Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 2, 2021 6:35 AM

Oct 2016
That was fucking awesome! I swore my loyalty to Senjougahara but, Tsubasa is...too...fucking...adorable. All I need to see is Tsubasa au au-ing like Hanyu then she'll be perfect lmao.

It's cool to see Shinobu's personality since she was just quiet in Bakemonogatari. I understand now why a lot of people loves her and I can see myself becoming one of those people lmao.

Overall that was basically just a whole setup for what's to come, in the next 2 parts. And that was a great ass setup. 8.5/10

Feb 12, 2021 10:20 AM

Sep 2020
OMG! She's sooo fucking pretty!!!!!

Don't do it, don't do it, run the fuck away!

Ayoooo, wtf??? He'll be even more stupid if he helps her.

Bruh!

What type of stupid long ass name is that?

What twisted thinking is this?

Bro, wtf? So, as long as she has big boobs it works for him?

He did it, he's stupid!

It's loli time!

Lmaooooooooooo

Great, what does he have to do?

Interesting

How did this happen? I don't understand! Why is he attached to her?

Ok, I don't think I've ever taken so many screenshots or been more triggered but an mc. But this movie was done brilliantly, the music was always on point and the colors were nothing but fucking amazing! I loved the composition of every shot too and how they managed to pull those rotoscoping ones, even if the CGI bothers me just a tiny bit.

I'm honestly not a fan of vampire series so I might drop this one.Who knows?
SVTFOE4EVRFeb 12, 2021 10:23 AM

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Mar 3, 2021 7:57 PM

Jul 2019
why 60 minutes is the question otherwise the last half of the movie was great
Jun 10, 2021 8:43 AM
Jan 2021
Came here after watching bakemonogatri. Was expecting something great as bake but I guess this one was just a set up. Didn't lived up with expectations. I hope it gets better.

That animation of the world and those fire visuals were freaking amazing.

6/10 for me.
Dec 26, 2021 7:50 PM
Mar 2019
Most biased rating ever.

Honestly i cant understand how it has such a high rating. I get that tastes and opinions are different for everyone but there was nothing good in it at all.

The art is the worst i have ever seen.

The plot is as dumb as it gets. I normal guy finds blood and obviously follows the track because who wouldnt right.
Then is a nearly dead vampire lying on the floor and obviously he has the urge do sacrifice his life for her because who wouldnt do that for a strange monster who shouts i demand your blood. Now he turns into a vampire and goes to fight the bad guys without any idea of fighting.

Yeah more didnt happen in 60 minutes. Oh well he met a girl for a ecchi scene as well.

Im reading how great inner monologues are and something deeper but honestly that is only made up shit from fans. There wasnt any good monologue to be found and the conversations were as basic as its possible.

It was really hard to continue watching this shit.

1/10 most boring film i have ever watched
May 26, 2022 11:57 PM
Jul 2021
I am still thinking whos the dumbest of them all, vampire chick or Koyomi. It's like, here we find this chick have dead? (if we believe her own words, which I don't, monsters lie after all) DEMANTING some random boy to give her blood (a lot of it) or the aforementioned boy that goes to a book store to buy a nudie mag finds a blood trail and follows it! Because reasons! Finds a monster he takes forever to run away to just give in to her demands .... Yeah this has to be the dumbest origin story ever!
Maybe the moral of the story is, boys don't go buy nudie mags it's bad for your health.
Folks this is what we get when to pander to western money, we get a half wrongly baked story, lets make Bake first and hope for the best, oh it's a hit outside Japan, cool, cool let's keep pumping out seasons after season and then let's back track ourself and pump out three "prequels" to make more money out of those stupid Gaijins.
Sorry let's pump out three "prequels" to tie everything in with a pretty bow tie.
Now I am starting to ask myself if the aforementioned Gaijins are not the real bakayaro in all of this.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jun 29, 2022 11:06 PM
Oct 2020
While the style is quite different from Bakemonogatari, I still enjoyed it. The story is actually more straight forward than the initial series, and since it's in movie form I can understand the need to keep it a bit more contained. As a result it lacks some of the charming (or annoying, for some people) elements of the series. The dialog between Araragi and Hanekawa is reminiscent of their playground discussions in bakemono. Except in the previous case the conversation seemed more disjointed, random at times. Whereas here it's more for the purposes of telling the background story. Araragi stumbling upon Heart-under-blade is not unlike his encounters with the oddities. He just seems to attract these aberrations, so again that is not incongruous. The Cram school, Oshino, the vampire formerly known as Shinobu (or so it seems). Even after this first Kizumono movie things are already starting to make more sense. So I'm looking forward to more illumination in the next two parts.
Aug 25, 2022 12:39 PM

Jan 2015
So much amazing aspects. Some of the best sound design I've witnessed. Directing was incredible, even though we know where the characters end up after this, I was still swept into the feelings Araragi was having here, from wonderful joy thanks to Hanekawa, to sheer paranoia regarding his meeting with Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade. Very tense, atmosphere was able to be suffocatingly suspenseful. Visuals looked incredible as well. Meme in action is hype! Shinobu was so fun to watch the whole time, really love her cute look with short hair. End preview has me excited for even more extreme drama and tension. Comedy was really good too! The scenes following Araragi after receiving Hanekawa's email and number were super charming, haha. Music was also very standout! Headpats were cute too, hahaha!
Incredible cinema, high hopes for the full trilogy.
Sep 25, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2021
Araragi: I don't have friends since they make humans weak.

Also Araragi: *plays ball with his bag out of excitement upon making one*

Mostly just setup in this movie but the directing is still solid and the visuals look amazing.
RioFSSep 25, 2022 6:08 PM

Jan 9, 2023 10:37 AM

Jan 2009
the animation is awesome for a movie but ye like the first season of monogatari there are too much long scenes that barely move the plot but it really is eye candy animation and direction for sure, and the use of 3DCG is barely distracting too

lets see if Araragi can change back to human and how they will fight or negotiate with those 3 vampire slayers

Hanekawa the sexy cat is as hot as ever
Jan 25, 2023 12:29 AM

Oct 2021
The way they started this part was memorable, i mean Araragi going out on top of roof and then boom!! he suddenly sets on fire honestly i loved that scene very much. 

Hanekawa is very pretty but she got those huge bonkers, i guess animators were quite horny while drawing them. Kiss shot child form is very cute <3
Feb 25, 2023 6:16 AM

Jan 2011
thought the start was quite slow but it got interesting on its second half, the fantastic visuals helped to carry the movie 7/10
Mar 24, 2023 1:31 PM

Nov 2010
I want to be forced to be friends with Tsubasa too!
I'll let Kiss Shot suck my blood in a heartbeat. No questions asked! She will be my mistress forever!
I will never understand that BS of wanting to become human again when you've finally become an immortal vampire under someone as hot as Kiss Shot! I'm willing to pay the price even if I'm hunted for life!
8/10
Apr 28, 2023 9:08 AM
Mar 2023
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Jun 6, 2023 12:02 PM
Aug 2017
Buen comienzo de historia, un poco random al principio pero en general bastante bien, y muestra diferentes animaciones esta muy interesante.
Jul 10, 2023 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
I want to become a vampire's kin! My life is boring.

Is there a way for Araragi to fight those three vampire slayers? Also, good to know what Oshino Meme was like back then. How can those humans be a vampire slayer and travel so fast? They're something else.
Sep 6, 2023 9:00 PM
Jul 2020
It was pretty fuckin good
Sep 12, 2023 10:11 PM
May 2023

amazing and strange
Dec 7, 2023 11:34 PM

Nov 2023
The monogatari series is a blessing, as well as the Shaft studios! They did a pretty well job with this series and I am glad that it is them who is adapting the monogatari series
What a splendid movie this one was!
Dec 8, 2023 2:42 PM
Aug 2020
just saw it and it is strange but in a good way.

it is more a oav than a movie for me.

i have to know what will happen next...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 27, 2023 2:59 PM

Apr 2021
That wind was so strong that it was enough to see almost everything. No problem Araragi.

It's good to know how Araragi turned into a vampire. I thought that vampire was going to suck all of Araragi's blood

So this is the beginning of it all. I wanted to put my hand on that girl's head, it looked so soft. 9/10
Feb 1, 12:18 AM

Dec 2022
So i had to search what's the best way to watch the monogatari series like is it better to watch it in a chronological way or the shaft studio order or novel order whatnot and i ended up choosing Novel order because i can :)

Anyhoo the first part of the Kizu Trilogy certainly was a blast to begin with like damn the animation and art style are very different but I mean it's a movie so ofc I have to expect a different yet better animation lol. The way the cgi used in this movie was awesome!
I finally got some explanation regarding to little Kiss-shot/Shinobu's past/lore and how Araragi turned into a vamp yuh + the three vampire slayers were cool asf and thank the heavens for Oshino's intervention.

Can't wait for sum more absurd things.

Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Araragi looks so fresh here. I would even dare to say he looks "older" here than in Bake. Funny considering Kizu is apparently the beginning of everything chronologically.
And Hanekawa was so pretty too. Love how they didn't give a shit about consistency and straight up gave her a bigger cup for better fanservice lol.
Mar 10, 12:25 PM
Mar 2021
Unique animation and great story telling
Mar 25, 2:57 PM

Mar 2023
getting to see oshino again was refreshing as hell TT
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Disregarding the fact that the internal monologues were omitted, how good of an adaptation do the people who have watched the movie think it is?

Mado_Mura - Jan 10, 2016

6 by KleptoKritikal »»
Mar 5, 7:00 AM

Poll: » What would you do if you have your limbs chopped off, laying in the ground and no one notices you?

TheRayquaza - Jan 22

16 by dicloflom »»
Jan 23, 8:55 PM

» Needs the gore tag

RaltsPokemon - Dec 15, 2023

5 by RaltsPokemon »»
Dec 18, 2023 10:40 AM

» Can I watch this? ( 1 2 )

Cheggeronis - Jul 12, 2023

53 by LordAtsukiYoru »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:52 PM

» I was wrong, and I am a changed man

BestListMAL - Feb 7, 2023

26 by removed-user »»
Mar 25, 2023 6:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.