Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 18, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
God Serena is op and poor Warrod
Jan 18, 2016 11:40 AM
Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
teo1323 said:

Like everyone else in the ft he'll come back eventually.

Uhuh suuuuure. Tell me where's Precht. Where's Igneel? Where's Ur? Try to think of a better reason than wishful thinking

Hades?
Igneel previus arc?
I don't remember about Ur.
I can live the man rip but i don't think Mashima can.
Jan 18, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2008
teo1323 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Uhuh suuuuure. Tell me where's Precht. Where's Igneel? Where's Ur? Try to think of a better reason than wishful thinking

Hades?
Igneel previus arc?

Yes previous arc and now he's dead. Again there's nothing to gain by pulling an asspull like making Yuri be somehow alive. It's nothing but cheap drama with no substance.
Jan 18, 2016 11:55 AM
Mar 2015
Pretty sure warrod won't die. Plot armor is too strong in FT. Makarov survived both zeref (current arc) and acnologia (island arc). Mavis will transform into a super saiyan and rescue him.
Jan 18, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
Natsu has cancer lol and looks like Warrod will die
Jan 18, 2016 11:59 AM
Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
teo1323 said:

Hades?
Igneel previus arc?

Yes previous arc and now he's dead. Again there's nothing to gain by pulling an asspull like making Yuri be somehow alive. It's nothing but cheap drama with no substance.

Yeah and Fairy Tail doesn't do that.
Jan 18, 2016 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
Wish the Wizard Saint fight was fully shown and not off screen
Jan 18, 2016 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Wheres Gildarts when you need him, looks like he's the only one capable of fighting Serena.

Mashima leaving plenty of space for the Anime to flesh out, is he doing it so the anime doesn't catch up or is it a time constraint thing like how he had to cut bits out of Tartarus or is it neither and he just skipped them cause he didn't wanna do them. only the afterwords in the future volumes will tell us.
Jan 18, 2016 1:00 PM

Jan 2015
At one point I was like "Damn nice finally Natsu's life is in real danger now! This will be interesting!", and a few pages later "Whooop nevermind what I just said", but hey it seems that NaLu is coming to us faster and faster :v
Jan 18, 2016 1:07 PM
Jun 2009
I don't get why people keep mentioning Gildarts.
As strong as I believe he is, I still don't see him doing better than the 4 gods of Ishgar...
At this point only Mavis could maybe help, I'd bet that like Brandish he'll switch back sides eventually or just go neutral.
Jan 18, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2008
geearf said:
As strong as I believe he is, I still don't see him doing better than the 4 gods of Ishgar...
At this point only Mavis could maybe help, I'd bet that like Brandish he'll switch back sides eventually or just go neutral.

Mavis has no offensive capabilities of her own since becoming Lumen HIstoire. All we've seen is her giving Fairy Glitter to Cana and using Fairy Sphere.
Jan 18, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
geearf said:

Because until these Spriggan 12 guys turned up Gildarts was regarded as the most powerful character in the series (except for Zeref and Acnologia obv) and now there is someone here at long last who might give him a serious fight, so people wanna see that. Gildarts can be as powerful as Mashima wants him to be considering we've never seen him fight at full strength.

spoiler tagging this just in case
Jan 18, 2016 2:23 PM

May 2010
Phew!!!1 I was so worried about Natsu. I hope he recovers 100%. ; A ;

Lucy.... Are you finally getting ready to tell Natsu how you feel...?! :'OOOOOOooo

Dam, that end page.. here comes trouble....
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 18, 2016 2:40 PM
Jun 2015
Nice cliffhanger. I still believe in Yuri having some kind of connection to Serena.
Everyone who read FT Zero understands me, if you recall FT Zero chapter 11, page 13. Yuri's role and conviction is far too big for him to die offscreen.
Jan 18, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2007
Morcombe said:

Jan 18, 2016 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
Theusis3 said:
Jarjaxle said:
Well...OKAY...don't know how to feel. Brandish is just helping them like that....well at least she did not join into FT side like that...Thank God For that.

War Princees of Sprringan 12 is either quite Perv or Teaser. Kagura will want blood after this.

And Former number 1 of the 10 Wizardly Saints Curb-Stomps the numbers 2 to 4

let's see if Mavis saves final Member of her Team?

regarding Aqua's Key... Buhahaha! My Key? If you Want it, Search for it! I left it all into that Place! Ooops...Wrong series =P

Me Too!!! I want to see it too!

Actually Former Ishgar's Number 1 saint thrashed the 2nd-5th ranked saints. He solo'd four of them off screen.

Yeah knew that, that was what I meant. Wrote it wrong most likely
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 18, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2008
lienleaf said:
Nice cliffhanger. I still believe in Yuri having some kind of connection to Serena.
Everyone who read FT Zero understands me, if you recall FT Zero chapter 11, page 13. Yuri's role and conviction is far too big for him to die offscreen.

Yeah no not happening. The guy has been stated to be dead repeatedly and that so called ambition you so proudly boast would NOT require him to kill Warrod or work with Zeref =_=.

Edit: Less insults, please.
TyrelJan 18, 2016 7:09 PM
Jan 18, 2016 3:39 PM

Aug 2011
Mashima had actually created quite interesting premise for fights, and then what did he do?
Stipping Kagura somehow stopped the fighting and everyting else was off paneled.
It shouldn't surprise me that Natsu's problem with sudden cancer was dealt after 2 or 3 pages...
Jan 18, 2016 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
damn... the most epic and anticipated battle is offpaneled.

where exactly did anyone regard Gildarts as "the most powerful character in the series"? I dont remember that to happen at any point of the anime/manga.

im a hardcore ft fan but seriously, I must admit that I am disappointed of the offpanel pull. maybe he will show the fight later, as a flashback or something.. or fragments of it. X_X
Jan 18, 2016 4:41 PM
Aug 2015
Next Chapter: Hybrid Theory
They find out Natsu is both Demon and Dragon
Happy ofc tells everyone or must plausible thing that would happen would be Natsu trying to get out of bed to fight in battle but then they try to tell him to stay in bed because he is still injured. However he probably states " I need some answers and I won't be lying here in bed while my nakama are risking their life in battle."
*** this is a prediction

This Chapter:
- Brandish is a good girl at heart
- Got some Nalu action, yeah pretty sure Lucy loves Natsu a lot already because look at her, she is shaking and crying still trying to call him out when she knew most likely natsu won't wake up
- Aquarius key somewhere in the world but is probably most likely in "enemy hands" (because cmon, Hiro would totally pull something like that)
- oh the top wizards are wiped out by God Serena and we see no battle? Well it's understandable because remember this is where we see Fairy tail in action and not really other wizards because this is the final arc. Fairy tail will probably be the ones to faced the 12 ishgars and beat them all up while all the other guilds sit back and watch....

The predicted ending
- lucy kills Natsu most likely (people say that Gray will kill Natsu which is undoubtly because Lucy has a magic that can counteract the darkness which is light, I know it's cliche but watever), cause look both have a lot of things to do after the war so why not just have Lucy kill E.N.D where we mostly have a very tragic ending which I won't mind seeing :)
- Natsu dies, Lucy goes on an adventure and well bumps into a pink haired boy who can breathe fire. It will end where reincarnated Natsu and Lucy run of into the distance where they will go on many adventures because Fairy Tail would end just like that.
Jan 18, 2016 4:49 PM
Jun 2009
Darklight0303 said:
geearf said:

Mavis has no offensive capabilities of her own since becoming Lumen HIstoire. All we've seen is her giving Fairy Glitter to Cana and using Fairy Sphere.

I said help, not fight :)
Jan 18, 2016 4:50 PM

Oct 2011
While I still like how Mashima has been hyping the Spriggans into another dimension, I also get super scared on how will he manage their power-level, since the likes of Kagura and Lyon couldn't do anything against 2 of the 12, sure I never expected them to win, but they got totally stomped.

Either FT members are much more stronger than we thought and every other guilds are just fodders or the Spriggans are just THAT strong and if Acnologia is even stronger than those guys, only some huge asspull to take him down.
Jan 18, 2016 4:53 PM
Jun 2009
Morcombe said:

Because until these Spriggan 12 guys turned up Gildarts was regarded as the most powerful character in the series (except for Zeref and Acnologia obv) and now there is someone here at long last who might give him a serious fight, so people wanna see that. Gildarts can be as powerful as Mashima wants him to be considering we've never seen him fight at full strength.

Gildarts is strong compared to his guild yes, but he's still fodder compared to Achnologia, so no matter what Mashima can't make him too strong.
Makarov was supposed to be super strong, and got almost fodderized by Precht (who was older so the age cannot be used...). I'm sure Gildarts is stronger, but I can't see too many orders of magnitude stronger.

As for the most powerful, even more than the 4 gods of Ishtar ? (well let's forget the 4th...)
Jan 18, 2016 5:16 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So Erza, Bisca, and Ichiya can beat a Spriggan but not those three from the 4 gods of Ishgar?

.......ok

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 18, 2016 5:19 PM
Jun 2009
RayAdha said:
So Erza, Bisca, and Ichiya can beat a Spriggan but not those three from the 4 gods of Ishgar?

.......ok

I'd guess serena to be one of the strongest, whereas the one Erza and Bisca defeated probably one of the weakest.
Ichiya didn't defeat any Spriggan, only "robots" controlled by one.
Jan 18, 2016 5:44 PM
Mar 2013
geearf said:

Cause he survived against Achnologia?A hole city have a "system" just for him.Natsu not even thinks to go against him when he's serious.Most pf ft magician etc.
Jan 18, 2016 7:41 PM

Sep 2011
geearf said:
Morcombe said:

Gildarts is strong compared to his guild yes, but he's still fodder compared to Achnologia, so no matter what Mashima can't make him too strong.
Makarov was supposed to be super strong, and got almost fodderized by Precht (who was older so the age cannot be used...). I'm sure Gildarts is stronger, but I can't see too many orders of magnitude stronger.

As for the most powerful, even more than the 4 gods of Ishtar ? (well let's forget the 4th...)

Has it been stated that the Spriggan 12 are as powerful as Acnolgia? Cause I'm pretty sure he would beat all 12 of them if he faced them 1 on 1 maybe all 12 against him at the same time might beat him but defo not 1 on 1.

Until Gildarts actually shows up we have no idea what his true strength is in comparison to the 4 Gods of Ishgar but I'm almost certain he will be stronger than 2 - 4 and will most likely equal Serena, at this point I'd even say Gildarts is stronger than Makarov and Makarov is ranked somewhere between 6 - 10 in the Wizard saints.

If Gildarts isn't at least equal to the Spriggan 12 then I don't see why Mashima would have left him out of the Tartarus arc, the only reason for not having him there has to be because he would have been to powerful for Tartarus to handle, same here the only reason not have him here in this arc at the start is so he can do a "Big Damn Hero" moment when he's badly needed.
Jan 18, 2016 8:02 PM
Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
teo1323 said:

Hades?
Igneel previus arc?

Well I guess he's coming back then
Jan 18, 2016 8:27 PM
Jun 2009
Morcombe said:

Has it been stated that the Spriggan 12 are as powerful as Acnolgia? Cause I'm pretty sure he would beat all 12 of them if he faced them 1 on 1 maybe all 12 against him at the same time might beat him but defo not 1 on 1.

Until Gildarts actually shows up we have no idea what his true strength is in comparison to the 4 Gods of Ishgar but I'm almost certain he will be stronger than 2 - 4 and will most likely equal Serena, at this point I'd even say Gildarts is stronger than Makarov and Makarov is ranked somewhere between 6 - 10 in the Wizard saints.

If Gildarts isn't at least equal to the Spriggan 12 then I don't see why Mashima would have left him out of the Tartarus arc, the only reason for not having him there has to be because he would have been to powerful for Tartarus to handle, same here the only reason not have him here in this arc at the start is so he can do a "Big Damn Hero" moment when he's badly needed.

Oh I'd guess Achnologia to be stronger, he's supposed to be on par with Zeref (whom cannot die... I don't get it but oh well). That was just to have a limit on Gildarts.

As for the rest, we'll have to see but I doubt it.
Natsu and the other young ones are the heroes, apart from Blueno I can't remember Gildarts doing much, maybe he did though?
geearfJan 18, 2016 8:33 PM
Jan 18, 2016 8:33 PM
Jun 2009
teo1323 said:

Cause he survived against Achnologia?A hole city have a "system" just for him.Natsu not even thinks to go against him when he's serious.Most pf ft magician etc.

Didn't he only survived cause Achnologia didn't care to kill him?
He has enough destructive power with not enough care to destroy a city sure, but so what?
As for Natsu yes, bis repetita?
Jan 18, 2016 11:34 PM

Mar 2012
The way the fights panned out is definitely a bummer. Still hoping that we'll maybe go back a bit and see the substance of at least the Serena vs the Ishgar 2-5.

The cliffhanger of Natsu being a dire state felt resolved way too conveniently for it to matter. Also hoping to see there'll be potential repercussions later.
Jan 19, 2016 1:36 AM

Apr 2008
trump54 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well I guess he's coming back then

Learn to be a better troll
Jan 19, 2016 3:34 AM
Sep 2015
Kizaru2 said:
damn... the most epic and anticipated battle is offpaneled.

where exactly did anyone regard Gildarts as "the most powerful character in the series"? I dont remember that to happen at any point of the anime/manga.

im a hardcore ft fan but seriously, I must admit that I am disappointed of the offpanel pull. maybe he will show the fight later, as a flashback or something.. or fragments of it. X_X

Still hoping that the battle wast just an illusion.
Jan 19, 2016 4:05 AM

Dec 2011
The cancerous growth then became so small that it reached the nanoscale, was carried by the bloodstream and metastasized via crossing the blood-brain barrier.
Jan 19, 2016 4:08 AM

Apr 2008
Aurusine said:
The cancerous growth then became so small that it reached the nanoscale, was carried by the bloodstream and metastasized via crossing the blood-brain barrier.

Seems likely yeah.
Jan 19, 2016 4:19 AM
Dec 2015
I hope that Gildarts fight with God Serena! Will be awesome!
Jan 19, 2016 7:49 AM

Jul 2015
God Serena is TOO OP. Please NERF.
Jan 19, 2016 8:02 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Casualties in fairy tail = slightly injured.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jan 19, 2016 9:15 AM

Sep 2014
Random tumor out of nowhere lol.
Dat Kagura <3
Wonder who's gonna wreck Serena~
nerfxJan 20, 2016 3:30 AM
Jan 19, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2014
I feel like unironically agreeing with those who felt that Kagura getting stripped was the best part of the chapter, and even that pissed me off (both for Kagura falling victim to Defeat By Modesty and the random fodder mages stopping to ogle her in the middle of a warzone). Honestly what makes this chapter so terrible for me is that interesting stuff happened (Brandish locating and shrinking the tumor, Saber, Lamia and Mermaid's retreat, and the Wizard Saint battle), but we just didn't see it for some reason. The best I could think of is because it's easier to leave it to your imagination so that when FT stomps these Spriggans you'll have no one to blame but yourself for hyping them.

I'll give props for two things though:
One, Aquarius telling Lucy what she was going to last chapter instead of leaving it hanging (too bad it was just repeating what she said earlier with more words and it took up panel time better spent on the actual fights).
B, Judging by Makarov's conversation with Poryluscia, Brandish may be the mole but there's more to it, since her actions confound even Makarov (who being the one who theoretically put her up to it, should not be confused).
Jan 19, 2016 10:39 AM

Jun 2008
Morcombe said:
geearf said:

spoiler tagging this just in case

The bold guy that is 5th in wizards saints was about as strong as Laxus when they fought in the magic games. Even if we assume Laxus managed to widen the gap in this one year it stills is quite a powerful guy and his only the 5th.
How strong is the 2nd? He must be stronger than current Laxus(btw where is that guy?) at least.
So God Serena managing to beat all of them alone is really OP. I can't believe that the sand guy is as strong as God Serena after this. Obviously not all Sprigans are at the same level.
The thing about Gildratz though is that we really have no idea how strong he is. He never really fought full power on screen. For all we know he may be from 2 to 5 times stronger than Laxus.
We just do not know, so i guess Mashima can easily make him appear and rival God Serena in power but it will certainly make a few of be like "Wow! so he was THAT powerful?"
Jan 19, 2016 11:19 AM
Oct 2015
I'm glad that these battles are having in-between breaks because otherwise they will exhaust their magic . I think Aquarius' key belongs to a possible Spriggan , who happens to be Celestial Wizard. That would be a major twist . Aquarius did say she isn't giving any hints... That would make Lucy saying "I won't lose to anyone" speech have purpose. Lucy vs Spriggan (celestial wizard) ?!?!
Jan 19, 2016 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
Gemini96 said:
I'm glad that these battles are having in-between breaks because otherwise they will exhaust their magic . I think Aquarius' key belongs to a possible Spriggan , who happens to be Celestial Wizard. That would be a major twist . Aquarius did say she isn't giving any hints... That would make Lucy saying "I won't lose to anyone" speech have purpose. Lucy vs Spriggan (celestial wizard) ?!?!

I honestly doubt that. This was more of a setup to give her a purpose to look forward to and work towards to overcome this war so she can go out and find Aquarius. Plus celestial spirit mages don't grow in trees.
Jan 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Gemini96 said:

I honestly doubt that. This was more of a setup to give her a purpose to look forward to and work towards to overcome this war so she can go out and find Aquarius. Plus celestial spirit mages don't grow in trees.

In fact, I believe after the whole Zentopia affair (referenced by Yukino so I can only assume it's canon) there are only three left, though really it should be 5 unless Everlue died and Angel had her magic overridden or something..
Jan 19, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
Hybrid Theory? Is Linkin Park making a cameo next chapter? Hahaha. Just kidding. Reminded me of their album.

I didn't expect we would see an off screen fight. >.<
God just wrecked everyone. So much for the top 4 of Ishgal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2016 2:04 PM
Oct 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Gemini96 said:

I understand what you mean about Lucy , however Zeref's 12 Spriggan could still have allowed an unknown spirit Mage from Alvarez to join. It would be coincidence. Not on the idea a Mage can be just become a celestial wizard. It would be cool twist if it were to happen .
Jan 19, 2016 2:06 PM
Oct 2015
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

In fact, I believe after the whole Zentopia affair (referenced by Yukino so I can only assume it's canon) there are only three left, though really it should be 5 unless Everlue died and Angel had her magic overridden or something..

The zentopia arc only verified celestial mages on the fiore continent .
Jan 19, 2016 2:30 PM

Aug 2014
Gemini96 said:
AllenNoah said:

The zentopia arc only verified celestial mages on the fiore continent .

True, I guess that's a good way to introduce new cs mages. I just hope one's a guy who's not a villain (I've recently noticed a trend in fiction. If a summoner is male, he's gonna be evil. The only exception I've found is Klarth).
Jan 19, 2016 2:35 PM

May 2015
ah i can't see god serena in action, syit
Jan 19, 2016 4:30 PM

Jan 2014
God Serena is so far the most broken human to be seen around. The 4 of them curb stomped to this extent is far too much.

Anyway I expect Gildartz to beat the living shit out of this guy.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 294 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Aug 3, 2012

121 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 292 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Jul 12, 2012

112 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.