Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2009 11:03 AM

Jul 2009
Thread title says it all,

Personally i have always been in love with Dungeon Keeper 1 + 2, no one i know has ever heard of the games yet i think they are the mst interesting games i have ever played, especially since they do something that you just dont see in any other game, i wish they made a new kind of genre for this type of game but alas they threw the project away and DK3 never saw the light of day.

To this very day i havent seen any single game that can be at all like Dungeon Keeper waas and still be a great game, i feel it was a great missed opportunity.

R.I.P Bullfrog - Gaming Company that made great games like dungeon keeper, theme hospital etc., no one made games like they did even if it is an outdated company now that no longer exists :(
Man Created God in his Own Image : Intolerant, Sexist, Homophobic and Violent

A Theory That Explains Everything Explains Nothing
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2009 1:24 PM

Nov 2008
Banjo Tooie is the only shit you should smoke.
Dec 22, 2009 1:43 PM

Apr 2009
i would say Wind Waker,not sure if its so "underrated" but it certainly doesn't get the love it deserves

Ico is another one

Resistance 1+2 (easily the best FPS's this gen)
Dec 22, 2009 3:31 PM

May 2009
Grandia.

Most people I've seen adore 2, which is fine by me, but I'll always love 1 more. It's my fav RPG. Maybe I'll see a proper remake in the future. Doubt it, though who knows?

Dec 22, 2009 4:35 PM

Dec 2009
^A Grandia remake would be sooo awesome. :D

For me, Legend of Dragon. It needs a better translation, but I thought it was one awesome little game. But everyone I know always trashes it.

Suikoden Tierkreis, too. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. I don't know how DQ was reviewed in magazines or on RPG sites, never bothered to look, but I only ever hear people complain about it. I LOVE that game. It's fantastic in my eyes.
EioneDec 23, 2009 10:19 AM
Dec 22, 2009 4:38 PM

Nov 2009
Grandia 2 for me, I remember reading in a PS2 magazine that it only scored 46% but I have played and finished it on 3 formats (DC, PC, PS2) and I loved it every time.

I'm a sad man as I named my daughter after the lead female character =) so in essence all Grandia 2 fans know my daughter's name lol =)
Dec 22, 2009 9:43 PM

May 2009
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.

Fawking love that combat system. Four years ago, if you were to tell me that it was possible to perfectly mix SRPG, turn-based based and real time elements all into one awesome combat system, I could of never believed you. The game if under-leveled can become as strategic as a SRPG but if over-leveled, it can become fun and addicting like a real-time RPG. Still waiting for tri-Ace to finish the series with the third installment.

BUT NO! THEY HAVE TO MAKE A SEQUEL TO INFINITE UNDISCOVERY.
Dec 22, 2009 9:50 PM
Jun 2009
Zuly said:
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.

Fawking love that combat system. Four years ago, if you were to tell me that it was possible to perfectly mix SRPG, turn-based based and real time elements all into one awesome combat system, I could of never believed you. The game if under-leveled can become as strategic as a SRPG but if over-leveled, it can become fun and addicting like a real-time RPG. Still waiting for tri-Ace to finish the series with the third installment.

BUT NO! THEY HAVE TO MAKE A SEQUEL TO INFINITE UNDISCOVERY.

I saw the thread and thought of VP2 straight away, It's a really good game that doesn't get the love it deserves.

Are they making a sequel to Infinite Undiscovery? That game was alright but voices really pissed me off, so i ended up listening to music while playing it.
Dec 22, 2009 9:56 PM

May 2009
According to Wikipedia, yes.
Dec 23, 2009 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
medievil on psx
and tomba! on psx
alsoooooo hercs adventures on psx
Dec 23, 2009 1:25 AM

Apr 2008
A lot of people told me Twilight Princess was utter crap, but I played it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe it's just me :<

Dec 23, 2009 1:52 AM

Oct 2009
Growlanser: Heritage Of War.. or maybe the entire series as well.
Dec 23, 2009 3:49 AM

Jul 2009
I think i might mention warhammer online here as well, was a great game but it got ruined just because too many people left and the server pop of the 2 competing sides got unbalanced.

Best PvP experience in an MMO i have had to date.

Dec 23, 2009 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
SuperKyou said:
I'm a sad man as I named my daughter after the lead female character =) so in essence all Grandia 2 fans know my daughter's name lol =)

Millenia's a beautiful name. :D

Hehe.
EioneDec 23, 2009 10:39 AM
Dec 23, 2009 10:28 AM

Oct 2008
Snatcher and Policenauts. Great stories, characters, settings. Everything about those two games is simply amazing. Sadly, I've never met one person who has heard of those games IRL.
Dec 23, 2009 10:31 AM

Oct 2009
Mujina said:
Snatcher and Policenauts. Great stories, characters, settings. Everything about those two games is simply amazing. Sadly, I've never met one person who has heard of those games IRL.
I know of Policenauts, but unfortunately never played it :/
Dec 23, 2009 10:34 AM

Dec 2009
Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing
Such an underrated game, but really, it's perfect in its design.

See what I mean?!
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
Dec 23, 2009 10:34 AM

Oct 2008
ShadowVari said:

You have no idea what your missing out on son. The English translation patch was released a few months back, you should get on that shit asap.
Dec 23, 2009 10:40 AM

Oct 2009
Mujina said:
ShadowVari said:

You have no idea what your missing out on son. The English translation patch was released a few months back, you should get on that shit asap.
It's a shame every version was only released in Japan.
Dec 23, 2009 12:42 PM

Oct 2008
ShadowVari said:
It's a shame every version was only released in Japan.

Yes, yes it is. Which is why there was an English language patch made, and you can find a copy on ebay for cheap. Keep in mind that the patch will only work with the playstation version, not the saturn or 3do version. (and obviously not the PC-98 version)
Dec 23, 2009 1:03 PM
Jan 2009
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Dec 23, 2009 2:59 PM

May 2008
Oh look it this topic again.
You know I'm easily running out of things to say that critics hated but I loved.

I guess I'll mention Bible Adventures, it was truly Godly(HURR HURR HURR).

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 24, 2009 5:48 AM

Nov 2009
Eione said:
SuperKyou said:

Millenia's a beautiful name. :D

Hehe.

Ahaha! Nah that will be my second one =P
Dec 24, 2009 6:00 AM

Dec 2009
She will be blessed with winning in love triangles then! XD XD

She will also have "a fair hand at magic"! :3

Hopefully no wings, though. Cumbersome, those.

Seriously, though. Elena's a pretty name. It's just when I see people naming their daughters Aerith.. well, wow. x_x
Dec 24, 2009 9:13 AM

Dec 2007
Sanity: Aiken's Artifact
Dec 24, 2009 9:39 AM

Jul 2008
personally think its Okage: Shadow King. its sad that so many people never heard of it even.
Dec 24, 2009 8:18 PM

Dec 2009
-Sunset Riders
-Comix Zone
-Contra Hard Corps
-Live a Live
Dec 24, 2009 11:21 PM

Sep 2009
I'm willing to bet no-one has played Freespace 2, despite it being a fricking awesome game. Read any review and they will say the same thing, this was one hell of a game. It's just that no-one played it. Such a waste.
Dec 24, 2009 11:48 PM
Jan 2009
slax said:
I'm willing to bet no-one has played Freespace 2, despite it being a fricking awesome game. Read any review and they will say the same thing, this was one hell of a game. It's just that no-one played it. Such a waste.
I own the prequel ("Descent: FreeSpace – The Great War"). I remember it being pretty good, but it has been many years now since the last time I played it, so my memories aren't that good anymore. However, considering that there are apparently not many good space-fighting games for the PC, this definitely ranks with the better games of this genre.

Come to think of it, this game reminds me of the arcade sci-fi fighting series "Descent" from Parallex Software. It seems as if it wasn't well known either, though it's a great game in my opinion.
31fasdfdyxDec 24, 2009 11:54 PM
Dec 25, 2009 12:04 AM

Sep 2009
Argalet said:
slax said:
I own the prequel ("Descent: FreeSpace – The Great War"). I remember it being pretty good, but it has been many years now since the last time I played it, so my memories aren't that good anymore. However, considering that there are apparently not many good space-fighting games for the PC, this definitely ranks with the better games of this genre.

Come to think of it, this game reminds me of the arcade sci-fi fighting series "Descent" from Parallex Software. It seems as if it wasn't well known either, though it's a great game in my opinion.

While FS1 was very good, FS2 is much better. The graphics are upgraded, the new content makes it much more interesting (especially capital ships) and, more importantly, the writing is great.
Dec 25, 2009 5:51 AM

Jan 2009
Defidantly Skies of Arcadia.. I loved that game. ;_;
Dec 25, 2009 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
cabot696 said:
Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing
Such an underrated game, but really, it's perfect in its design.

See what I mean?!

*shivers and gasps O.O*

Isolate.
Take safe distance.
Put on sunglasses.
Some suntan lotion. (Optional)
Nuke from orbit.
:x

As for me, The most underrated game I like eh..
Well..I've always thought the dotHACK series heve been underrated.
I myself really like the whole concept in and around all that is "the world".

- Lith.
Dec 25, 2009 7:34 PM
Jul 2008
Fire emblem radiant dawn great strategy game very epic and difficult to bad nintendo does not show much support for the game.
Dec 25, 2009 8:01 PM

Apr 2008
shadows of memories on the ps2.

One of the best underated games I have ever played again and again cause it has lots of different endings and you dont have to play the game in order, you make many choices that detrmine one of the eight endings.

At the begining you get murdered but somehow you survive and wake up to find yourself in a dark, strange place, where a mysterious voice who turns out to be a homunculus give you a digipad which is like a time machine where u can go back in time and investigate and stop your murder.

I find this game very creepy mainly because you have a time limit to the moment of your death and if you dont change the future you will end up dead, there are several times where you die so that you can go back to reveal the muderer and depeanding on the choices you make they always turn out to be different.

I love this game and still play, it has nice graphics for an old game and recommend it to everyone, if your an FMA fan you will enjoy this because of the alchmey, Philosopher's stone and homunculus in this very dark story.

Dec 25, 2009 10:59 PM

Sep 2009
Mount & Blade (PC)...
Dec 26, 2009 9:18 AM

Aug 2009
Touhou Project. Every single person in the world must know this! And it needs to be promoted as an actual game not a doujin
[right]

Dec 26, 2009 2:21 PM

Apr 2009
porkypink said:
Touhou Project. Every single person in the world must know this! And it needs to be promoted as an actual game not a doujin

Hmm I guess there's some truth in the fact that most people associate it with pretty artwork and anime-esque envoronments, rather than the curtain-shooter it actually is.
On a sidenote the music is astounding as well :3

- Lith.
Dec 26, 2009 5:02 PM
Jan 2009
Lithia said:
Well..I've always thought the dotHACK series heve been underrated.
I myself really like the whole concept in and around all that is "the world".
Basically I would agree, however the overall gamplay is pretty poor. The single player games aren't even close to the technology shown in the anime, and even that multiplayer PS2 game I've heard of is probably just a simple dungeon crawler (otherwise it would have gained more interest outside of Japan). I guess I would never have thought of playing .hack if I hadn't watched .hack//SIGN, because the games could had been so much better. I'm referring to the old ones though - I don't know if .hack//G.U. is any better.
Dec 26, 2009 8:14 PM

Mar 2009
-Klonoa series is a sure one
-Tales of Legendia, I actually like this more than any other Tales game in fact
-Magi Nation GBC, although this is probably more underplayed than underrated
-killer7, I know it has a lot of fans around here, but it's critically underrated
-Pokemon Colosseum and XD
Dec 26, 2009 8:25 PM

Oct 2009
Sin and Punishment for the n64
Dec 27, 2009 9:25 PM

Oct 2009
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

It may have been difficult, but that's part of the reason why it's so awesome.. I think it's underrated because it's not a appreciated as it should be >.>

" ... carpenters fashion wood; wise people fashion themselves" - Buddhism
Dec 27, 2009 9:56 PM

Oct 2009
JessIsEpic said:
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

It may have been difficult, but that's part of the reason why it's so awesome.. I think it's underrated because it's not a appreciated as it should be >.>

I never remebered this game being underrated :O also I love Majora's Mask
Dec 27, 2009 10:00 PM

Oct 2009
JonnyAkster said:
Thread title says it all,

Personally i have always been in love with Dungeon Keeper 1 + 2, no one i know has ever heard of the games yet i think they are the mst interesting games i have ever played, especially since they do something that you just dont see in any other game, i wish they made a new kind of genre for this type of game but alas they threw the project away and DK3 never saw the light of day.

To this very day i havent seen any single game that can be at all like Dungeon Keeper waas and still be a great game, i feel it was a great missed opportunity.

R.I.P Bullfrog - Gaming Company that made great games like dungeon keeper, theme hospital etc., no one made games like they did even if it is an outdated company now that no longer exists :(

I loved the Dungeon keeper series although I could never find it anywhere and could only find them demo, really annoying >< also I noticed Ken_of_Hokuto said Comix Zone ^^ A very good game but a bit difficult, My favourite underated game is Pocky & Rocky. I've never met anyone who's heard of this game before but it's a very competent sidescroller for the SNES with great SNES music. if you have an emulator or w/e download it, it's great.
Dec 28, 2009 12:39 AM
Dec 28, 2009 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
Just remembered a third one, the most enjoyable turn based final fantasy style game ive ever played was Shadow Hearts. But with most of these types of games i got to the end of every one of the games BUT i couldnt beat the final bloody boss, i mean come on i just wanna see the ending not get killed by the same mob for 5 hours and still only getting its health to 50% :)

I also loved its humour, one of the characters in one of the games fights with massive solid objects, Eg. carrying a huge cylindic red postbox and loads of other things i cant remember.

Epic comedy and a great game, sadly not that well heard of :)

Dec 28, 2009 1:35 PM

Nov 2009
Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Zelda II, etc.
Dec 28, 2009 1:57 PM

Dec 2009
Defiantly full auto for xbox great game
Dec 28, 2009 3:02 PM

Aug 2007
Ar Tonelico. I especially loved the "Dive" system which let you see the inner thoughts of the girls. Oh and the music was amazing. Anyone who likes JRPGs should check it out but it's not near close to presentation like FF.
Dec 29, 2009 11:39 AM

Feb 2009
FFVIII
Dec 29, 2009 11:42 AM

Oct 2009
Veethorn said:
FFVIII

I wouldn't say FF8 is underrated ><
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3721 by tinshard »»
1 hour ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

14 by JaniSIr »»
5 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3513 by Tamamolicki »»
Yesterday, 9:51 PM

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

50 by Strahan »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.