Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 23, 2015 2:54 AM

Mar 2015
It will have a story. I'm actually just sticking to this show because I want to see the ending. I got spoiled by the people who played the game after episode 2. I'm already hoping we get the anime adaptation of the third game.
Nov 23, 2015 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
This episode felt sooo weird and Dekoponpo is probably the most stupid name I've ever heard in anime.

I was worried why they brought a princess on a dangerous mission, but it seems Atui is actually quite a beast in battle. She also has a funny pet.
SuryNov 23, 2015 1:19 PM
Nov 23, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2012

Episode in nutshell.I died a little inside, when I catched this sceen.
Nov 23, 2015 8:06 PM

Mar 2013
at first, i don't even know or took any interest in this anime, but, two weeks ago, just by watching the first episode, i can't stop myself. now, this anime has become a must for me. even though its still doesn't have any important plot, i still am waiting every week.
this 8th episode is kinda bloody but i love it the way its ended.
and, oh my, atui, i always love your voice and the way she talk. XD
Nov 24, 2015 12:15 AM

Oct 2011
KAMYU OMG
Nov 24, 2015 6:32 AM

May 2015
That scene when Atui got splashed by insect liquid. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 24, 2015 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
Sury said:
This episode felt sooo weird and Dekoponpo is probably the most stupid name I've ever heard in anime.

I was worried why they brought a princess on a dangerous mission, but it seems Atui is actually quite a beast in battle. She also has a funny pet.

If you watch the first season, you will see that this type of names are by the same way before, only a joke name.
Nov 25, 2015 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Episode pretty good, but if the tone of the narrative had been more serious, then it would have more impact on engagement. The final it was a bit puzzled, drawings and animations excellent, excellent as are the sets.
Nov 25, 2015 1:06 PM

Oct 2014
Ultimate215 said:
Those insects were pretty cool looking.

Now that I really think about it, this season puts the gigantic insects motif (as a largely hostile but by no means anomalous part of nature) to extensive use. I could be wrong, but that trope may have been directly inspired by Tani no Kaze no Nausicaa, kind of like how Chocobos were directly inspired by those giant ridable flightless birds in TKN. Gah TKN is still pretty much my favorite anything of all time ever and (as far as the anime is concerned) one of the only animes or movies in general that I've been able to watch more than 10 times and not even begin to get tired of.

I guess I'm going off-topic here.

Giant bugs are fucking cool. Too bad arthropods IRL can't come even close to reaching such a size without there being at least 40% more oxygen as a percentage of the Earth's atmosphere than there currently is (biophysics etc.), and if the atmosphere was 50% oxygen anyway you would literally be able to set the entire sky on fire just by lighting a match.

Maybe giant bug robots would be more feasible? We might still be able to have our Super Giant Insect Fighting Arena, in a sense.
chenchouliNov 25, 2015 1:10 PM
Nov 25, 2015 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
jose21 said:
ErwinJA said:
It's solid gold. A single gold ingot (those bars in movies and what not in case you don't know) weighs 12.4 kg, or about 27 lbs and 5 oz. A typical diver's weight belt, by comparison, usually weighs 12-20 lbs.
Especially when combined with water-soaked clothes, which both weigh one down and hamper movement, it's enough to severely affect buoyancy. Add to that the fact that he's not that strong and can't use his arms while carrying it, and it's hardly a stretch, though the depiction of how it would work is certainly a bit off.

tl:dr
Yes, it is indeed heavy enough to make someone unable to surface while carrying it.

I kind of understand. Sure, I would believe for Haku not to be able to do it, but Ukon should have been able to do it. UKon and pretty much all the other non normal human characters have been shown to be way stronger than a normal person.
Also, the way Haku is holding the two pieces of that thing right after it was cut seems unnatural for something that should be quite heavy (The scene were he is holding the pieces with his fingers).

I like how none of you wondered how the hell is a solid gold object been cut in two like that.
Nov 26, 2015 3:04 AM

Jul 2007
chenchouli said:
Ultimate215 said:
Those insects were pretty cool looking.

Now that I really think about it, this season puts the gigantic insects motif (as a largely hostile but by no means anomalous part of nature) to extensive use. I could be wrong, but that trope may have been directly inspired by Tani no Kaze no Nausicaa, kind of like how Chocobos were directly inspired by those giant ridable flightless birds in TKN. Gah TKN is still pretty much my favorite anything of all time ever and (as far as the anime is concerned) one of the only animes or movies in general that I've been able to watch more than 10 times and not even begin to get tired of.

I guess I'm going off-topic here.

Giant bugs are fucking cool. Too bad arthropods IRL can't come even close to reaching such a size without there being at least 40% more oxygen as a percentage of the Earth's atmosphere than there currently is (biophysics etc.), and if the atmosphere was 50% oxygen anyway you would literally be able to set the entire sky on fire just by lighting a match.

Maybe giant bug robots would be more feasible? We might still be able to have our Super Giant Insect Fighting Arena, in a sense.

IT is realistic for the UTA's universe because (lore part)

Monad said:

I like how none of you wondered how the hell is a solid gold object been cut in two like that.

Gold weighs a lot but gold is also incredibly soft and malleable. Its the reason why pure gold alloy is no longer used. That's also where the trope of checking gold coins in movies by biting them comes from.

As for the other user's question about why Ukon did not just lift both of them - weight works differently underwater.
Nov 26, 2015 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
I absolutely love this show haha.. If Rurutie watched Ukon and Haku 's interaction, she would have a home run with all that Yaoi novel!!

Anyways, My 4th best girl is coming up (CAMYU) next episode.. I can't wait
Nov 26, 2015 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
This episode sure was a change of pace. More action then usual.
Nov 28, 2015 4:07 AM

Jun 2009
Damn I love Atui seiyu's voice <3
Nov 28, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like that other guy in the after-credit might be a normal human too...

I don't know where the flying squid came from, it just... appeared. Weird.

Atui voice is just too funny. I just want to hear it over and over again.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 28, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
minouneetzoe said:
I don't know where the flying squid came from, it just... appeared.

Atui's pet, they probably just didn't know when to actually introduce it, so it awkwardly appears in this episode.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 28, 2015 1:08 PM

Jul 2007
kaimax said:
minouneetzoe said:
I don't know where the flying squid came from, it just... appeared.

Atui's pet, they probably just didn't know when to actually introduce it, so it awkwardly appears in this episode.

TBH him just being there out of nowhere perfectly fits Atui's character.
Dec 11, 2015 11:55 AM

Sep 2014
More action than usual was great!
Damn I really love Atui and her voice <3
Haku at the end..feels like he's going to recover his memory pretty soon.
Jan 11, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2011
So either Ukon has water-proof glue and a special salve or something to get that beard off, or he can grow it instantly when he needs it. How he manages to keep his hair straight or all tousled is another mystery..

And Haku is funny. Two people covered completely in robes appear in the middle of a mist that suddenly arose. They invite him to, well, something, open some kind of portal etc.. and what does he do?

He's like "well, didn't have any plans this afternoon anyways".

The masks where also funny. Atui stands out so much with that clothing..and Ukon with his build and hair..Haku was also clothed differently from the other people.
May 21, 2022 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode, Atuy is hilarious here. The bug brawl is a interesting way to gamble at least.

The Mito person at the end is pretty interesting, he seems to have normal ears in contrast to many of the characters.
Dec 1, 2022 4:14 AM

Aug 2013
Watching the anime and this episode after completing the vn feel really bad, the beginning was great but damn they really butchered every scenes that came after.

Rurutie is stuck to being the BL lover and nothing else, Atuy somehow joins the group out of nowhere, Kiryu's introduction was so fucking weird with him shooting arrows at atuy...
And damn this boat episode, the scene between Ukon and Haku was so bad, we lost all form of foreshadowing and bond between these two and only got a bit of backstory from Ukon.
Also it's so weird they portray Mikazuchi in a good light when he's actually feared by the civilians and Nekone until the reveal which comes later..

I'll stick bc I like Uta but yeah, this is pretty bad.
Dec 27, 2022 12:49 AM

Dec 2018
yeah i'm lowering the score to 1/10 after this crap.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.