Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2016 6:07 AM
Jul 2015
Really nice first episode.
Also i made some research and found out that there is a live action of it though i don't know if it aired or will be airing soon.
The opening is very cool and story is awesome so far.
Those last minutes in the episode were the most interresting.
Let's hope the study doesn't drift away in the next few episodes.
This will be, hopefully, on of the best anime of the season.
Jan 9, 2016 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
Indeed a good start with a lot of mistery and some serious plot, i like that.
The main character is not stupid, maybe it will be interesting and i hope the time- reverted thing will not cause any problem.
Jan 9, 2016 7:32 AM
Jan 2016
Man the first episode was awsome, it really was satisfying to see a good series
Jan 9, 2016 7:34 AM

Apr 2011
He was sent back to 1988 , so maybe now he has to find out who the killer was and the truth behind the kidnappings. His mom saw who it was before she died and was shocked. I don't know what you mean by he can't control it? It already sent him back to the beginning so now he can find everything out himself
Jan 9, 2016 7:43 AM

Mar 2015
wow, i don't expect it to be that good. they extreamly rushed it. but honestly, everything still feel natural. other than scane after that mother killed, i don't rant much. it's fucking great. but i hope they will show some flashback that skipped in this episode on later episode.

9/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 9, 2016 7:46 AM

Jul 2011
Vintensnyu said:
Indeed a good start with a lot of mistery and some serious plot, i like that.
The main character is not stupid, maybe it will be interesting and i hope the time- reverted thing will not cause any problem.

he's actually asocial, as in, when talking with somebody, he has to think A LOT about what they're saying, in fact, the whole speech in the hospital was like "should i say this?nno do normal eople say that? but i'm not interested... eh, i'll give it a shot. wait, why is she still here?" and so on.

and you know, it has been(somewhat) proven that asocial people are more intelligent, or at least, they seem so.
Jan 9, 2016 7:47 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, this was really good. I knew there'd be a twist at the end, but that was still pretty well done. Good direction, ost & visuals as well! Op by Asian kung fu generation is always great, i'm a fan of them since haruka kanata op of naruto. A1 pictures producing something good once in a while, kek.

Overall best first episode of the season (other than Rangoku Shinjuu), I'll stick around for the rest of the season.

lonelytree said:
theaznkid360 said:
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I haven't felt like that in a while

same... what a thriller that episode was. even if I saw the mom's death coming, it still had a crap ton of impact. SAO's director might be pretty good after all, but let's see if he can keep it up this season.

hey, the director Ito is a madhouse graduate who was mainly trained under Mamoru Hosoda! He's good, and this is a perfect series for him to showcase his talent. (plus he said he didnt care about sao)
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jan 9, 2016 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
There were so many death flags that it wasn't even surprising Satouro's mom died. Well this anime might be a really good watch this season. Interesting plot and of course the mysteries that needs to be solved are quite intriguing. And they played asian kung-fu generation's song in the ending so I automatically love this anime. Its kinda weird though that they used a relatively old song.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 9, 2016 8:17 AM

Dec 2010
...DAT FEEL SO HEAVY
Jan 9, 2016 8:43 AM
Sep 2015
I watched the episode and I liked it a lot and then I read the manga (up to ch 34) and I can't wait until the mystery unravels.
Jan 9, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
Most impressive first episode so far this season. Holy shit. I'm so excited to watch this.

Jan 9, 2016 9:21 AM

Dec 2014
Starting watching this because I had some free time but darn, that was really interesting. Felt really 'meh' about the mother at the beginning but I grew to like her pretty fast.

I like Satoru's voice actor, he's doing a great job.
Jan 9, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2015
This looks very interesting so far. I've always been into time travel and this could be another (possibly even less flawed) version of Steins;Gate. I can already see the similarities. On its own, it has an interesting premise, Kajiura's music and the production looks good. It could very well be a worthy show.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Jan 9, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2011
moeanao said:
Looks like this is gonna be interesting.
But I do not like Satoru's voice.

it fits extremly well with his character, which isn't portrayed very well into the anime.

what he says, he says like he should, fact is, he doesn't say what he says in the manga.
Jan 9, 2016 10:15 AM
Aug 2013
Fai said:
Pass-the-Salt said:
Well, this is instantly best anime of the season (so far). And who would of thought it would be done by A-1 Pictures of all studios.

Shinsekai yori, m8. A1 creating top notch shows is nothing new.

That's actually a manga , not created by A1.
Jan 9, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2011
Pretty damn good first episode.

MC was realistic with his voice and expressions. Plus I am a huge fan of time-related series so I hope this goes well.

This and Showa are my top for this season. I might start the manga this week.

lc_ said:
Fai said:

Shinsekai Yori is a Novel created by Yusuke Kishi. The manga is awful, no need to read it.
A1 did a great job adapting it (although I am still at the start of reading the Novel and I know they removed/changed stuff) but it doesn't change the fact that is one of the best anime of the recent years.
Jan 9, 2016 10:57 AM

May 2012
The mother's death flags were being furiously waved in my face, but despite that this episode was very strong. I haven't read the source material, but as an anime-only viewer I didn't dislike the pacing, and the episode was especially strong because of where it ended.

A lot of manga readers seem to be taking this one well, which is good. For those that aren't, you should know that there is a lot that goes into the adaptation of a manga. When you only have one cour to work with, twenty-two minute "chapters", and the source material isn't even finished, modification should be expected for the show to turn out well!

That's what Shirobako taught me, anyway. Haha
Jan 9, 2016 11:19 AM

Apr 2011
Well that was intense o___o but loved it ! also 5/5 ED
Jan 9, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2015
This was a really strong first episode - I'm a huge fan of the premise, and I already quite like the main character (props to his voice actor, too, since he is apparently relatively new). The animation and music were great as well. Very much looking forward to future episodes.
MagisterEquitumJan 9, 2016 1:57 PM
Jan 9, 2016 11:44 AM

Dec 2013
One word ; Cliffhanger !
Jan 9, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
That was interesting, for sure. I practically don't know anything about that show, so it give a fresh vibes.

So Satoru was thrown back in time. I'm not sure I understand how this revival thing works. Does it activate by itself? Does he have to do something special to go back in time?

It sure must be soul crushing to learn that your role model was accused of being a serial killer, the one who killed two of your classmate nonetheless.
I find it kinda funny though that the true serial killer thought that it was a great idea to kidnap a little girl dressed as a cliche pedophile rapist. Depressing beard, terrible fisher hat, sunglasses. Yep, perfect camouflage.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 9, 2016 12:17 PM

Jun 2014
Oh my god, that was awesome! Best first episode I've seen this season for sure.

The concept is cool, execution was great, and the second half was especially good. It was sad when Fujinuma's mother was thinking about him as she died :(

Really excited for the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2011
lc_ said:
Fai said:

as yuyyuka said, also this comes from a manga...
Jan 9, 2016 12:26 PM

Jul 2012
lc_ said:
Fai said:

Actually, it's a novel.

Fuck the manga.
Jan 9, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
ohhh this gonna be good!

Great first episode and I hope the rest of the series follows suit. Will the rest of the story be told in 1988 or will the MC go back to present time, maybe some back and forth, that would be interesting.
Jan 9, 2016 12:40 PM
Nov 2013
Wow!! I'm faithfully following this manga. To be honest, this first episode is really wonderful. The voice actor sounds so realistic. I never heard of this guy's voice before, and it surprise me to know that this is his voice acting debut in anime. The story is good in manga. I hope the next episode will be good like the first episode. If they ruin it, I will curse them for ruining this good series. I wish I didn't read the manga first. T_T.
Jan 9, 2016 1:44 PM

Dec 2011
best anime of the season forsure

Jan 9, 2016 1:56 PM

Feb 2014
it was an awesome first episode, the best one so fare. really interesting premise. i can`t wait to see how it continues. i really hope the quality stays like this for the hole season.
Jan 9, 2016 2:27 PM
Dec 2015
Really good first episode. The story line is just my cup of tea.
Characters are interesting. Wasn't a huge fan of the mother at first, then she started to grow on me but then she died! </3
Emotional attachment towards the characters was built up well in the episode. Definitely going to keep watching!
Jan 9, 2016 2:28 PM

May 2012
WOW, this anime way better that I what I expected
Jan 9, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2011
First ep was incredible. So far it's exactly my kind of show with time travel and mature themes. I can't wait to watch more.
Jan 9, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
Pls, do not SCREW this one!!!
Pls!!!
F*cking potential...
Arghh... my eyes are bleeding....
A-1....you...pls...be careful...
Just DO it!

Jan 9, 2016 3:11 PM

Mar 2013
such a great start looking forward to next episode :)

love Psychological anime's and love the MC personality,
definitely holding number 1 spot on my list from the anime's
i watch so far on this season.
NisxJan 9, 2016 3:14 PM
Jan 9, 2016 3:16 PM

May 2008
The potential there!! Lf the next episode!
Jan 9, 2016 3:26 PM

Nov 2014
Wow that was AMAZING!

Jan 9, 2016 3:45 PM

Feb 2014
Yes, this is the anime I was looking forward the most.
Its really interesting so far and Im good entertained so far.
Lets hope they wont mess up, potential AOTS here.
Jan 9, 2016 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
this was not on my initial list but after seeing its ranking on MAL I decided to watch the first episode. I'm glad I did! Very interesting setting and I like the supernatural element. I hope every episode will be action packed like this one (in its own terms).
Jan 9, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2015
I hate it. Reading the manga, i think that Kei Sanbe is one of master of thtiller. I love this manga and it's one of my favorite. But when i see how many scenes was delate on the anime, i just want to have the same power as Saturo for changing this bullshit! I can suport that the staf is not famous and the sounds too, but they don't need to change too much the original story. Even it's for 12-13 episodes format.
Jan 9, 2016 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing! The plot and the way that everything happened is simply perfect.
Can't wait for next episode! So now he can everything back and save that girl :D 10/10 already loving it.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 9, 2016 4:26 PM
Oct 2014
And that, boys and girls, is how you kick off a new year of anime.
Jan 9, 2016 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
That was really good.

Dude that girl is so into you. No "friend" would come over for dinner with your mother. Then his mom got stabbed!

Well, none of that matters because he has gone all Back-To-The-Future on us. He has to prevent the kidnapping of that girl I'm guessing.
Jan 9, 2016 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
Definitely interesting episode. There's a lot of potential imo although I'm somewhat worried because the manga is still ongoing. Still good stuff, looking forward to more for sure. The second half was pretty thrilling.

According to the director, the anime will end with the manga's original ending, even though the manga has not yet ended.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-01-08/erased-boku-dake-ga-inai-machi-anime-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329
Jan 9, 2016 6:18 PM

Nov 2014
One of the few animes that will be worth watching this season. AOTS!
Jan 9, 2016 8:09 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, what a great first episode! It wasn't a boring first episode as some anime have; this grabbed my attention immediately. The anime looks promising so I'll keep watching it. Waiting on the second episode :)
Jan 9, 2016 8:18 PM

Jun 2015
Looks promising!! But this is definitely not the kind of anime that you can watch every week. I guess i will wait for it to end and watch it in one go.
Jan 9, 2016 8:30 PM

Jun 2013
That moment when you hear a good song at the end after a good first episode, it's like a gentle tap on the shoulder assuring you that every thing will be ok. Fucking love AKG. High hopes for this one this season.

Jan 9, 2016 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
Woah woah woah. I knew he was gonna be right behind her but i thought he was just gonna kidnap her... holy...
Jan 9, 2016 9:33 PM

Sep 2013
Saw the comments about the changes from the manga and I went and read the manga up to the time leap myself.
The changes seemed big at first, but after thought, they don't really seem to matter.
Jan 9, 2016 9:43 PM

Feb 2010
That was a strong start, looks promising will definitely watch this till the end
i see the manga isn't even finished so i hope A-1 didn't screw up

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 9, 2016 10:22 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome ED song, awesome characters. This series may be a contender for the best Winter Anime for 2016, I haven't even seen the pilot episode for Ajin yet and I can already tell this Anime is better. I'm going to read the manga.

I loved every minute of it.
臭い-
Pages (17) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.