Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 21, 2015 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
Oct 21, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
Spoilers are all over the internet so I'm used to being spoiled.
Oct 21, 2015 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
It is simple, if i have atleast saw an episode of the show, then spoilers would annoy me greatly because then i am familiar with the characters and might know their names.

If i never saw it then i don't care at all, chances are i'll forget it by the time i go to sleep.
Oct 21, 2015 5:08 PM
Feb 2013
There is huge enjoyment in watching the big reveals, and twists of the show. They are usually my favorite parts of the show and the most memorable. Spoilers take that experience away.

That said, I used to be a spoilers are bad no matter what kind of person, but now I realize there are actually cases where spoilers can be good.

I actually don't mind spoilers of things that will disappoint me. Like in Lie in April

Also, some shows actually give you spoilers/foreshadowing right at the beginning like in Akatsuki no Yona. They show you right in the beginning where Yona ends up (a badass with several powerful comrades at her side fighting the empire). This kind of spoiler-type design is actually good because it gives you something to look forward to in the show. You end up watching the show with anticipation instead of boredom.
Oct 21, 2015 5:14 PM

Aug 2014
Yes, spoilers ruin my life thirty-five times over.

Imagine how many times my life has been ruined since when I started. :(
Oct 21, 2015 5:15 PM

Jun 2014
Nope, not at all. Be it a manga, anime or a movie. I don't really care if I know what happens beforehand, it is still enjoyable for me. A lot of people complain about spoilers, but for me they were always a good thing.
Oct 21, 2015 5:26 PM

Oct 2015
For me it really depends, if it was a minor spoiler depending on what that person spoiled, I might or not mind. But they spoiled something big that was going to happen, no matter what they spoiled it about if it was going to be major, I would be upset.
Oct 21, 2015 5:53 PM

Feb 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
Yes, yes it does. Not completely, of course, but it takes away quite a bit of enjoyment.
Oct 21, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2015
Totally ruins it. If I wanted to go back and see how and if the spoiler was foreshadowed I would just rewatch it. But I could never get the experience of watching a show for the first time again:(
Oct 21, 2015 6:01 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
mayukachan said:
TheHalfOtaku19 said:
I got clannad afterstory spoiled, probably never gonna watch it now
never watch it

its not worth it to go throught the first season for this.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 21, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2015
Ruin is a bit too much imo, but my overall enjoyment may go down.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Oct 21, 2015 6:30 PM

Dec 2014
I said this in another thread, but...

Spoilers can't stop me.
Nothing can stop me.
Oct 21, 2015 7:30 PM

Aug 2008
Yes, it ruin for me. I got spoil on Oregairu Zoku.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 21, 2015 9:28 PM

Apr 2012
the magnitude depends on the nature of the story, of course, but it definitely ruins some enjoyment.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

็—›ๅฐฑๆ˜ฏ็ˆฑ
Oct 21, 2015 10:39 PM

Feb 2010
no everytime i run into a guy who says its been spoiled now i can never watch it i just want to face palm does no one rewatch series here?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 21, 2015 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
Of course.
Oct 21, 2015 10:42 PM
Jul 2013
not for me

depends on the spoiler tho coz some spoiler are fake as fuck so all spoiler just makes me wanna watch it more
Oct 21, 2015 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
It depends, if I'm into it then I wouldn't want to spoil myself but usually I do spoil myself :D
Oct 21, 2015 11:10 PM

Jul 2015
It kind of differs your reaction.. but it won't really ruin the show. If that spoiler is actually a twist then it should give you an experience that you were supposed to have felt once it shows up.

Sometimes spoilers leave you with your imagination. It makes you want to see it more. Once you've seen that part you could also be "Oh, so that's how it went"

Oct 21, 2015 11:47 PM

Mar 2015
the journey is more important than the destination for me. so NOPE.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 22, 2015 4:26 AM

Nov 2009
Raz1515 said:
Not for me. Doesn't ruin or lessen the experience in any way
Oct 22, 2015 4:31 AM

Apr 2014
Yes, I want the full viewing experience. The littlest of details will literally ruin it for me.
Oct 22, 2015 4:32 AM

Nov 2009
hazerddex said:
no everytime i run into a guy who says its been spoiled now i can never watch it i just want to face palm does no one rewatch series here?

So true.
For example, I've read Rokka no Yuusha before, but I still watched the anime adaptation and enjoyed it a lot. Even through it was a mystery anime. The worst part was forum discussions, had to mislead everybody a lot.
Oct 22, 2015 4:47 AM
Mar 2014
Illyricus said:
Sometimes, yes, specially if I was spoiled of a show that I really want to watch. I remember how someone spoiled me the 17th episode of Akame ga Kill. Really ruined the impact of certain scene.

this, except it always ruins my experience
just not as much in some cases as it does in others

oh what i'd do to read fsn unspoiled
omfgplzstopOct 22, 2015 5:17 AM
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 22, 2015 5:02 AM

Aug 2015
Spoilers really doesn't bother me unless it says X killed Y.
Oct 22, 2015 5:07 AM

Sep 2011
I love spoilers~ I don't usually seek them out, but if I do ask or want a specific spoiler, I like knowing.

For drama-filled shows especially, a positive spoiler would help me get through the series (I do look spoilers up often for typical American TV shows)

Sometimes I'll even watch a show I wouldn't before because the spoiler made me really interested.

โ˜… Scavenger Hunts โ˜…
โ˜… Hi-Score Challenge โ˜…
โ˜… Represent AWC Club โ˜…
โ˜… Anime Watching Challenges Club โ˜…
Oct 22, 2015 5:23 AM

Jun 2015
minor spoilers nope
big spoilers yes
Oct 22, 2015 5:26 AM

Jul 2015
I spoiled myself Code Geass, Steins;gate and Madoka Magica but they're still great anime to me though I do avoid spoilers nowadays to get maximum impact.
Oct 22, 2015 5:29 AM
Mar 2014
flannan said:
hazerddex said:

So true.
For example, I've read Rokka no Yuusha before, but I still watched the anime adaptation and enjoyed it a lot. Even through it was a mystery anime. The worst part was forum discussions, had to mislead everybody a lot.

I love rewatching and watching stuff I've already read the source for, but I still can't stand spoilers. I want to enjoy the show the way it was intended and receive the full impact from the events and THEN rewatch it to enjoy things like foreshadowing.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 22, 2015 5:33 AM

Aug 2013
The only time i will really be annoyed with spoilers is if they involve character death. Except for that spoilers don't really bother me
Oct 22, 2015 5:41 AM

Apr 2011
Used to go out and search for them. Not as much anymore, though I still don't really care much about being spoiled. Sure, it takes out some enjoyment out of it... sometimes all of it, if it had happened with Madoka... but it can still be enjoyed, no matter.

moodie said:
Mod Note: Please do not post actual spoilers in this thread!

Vader is Luke's father..... Don't kill me, please
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

42 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
41 seconds ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

19 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
43 seconds ago

» Visual Novels โ€” General Thread

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

21 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
10 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 17 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

» What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

funtime43_tr - 46 minutes ago

7 by logopolis »»
13 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.