Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 19, 2015 8:21 PM
Mar 2015
All I can say is "Lucky Uncle".....looks like he was going for seconds?
Nov 21, 2015 4:41 PM

Feb 2013
The uncle did it!

So, according to this anime, my body is like a prison for my mind.
Nov 28, 2015 1:56 AM

Feb 2014
Ending was nice.

Otherwise, I hope this show won't go all pretentious on me because that is just hateful.
Nov 28, 2015 3:06 AM

Sep 2014
Somehow i find the firsf half of the show quite boring, but they throw these theories which the characters find. Then you got this narrator talking in somewhat chronological order of Shiki's past.

We are moving very slowly..... Which im not sure if im liking.
Dec 22, 2015 6:03 AM

May 2012
Great episode, we got quite some interesting information in this episode, so let's see what's next!
Jan 9, 2016 2:47 AM

May 2013
These are only my thoughts of the show, so it is either magata shiki was killed by her daughter or magata shiki killed her daughter. Its pretty evident. I think from what is seen in her room there has to be a child living with her. I cant just imagine a personality like Magata Shiki to be fond of teddy bears when even when she is thirteen, she thinks like an adult and acts like an adult. Also, If you follow thoroughly her flashbacks, it is evident that something happened to her with her "uncle". She might have gotten pregnant at the time, before she entered the island.

The moment I heard Nao said about the doll thing, and metaphorically comparing it to magata shiki, I come to deduce that she maybe didn't actually kill her parents. Maybe "someone" made her to do it, as opposed to her will, like a doll. My main suspect would be her sister. I think it should be someone in the family or close to the family. it is pretty weird why her sister ended the sole survivor of their family. but of course we need to know that there is more to the story of Magata Shiki.

Now, my question is, how did the killer managed to escape from a completely closed room and even killed someone from the roof with all that perfect security? That, I really have no idea. I'm pretty sure the series' title is the one biggest clue but I cannot unlock it. This is one of the best locked room mysteries I have ever seen.

I'm so hype into knowing how the criminal did it. Looking forward for more. I can't see why lots of people are not feeling the hype, but I tell you, I'm a mystery addict so maybe that is it.
Also, As I have said, there is also a live action for this one, I'll check it out because I cant accept the fact that the characters in the anime looked really dull and boring.

Jun 8, 2016 3:00 PM

Jan 2012
pretty sure she gave birth on that island and planned the escape for her daughter/son while sacrificing herself

the kid can pass through small openings and whatnot

the director is prob the pedo uncle who killed himself after he found out she died due to guilt

at any rate, she's one f'd up chick

would still plow though
flaxman85Jun 8, 2016 3:07 PM
Jun 23, 2016 10:56 AM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Episode was just like a high school philosophy class.....interesting only to those talking. Sorry......too much inner thought always raises flags to me about the stability of someone to function in the world. This series is getting to be like an Ingmar Bergman film.....and those take more effort to watch than I put forth in an anime.
Aug 21, 2016 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting episode.where the
Liked the dialogue on this one, really interesting.
Some pieces of the puzzle are becoming clear but there's still a lot of explaining to do, which is exciting. How Magata's parents died and what's Moe's roll in all this.
So, maybe we're going to get to see the crime of 15 years ago next episode, that should be interesting. Seems like Magata's uncle is being completely manipulated by her at this stage, wonder where that's gonna lead...
Looking forward to the next episode
Mar 19, 2017 11:54 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm, lot of dialogue and discussion this episode. We learn that Magata's personalities are all based on dead people ... well, except maybe Michiru. Then we've got her buying that knife as a present for her uncle ... oh dear D: That's just super creepy >_< It looks like Moe being reminded of how her parents die get her emotions running a little high too, especially at the end. Interesting how you could consider Magata "pure" if she has all those separate personalities ... well anyway, let's see where this goes. Looks like there haven't been any more deaths though ... yet :P
Sep 16, 2017 6:51 PM

Jan 2016
So that explains the origin of the knife.
Sep 29, 2017 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
He smashed! Incest is wincest!
Stop hogging the damn cookies.
Dat knife purchase.
Dat present.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2018 1:09 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode. I read a lot of comments the first few episodes in which people said Moe was annoying and they didn't like her. I think I'm starting to agree. She's kind of distracting and self-important.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 19, 2019 5:47 PM

Feb 2018
"no, we're the ones lacking something."
"huh?"
"because there's something lacking in us, we think about things like 'human nature'. we make rules like 'love' and 'ethics'. we follow them to compensate for something within us that's lacking."

this right here was a whole epistemology class all over again and i certainly DID NOT ask for that, fucking hell..... i can never be free of it, can i???

trippykitty94 said:
Not gonna lie, it took me about four tries before I could actually watch the actual episode because the opening song is SO GOOD.

same dskjd
May 6, 2021 7:58 PM

Nov 2010
They're lucky that the killer doesn't seem to be interested in killing anybody else. I really wonder who that killer is though, I have a feeling its the uncle.

Jul 11, 2021 7:13 PM
Dec 2017
the dialogue in this show is really well done.

Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

278 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

175 by 0arche »»
Jan 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

228 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 25, 2023 10:55 PM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

172 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.