pictures on the internet. It's a 3rd world country and it has all the problems that other 3rd world countries have. That being said, yeah it's pretty colorful, but honestly who cares? You can look at your pretty pictures from the safety of your computers screen.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 9, 2016 7:59 PM
Jun 2013
Holybaptiser said:
I went to India for 3 weeks and traveled around there. A lot of places can be really beautiful and nice, but then you turn your head 90 degrees and see a slum with people covered in dirt living in huts that look like they're made out of ripped up old clothes. You get to see the huge class difference between people without even being able to ignore it. India is definitely from being a colourful place. It was actually an extremely dirty and depressing place for the most part. Never have I been so happy to leave a warm climate to come back to the Great Canadian Winter.
LoneWolf said:
Lol this cherry picking, Holybaptiser has the right idea.

You should actually go to India and see how it is instead of looking at a bunch of pictures on the internet. It's a 3rd world country and it has all the problems that other 3rd world countries have. That being said, yeah it's pretty colorful, but honestly who cares? You can look at your pretty pictures from the safety of your computers screen.

And that is expected of a Place ruined by Colonialism and Stupid Politicians .
We are a poor developing country and that is to be expected .
Or have you forgotten that Developed world has its fair share of problems and poor people .

Upcoming Temple in Eastern India which is changing the Temple Architecture of India

once finished it will look like this

KaulDevaFeb 9, 2016 8:06 PM
Feb 9, 2016 8:09 PM

Jun 2012
ashishkaull said:
Or have you forgotten that Developed world has its fair share of problems and poor people .
Look, I'm not going to try to get into a socioeconomic issue here and I definitely don't care for that sort of argument. I don't know why you're trying to tell me something I am completely aware of and witnessed at first hand. India is not the first developing country I have visited either. Trying to imply that it is the most colourful place in the world by posting a few pictures to propagate something that isn't true is the issue here. I only stated why I would classify it as something far from what you implied it to be. India is a shitty place to be in if you're not site seeing. The temples, the mosques, and anything else that is worth seeing there is definitely awesome and beautiful, but once you step out of those places, you are stricken with the most jarring and shocking reality there ever is - the country is a fucking mess and people live in extreme poverty.

You want to be proud about the place you live in? Good for you, man. I'm all for that. Maybe you'll make it a better place. But don't try to tell someone it's the most colourful place when it isn't.

Edit - I can literally pull up pictures of people shitting out in the open on the side of the road. Posting pictures of the dirty side of India is just as easy as posting pictures of the colourful side.

Feb 9, 2016 8:13 PM

Jul 2015
that powder they toss around is also toxic
Feb 9, 2016 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
it has a certain aesthetic beauty to it, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Feb 9, 2016 8:16 PM

Mar 2014
No, Now go away and spam shit somewhere else
Eat Me
Feb 9, 2016 8:18 PM
Jun 2013
Holybaptiser said:
ashishkaull said:
Look, I'm not going to try to get into a socioeconomic issue here and I definitely don't care for that sort of argument. I don't know why you're trying to tell me something I am completely aware of and witnessed at first hand. India is not the first developing country I have visited either. Trying to imply that it is the most colourful place in the world by posting a few pictures to propagate something that isn't true is the issue here. I only stated why I would classify it as something far from what you implied it to be. India is a shitty place to be in if you're not site seeing. The temples, the mosques, and anything else that is worth seeing there is definitely awesome and beautiful, but once you step out of those places, you are stricken with the most jarring and shocking reality there ever is - the country is a fucking mess and people live in extreme poverty.

You want to be proud about the place you live in? Good for you, man. I'm all for that. Maybe you'll make it a better place. But don't try to tell someone it's the most colourful place when it isn't.

Edit - I can literally pull up pictures of people shitting out in the open on the side of the road. Posting pictures of the dirty side of India is just as easy as posting pictures of the colourful side.

If You understood the Thread Title wrongly , That is not my problem .

Thread title doesn't say , India is colouful but asks questions on Whether India is Colourful or not ? And Images show it at its most vibrant .

You sure haven't seen a developing country of 1.25 billion people ( other than China ) . Yes India is Poor and if being poor is a problem with you , don't bother coming .

Salvatia said:
that powder they toss around is also toxic

Some but most people use Herbal Colours .
Feb 9, 2016 8:25 PM

Jun 2012
@ashishkaull
"Is India the most colourful place on Earth based on my completely selective sources of images that provide nothing but propagate the idea that I wish to convey?"

Yes.

"Is India the most colourful place on Earth to someone who isn't completely ignorant?"

No

Thanks for trying, buddy. And I have been to China. Trying to say I didn't understand your thread is both red herring and ad hominem. It's actually hilarious that your second line is trying to tell me the course of the conversation is supposed to be something that my posts have been about - it's like you don't want to hear people say no, but just want them to agree with you. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Feb 9, 2016 8:35 PM
Jun 2013
Holybaptiser said:
@ashishkaull
"Is India the most colourful place on Earth based on my completely selective sources of images that provide nothing but propagate the idea that I wish to convey?"

Yes.

"Is India the most colourful place on Earth to someone who isn't completely ignorant?"

No

Thanks for trying, buddy. And I have been to China. Trying to say I didn't understand your thread is both red herring and ad hominem. It's actually hilarious that your second line is trying to tell me the course of the conversation is supposed to be something that my posts have been about - it's like you don't want to hear people say no, but just want them to agree with you. Good luck with your future endeavors.

I know my country better than You .

And I know how to accept things . When people say its dirty I said nothing . When people say its Shit I said nothing because I know about the reality .

But When Mr , I KNOW IT ALL ! try to question my stand without understanding me , that's when I speak and clear the Shit of the mind .

Just like in my previous thread , What If God doesn't exist and how it will impact us . I got comments from many MR I KNOW IT ALL , who started their Verbal Diarrhea (;一_一)Without understanding the purpose of Thread (>ლ)
Feb 9, 2016 8:48 PM

Jan 2016

I feel like I just have to throw this short video in the mix
Someone message me, I like talking and I'm lonely

I am really not joking about this signature
Feb 9, 2016 9:42 PM

Jan 2015
to think the land of rising sun is the most colourfull...
they have chinese cartoon

la critique de l'intention pure
Feb 10, 2016 3:27 AM

Mar 2008
There is no most colourful country. Individual cities are usually the ones that actually have certain colour schemes
http://www.buzzfeed.com/behr/the-24-most-colorful-cities-in-the-world
Feb 10, 2016 4:40 AM
Jun 2013
traed said:
There is no most colourful country. Individual cities are usually the ones that actually have certain colour schemes
http://www.buzzfeed.com/behr/the-24-most-colorful-cities-in-the-world

Thanks for the share (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

#Keepthemcoming
Feb 10, 2016 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
You know I'd rather see a town full of colourful flowers than a town painted with random colourful paints. One is soothing for the eye, the other is merely aggressive for the eyes.

That's my opinion.

If you want paint as well, then how about a mix of both? You know, that kind of "colourful" (Colmar,France) is far better ImO :

ZefyrisFeb 10, 2016 9:15 AM
Feb 10, 2016 7:09 AM
Jun 2013
Zefyris said:
You know I'd rather see a town full of colourful flowers than a town painted with random colourful paints. One is soothing for the eye, the other is merely aggressive for the eyes.

That's my opinion.

If yo uwant paint as well,t hena mix is better. You know, that kind of colourful (Colmar,France) is far better ImO :

Nice

#keepthemcoming Keepsharing
Feb 10, 2016 7:56 AM

Jun 2015
please use spoiler tags on your pictures. If you dont know how, then:

[spoiler]--img code here--[/spoiler]

Its nt the most colorful, but its there. Those pictures are pretty though.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Feb 10, 2016 7:57 AM

Mar 2012
SharpClaws said:

Mini-moding is against the rules.

Anyway, India is probably the worst country in the world, thinking of it only makes everything smell bad.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
Feb 10, 2016 8:02 AM

Jun 2015
Lue said:
SharpClaws said:

Anyway, India is probably the worst country in the world, thinking of it only makes everything smell bad.

I'm not mini-moding...the browser crashed on my phone coz of the huge pictures.

thats a lot of hate towards india lol

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Feb 10, 2016 8:05 AM

Mar 2012
SharpClaws said:
Lue said:

I'm not mini-moding...the browser crashed on my phone coz of the huge pictures.

thats a lot of hate towards india lol

It's not hate, it's just my humble opinion.

P.S That is mini-moding.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
Feb 10, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
Zefyris said:
I concur. I'm also not too fond of too flashy Clothes, but I don't mind having vividly-colored Foodstuff and Flowers.

Btw.: Nice German Fachwerkhäuser you have there
Feb 10, 2016 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
Noboru said:
Zefyris said:
I concur. I'm also not too fond of too flashy Clothes, but I don't mind having vividly-colored Foodstuff and Flowers.

Yes, in France we call it maison à colombages btw. you often see that kind of architecture in some French regions(especially Normandy, Bretagne and Alsace AFAIK), just like you see it in Germany x) .
Feb 10, 2016 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
Zefyris said:
Noboru said:

Yes, in France we call it maison à colombages btw. you often see that kind of architecture in some French regions(especially Normandy, Bretagne and Alsace AFAIK), just like you see it in Germany x) .
Well, Elsass-Lothringen has quite the familiar Structure and the actual French Tradition looks differently. But good that they are preserved that well ^^
Feb 10, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 2013
Noboru said:
Zefyris said:

Well, Elsass-Lothringen has quite the familiar Structure and the actual French Tradition looks differently. But good that they are preserved that well ^^

Those "half timbered" are mostly seen in different French regions than those I cited though x). Where I live, that's the type we have in the "old town" around the cathedral.
But Colmar's architecture is clearly heavily influenced by the german architecture, yes.
Well, it's in Alsace after all, so that's no surprise.
Feb 10, 2016 4:41 PM

May 2013
It's definitely up there! Very festive nation, it would seem. I mean India has the Kumba Mehla, which if i'm not mistaken is the largest festival on planet earth...
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 10, 2016 9:14 PM

Oct 2009
Isn't it covered in shit? Like I've heard India's citizens literally shit all over the street. Brown isn't a very colorful color.

Feb 11, 2016 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Usually India is just brown and smells like feces.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

19 by Rhaelynne »»
6 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

31 by traed »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

45 by traed »»
17 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
53 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.