Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There is so much to say about this episode...Z, Team Flare, the motherfucking opening...

The first episode of XY&Z has finally arrived, and boy I loved it so much. The introduction of Team Flare was quite decent, explaining some details of their plans about capturing Zygarde. Looks like they are not aware of Zygarde's full power, since the 10% form was unknown for them. And if I not wrong, there are two Z? One having his 50%, which was shown at the beginning of the episode, and the second is the one that's traveling with the gang?

Btw Bonnie was fucking cute this time, she even managed to get the whole ending for herself xd

Shota makes his return, showing us new badges...new gyms...Pokemon Z confirmed! (?)

Oh and the animation...it felt like I was watching a movie, my God...I enjoyed every second of the fights. The part when Zygarde Core transforms was also amazing. I'm sure the quality won't drop for the upcoming major battles.

Next episode Quilladin makes his debut, with an episode centred in Eevee. I never get tired of watching that cute little bastard.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Oct 30, 2015 9:56 PM

Jul 2007
Need a sub asap!
Oct 31, 2015 8:43 PM

Nov 2009
Yea... here waiting for SUB

But if it's like the usual, it'll take at least 1 week before we get to watch it with SUB, lol.

Pokemon xy ep 93 just came out with SUB... if it's done by same team, it'll take them another week before Pokemon xyz ep 1 is out.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 1, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2009
Do I have to watch the previous 93 eps to understand this one?
Nov 1, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2007
OzzyllaN said:

No, the XY series has had no story, just usual travelling and collecting badges. In the last 2 episodes there was talk by the physic gym leader that a big event was going to happen but thats all (Not sure if thats even the same thing).
Nov 4, 2015 4:00 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, I loved the fight scenes in the opening! Awesome and got me wanting to play Pokemon... as it should :P haha. I hope the great animation from this first episode is upheld throughout this season although it seems unlikely.

The beginning of the episode (after the theme song) was perfect for fall too. Very cute.

Random thought, you'd think they would have a system for reporting rare Pokemon that have been discovered online/through the Pokedex or something in the Pokemon world. I mean, these kids found a rare Pokemon just randomly hiking through the woods and start attempting to raise it, you'd think they would report the finding somewhere and try to confirm if it's a known Pokemon or not first.
Nov 4, 2015 12:11 PM

Nov 2009
Frenz said:
OzzyllaN said:

No, the XY series has had no story, just usual travelling and collecting badges. In the last 2 episodes there was talk by the physic gym leader that a big event was going to happen but thats all (Not sure if thats even the same thing).

Actually there's a story... it's mainly about "Bonds".

Which what Ash-Greninja's new form is based on. (and incidentally is also what Mega Evolution is based on)

And yes, the last 2 episode of what that Gym Leader is talking about is referring to the Zygarde movie and Frogadier's future.

But other than that, you don't really need to watch XY series to watch XYZ, only thing you'll be missing is character introductions, Ash's first 7 Gym Battles and Serena's Performances.

However tho, you should watch the Mega Evolution Specials (ova) up to episode 4.

Because Mega Evolution connects to XYZ and the new movie.

In episode 91 of XY, they referenced Primal Groudon, Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza, which was done in Mega Evolution ep 3.
amlgNov 4, 2015 12:16 PM
Nov 4, 2015 6:06 PM

Feb 2014
OzzyllaN said:
I'd say skip everything except for episodes where ash catches,evolves,battles (against an actual trainer) and fights a gym leader. Everything else is pretty damn skippable, I wouldn't really reccomend it but you're definently able to skip over a good chunk of xy.

As for the episode, pretty decent set up! Can't wait for more on this, seems like we're getting an actual story brewin
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Nov 4, 2015 9:42 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So the Zygarde that's in the XY game is 50% form, the Squishy form is 10% and the dog like form is 25% form?
I saw tons of Squishy forms right before the dog like form. Makes me wonder id those small ones turn into the Zygarde we know.

Nice to see Team Flare make their debut and Shota's return.

Amazing how in 93 episodes Ash won 7 badges. We are pretty much getting to the end of the Kalos journey. So it brings me to this question. Will this show be 50+ episodes? I say by Ep 10 Ash should reach the 8th gym. Assuming the show continues to follow the trend of 10-11 episodes of gym intervals.

Dex said No Data lol
Last time the Pokedex said that was when Ash saw Ho-Oh flying way back in Kanto.

Nov 4, 2015 10:31 PM

Feb 2012
That was a awesome episode of battles ! anyone noticed the names of the flame gang were Aki & bara lol that Ash & alan walk by was epic ! EWWW in the preview Hariman evolves into the uglt fat pokemon lol
Nov 4, 2015 11:45 PM
Jan 2012
Decided to start in on X&Y so that I can hopefully catch up with XY&Z at some point. Am I correct in assuming there's only one active subbing group for XY(&Z), and that I'll just have to force myself to make the transition from English Pokemon names to Japanese?
Nov 5, 2015 7:47 AM
Jul 2013
krisichiki said:

Really curious about Shota's badges though... they look like they could be from a future Z version of the game. So many questions! We can only wait.

That's possible, although there's always been more gyms in the anime than the games. Right back in the first series Shigeru had a load of badges that Satoshi didn't have when they were competing.
Nov 5, 2015 11:19 AM

Nov 2009
SweetKotomi said:
So the Zygarde that's in the XY game is 50% form, the Squishy form is 10% and the dog like form is 25% form?
I saw tons of Squishy forms right before the dog like form. Makes me wonder id those small ones turn into the Zygarde we know.

Nice to see Team Flare make their debut and Shota's return.

Amazing how in 93 episodes Ash won 7 badges. We are pretty much getting to the end of the Kalos journey. So it brings me to this question. Will this show be 50+ episodes? I say by Ep 10 Ash should reach the 8th gym. Assuming the show continues to follow the trend of 10-11 episodes of gym intervals.

Dex said No Data lol
Last time the Pokedex said that was when Ash saw Ho-Oh flying way back in Kanto.

Zygarde 50% is correct, however Squishy is 1%, dog is 10%

Cell is 0% (it have no "brain")

Technically XYZ is just a continuation of XY, so you could say this is ep 94 if you want, but to make it simpler for ppls, they just call it a sequel with a new numbering.

___ ___ ___

Just watched XYZ ep 1.

LOL @ Eureka tickling poor Squishy.

As for Shota's badges, meh, probably the same thing as Gary and how he gotten 10 Badges in Kantos...

In Pokemon World (not Game), there are more than 8 Gyms across the region, you only need 8 of those Gym Badges to enter the Pokemon League.
amlgNov 5, 2015 11:23 AM
Nov 5, 2015 1:36 PM

Jan 2013
Loved this ep. Eurika's naming sence is the same as her brother's, lol. Puni-chan is able to show a surprising amount of emotions, given that it has only one eye and no mouth.
Nov 5, 2015 2:17 PM

Oct 2010
OP is gud shit. Alan vs Ash #soon

Got a feeling that Ash going to lose his first battle vs Wulfric. And jesus the animation of this ep was quite good.
Nov 5, 2015 2:35 PM

Mar 2015
Animation is still on point, if not even more so than usual. The new intro was really punchy, and is getting my hype for the Z-version of the games through the roof. Moreover, I'm getting really excited for the anime in the coming weeks, as I'm looking forward to seeing Frogadier evolving to Greninja, and further down the line seeing the mega evolution or whatever Greninjas transformation is supposed to be.

With one badge to go, the mystery of Zygard, Satoshi facing of against Alan and the satisfying introduction of Team Flare (I have to love a villainous team that doesn't suck), this is shaping up to be a great end of the year for the Pokémon anime. Furthermore, it seems like Shota will catch up with Satoshi sooner rather than later, which is alright, I suppose.

Also, Eureka was too cute in the ending.
LyngstudNov 5, 2015 2:38 PM
Nov 5, 2015 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
ahaha that turn on team flare. dogmode op

op suggesting allen vs ash...

new badges pokemon z when ;_;
Nov 5, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2008
Good first episode. Next week seems to be boring though.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 6, 2015 8:06 AM

May 2007
I keep saying this but I'm glad I picked up Pokémon again since the start of Kalos. Now it's my "can't wait for next ep" show every week. What a ride with XY and this premiere episode was nonstop thrill. There were a lot of movie-quality animation and battles. Looking forward for more.

I dodged those Mega Evolution specials but now that the MC finally appeared in the main series, time to check them out.
Nov 9, 2015 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
It's nice to see Anime in 2015 have standards of something made in 2015 (I haven't watched a lot this year but what I did watch was Bullshit so far) the opening was beautiful and so was the ending themes (I usually skip these).
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Nov 16, 2015 8:15 PM
Nov 2015
Dec 26, 2015 2:29 PM

Dec 2011
Looks like Alan will be a part of the Pokemon League too.
With Ash-Greninja happening, I feel like Ash would not get any Mega Stone/Ring for his potential Mega Evolving Pokemon of his (Charizard, Heracross, Sceptile and Glalie).

Would really like it if Ash gets a Mega Y for Charizard to rival Alan's Charizard X.

And when are we getting Ash's 6th Pokemon???? Really hoping he gets an Honedge that will eventually evolve into Aegislash.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2013
I loved it! so amazing! this looks to be the best season since the original (which is really the only other one I've seen besides XY lol).

But great story, Z is short for Zygarde? they never said that in the dub, I don't think.

So the green flames from Z were what the psychic gym leader saw in her version, so Z could potentially destroy Kalos!

Looks like Z, it's components apart have quite a lot of power like to turn in to whatever it wants sort of and see through it's cells eyes etc. I hope they don't catch it, seems very powerful. I didn't expect it after the end of the Mega Evolution specials to turn up straight away in the series though. Explains the shadow coming from it at the end of the specials though. So there is 2 main parts to it, one big and the small core.

Bonnie calls it Squishie lol! yeah, as Clemont said and she says he comes up with obvious names lol. She should have called it Tad like tadpole lol.

So Lysandre is evil in Team Flare and trying to recapture it with his lady goons who all have lipstick and ties that match their hair and visors to see Z.

I forgot there were more than 8 gyms in each region lol. It was nice to see Sawyer again and see how far he'd come.

Alain at the end as well walking past Ash, Serena, Bonnie and Clemont! D: I can't wait for him to join them! <3

Team Rocket were trying not to be found out by Team Flare whilst listening to their plans, funny.

The animation was spectacular, it's never looked better! the fights and everything were amazing!

I can't wait to see more of this series!

I like the new dub theme song and animation too, very good!
stephtastropheApr 18, 2016 2:08 PM
Apr 24, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
Nice start. I am quite hooked on Alan, Team Flare and the stories around Zygarde.
This looks really promising indeed.
Jun 11, 2016 1:46 AM

Nov 2014
I NEED A FULL VERSION OF THAT OPENING.
I'm so glad to stop listening to "Be a Hero" and this opening is perfect except that it's too short.

EDIT: Omg I just listened to the Japanese opening and that was amazing!! And I thought the English one was great! I wish the English ones were longer...But omg that part where Ash was crying and then Greninja walked away and he grabbed for it and it turned into water OMGGGGZZZZ

The episode got really good when Team Flare showed up!

I seriously hope Bonnie gets to keep Squishy forever like with Dedenne. I was really sad when she couldn't keep Flabebe or Tyrantrum. They both would have been perfect for her. Flabebe even has the same hair style as her...and if she had Tyrantrum I'd just love to see that little girl riding a giant freaking dinosaur. But if she gets to keep Zygarde Core I would be so happy. However there's probably going to be a tear jerking farewell eventually because she's not old enough to be a trainer, let alone train a legendary. Erg.

Bonnie playing in the leaves and when Squishy jumped into her shirt and she was tickling it was so cute and sweet and adorable and AHHH I love Bonnie so much.

I saved 3 pictures of Squishy hitting Serena in the face and named them Serena BONK (1-3)

OH and that part where they passed right by Alain was epic o,o
BlackFox24Jun 13, 2016 11:04 PM
Jun 19, 2016 2:18 AM

Nov 2008
this was such a good ep!
Oct 16, 2016 8:40 PM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! Best Rica Pocket Monster opening song ever! IKU Z! IKOU Z!

DAT CARREA ASS!

Squishy made you think Eureka grew some oppai. lol

Battles were on point this episode. We got a few Jewmanbolto's this episode.

Oh snap! Satoshi(Bakura) and Alan(Yuya) cross each other. I kind of wish Satoshi was near Alan's age to take this more seriously.

lol at the ED song with Eureka and Squishy.

Coming off of Mega Evolution and straight to the main series in this 1 hour special, you can see the difference between the two even though XY&Z tries to be consistent with it, at least for this episode. lol Other than that, it's a great continuation from ep 93 of XY.
RobOct 16, 2016 9:33 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 1, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2013
Amazing 1st episode, theme song, and animation, and story. I loved XY but XYZ looks like it's not messing around, AT ALL. The introduction of Team Flare, the cool and badass Z Pokemon oh man! Nice seeing Shota also - he's gotten way stronger. I love that Eureka has "Squishy" lol. Great episode, badass as hell. I miss XY but XYZ is badass so far and IMO will only get better. IKU Z!

Mar 23, 2020 12:56 PM

Dec 2008
Wow. Great start! XYZ establishing itself as different from the previous and more action packed. Hello, Team Flare. Shota is back with his pokemon now evolved. And they didn't forget Team Rocket either, I'm happy.

Love the new op. Matsumoto Rica vocal, and pretty cool sounding. New end? Um, okay. I notice it's sung by original Eureka (Ise Mariya) who should be returning in a few episodes. Is the Pikachu segment replacing the Ookido-hakase segment for now? I'm okay with this too.

Satoshi/Ash recalled the name of the pokemon he knew right away for people complaining he doesn't recall things because he uses his pokedex.
Feb 17, 2023 2:51 AM
Jul 2022
best action of pokemon ever. with best shots
Nov 23, 2023 12:20 AM

Feb 2020
E vamos de início de "equis, uai e zetto"
Mar 6, 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
Really strong start and an awesome new OP.
Animation looked fantastic on par with the start of XY imo.

A lot more serious too with a lot more action.
Bonnie was so cute at the start with Squishy!
Excited for this series, Z seems like an interesting Pokemon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.