Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2015 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this duel was exciting although I still hate the director for manipulating the field.

I found it interesting that Serena uses Pendulum with its abilities for some flashy combos.
Yugo continuously impresses me with his spell cards to support his Clear Wing Synchro Dragons. I think both duelists fought pretty damn well this time.

Solid duel overall.
GG Serena. She tried hard but it wasn't enough in the end. Gj Yugo, still undefeated on-screen :D
Dec 13, 2015 2:49 AM

May 2013
Yuri appeared in this episode and he looks pissed maaan that means he knows Serena?

EDIT: Watched the subs and I'm glad the episode didn't disappoint for Serena's development.
SweetCoconutDec 15, 2015 1:34 PM
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 13, 2015 3:56 AM
Apr 2013
Even until the end Yugo and Serena is still as hilarious as ever XD
Nice to see that Serena's view about Dueling started to change. I'm happy to see the development of her character in this episode.

Now instead of the Duel between Reira and the Securities in the next episode, I'm looking forward to the road chase between Yugo and Yuri more...(Sorry Reira, Serena!)
Dec 13, 2015 4:17 AM
Jul 2015
interesting episode serena was acting more cheerful and she gladly accepted her defeat against yugo. Yuri finally appears and he looks really pissed and jealous after seeing yugo and serena happily talking. yugo seems to be scared of yuri as well. i hope they skip reiras duel against security and focus more on yugo trying to chase after yuri.

i am sure that yuri and serena used to know each other like the other bracelet girl and yu boys. but reo altered only serena's memory. this would explain why yuri looks angry.
i hope yuto becomes relevant again as soon as possible

i have a feeling that we won't get to see ruri and rin in person until the series comes to an end we will only get to see them more in flashbacks.

sorry for my bad english
Dec 13, 2015 4:33 AM
Apr 2013
saeryukgki said:
interesting episode serena was acting more cheerful and she gladly accepted her defeat against yugo. Yuri finally appears and he looks really pissed and jealous after seeing yugo and serena happily talking. yugo seems to be scared of yuri as well. i hope they skip reiras duel against security and focus more on yugo trying to chase after yuri.

I highly doubt they will skip the Duel between Securities and Reira. The title of the episode, "Unyielding Resolve" must be about Reira's resolve to stop running away and grow a backbone.
Dec 13, 2015 6:55 AM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
saeryukgki said:

I highly doubt they will skip the Duel between Securities and Reira. The title of the episode, "Unyielding Resolve" must be about Reira's resolve to stop running away and grow a backbone.
i hope it will be a balance at least i mean they will show a bit of reira dual and then change to yugo and yuri
Dec 13, 2015 7:48 AM
Apr 2013
I'm a bit worried with the synchronisation between Yuya and Yugo. Since both of them without realising are synchronising, Yugo said Yuya's catchphrase like it was his own. I hope this won't make the Commons (I'm leaving out the Tops since they are 'supportive' of Yuya in the last Duel) think that Yuya is copying "Yugo's" catchphrase or anything if Yuya said it in his next Duel. Yuya did say it during his Duel against Duel Chaser, but you know how the audiences's reaction. It's less positive than when Yugo said it. Yuya's image has been tainted because of Roger and still yet to be cleared, so the Commons won't think well of Yuya. I hope it's just me being too worried and this won't happen...

Director or anything, if you want to make Yuya suffer a little bit more then okay, I'll try to bear it, but can't you just please at least clear Yuya's name?! Watching him being scorned for something he didn't do, for me, is worse than watching him troubled by his own inner turmoil!

I'm protesting too much here. I'll take a sleep for now...
Dec 13, 2015 8:14 AM
Aug 2014
Great episode. I love a good duel with tons of chain effects! It's nice to also see Serena become more cheerful. It's quite a difference compared to her usual serious attitude.

Both players dueled very well. Stupid that Roger kept interfering though. Also nice to see more new monsters from the both of them. Crystal Wing Syncro Dragon is beautiful as well!

The scene with Reiji staring at Reira was very awkward because of how brief it was. It seemed unintentionally comedic. But should be obvious that Reira will finally duel again soon.
Dec 13, 2015 10:46 AM
Aug 2015
Tbh I don't know how to feel about this epsidoe it was absolutely amazing on one hand, but that last shot of Yuri made me burst out laughing I just ccan't take his eyebrows seroiusly XD
Dec 13, 2015 11:36 AM
Sep 2015
Loved the character development from Serena and Shun these past few episodes. Was pretty shocked about Serena pendulum summoning, but with her pendulum summoning along with Yuya, Gongenzaka, Reiji, Sawatari, and Dennis (even though he's not a Lancer anymore), it's probably only a matter of time before Tsukikage, Reira, and Shun have their own cards that pendulum summon. Can't wait to see next episode and see if Yugo attempts to confront Yuri!
richi1234Dec 13, 2015 11:39 AM
Dec 13, 2015 8:35 PM
Apr 2013
richi1234 said:
Loved the character development from Serena and Shun these past few episodes. Was pretty shocked about Serena pendulum summoning, but with her pendulum summoning along with Yuya, Gongenzaka, Reiji, Sawatari, and Dennis (even though he's not a Lancer anymore), it's probably only a matter of time before Tsukikage, Reira, and Shun have their own cards that pendulum summon. Can't wait to see next episode and see if Yugo attempts to confront Yuri!

I don't know if you already know this, but you can try to check the extended PV:

Dec 13, 2015 10:14 PM
Sep 2015
Frost190 said:
richi1234 said:

I don't know if you already know this, but you can try to check the extended PV:

Yeah I saw that after I posted. The hype for next episode is real.
Dec 15, 2015 3:45 AM

Sep 2009
Oh that look of jealousy on Yuri's face was awesome lol.

Dec 15, 2015 5:46 AM

Jun 2013
Great duel with Crystal Wings's awesome ability.
Yugo vs Yuri will be great. Yuri is the man that kidnapped Rin.
Dec 15, 2015 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
Good episode all around. I was dying when Serena let out the "Ladies and gentlemen!" line. It was a fantastic duel with some excellent character development for Serena and a good show of perseverance from Yugo. The only thing that bothered me a tiny bit was the ending of the duel. Don't get me wrong, Crystal Wing is a beautiful new card, but it seemed a little anticlimactic. No mystical creation of a new evolution for Clear Wing, none of the usual banter when someone shows off an improved version of their ace for the first time. Just whips it out and attacks saying, "by the way, when this card attacks a level 5 or higher, it gets an auto honest effect." Like I said, not bashing the duel, I still loved it. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Yuya's entertainment theatrics lately.
Dec 15, 2015 5:17 PM
Sep 2012
Well a surprising conclusion. And finally Selena seems to have opened up, and next episode another person opens up his heart a bit, but more on that later, Yuya has finally had an influence.

I am pretty sure that by the end of the duel, Selena figured out was going on with someone rigging the duel in her favor, not sure if Yugo figured that out, or just didn't care, he can be dense sometimes, I guess you have to give her credit for brains.

Yugo wins, and what is Jean going to do now, will he just use Yugo in the role he had in mind for Selena.

I am glad in the end, we got a clear victory and not a tainted result, and I most glad Selena got some development here.

And look whose here, it is Yuri, what is he planning? I thought when he finally shows up, he would have a whole army ready to wreak stuff. If Yugo now that he realizes it was Yuri not Yuto responsible for Rin's disappearance, if he sees him things are going to explode.

Next episode, Reina steps up to try to save Selena from being taking to the Underground, though I think if she goes to the underground, Selena could be very helpful to Shun busting everyone out.
Dec 15, 2015 8:05 PM

Oct 2011
What a entertaining duel with Yuugo and Serena. Glad she understands Yuuya.
OMG YUURI!!!!!
Dec 15, 2015 11:27 PM
Apr 2013
blfan said:
Well a surprising conclusion. And finally Selena seems to have opened up, and next episode another person opens up his heart a bit, but more on that later, Yuya has finally had an influence.

I am pretty sure that by the end of the duel, Selena figured out was going on with someone rigging the duel in her favor, not sure if Yugo figured that out, or just didn't care, he can be dense sometimes, I guess you have to give her credit for brains.

Yugo wins, and what is Jean going to do now, will he just use Yugo in the role he had in mind for Selena.

I am glad in the end, we got a clear victory and not a tainted result, and I most glad Selena got some development here.

And look whose here, it is Yuri, what is he planning? I thought when he finally shows up, he would have a whole army ready to wreak stuff. If Yugo now that he realizes it was Yuri not Yuto responsible for Rin's disappearance, if he sees him things are going to explode.

Next episode, Reina steps up to try to save Selena from being taking to the Underground, though I think if she goes to the underground, Selena could be very helpful to Shun busting everyone out.

Yuri seems to prefer working alone, remembering he dismisses the Obelisk Force when he was tasked to capture Yuzu and even told them they are a nuisance for him to complete his mission, so I'm not surprised he came alone.

When you said "Reina" you mean "Reira".
Dec 18, 2015 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
Really cool duel.
Glad Selena ignored the action card even though she lost the game, she realized it wouldnt be fair and she also got some fun out of the duel :)

Oh god ... Yuri is here, he doesnt look like he's having fun.
Dec 19, 2015 12:31 AM
Nov 2011
Yuri's probably pissed at Yugo for making Serena go to the facility
Dec 19, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
So I just saw the preview (aka cast) for ep 87 and it's giving out some good promises. I think I'm hyping it more than tomorrow's episode already. :>

>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Dec 19, 2015 11:20 PM
Apr 2013
Rukaliini said:
So I just saw the preview (aka cast) for ep 87 and it's giving out some good promises. I think I'm hyping it more than tomorrow's episode already. :>

I want to say that's a good news, but I'm worry that Yuya's reputation will be stained even more... I hope it won't become worse than before...
Dec 29, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Oh man! That duel was intense. The winner should've been Serena not Yuugo ;_; I love Yuugo but Serena deserved it more than Yuugo. Just why she ignored the action card? She could win :S I'm still glad she ignored it because if she could play the card, it would've been unfair for Yuugo.
That Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon's effect is too much for an 8 level monster(at least for me)
Jan 1, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2007
Another good duel. It was nice seeing more of Rin and Serena finally opened up a bit. This tournament is good for our stuck-up Lancers at least :v

And finally Yuri arrives so we can move on somewhat! He looks so unamused lol
Jun 19, 2016 9:32 PM

Dec 2012
Shadow dueling returns.

I'll give Yugo a pass and say that Crystal Wing was in his deck prior to the duel. He summoned it through normal means.

The power of Yuri is so stronk that Yugo sensed it.

DAT DSOD PROMOTION!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 20, 2018 10:05 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Crystal Wing @__@
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

37 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.