Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2015 6:52 AM

Jul 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really like when Pokemon are the protagonist of the episodes, and this wasn't the exception.

Darkrai appears and because of his powers, Meowth and Pikachu somehow get trapped into Puni-chan's dream. Then Pokemon start talking! And people are acting like Pokemon. Poor Pikachu, he didn't know what the fuck was going on.

Holy shit, is Zygarde 100%!

This sure was unexpected, I can't wait to his real debut.
It was kinda obvious that the fire monster who was chasing Puni-chan represents Team Flare. I liked that detail though.

Great episode. Lot of fun, little bit of trama. It was decent.

Next week Ash and co arrives to Sampei's village. I have the impression that will be a double episode.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Nov 30, 2015 5:40 AM
Dec 2009
I was waiting for a UFO to appear at the beginning when they were watching the sky ;)

Anyways, cute episode! Pokemon-centric. Puni-chan's "voice" is crazy though.
Dec 6, 2015 7:49 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Just what exactly were Darkrai's motives?

It's safe to assume there's more than one Darkrai.

I did enjoy the dream scenes. The fire ghost indeed dpes represent Team Flare. Zygarde's 100% form being teased. If they are teasing his final form, then his real debut must be close.

Pikachu had some cute faces early in the episode.

Next episode looks like a two part arc. Most likely gonna impact Ash and...

Dec 7, 2015 3:37 AM

Jul 2014
Have to admit, one of the better episodes yet! Them speaking English, haven't heard of that since the Classic Pokémon Era. Damn I'm old.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Dec 10, 2015 1:43 PM

Mar 2011
Oh the nostalgia of that old pokemon island episode where they could all talk.

This was a nice episodes. I wonder if this was just suppose to be silly fun or whether the fire monster is actually something that will come into it later, and was Darkrai warning them perhaps. Or was it just randomly messing with them? xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

May 8, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
OMG that was one of the best episodes ever!!!

The Pokemon talking was weird! lol. And Ash and Jessie and James talking Pokemon was hilarious!!!!

Jessie and James looked so adorable sleeping and snoring! I wish they'd slept leaning against each other.

Why did Darkrai put Pikachu and Meowth in to Squishy's dream? that was weird, why did he speak in an English accent? maybe it was a warning or he was just having fun. Squishie is scary at full power.

Fire monster looked like something from something else.

I like when Pikachu and Meowth work together a lot. I like when the Pokemon are the focus more of the episode like that.

I loved this episode <3
stephtastropheMay 8, 2016 2:11 PM
Jun 15, 2016 1:12 AM

Nov 2014
This episode was great! It was so weird hearing the Pokemon speak, but I loved how their voice actors were using the Pokemons individual accents but in English. Like Bunnelby/Diggersby sounded like themselves but used words. I just really hope Bunnelby and Braixen don't actually evolve because I love them the way they are ^_^ But gosh this brought back memories from that one episode in the original series when they got stuck on an island and were all talking!

And Squishy's voice!! Omg that made me laugh so hard x,D So did the part where Ash was talking like Frogadier xD

So Squishy is worried about Team Flare chasing him and it manifested itself into a ball of fire representing them. Wouldn't want that chasing me O_O

I wonder why Darkrai did that in the first place though...Now after all that it's like there's a sense of urgency. They need to hurry and get to Terminus Cave! I hope Bonnie still gets to keep Squishy though...The inevitable tearjerking goodbye feels close, but at the same time so far away...
Apr 1, 2020 7:09 AM

Dec 2008
A Pikachu & Meowth episode, so I already know I'm gonna love it. It was weird but really fun.

Meowth sleeps with earplugs too, I feel even more affinity with it. When Musashi and Kojiro were speaking as their pokemon I had to laugh. Of course in the Japanese version what the two said were both pokemon names and reasonable responses in Japanese. The pokemon talking and digivolving and stuff was fun too. It turned out to be a darkrai troll with no other meaning [that we know of yet] but I'm good with that!
Feb 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Sep 2017
Okay there definitely is more than 1 darkrai.
There is probably a Clan of Darkrais in the shadows. since they're rare to find and all it makes them Mystical.
Yeah !!!! there definitely is more than 1 darkrai secretly in shadows hiding
ash already knew darkrai. I don't know if darkrai knew ash , probably not. It was after squishy anyways for some reason. And why is there even a Darkrai in Kalos? i don't know.
Maybe just sightseeing. Or because... there's more than 1 and it lives there =]
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

Jan 2013
Fun episode, hearing the Pokemon actually talk.
I wonder if Darkrai's intentions were to alert Meowth and Pikachu to Squishy's true nature maybe.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 1 Discussion

-Koga- - Oct 30, 2015

31 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.