Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Mar 20, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
Rakuen was only adapted well because the visual novel was linear. Rewrite much like Stein's Gate 0 is longer and multi-routed which almost never turns out well for adaptions. They pretty much have to make it omnibus and 50 episodes which I think is expecting wayy too much from something that wasn't even that popular in japan.
Mar 20, 2016 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
W A R N I N G ! ! !
Not Even in the Top 3 Anime for the Winter 2016 Season.

Spring has Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs (and probably Kiznaiver, Sakamoto desu ga?)

Summer has Rewrite, Orange, Handa-kun (and probably Amanchu!, Amaama to Inazuma)

I am sure I missed some and a few more will most likely pop up in the Summer as well as in the Fall season.

This is of course excluding lots of upcoming sequels series, some of which were already way better than Boke Dake.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 20, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
W A R N I N G ! ! !

Spring has Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs (and probably Kiznaiver, Sakamoto desu ga?)

Summer has Rewrite, Orange, Handa-kun (and probably Amanchu!, Amaama to Inazuma)

I am sure I missed some and a few more will most likely pop up in the Summer as well as in the Fall season.

This is of course excluding lots of upcoming sequels series, some of which were already way better than Boke Dake.

shanimebib said:
W A R N I N G ! ! !

also food wars season 2 in summer also!
Mar 20, 2016 6:23 PM

Nov 2007
terminador_2397 said:

Yes, Bro. Like I said, "excluding lots of upcoming sequels series, some of which were already way better". But it doesn't hurt to mention I guess.

Shokugeki no Souma was f*cking terrible at the beginning for me and went on to become one of my favourites from that season. Cannot wait for season 2.
Coronavirus.
Mar 20, 2016 6:30 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
terminador_2397 said:

Yes, Bro. Like I said, "excluding lots of upcoming sequels series, some of which were already way better". But it doesn't hurt to mention I guess.

Shokugeki no Souma was f*cking terrible at the beginning for me and went on to become one of my favourites from that season. Cannot wait for season 2.

From what ive been hearing Rewrite has the potential to be AOTY if its adapted right
Mar 20, 2016 6:42 PM

Nov 2007
terminador_2397 said:
shanimebib said:

From what ive been hearing Rewrite has the potential to be AOTY if its adapted right

Yeah. I think it needs to be full two cour anime (24-26 episodes) at the very least. They couldn't even fit Little Busters! in 39 episodes (but Refrain redeemed it for the whole series).

Speaking of redeeming, what are the chances of Boke Dake redeeming itself in the final episode?
Coronavirus.
Mar 20, 2016 6:45 PM

Apr 2011
Nope. it's one of the best though;

So far for me, including sequels :

1) Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
2) Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
3) Gate Season 2
4) ERASED
Mar 20, 2016 6:51 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
terminador_2397 said:

Yeah. I think it needs to be full two cour anime (24-26 episodes) at the very least. They couldn't even fit Little Busters! in 39 episodes (but Refrain redeemed it for the whole series).

Speaking of redeeming, what are the chances of Boke Dake redeeming itself in the final episode?

The chances of boku dake redeeming itself are slim depending on how they plan to move everything forward from the end of episode 11

terminador_2397Mar 20, 2016 7:08 PM
Mar 20, 2016 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
Valaskjalf said:

You may wanna watch Shouwa. Episode 10 was the best episode of all of Winter 2016 Anime.

Because to me, it tops KonoSuba and Grimgar by quite a margin (even though I really enjoyed the both.)

terminador_2397 said:

The chances of boku dake redeeming itself are slim depending on how they plan to move everything forward.

Maybe you want to put that under a spoiler tag. :P

Those who read the manga said salt incoming. I am ready with the popcorn!
Coronavirus.
Mar 20, 2016 7:11 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
Valaskjalf said:

You may wanna watch Shouwa. Episode 10 was the best episode of all of Winter 2016 Anime.

Because to me, it tops KonoSuba and Grimgar by quite a margin (even though I really enjoyed the both.)

terminador_2397 said:

The chances of boku dake redeeming itself are slim depending on how they plan to move everything forward.

Maybe you want to put that under a spoiler tag. :P

Those who read the manga said salt incoming. I am ready with the popcorn!

I spoiler taged it just now

lol and just when i thought people couldn't get anymore salty!
Mar 20, 2016 8:34 PM

Nov 2007
terminador_2397 said:

Now with statistical analysis. A sign of a great(!) anime indeed. 9.0.

*Episode numbers on the left. Bars show percentage.
Coronavirus.
Mar 20, 2016 8:40 PM

Oct 2007
All you people are doing is substituting one massively overhyped Aniplex genre show project for the ones upcoming. You're bloody hilarious. Why MAL can't just watch shows and enjoy them or not as is with something not having to be "AOTS" or "WAOTS" I'll never understand and it'll always strike me as a soulless not genuinely invested way to watch anything really.

shanimebib said:
Valaskjalf said:

Rakugo is a pretty great show from what I've seen so far (about the only thing I figured would hold lasting potential that it might realize that I checked out this Winter) but I just don't see how it's at all for MAL's kind of community. Absolutely zero hype going on and nothing that people care about much like teen melodrama or loud music by popular people. It's pretty much straight drama with a specific focus on the people that perform a traditional Japanese art and their stories. It's also the only show that just didn't feel well....typical.
PeacingOutMar 20, 2016 8:45 PM
Mar 20, 2016 9:24 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
terminador_2397 said:

wow its real salty in here XD
Mar 20, 2016 9:43 PM
Oct 2014
shanimebib said:
terminador_2397 said:

The thing I notice immediately is the drop in 5/5 ratings on episodes 5 and 9 and how that correlates with negative things happening to Kayo at the time, with her dying in episode 5 and exiting the plot in episode 9. It really shows how some people watched Erased specifically because of the emotional investment they had in that character and how their feelings towards her radically change their opinion of the show.
Mar 21, 2016 8:26 AM

Oct 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
All you people are doing is substituting one massively overhyped Aniplex genre show project for the ones upcoming. You're bloody hilarious. Why MAL can't just watch shows and enjoy them or not as is with something not having to be "AOTS" or "WAOTS" I'll never understand and it'll always strike me as a soulless not genuinely invested way to watch anything really.

shanimebib said:

Rakugo is a pretty great show from what I've seen so far (about the only thing I figured would hold lasting potential that it might realize that I checked out this Winter) but I just don't see how it's at all for MAL's kind of community. Absolutely zero hype going on and nothing that people care about much like teen melodrama or loud music by popular people. It's pretty much straight drama with a specific focus on the people that perform a traditional Japanese art and their stories. It's also the only show that just didn't feel well....typical.

and that is why it works so great it is only show this season where the characters feel lke actual human beings so their drama is way more satisfying that anything erased can pull out
Mar 21, 2016 4:46 PM
Feb 2016
Everyone has their own preferences but I can't think of an upcoming anime this year that will top it. Most of the shows seem shallow at best maybe, and the only other anime that I have thoroughly enjoyed this year has been Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. We'll see though but I won't hold my breath.
Mar 21, 2016 5:49 PM

Jan 2014
ChainxBastard said:
Everyone has their own preferences but I can't think of an upcoming anime this year that will top it. Most of the shows seem shallow at best maybe, and the only other anime that I have thoroughly enjoyed this year has been Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. We'll see though but I won't hold my breath.

Maybe you just have to wait until this year is finished..
Mar 21, 2016 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
ChainxBastard said:

Lol, you're pretty spot on about everyone has their own preference. I could name a ton of series that will easily top this.
keragammingMar 21, 2016 7:09 PM
Mar 21, 2016 8:02 PM
Feb 2016
keragamming said:
ChainxBastard said:

Lol, you're pretty spot on about everyone has their own preference. I could name a ton of series that will easily top this.

Iron-Blooded Orphans is a very character driven anime, it's brutal but it's poignant as well. The politics are easy to follow and it's not overbearing like some of its predecessors, and the main protagonist isn't your typical pacifist cry-baby emo whiner either. Mikazuki is a breath of fresh air in every way to me.

To me it'd be hard to top it because the show is a very welcomed deviation from the "norm".
Mar 22, 2016 3:11 AM
Jul 2018
shanimebib said:
terminador_2397 said:

Get ready for sns s2, as a manga reader I can assure that will be a total fun fest. xD

I can easily see many shows which can be better than this show in this year.
Mar 22, 2016 3:41 AM

Jan 2014
xaos12 said:
shanimebib said:

Get ready for sns s2, as a manga reader I can assure that will be a total fun fest. xD

Idk how there could be a season 2 (well only watched the anime so far). But 1 thing for sure this is my favorite anime this season (look at it at the top 10 anime on this site). THE FEELS, but the cliffhangers ;(
Mar 22, 2016 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
Megalobst said:
xaos12 said:

Idk how there could be a season 2 (well only watched the anime so far). But 1 thing for sure this is my favorite anime this season (look at it at the top 10 anime on this site). THE FEELS, but the cliffhangers ;(

I posted about shokugeki no souma s2, not erased.
Mar 22, 2016 3:47 AM

Jan 2014
xaos12 said:
Megalobst said:

I posted about shokugeki no souma s2, not erased.

Well i just clicked this discussion and skipped most off it

TOOO MUCH TO READ :P
Mar 22, 2016 6:37 AM

Jul 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

and that is why it works so great it is only show this season where the characters feel lke actual human beings so their drama is way more satisfying that anything erased can pull out

The more people who watch rakugo the more deserved attention it will get
Mar 22, 2016 6:43 AM

Jul 2015
xaos12 said:
shanimebib said:

Yup also there's rewrite which I heard from VN readers if adapted right will be great too

Not to mention attack on Titan season 2 and steins:gate 0 also
Mar 22, 2016 7:16 AM

Nov 2007
xaos12 said:

Yeah. I am all hyped. SnS is very unpredictable which makes it a very fun anime. And the characters are not bland. There is not a single character in the anime that I found boring.

terminador_2397 said:
Yup also there's rewrite which I heard from VN readers if adapted right will be great too

I am not sure whether S;G 0 is scheduled for this year or the next though.

xaos12 said:

And some are predicting that Natsume Yuujinchou Gou will air sometime this year too as it has been leaked. I don't follow the manga (was always in hope that a sequel will be made) but Natsume story will enter the Matoba clan arc, which will make it epic as hints were given by the end of season 4 (Natsume Yuujinchou Shi).
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2016 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
terminador_2397 said:
xaos12 said:

It remains to be seen whether s;g 0 will happen this year. Rewrite is there, sns s2, aot s2, bnha(read the manga and gives me vibes of hxh), koe no katachi movie and Joker game(I have high hopes for this show).

shanimebib said:

xaos12 said:

And some are predicting that Natsume Yuujinchou Gou will air sometime this year too as it has been leaked. I don't follow the manga (was always in hope that a sequel will be made) but Natsume story will enter the Matoba clan arc, which will make it epic as hints were given by the end of season 4 (Natsume Yuujinchou Shi).

It is confirmed for fall season this year.
Mar 22, 2016 8:14 AM

May 2010
A quick reminder that this is the worst season of the year so far.
Mar 22, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
shanimebib said:

Scratch what I said earlier. Just coming back after watching episode 11 which has far surpassed episode 10.
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
xaos12 said:
terminador_2397 said:

It remains to be seen whether s;g 0 will happen this year. Rewrite is there, sns s2, aot s2, bnha(read the manga and gives me vibes of hxh), koe no katachi movie and Joker game(I have high hopes for this show).

shanimebib said:

Is berserk still happening this year?
Mar 22, 2016 9:49 AM

Oct 2013
terminador_2397 said:
xaos12 said:

Confirm for this summer.
Mar 22, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
terminador_2397 said:

Confirm for this summer.

Ok thanks for confirming
Mar 23, 2016 12:05 AM

Nov 2007
Best anime my bottom. Look where SAO is at right now. Okay, it's better than SAO, at least that's a given.
Coronavirus.
Mar 23, 2016 12:12 AM

Oct 2007
You people could actually try watching shit and then weighing it's strengths and failings instead of just hand picking only hype franchises as potential candidates. Then again this is MAL so fuck doesn't listen to me.
Mar 23, 2016 12:16 AM

Mar 2016
While the anime is great overall, I didn't like the fact that author looks at audience as dumb founded and that we will go with anything he tries to convince us. The most popular review on MAL is spot on. So I definitely don't think Erased deserve to be in even top 50.
Mar 23, 2016 12:16 AM

Nov 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:
You people could actually try watching shit and then weighing it's strengths and failings instead of just hand picking only hype franchises as potential candidates. Then again this is MAL so fuck doesn't listen to me.

I know SAO was shit and Boke Dake is a lesser one (still a bit trashy) but I am interested to know which anime you would have hand picked which are not hype franchises.
Coronavirus.
Mar 23, 2016 12:17 AM

Oct 2007
gabrielrroiz said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I would say Sunrise should do more TV shows (not Nerima though christ) because they tend to do things very differently from a lot of studios nowadays and it could be an eye opener, but then again people here would never watch something they'd do anyway besides more Gintama which is already apparently the greatest anime ever made according to MAL (I like it a lot too but MAL's hard on for it is something else) so it wouldn't make a difference.

shanimebib said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I know SAO was shit and Boke Dake is a lesser one (still a bit trashy) but I am interested to know which anime you would have hand picked which are not hype franchises.

Upcoming you mean? I'm not going to talk forum politics here and get well ahead of myself by proclaiming AOTY candidates (personally I find the whole exercise bloody stupid for many reasons like variance in genres and not liking to simplify things down to such silly terms) so much as what looks potentially interesting to me and I think might hold said interest but Joker Game, Ushio to Tora 2, Gundam The Origin Part III, Gundam Thunderbolt Part IV, Battery, Accel World Infinite Burst and All Out are on my radar for a variety of reasons in terms of what has actual confirmation. Hopefully people actually fucking read and notice that I never said anything about any of these being "AOTY" because I don't play that game, merely that I'm at least interested in giving them a look. Bolding that part for a reason. Also note that I don't limit myself to just TV shows either cause why would I.

There's also more to this medium even in this rut it finds itself in than whatever Sony Music Entertainment, Kadokawa Shoten and Nitroplus are pushing at any given time, it's just a shame MAL doesn't seem to give a damn otherwise, but then most of this community has clearly barely been following it since the decade began so they can almost be forgiven...almost.
PeacingOutMar 23, 2016 12:29 AM
Mar 23, 2016 12:50 AM

Nov 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Hopefully people actually fucking read and notice that I never said anything about any of these being "AOTY" because I don't play that game, merely that I'm at least interested in giving them a look. Bolding that part for a reason. Also note that I don't limit myself to just TV shows either cause why would I.

Then you must think you are a messiah for MAL users. I mean, why else would you post here. The OP thinks it's already the best anime of 2016 when there were more than 49 weeks left of the calendar year when the thread was created. Besides, naming some other upcoming title wouldn't do any harm as far as I think just to show how idiotic this thread has been (I admit I am taking pleasure on it) but you are entitled to think what pleases you.

As for your reluctant picks, Joker Game was the first anime I mentioned which had potential in the PV thread. While I really liked Origin, Thunderbolt just wasn't my cup of tea, 15 mins an episode just don't cut it. And I have always said AW was better than SAO in multiple aspects in the past, yet I still don't consider it a show worth mentioning when we are discussing about anime that can make a difference. But that's me. Been here long enough and seen enough anime so I trust my own judgement ability.
Coronavirus.
Mar 23, 2016 1:00 AM

Oct 2007
shanimebib said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Hopefully people actually fucking read and notice that I never said anything about any of these being "AOTY" because I don't play that game, merely that I'm at least interested in giving them a look. Bolding that part for a reason. Also note that I don't limit myself to just TV shows either cause why would I.

Then you must think you are a messiah for MAL users. I mean, why else would you post here. The OP thinks it's already the best anime of 2016 when there were more than 49 weeks left of the calendar year when the thread was created. Besides, naming some other upcoming title wouldn't do any harm as far as I think just to show how idiotic this thread has been (I admit I am taking pleasure on it) but you are entitled to think what pleases you.

As for your reluctant picks, Joker Game was the first anime I mentioned which had potential in the PV thread. While I really liked Origin, Thunderbolt just wasn't my cup of tea, 15 mins an episode just don't cut it. And I have always said AW was better than SAO in multiple aspects in the past, yet I still don't consider it a show worth mentioning when we are discussing about anime that can make a difference. But that's me. Been here long enough and seen enough anime so I trust my own judgement ability.

I hold no such delusions of grandeur nor would I want such a title. As for why I'm here, I don't know, probably some sort of purgatory like punishment self-inflected or otherwise. And yes this thread is stupid but think of where we are, by the standards of this site it's par for the course thinking and totally logically. Everything in the short term and heat of the moment.

Thunderbolt takes place during a very specific period of the One Year War part of the UC timeline which likely confuses the fuck out of a lot of people that might actually watch it here. All 5,000 of them I'm sure lol. It's format is a shame but Sunrise Studio 1 is trying to run 2-3 projects at the same time so it's probably part of the sacrifice that needs to be made. AW isn't an anime I think can make a difference, just a guilty pleasure of mine. Again I'm just listing stuff that actually interests me that's been announced and confirmed so far.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trusting your own judgement and thinking for yourself. It's actually something I'd actively encourage and that MAL could stand to do more of as a community. That and certain individuals realizing not everything revolves around them and their personal tastes. By the way you don't have to really convince me of this, I can just go to your list and wall and see that it's not 90+% identical to any other random Joe-Blow user I might click on's list. Also the kind of prose you type in and modest respect for proper spelling and sentence structure and not being afraid to write more than would be allowed in a tweet also speaks for itself.

As for the show itself and MAL's reaction to it, I suppose I get the same pleasure out of it that I might watching a hamster running a wheel not realizing he's been going in circles for weeks but still as giddy as ever. Now imagine that hamster suddenly slipped and fell off the wheel about a week ago and is looking around like WTF before deciding whether to hop back on and pretend it never happened or find something else to occupy it's attention span. That's kind of the equivalent of what it feels like I'm looking at right now and it's senselessly amusing if childishly so I admit.
PeacingOutMar 23, 2016 1:08 AM
Mar 23, 2016 9:28 AM

Feb 2015
Nope, just lowered my score from 8 to 7 after episode 11.

Mar 23, 2016 8:27 PM

Oct 2015
No, I think it will be one of the more remembered animes this year but I'm sure better things will come from the next 3 seasons.
Mar 23, 2016 9:51 PM

Oct 2015
not even the best of the season let alone best of the year
Mar 24, 2016 7:41 AM

Jun 2013
MattKitsune96 said:
No, I think it will be one of the more remembered animes this year but I'm sure better things will come from the next 3 seasons.

My money is on Stray Dogs, BnHA and Joker Game all being better in next season alone (also optimistic for Trigger original)
Mar 24, 2016 9:01 AM

Oct 2015
Quirkiness101 said:
MattKitsune96 said:

My money is on Stray Dogs, BnHA and Joker Game all being better in next season alone (also optimistic for Trigger original)

Yeah, I really looking forward to Stray Dogs, I'll try the others out to.
Mar 24, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2009
Judging from the scores going down, the show doesn't get any better towards the ending.
Or it could just be that people are finally getting over the hype, which I hope is the case because I'd love a satisfying ending.

Guess I'll find out soon.
Mar 24, 2016 11:54 AM

Jun 2011
I'd say no. It had a great start but went downhill near the end imo.
Mar 24, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2009
It's not even AOTS, much less AOTY. Not to mention the Winter season only finished and Spring already looks much better than this season did.
Mar 24, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
This show is the best show of the season, and I highly doubt anything can surpass this show seeing what is coming for the next season.
Mar 24, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
It's not even anime of the season, much less of the year.
After all that salt of the three final episodes, is funny to read this thread.

Mar 24, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
Mob psycho will rekt everything
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

833 by saranglolxd »»
May 14, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1107 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

899 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.