Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2015 8:27 AM

Mar 2014
Sooo after taking the time to read through the forums here regarding AA I can't help but find myself frustrated by the vast majority of what people are saying about Hidan No Aria AA so this is kind of a question/rant on my part.

Basicly my question is....why can't most of you just accept this anime for what it is instead of what you think it should be or want it to be??

No its not a sequel to the orginal anime and it was never ment to be a sequel but just another story within the same universe...is that reallly so hard to accept??

I personally think that if people would stop comparing this to the orginal anime so much they would be able to appreciate and enjoy this anime so much more for everything it has to offer rather than what they think it should be and that's a season 2 of the orginal.

Yes I do agree a season 2 to the orginal would be great but I still feel like this spin off offers a lot we never be able to get from the orginal anime.

I just think its a real shame cause I personally love the Hidan No Aria series meaning all forms like the light novels, manga, both AA and the orginal HNA as well as both the japanese and english dub both with all my heart and I just think it totally sucks that people are talking down on this particular side story so much and 90 percent of the reason they talk down on is only being becuase its not a season 2 of the orginal Hidan No Aria and there percious Kenji who is apparently supose to be this god level of an anime character who no one can live without unless he is playing a main role in the show which I think is simply ridiculous.....

I mean yeah he is a cool and likeable character but there's so much more to the Aria series than him but most people here seem to like to paint this picture that he was everything to the series and without him the anime offers noting which I just don't understand....

Anyways as I said this is abit of rant cause I can already tell this anime is going to be dismissed by most anime fans that watch it not becuase the anime itself is bad but only becuase its not a season 2 of a diffrent anime and the fact that Kinji is not actively in it.

My advice for anyone who is a fan of the orginal and wants to be able to enjoy the the AA version just forget about everything you remeber from the orginal and try to find the value in the great story thats being told here.

And if you need somone to point out the value of this spin off I would be happy to give my views on it.
Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 14, 2015 8:59 AM

Aug 2015
I liked Hidan no Aria, it wasn't a superb series but still quite enjoyable. I know exactly how you feel regarding the criticism towards AA just because its not a direct sequel. At least I personally will watch AA at some point.
Oct 14, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
Puchkov said:
I liked Hidan no Aria, it wasn't a superb series but still quite enjoyable. I know exactly how you feel regarding the criticism towards AA just because its not a direct sequel. At least I personally will watch AA at some point.

Well honestly I'm glad someone understands and also my suggestion to you is make sure when you watch AA to not judge it for anything other than what its presenting to you and not what was in the orginal Hidan No Aria.

I can almost promise you will at least enjoy it more that way then if you were to compare the two.

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

Oct 14, 2015 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
I enjoyed Episode 1, havent seen episode 2 yet.
I just dont want to see Aria inlove with a girl. Aria X Kinji 4Life

Il see this show as a fun side thing but i wont support any Aria X Akari shipping. Shes just an obsessed fan girl thing.
Oct 14, 2015 1:16 PM
Sep 2013
I understand your frustration. This story is good and the setting is absolutely the same. However there's something to take into account. I'll illustrate it.

I like apples. My favorite is a granny smith apple. I go to the supermarket to buy apples. When I get to the grocery section I see my favorite green apples. I pick it up, but right before I put it in the cart, I see some red on it. Turns out, its no granny smith, its a McIntosh. I yell out, "WTF is this?! I don't want a McIntosh!" I then put it back and head to look for granny smiths. Then a stranger approaches me and says "Whats wrong with McIntosh apples? Why can't you accept them for what they are?" At this point I'm thinking, "What the...I don't even...."

Do you see my point? While this is a crude analogy, it compares these two very similar series to apples. The McIntosh(Aria AA) may be a good apple. Personally, i have nothing against it. However I was looking for a granny smith(Aria). Now while I simply place the apple back on the shelf for another patron, I do agree with you that its wrong to throw the perfectly good apple on the ground and stomp on it like most of the Aria AA haters blowing up the forums.

I could write another page about the importance of Genres and what people should understand before raging about something that didn't fall in line with their interests, but I'll just end this rant with soul searching quote.

“As if on a conveyer belt, there will be a never ending supply of idiots and jerks that come and go in your life. Whether you stop the belt to dance with any one of them is up to you.”
― Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
Oct 14, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2015
Rinroken said:
I like apples. My favorite is a granny smith apple. I go to the supermarket to buy apples. When I get to the grocery section I see my favorite green apples. I pick it up, but right before I put it in the cart, I see some red on it. Turns out, its no granny smith, its a McIntosh. I yell out, "WTF is this?! I don't want a McIntosh!" I then put it back and head to look for granny smiths. Then a stranger approaches me and says "Whats wrong with McIntosh apples? Why can't you accept them for what they are?" At this point I'm thinking, "What the...I don't even...."

This cracked a smile on me... you sir know how to write.
Oct 14, 2015 2:00 PM

Mar 2014
Rinroken said:
I understand your frustration. This story is good and the setting is absolutely the same. However there's something to take into account. I'll illustrate it.

Do you see my point? While this is a crude analogy, it compares these two very similar series to apples. The McIntosh(Aria AA) may be a good apple. Personally, i have nothing against it. However I was looking for a granny smith(Aria). Now while I simply place the apple back on the shelf for another patron, I do agree with you that its wrong to throw the perfectly good apple on the ground and stomp on it like most of the Aria AA haters blowing up the forums.

I could write another page about the importance of Genres and what people should understand before raging about something that didn't fall in line with their interests, but I'll just end this rant with soul searching quote.

“As if on a conveyer belt, there will be a never ending supply of idiots and jerks that come and go in your life. Whether you stop the belt to dance with any one of them is up to you.”
― Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing

LMAO, you actually made me laugh XDDD very nicely worded I must admit XD

Oct 14, 2015 2:07 PM

Mar 2014
evildeadfan102 said:
I enjoyed Episode 1, havent seen episode 2 yet.
I just dont want to see Aria inlove with a girl. Aria X Kinji 4Life

Il see this show as a fun side thing but i wont support any Aria X Akari shipping. Shes just an obsessed fan girl thing.

Personally I prefer Kenji with Rikko so I guess that makes us rival *gives you scary look* jk jk XDD

Well no worrys Akira x Aria won't happen....and tbh I think after the second episode there an even better girl thats more suited for Akira anyways IMO *wink wink* XDDD

Oct 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Aria was special because Aria x Kinji interactions.

They pretty much changed the chocolate icings of my favorite cake. And they thought I'll buy the cake if they decided to change the icings to strawberry just because I'm a regular customer in their bakery?!
#CHEXIT
Oct 14, 2015 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
Rinroken said:

Yeah. If that were mostly the case. Except the point is kinda moot when the story ends up being that the guy leaves the McIntosh in the cart. B*tches about it being in the cart, about the fact that such an apple even exists, ranting about how Granny Smiths are superior in front of those who like McIntosh (and maybe do not like Granny Smiths).
At some point. You're gonna have to say - "Please kindly f*ck off."
Oct 14, 2015 2:35 PM
Mar 2012
I just think that most people think this is a continuation. They just need to realize that this is a spin-off. In AA, it's as if everything in the original didn't happen. I mean, I would love for them to continue the story from the original, but they probably won't do it.
Oct 14, 2015 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
Ganzfeld said:
I just think that most people think this is a continuation. They just need to realize that this is a spin-off. In AA, it's as if everything in the original didn't happen. I mean, I would love for them to continue the story from the original, but they probably won't do it.

It could be a financial benchmark.

If this series does better than the original then more yuri shows will get made.
Oct 16, 2015 11:56 PM

Apr 2014
Maybe AA just isn't very good at doing what it's trying to do and being what it's trying to be. Just maybe.
Oct 17, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2014
It is just the haters/complainers from MAL got time to post.
And the people who likes it was either doesn't want to post or don't have MAL account.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 17, 2015 9:39 AM

Aug 2014
The problem isn't because is a different protagonist. It is because isn't a good protagonist for me and a didn't like the others characters too. I expected something in the same level of Hidan no Aria and for me it wasn't.
PromesteinsOct 17, 2015 11:18 AM
Oct 17, 2015 10:50 AM

Mar 2015
The main problem to me is at first I thought that this is an Aria spin-off, that we'd get more from what or who is Aria.

But noooo lets explore the girl called Akira, who was never relevant at all, as our main character, who have lots of stories to offer. But wait let's put a cameo of Aria and Aria's name in the title, that'd surely hook up some Aria fans to invest on this Akira girl. Oh and let's put up Kinji, Reki, and the yandere girl just because we can.

See what I'm trying to say? I know it's a spinoff, but it mainly revolves around Akira, and not Aria. They should've just say this Hidan no Akira, because Aria is just the girl who comes and saves everyone in this story, while Akira become so important. Then the story slaps us with the characters from the original series, because hook that's why.

The next thing I know, because of this series, the second season will never happen because of the bad performance the spin-off gave. (you can't really say this series have a good impression, when the ratings fall everyday. Now it's on 6.86)

Oct 17, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
The next thing I know, because of this series, the second season will never happen because of the bad performance the spin-off gave. (you can't really say this series have a good impression, when the ratings fall everyday. Now it's on 6.86)[/quote]

I personally feel the only reason the ratings are going down has to do with how the majority of people are dealing with this anime as I mentioned in my first post.

Not becuase the show is bad but becuase people want it to be more like the orginal which it is not.

And truth be told I'm always hearing the reason the orginal Aria never got a sequel was due to it not selling enough in japan and I honestly belive in them releasing this spin off they were trying to see if maybe just maybe they there was a chance this series could still be a success but not just AA but the Hidan No Aria francise as a whole since it was all created by the same person.

But since most people watching this anime are not bothering to try and enjoy and appreciate it for what it is and appreciate the fact that we are geting ANY type of new Hidan No Aria type anime series after its been like 4 or 5 years since the orginal there just bitching about this not being a season 2 of the orginal and I personally think its that very view point thats killing this series and its also going to make sure that we never get anything else from this anime series and that includes a season 2 of the orginal.

A second season as far as I'm concerned had no chance of happening before AA came out but now that the orginal and this one is not doing well due ppl not even giving it a chance all there doing is making sure we never get anything new of Aria anime wise so really we all lose in the end.

I just honestly hope in the coming episodes people will soon see just how great this anime truely is and I will do my best to do my part in promoting it as best as I can cuase I love everything about the Hidan No Aria series.

I also want to say that if all you people who are bitching about the orginal anime not geting a sequel the very best thing you can do right now aside from buying Hidan No Aria DVD and Bluray is to give this spin off your full support or at least try to embrace it as best as you can and if they see people still like tis series they will give us more but people keep shiting on it then it just makes sure that we will never get anything else Hidan No Aria related.
CodeNameKittyOct 17, 2015 12:11 PM

Oct 18, 2015 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
More Kinji cameo and the anime will be saved.
#CHEXIT
Oct 18, 2015 1:29 PM

Jul 2013
I haven't even watched the original series to compare AA to it but I still think that this show is pretty crap so far. If the original show is about Aria's life as an OP butei then it's definitely better than what I saw in the first episode of AA.

Also this is pretty similar to what happened with Nagato Yuki-chan to Shoushitsu. It's a spin-off focusing on another character but was a disappointment compared to the movie and series since it did none of the things that made the original series good and even when it tried to be intriguing it just lasted for a couple episode before it returned to the status quo with some pretty insignificant change.

In any case this doesn't have to with just being a subpar spin-off since an equally subpar sequel would have caused a similar reaction.
Oct 18, 2015 3:31 PM

Jun 2015
If this become's dark as they predict then 10/10 accepted
CLICK ME!
Oct 19, 2015 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
Namaywa said:

If it does i'll totally watch it but im not getting my hopes up.

Kruzy said:
I haven't even watched the original series to compare AA to it but I still think that this show is pretty crap so far. If the original show is about Aria's life as an OP butei then it's definitely better than what I saw in the first episode of AA.

Also this is pretty similar to what happened with Nagato Yuki-chan to Shoushitsu. It's a spin-off focusing on another character but was a disappointment compared to the movie and series since it did none of the things that made the original series good and even when it tried to be intriguing it just lasted for a couple episode before it returned to the status quo with some pretty insignificant change.

In any case this doesn't have to with just being a subpar spin-off since an equally subpar sequel would have caused a similar reaction.

I was thinking of Soul Eater Not, seems to be the same problem ( i passed on soul eater not)
Oct 20, 2015 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
Namaywa said:

I reviewed Hidan no Aria the "sequel" and I never saw Akari. If your prediction is correct, I do think the ending will both dark and tragic. Makes sense.......
#CHEXIT
Oct 21, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2012
All this conversations just distances my chances to watch the whole Index franchise, to be honest.

Let's say I feel it's too disconnected for what I had hoped to watch, but I'm certainly not in the mood to pass on this.

Everyone complains about everything, I don't think you need to concern yourself with the opinion of fellow viewers, OP.

Or are you the type that needs validation for his fangirl franchise?
Oct 21, 2015 11:13 PM
Sep 2014
Ganzfeld said:

Wrong. There are two kinds of spin-offs: the first tosses everything, or almost everything from the original out the window. The second is set within the same universe, but focuses on a different character. This is the second type; it happens alongside the original series, focusing on someone else in the same universe.

Episodes 1 and 2 probably happened before Aria met Kinji for the first time. Their meeting happened some time between episodes 2 and 3 of this series, which is why she's started hounding Kinji by the midpoint of episode 3.
Oct 27, 2015 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Mami-Sexual said:
Sooo after taking the time to read through the forums here regarding AA I can't help but find myself frustrated by the vast majority of what people are saying about Hidan No Aria AA so this is kind of a question/rant on my part.

If you like this show it's because you have a yuri fetish. That's not a bad thing but you really should at least admit it to yourself since there isn't really much that's good about the show.

Akari's a terrrible protagonist. I mean regardless of gender. Male or female she'd be disliked equally. She doesn't do anything to move the plot along hasn't improved as a character and you can basically guess how she's going to act in every scene.

The side characters are mostly worse than Akari. The ojousama yandere's personality makes no sense and her plot relevance is paper thin. The two blondes are kind of interesting, but not even because of their character but because of their romantic interaction with each other (and that's coming from someone who doesn't like yuri.) If the romance is your one attractive trait as a character I think that doesn't bode well.

I mean. Kinji has so far been one of the best characters, and he's not even all that special of a male protagonist. His life doesn't revolve around Aria or romance. His struggles are weird and he always develops as a character in his story, actually being an active party in the lives of his friends. Akari should at least do that much.

It's like they took a horrible harem cliche and made the protagonist a girl instead of a guy.
Oct 27, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
rsslayersr said:
All this conversations just distances my chances to watch the whole Index franchise, to be honest.

Funny... all I was hoping was more Touma and tsundere.....
#CHEXIT
Oct 27, 2015 4:00 PM

Mar 2014
TitanAnteus said:
Mami-Sexual said:

If you like this show it's because you have a yuri fetish. That's not a bad thing but you really should at least admit it to yourself since there isn't really much that's good about the show.

Akari's a terrrible protagonist. I mean regardless of gender. Male or female she'd be disliked equally. She doesn't do anything to move the plot along hasn't improved as a character and you can basically guess how she's going to act in every scene.

The side characters are mostly worse than Akari. The ojousama yandere's personality makes no sense and her plot relevance is paper thin. The two blondes are kind of interesting, but not even because of their character but because of their romantic interaction with each other (and that's coming from someone who doesn't like yuri.) If the romance is your one attractive trait as a character I think that doesn't bode well.

I mean. Kinji has so far been one of the best characters, and he's not even all that special of a male protagonist. His life doesn't revolve around Aria or romance. His struggles are weird and he always develops as a character in his story, actually being an active party in the lives of his friends. Akari should at least do that much.

It's like they took a horrible harem cliche and made the protagonist a girl instead of a guy.

Erm...would you mind going into detail about how Kenji had any devolpement?? Cause we are just talking about the orginal Hidan No Aria anime and not the light novels Kinji has had no real devopement to speak of.

And honestly I can't really defend Akari at this point in the anime I must admit...not becuase she is a bad charcther but becuase of the way she is currently being protrayed in the anime version of Hidan No Aria AA

Honestly I came into this anime already having read the manga about a year ago and I can honestly say to you that the Akari in that version is protrayed as being a more progressive stronger charcther than she is the anime so far.

I will admit that my feelings of love I have for the anime that about 90 percent of it comes from having read the manga and the manga did a much better job with fleshing out the story and adding detail to every event and charcther much better than the anime is doing so I supose thats part of the reason my perspective on the anime is diffrent than most others that watch it.

I still don't find the anime to be horrible and actually still love it despite its flaws.

One good thing about it I will mention is the fact that the orginal Hidan No Aria did not utilize Aria as being anything more than a tsundera whos only real role when you think about it was to basicly make Kinji go into Hysteria mode and basicly have those gushy gushy moments with him unlike the way she is used in AA where she is actually protrayed as being a S rank buitei bad ass for a change and not just in name only like in the orginal.

Like she is totally has a diffrent Air about her in AA than she did in the orginal.

Actually when you think about it most of the girls in the orginal Hidan No Aria were only really there for the sake of helping Kenji to go into Hysteria mode and be apart of his Harem for the most part unlike AA where it actually has girls taking on leading roles that don't revole around some guy.

Not saying that was the only role the girls played in the orginal but clearly Kenji was the main focus of the orginal Hidan No Aria and most of what the girls did execpt for Reki was always connected to him.

Though AA takes a completely diffrent spin on things were girls are actually useful by themsleves without a need for a guy to be around.

I also think AA goes into more detail about the world of the buitei more so than in the orginal which only really scartched the surface of everything related to being a butei.

I can't really say the yuri or love aspect has anything to do with my love for the anime but it is a bonus at times.

Also want to add that AA is not over yet so don't complete judge the anime till it does infact end since I still belive Akari will be protrayed as a better charcther by the end.
CodeNameKittyOct 27, 2015 4:16 PM

Oct 27, 2015 9:33 PM

Apr 2015
Mami-Sexual said:

Erm...would you mind going into detail about how Kenji had any devolpement?? Cause we are just talking about the orginal Hidan No Aria anime and not the light novels Kinji has had no real devopement to speak of.

There is no need to be specific to describe why Kinji is superior to Akira....uhm.. Akari.... Just reading the comparison of the critics is enough for you why Kinji is special and the Hidan no Aria is special. I based my liking of Kinji and Aria in the anime. I don't give a fuck about the light novel or manga.
#CHEXIT
Oct 27, 2015 11:19 PM
Oct 2015
I have several strong reasons as to why I do not accept HnA:AA with some stuff I'd like to point out, that I can believe are reasons why others dislike it as well. Before I start I will say that I am a fan of the series. The original anime was based on the light novel series, and while it didn't come near as good as the novels it was decently enjoyable. I have read every released volume of the light novels and even own cosplay of the uniform and airsoft replica's of Aria's m1911s and soon to have Reki's SVD.

As I had mentioned, the original anime was adapted from the light novels albeit with some differences in content here and there. The anime had covered half of the first light novel volume leaving viewers wanting to see more. AA on the other hand is adapted from an unrelated, other than name, manga series made by Square Enix. The manga had retconned almost the entirety of the novels' content in its story. The anime adaptation of AA is no different. If you count both as separate entities then they are both good in their own rights.

Now with the initial differences between the series covered, the anime has many problems. Someone above stated that this was the kind of spin-off that happened along side the original, such as Railgun to Index. However, there are a few key plot points which invalidate this. The first is timeline. At the time of which AA occurs in the original works, Aria had barely transferred in and had a very poor reputation, not that of an idol. Shortly after Aria arrived Kinji had met her when he was the victim of a terrorist attack on the school. These events and the incidents later would be keeping them more than tied up. Further more Riko Mine by this time was a fugitive who had vanished after a failed attempt at killing Aria and Kinji, therefore if AA were at the same time, Riko wouldn't even be in it. Additionally, During the initial terrorist attacks that Aria had met Kinji in, Aria was injured and gained a scar on her forehead, something of which is nonexistent in AA for being a spin-off that occurs at the same time. Eventually Riko returned to the school in the original series under probation. Which could lead some to say that AA happens after such time, but there is a fatal flaw in that. In the novels, not the anime, Aria left Japan for multiple years. Meanwhile Kinji, Reki, Jeanne and Shiraiyuki continued the fight with the IU. Simply put, there is no possible way for AA to occur simultaneously with the original as none of the characters would be there at the time. Another point is that the Amica system wasn't part of the original novels and was introduced in the manga of AA. It is for these reasons that I will not accept AA as part of HnA, however I will acknowledge it as a standalone.

Now as a standalone, I think that AA had potential as an adaptation. Sadly I was wrong about it being decent of an adaptation of the manga. The anime is grossly filled with overdoing the yandere archetype in the characters. Akari is yandere for Aria, Shino is yandere for Akari, Shiraiyuki is even more yandere for Kinji than she was originally, obsession triangle between Raika, Riko and Kirin; even more people grossly in love with Aria in latest episode. It just way over does it with the girl on girl obsession. Also Akari in the anime is portrayed as being a pathetic weakling, whereas in the manga she had decent resolve and wasn't near as dimwitted. Another problem is how slow it is moving. Sure the original was quite slow, even took a full 12 episodes for what was half a novel; but, AA's anime opened by foreshadowing what would be some nice darker events to see. Five episodes in, almost half way through and we have seen what is arguably filler, not even close to revealing the darker plot points. At this rate all the actual story will end up in the last 3-4 episodes and leave on a cliff hanger.

Due to all the retconning of the original works and the problems with what has aired so far, I unfortunately can not accept AA as part of the franchise, or as a standalone worth continuing to watch. Never the less I will finish it up to episode 12 to see if Reki and Jeanne make any sort of appearances more than 5 seconds of screen time.
ArisaMiyakoOct 27, 2015 11:25 PM
Oct 27, 2015 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
Mami-Sexual said:
TitanAnteus said:

And honestly I can't really defend Akari at this point in the anime I must admit...not becuase she is a bad charcther but becuase of the way she is currently being protrayed in the anime version of Hidan No Aria AA

Honestly I came into this anime already having read the manga about a year ago and I can honestly say to you that the Akari in that version is protrayed as being a more progressive stronger charcther than she is the anime so far.

I will admit that my feelings of love I have for the anime that about 90 percent of it comes from having read the manga and the manga did a much better job with fleshing out the story and adding detail to every event and charcther much better than the anime is doing so I supose thats part of the reason my perspective on the anime is diffrent than most others that watch it.

I still don't find the anime to be horrible and actually still love it despite its flaws.

One good thing about it I will mention is the fact that the orginal Hidan No Aria did not utilize Aria as being anything more than a tsundera whos only real role when you think about it was to basicly make Kinji go into Hysteria mode and basicly have those gushy gushy moments with him unlike the way she is used in AA where she is actually protrayed as being a S rank buitei bad ass for a change and not just in name only like in the orginal.

Like she is totally has a diffrent Air about her in AA than she did in the orginal.

Actually when you think about it most of the girls in the orginal Hidan No Aria were only really there for the sake of helping Kenji to go into Hysteria mode and be apart of his Harem for the most part unlike AA where it actually has girls taking on leading roles that don't revole around some guy.

Not saying that was the only role the girls played in the orginal but clearly Kenji was the main focus of the orginal Hidan No Aria and most of what the girls did execpt for Reki was always connected to him.

Though AA takes a completely diffrent spin on things were girls are actually useful by themsleves without a need for a guy to be around.

I also think AA goes into more detail about the world of the buitei more so than in the orginal which only really scartched the surface of everything related to being a butei.

I can't really say the yuri or love aspect has anything to do with my love for the anime but it is a bonus at times.

Also want to add that AA is not over yet so don't complete judge the anime till it does infact end since I still belive Akari will be protrayed as a better charcther by the end.

Ok so I'm going to go at this backwards.
When you talked about scratching the surface of "Butei." You say that like it's a positive thing. There's a good reason why the original Aria just glossed over so many of the details of "Butei." Out loud a lot of it sounds dumb like the bulletproof clothing and knifeproof ties. A lot of the other stuff Butei related you can tell is tacked on to add conflict for Akari's sake. For instance, that entrance exam or whatever and the whole Amica system.

Look, I don't know if you watched the original Aria but the girls were plenty useful in combat. More useful than Kinji over 90% of the time. Hysteria mode Kinji was just a cruch. A really funny cruch that does insanely stupid shit while trying to look cool guaranteeing a laugh. I wont deny that in AA Aria's character seems more respectable because she's the confident senpai type character more often, but I felt that the dirge of emotions shown by Aria in AA are much less than the original. In the original Aria gets angry, solemn, contemplative, laughs, and scared. Aria has only shown like 1 expression in this spinoff and she's so unimportant that watching the show for her is idiotic.

Regarding the whole leading roles thing. COME ON! Dude. The whole Amica system is basically showing that each character in AA has a direct correlation to a character in the original. The yandere ojousama character relates directly to that miko character from the original. They're basically the same character except AA's version is yuri. Also Aria had the goals in the original. Kinji didn't have some overarching dream to be hokage, which leads me into my final point.

Kinji developed as a character.

No like seriously. In the beginning he wanted nothing to do with Aria, but seeing her persevere and struggle made him feel ashamed of himself for carrying through life with such a lackluster attitude. His development can be paralleled through his attitude towards Hysteria mode where even he wants to rely on it by the end of the anime. He takes more active approach to helping Aria towards the end when he wanted nothing to do with her in the beginning. He didn't even really grow all that much stronger. He developed solely in personality.
Oct 27, 2015 11:36 PM
Oct 2015
TitanAnteus said:
Mami-Sexual said:

When you talked about scratching the surface of "Butei." You say that like it's a positive thing. There's a good reason why the original Aria just glossed over so many of the details of "Butei." Out loud a lot of it sounds dumb like the bulletproof clothing and knifeproof knives. A lot of the other stuff Butei related you can tell is tacked on to add conflict for Akari's sake. For instance, that entrance exam or whatever and the whole Amica system.

Look, I don't know if you watched the original Aria but the girls were plenty useful in combat. More useful than Kinji over 90% of the time. Hysteria mode Kinji was just a cruch. A really funny cruch that does insanely stupid shit while trying to look cool guaranteeing a laugh. I wont deny that in AA Aria's character seems more respectable because she's the confident senpai type character more often, but I felt that the dirge of emotions shown by Aria in AA are much less than the original. In the original Aria gets angry, solemn, contemplative, laughs, and scared. Aria has only shown like 1 expression in this spinoff and she's so unimportant that watching the show for her is idiotic.

Regarding the whole leading roles thing. COME ON! Dude. The whole Amica system is basically showing that each character in AA has a direct correlation to a character in the original. The yandere ojousama character relates directly to that miko character from the original. They're basically the same character except AA's version is yuri. Also Aria had the goals in the original. Kinji didn't have some overarching dream to be hokage, which leads me into my final point.

No like seriously. In the beginning he wanted nothing to do with Aria, but seeing her persevere and struggle made him feel ashamed of himself for carrying through life with such a lackluster attitude. His development can be paralleled. through his attitude towards Hysteria mode where even he wants to rely on it by the end of the anime. He takes more active approach to helping Aria towards the end when he wanted nothing to do with her in the beginning. He didn't even really grow all that much stronger. He developed solely in personality.

Well put. Also, AA scratches the surface of the Butei world even less. Butei aren't just students with guns and the original acknowledged this. Butei are armed detectives who put their lives on the line. Some die young as teens, others live to see adulthood. It isn't some happy-go-lucky world but rather a dark world full of violence. Reki for example, in the original, is even known for killing other people prior to becoming a S-Rank Butei. Riko killed Kinji's brother and attempted to kill many of the other students, Aria and Kinji. Jeanne attempted to kill Shiraiyuki. Their own teacher turned out to be a murderous vampire set on killing the party. Deaths occurred in the light novels after the anime had left off. To say that AA is showing more of the Butei world is a pale mockery of the Butei world, it's just showing more school life, and honestly failing at even that. I mean, we haven't seen which branch Akari opted for as they are supposed to pick a dedicated branch. She hasn't done any missions to earn credits at all, or even done real training like going to a shooting range. What we want is to see more of that gritty world, instead we are given yet another yuri slice of life.
ArisaMiyakoOct 27, 2015 11:44 PM
Oct 28, 2015 12:05 AM

Apr 2009
This Hidan no Aria AA is actually a rubbish anime infact i drop the first Hidan no Aria which is also shitty but i do had the right to judge the MC of AA and she's a threat to the military kind :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 28, 2015 1:53 AM

Aug 2015
Mami-Sexual said:

Basicly my question is....why can't most of you just accept this anime for what it is instead of what you think it should be or want it to be??

No its not a sequel to the orginal anime and it was never ment to be a sequel but just another story within the same universe...is that reallly so hard to accept??

I personally think that if people would stop comparing this to the orginal anime so much they would be able to appreciate and enjoy this anime so much more for everything it has to offer rather than what they think it should be and that's a season 2 of the orginal.

Yes I do agree a season 2 to the orginal would be great but I still feel like this spin off offers a lot we never be able to get from the orginal anime.

I just think its a real shame cause I personally love the Hidan No Aria series meaning all forms like the light novels, manga, both AA and the orginal HNA as well as both the japanese and english dub both with all my heart and I just think it totally sucks that people are talking down on this particular side story so much and 90 percent of the reason they talk down on is only being becuase its not a season 2 of the orginal Hidan No Aria and there percious Kenji who is apparently supose to be this god level of an anime character who no one can live without unless he is playing a main role in the show which I think is simply ridiculous.....

I mean yeah he is a cool and likeable character but there's so much more to the Aria series than him but most people here seem to like to paint this picture that he was everything to the series and without him the anime offers noting which I just don't understand....

Anyways as I said this is abit of rant cause I can already tell this anime is going to be dismissed by most anime fans that watch it not becuase the anime itself is bad but only becuase its not a season 2 of a diffrent anime and the fact that Kinji is not actively in it.

My advice for anyone who is a fan of the orginal and wants to be able to enjoy the the AA version just forget about everything you remeber from the orginal and try to find the value in the great story thats being told here.

And if you need somone to point out the value of this spin off I would be happy to give my views on it.

Well I'll just give my two cents since I can't seem to fall asleep.

I watched the first episode of Hidan no Aria AA before I watched the entire series of Hidan no Aria. I couldn't even make it through the entire first episode of AA, but I literally binged the entire season of the original series.

It could just be because I'm not a fan of moe-esque anime, (I mean that simply as an almost/completely female cast who have a intentionally cute "I want to be stronger/be like her" attitude, or just do cute stuff for no particular explainable reason.) Nor am I particularly a fan of yuri, which I feel tends to get way too focused on cuteness to develop a meaningful story most of the time.

That's not to say that my preferences are any better than anyone else's, but I feel like the lack of a character to throw off the "cuteness factor" makes anime difficult to watch for me. That's one of the reasons why watching the first three episodes of Madoka magika was so painful despite how much I loved every episode after that.

The original series had that character in Kenji. His awkward silly antics threw off the somewhat monotonous nature of continuous cuteness. I think that is also in part why Tsundere are so popular, just being super cute gets pretty irritating after a spell, (not to say that constantly being a tsundere isn't equally as annoying.)

Kenji was certainly not the most interesting of characters comparative to other anime MC, but in the world of the Hidan no Aria anime he was probably the most entertaining to watch, and it was his interactions with the female cast that brought about the comedic value that kept me watching the original anime back to back. Unfortunately anime with a mostly/completely female cast rarely seem to have these entertaining interactions, they lack a character that is outside the group, which is exactly the vibe that AA was giving me when I was watching it.

Even just watching it for 15 minutes I felt like it was just another cute girl idolizing another girl in school anime, and that was despite Aria being a awesome badass. I felt like I could see the plot already and I was just watching to see what kind of fluff they used to pad out the arc I already knew was coming.

I won't pretend to know that my first impression is true, but it doesn't have to be, the anime's first episode exudes the yuri moe vibe so much that even if the next episode is the most brutal game changing awesome gore fest ever and turns wonderfully dark, the vibe of the first episode killed it for me.

There is nothing wrong with liking that type of anime, but it simply doesn't mesh well with a lot of people, myself included. The anime has to have a character very unlike the others to shake up the girl harem cute fest or I start to lose interest and get annoyed at the whole thing pretty quickly, like first half of the first episode kind of quickly.

Hopefully that gives a slightly different perspective of the backlash, from someone who truly wishes they could enjoy AA as much as Hidan no Aira.

-Creator
CreatorofgodsOct 28, 2015 2:02 AM
Oct 28, 2015 9:51 AM

May 2015
Just finished Hidan no Aria and 4th episode of AA.

And now I know why people hate it.

If this is filled with 90% Aria, I wouldn't mind. But this is Hidan no Akari!! Where the fuck is Aria? Not to mention Kinji is BARELY in it. Oh let's not forget that Aria is not even in episode 4 for more than 3 minutes.

Even in episode 4, Aria is not relevant in anyway. Just put an idol character that is famous into the story, and boom you got AA.

I thought a spin-off would be more focusing on the characters from the original series, like their unexplained background (ex. Akame ga Kill Zero). So this spin-off is an utter rip-off.
Oct 28, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
BECAUSE THIS ISN'T THE SECOND SEASON OF HIDAN NO ARIA!!!
it's obvious. why must ask again?
Oct 28, 2015 11:40 AM
Feb 2009
It's milking a dead cow. I don't like it because it just seems like they wan't some easy money by doing little.
Just briefly read some of the manga too and that was better.
So this is just badly done anime adaption of a manga spin-off of a novel.
Oct 28, 2015 9:55 PM

Mar 2014
Bosskardo said:
It's milking a dead cow. I don't like it because it just seems like they wan't some easy money by doing little.

I agree 100 percent about the manga being better. I'm going to make a youtube video regarding this actually...

Oct 28, 2015 10:04 PM
Oct 2015
Mami-Sexual said:
Bosskardo said:

I agree 100 percent about the manga being better. I'm going to make a youtube video regarding this actually...

Good luck with that. Thanks to the new YouTube Red membership I had a ton of videos get blocked in US over copyright and fair-use disputes. Better off sticking to Nico Nico Douga and Daily Motion.
Oct 28, 2015 10:47 PM

Mar 2014
When you talked about scratching the surface of "Butei." You say that like it's a positive thing. There's a good reason why the original Aria just glossed over so many of the details of "Butei." Out loud a lot of it sounds dumb like the bulletproof clothing and knifeproof knives. A lot of the other stuff Butei related you can tell is tacked on to add conflict for Akari's sake. For instance, that entrance exam or whatever and the whole Amica system.

No like seriously. In the beginning he wanted nothing to do with Aria, but seeing her persevere and struggle made him feel ashamed of himself for carrying through life with such a lackluster attitude. His development can be paralleled. through his attitude towards Hysteria mode where even he wants to rely on it by the end of the anime. He takes more active approach to helping Aria towards the end when he wanted nothing to do with her in the beginning. He didn't even really grow all that much stronger. He developed solely in personality.[/quote]

First off can you please remove the spoiler in regards to Reki please??? I like many I have not read the light novels and am slightly annoyed to have some of it spoiled thanks to your post.

Anyways the part where you mentioned it was bad thing that AA expanded more of being a buitei is completely your opinion which is neither wrong or right since I personally enjoyed the Buitei world being expanded in the way AA did but that's just a personal preference.

From my perspective AA added more infomation to being a butei like for example we are introduced more information regarding different ranks within the school like E rank and how it matters and effects your position what this means for example.

Yes I know Akari is not the first E rank Butei since Kenji was during the orginal but AA still goes into abit more detail regarding this rank with Akari.

And the fact that there are different groups that can be made within the world of the butei like the amica partner thing and the 3 person group the girls made within in episode 4 or even just the fact that there's a honey trap group etc etc

Also the episode were Aria determines what guns the girls should have based on height also adds more information cuase in a since it tells us how some butei are given the type of weapons they weild.

There are just more things that were added to the butei system for anyone who might have actually enjoyed this part of the anime like myself and these are things that expands more of the world of Hidan No Aria is the point I am trying to make here.

Now wether you feel these additions were important or not is stricly your point of view cuase regardless of if its important or not this is all expansion and adding things we did not already know about this world and I enjoyed geting a bit more of that cause to me it paints more of picture for this series as a whole when you combine everything.

We are also able to see the world of butei from completely different perspectives with Akari and the other girls.

Like one thing I think is great about seeing the butei world through Akari eyes is rather than her being and OP butei from the start which is pretty much how all the other characters are presented in the original.

Like you have Aria who is suppose to be S rank which is best of the best then you have Reki who is super sniper and Rikko and Shiroyuki also being quite skilled and Kenji with his super Hystria mode.

Seeing things from the perspective of a character whos not actually super skilled I personally think makes things more fresh or at least a different way to view things.

I mean even if you yourself don't think it matters you still can't disagree that there is a change in perspective which still adds something to the world of Hidan No Aria if you happen to be like me and like everything about this anime.

Now it is true that the Aria we got in AA is different than the orginal but whats great about this is we are able to see even more sides of Aria when you add more the orginal and AA teoghter.

That in itself is also expansion in this butei world when you think about it.

Yes she is not the same as she was in the original but why does she need to be?? Why does she have to be this chick that completely loses her shit cause of some guy being around instead of appearing more composed and strong like she is in AA?

I think its clear that Aria's attitude in AA is partly coming form the fact that she is trying to help her Amica become stronger so of course shes going to be tough.

I also think this is important because Akari is shown to look up to Aria as being a strong mentor so Aria looking as a stronger character over all is important.

I also want to mention that she is seen to have some more tender moments with Akari like in episode 2 after she acknowledges Akari for making working hard to make the para-glider and in the most recent episode we see the two of them also having a moments where she trys to help Akiari train.

We also see an embarrassed side to Aria when shes blushing upon spying on Akira in episode 2.

So how can you say Aria only showed one emotion within the anime AA???

Baislcy I'm trying to say that I feel that not only is more being expanded upon with Aria when you combine both versions teoghter but we are also seeing sides to her in AA we never got to see in the original which only adds to her not take a way.

Erm and personally I don't feel like Kenji decided to help Aria cause of her struggle with her mother I think it was more so just because Rikko was able to give him information which sprung him into action to do something which lead to all the events that later happened in the anime.

i mean look at this way.

Before Aria left Kenji to go to England Kenji was aware of Arias mother being jail and that she was framed and that Aria was struggling to help her but this did not make Kenji want to automatically become her partner as a result.

He made him realize her motives and that he felt sorry for her yes but he did not change as a result of knowing this otherwise he would have became her partner on the spot after they both left her mother that time when they went to see her.

Agian I'm not saying Kenji did not care for Aria but I don't see how he developed at all in this way that your talking about when it came to Aria's situation with her mother.

Now later yes he does end up teaming up with her but I don't see how he came to the type of conclusion that you are stating he came in regards to Aria.

Unless of course your saying he felt all this within the light novel version and they went into detail explaining this or somthing cause I'm only going by the anime version and not the novels.

Though if we are going to bring reading material into this then that's fine with me cause I can make lots of Arguments for AA if we are going by the reading material as oppose to the anime version so let me know.

And honestly I still don't feel like Kenji had any development by the animes version.

I mean he does join Aria but it feels more or less that Rikko set up everything to play that way and Aria and Kenji just became friends as a result.

I mean aside from becoming friends with Aria and joining her what did he really accomplish by the animes end??

I mean noting regarding the romance sub plot between him and Aria went anywhere and noting at all changed with Kinji Hysteria mode.

Perhaps if Kenji had better control over his mode or completely accepted it by the end then that would have been character development.

And what aspect of the anime does it show Kenji changed for the reasons you listed?? Like can you point any dialogue that shows your point or how did his actions show that he felt how he did about Aria??

Also want to point out that your right that the girls in Hidan No Aria did have more of a purpose when it came to the story and fights but it still does not change the fact that there main purpose was in being connected with Kenji.

I mean if Kenji had not been in the anime Rikko who have never taken any of the actions she did neither would with Shiroyukki as well as Aria.

That show focused on him being the center more than anything else and the girls were just there as basically support charcthers I say that only because the story would played out completely different had Kenji been completely removed regardless of what was going on with the other girls.

I mean if you don't believe that then paint me a picture of how the Hidan No Aria story would have gone if Kenji never existed.

At least AA makes an attempt to take a less sexyist approach to things were girls don't needs guys in this particular version. Not saying its a great attempt at displaying this but an attempt never the less
CodeNameKittyOct 28, 2015 11:21 PM

Oct 28, 2015 11:32 PM
Oct 2015
Kinji expressly said in the anime when he was caught peeping in the locker room that he was attracted to Aria. The light novel had gone more in depth with their relationship, in fact they had expressed feelings during the plane incident in the novel.

Hidan no Aria would've been much the same without Kinji. Riko still would've taken action against Aria because she had a per-existing vendetta against Aria due to their ancestors' rivalry between Holmes and Lupin Arsene. Jeanne would still have attacked Shirayuki due to orders from the IU. Kinji was merely a target because he was connected to his brother whom Riko had previously dealt with so she was essentially killing two birds with one stone by severing the loose ends of Kinji while setting up Aria. Even if Riko didn't make her attempts on him, he would've became involved the moment that Shirayuki was targeted by Jeanne, or later on by Reki.

The stuff like the height measurements for which gun they can carry is rather bs of an addition in all honesty. For one every butei, at least in the novels, had to request their weapon. They weren't just handed out. Reki for example had special permissions to use her SVD and later obtained permissions to use a Barrett M82. It was a bureaucracy for them to get their weapons. I've held different firearms of different sizes before, being a small person of 165cm tall myself, I will admit that larger rifles are harder to carry, ultimately though height doesn't matter as much as strength does. Most of the time the rifle is on a sling and wont touch the ground anyways. Akari's training is nothing like what the Butei actually go through. They attend general ed classes then report to their designation. Assault students go to a shooting range, Logi students go to a driving course, etc... They also are required to take on jobs in order to be given credits. None of which Akari has done. She is not a Butei, she is a student.
ArisaMiyakoOct 28, 2015 11:46 PM
Oct 29, 2015 12:23 AM

Mar 2014
[quote=Kitsune94]Kinji expressly said in the anime when he was caught peeping in the locker room that he was attracted to Aria. The light novel had gone more in depth with their relationship, in fact they had expressed feelings during the plane incident in the novel.

Well I'm afraid your wrong about Rikko taking action with Aria only becuase she wanted Aria to have a partner becomes of the whole detective ancestor thing and without Kenji Aria would not have had a partner so theres a change right there since even though Rikko was targeting Aria she never would actually confronted her directly as the buitei killer until she herself had a partner.

And Kenji being attracted to Aria does not show progression since he was turned on by her during the first episode as he also gets turned on by Rikko and some degree Shiroyuki.

And I even though I have not read the light novels It still does not sound like anything signifcant happened in the light novel version unless they got teoghter and became a couple during it.

And even if you feel like the gun height thing is a BS addition I still fond it interesting and I'm not trying to compare anime to real life cuase if your going down that route then there would be way to many things to nit pick in both Hidan No Aria anime versions

Oct 29, 2015 12:44 AM
Oct 2015
Did I say it had to do with Aria having a partner? No I did not because that's not what the rivalry was about. Sherlock Holmes and Lupin Arsene were arch rivals, and as mentioned in the anime had a duel in which Lupin lost. Riko being not only his descendant but also being powerless was forced by Vlad into proving herself in her families name by defeating Holmes's descendant Aria. Therefore she would've confronted Aria regardless of Kinji. The reasoning for Aria needing a partner was more throwback to the inspiration of Sherlock Holmes, given that Holmes was always accompanied by his partner Watson.

Furthermore his wording in that scene does show the progression of his feelings. Yes he does get turned on by the other girls. However, when he was questioned he was honest and specifically singled out that he was looking at Aria and not the others. He had even questioned himself during that scene when he released that Aria turned him on more than the others and couldn't look away from her. The light novel was a lot more romantic in many ways, sadly the best of would be total spoilers of events far passed the anime's end. Was also a lot more dramatic in the action, especially in scenes such as the bus incident. In the anime Aria got hurt saving Kinji, in the novel she fell off the bus.
ArisaMiyakoOct 29, 2015 12:52 AM
Oct 29, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
I never said the original Hidan No Aria was perfect when it came to characterization or even general enjoyability. It was an average show.

I don't remember even mentioning Reki, but regarding your other statements, I think you're just letting your bias show.

When you said.
Mami-Sexual said:
Before Aria left Kenji to go to England Kenji was aware of Arias mother being jail and that she was framed and that Aria was struggling to help her but this did not make Kenji want to automatically become her partner as a result.

He made him realize her motives and that he felt sorry for her yes but he did not change as a result of knowing this otherwise he would have became her partner on the spot after they both left her mother that time when they went to see her.

Obviously that's because it's still a big decision to make to help Aria save her mother. He'd have to devote years of his life to someone else's cause and him hesitating over this choice helps convey the weight of the decision that needs to be made.

Mami-Sexual said:
Also want to point out that your right that the girls in Hidan No Aria did have more of a purpose when it came to the story and fights but it still does not change the fact that there main purpose was in being connected with Kenji.

I mean if Kenji had not been in the anime Rikko who have never taken any of the actions she did neither would with Shiroyukki as well as Aria.

That show focused on him being the center more than anything else and the girls were just there as basically support charcthers I say that only because the story would played out completely different had Kenji been completely removed regardless of what was going on with the other girls.

I mean if you don't believe that then paint me a picture of how the Hidan No Aria story would have gone if Kenji never existed.

Wait how's this a bad thing? Being the connecting thread to a bunch of characters is usually what a main character does.

Also, AA is no different. Akari's the protagonist that connects everything and the other girls wouldn't be involved with each other if she didn't exist. Their lives would probably be uneventful if she didn't exist. How can you like Akari and hate Kinji when they're basically the same regarding how they are in roles? This is why I originally said:
TitanAnteus said:

If you like this show it's because you have a yuri fetish.

If Kinji didn't exist, Aria would have been alone in her chase to free her mother. She'd go on dangerous life risking missions alone and eventually die. This whole thought process is literally why Kinji joins her eventually. He knows this and realizes that he hates the idea of Aria dying more than he hates the idea of succumbing to Hysteria and being dragged into a world of life and death practically every day.

Look the character roles and dynamics are basically the same. The amica system is basically showing that. The big difference is Kinji and Aria are unimportant, and Akari's not as fun as Kinji was for me.

You also said.
Mami-Sexual said:
And honestly I still don't feel like Kenji had any development by the animes version.

I don't know. It seems like you just weren't paying any attention to him especially if you can't remember his name.

Oh and one more thing!
Mami-Sexual said:
At least AA makes an attempt to take a less sexyist approach to things were girls don't needs guys in this particular version. Not saying its a great attempt at displaying this but an attempt never the less

Dude you have to be joking. Akari has a panty shot for Kinji, there's tons of bath scenes. Basically these girls are way more sexualized than in the original Hidan No Aria. Also, AA can't be considered less sexist even in the character's actions. They act like stereotypes for the most part and still adhere to traditional gender roles.
Oct 29, 2015 6:04 PM

Mar 2014
TitanAnteus said:
I never said the original Hidan No Aria was perfect when it came to characterization or even general enjoyability. It was an average show.

I don't remember even mentioning Reki, but regarding your other statements, I think you're just letting your bias show.

When you said.
Mami-Sexual said:

Obviously that's because it's still a big decision to make to help Aria save her mother. He'd have to devote years of his life to someone else's cause and him hesitating over this choice helps convey the weight of the decision that needs to be made.

Mami-Sexual said:

Wait how's this a bad thing? Being the connecting thread to a bunch of characters is usually what a main character does.

Also, AA is no different. Akari's the protagonist that connects everything and the other girls wouldn't be involved with each other if she didn't exist. Their lives would probably be uneventful if she didn't exist. How can you like Akari and hate Kinji when they're basically the same regarding how they are in roles? This is why I originally said:
TitanAnteus said:

If you like this show it's because you have a yuri fetish.

If Kinji didn't exist, Aria would have been alone in her chase to free her mother. She'd go on dangerous life risking missions alone and eventually die. This whole thought process is literally why Kinji joins her eventually. He knows this and realizes that he hates the idea of Aria dying more than he hates the idea of succumbing to Hysteria and being dragged into a world of life and death practically every day.

Look the character roles and dynamics are basically the same. The amica system is basically showing that. The big difference is Kinji and Aria are unimportant, and Akari's not as fun as Kinji was for me.

You also said.
Mami-Sexual said:

I don't know. It seems like you just weren't paying any attention to him especially if you can't remember his name.

Oh and one more thing!
Mami-Sexual said:

Dude you have to be joking. Akari has a panty shot for Kinji, there's tons of bath scenes. Basically these girls are way more sexualized than in the original Hidan No Aria. Also, AA can't be considered less sexist even in the character's actions. They act like stereotypes for the most part and still adhere to traditional gender roles.

1. Okay can you explain in detail how Kenji is hesitating when it comes to Aria's case with her mother?? Like what scenes or words did he express that even gave you this impression?? Becuase I personally think your reading why to much into this part and just making Kenji out to be a much deeper character than he really is.

2. And the reason its bad thing that the girls were so connected to Kenji has to do with his hysteria mode and the fact that in a lot of ways the reason why the girls were even in the story had to do with providing him a reason to go into Hysteria mode. Not saying that was there any purpose but yeah.

3. Well if condsider all the fanservice that was in the orginal I still say AA is not being a server with it as it could be. And I still consider Hidan No Aria to be more of the sexist between the to simple becuase it has fanservice and it also has Kenji that gains a secret power by litterally geting off by other girls. I mean if you want an example of a sexist scene think the first episode where you have bad ass Aria basicly being told she could not fight since Mr macho Hysteria mode Kenji decided to handle things and basicly tells her not do anything.

Heres a video were the person goes into more detail about this presenting more of my points on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFgwM0elrM

Also want to add that m y reasons for liking this show have to do with the manga so don't words in my mouth when it comes to your whole yuri fettish

Oct 29, 2015 10:43 PM

Apr 2015
^ I have always been honest to myself that the main purpose an all- girls anime is fan service whether it's yuri or not.

What's the purpose of Aria AA anyway? It always about Akari though the title should be about Aria. This spin off actually just trying to get under the popularity of the original.
#CHEXIT
Oct 30, 2015 10:52 AM
Oct 2015
Imeon said:
^ I have always been honest to myself that the main purpose an all- girls anime is fan service whether it's yuri or not.

What's the purpose of Aria AA anyway? It always about Akari though the title should be about Aria. This spin off actually just trying to get under the popularity of the original.

Exactly. Just another cash grab by Squenix. All it did as a manga was retcon the novels, anime no different.
Oct 30, 2015 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
Mami-Sexual said:

1. Okay can you explain in detail how Kenji is hesitating when it comes to Aria's case with her mother?? Like what scenes or words did he express that even gave you this impression?? Becuase I personally think your reading why to much into this part and just making Kenji out to be a much deeper character than he really is.

Yeah sure. He doesn't say. "Aria. I'll do everything in my power to help you."
He stays silent but doesn't mention the fact that he doesn't want to be around her anymore."
Mami-Sexual said:

2. And the reason its bad thing that the girls were so connected to Kenji has to do with his hysteria mode and the fact that in a lot of ways the reason why the girls were even in the story had to do with providing him a reason to go into Hysteria mode. Not saying that was there any purpose but yeah.

Hysteria was hilarious. Whether or not you thought the first season was average or dare I say good hinged on how funny the idea was to you, but if that's the case than why does Aria look so childlike. Kinji even said it himself, that he's not sexually attracted to younger looking girls. Also, if that's the case there doesn't need to be all that many girls in the series in the first place.
Mami-Sexual said:

3. Well if condsider all the fanservice that was in the orginal I still say AA is not being a server with it as it could be. And I still consider Hidan No Aria to be more of the sexist between the to simple becuase it has fanservice and it also has Kenji that gains a secret power by litterally geting off by other girls. I mean if you want an example of a sexist scene think the first episode where you have bad ass Aria basicly being told she could not fight since Mr macho Hysteria mode Kenji decided to handle things and basicly tells her not do anything.

Heres a video were the person goes into more detail about this presenting more of my points on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFgwM0elrM

Also want to add that m y reasons for liking this show have to do with the manga so don't words in my mouth when it comes to your whole yuri fettish

Again. I think Hysteria is hilarious and it's whole effect on the plot is that stupid last ditch thing in every shounen like the spirit bomb in DBZ. I don't remember the first season all that well, but I'm pretty sure that pre-hysteria Kinji, Aria has all the badass scenes and when shit gets really intense and they need that spirit bomb hysteria comes into play. Kinji gets put into some pretty lameass positions too. He's not like Kirito or anything, but he's definitely a person. No, I'm not looking too deeply into a character. You might not remember but Kinji had a lot of expressions, had worries, and had a hard time making a lot of decisions. Yes he made decisions not like Ichika from IS. The plot didn't just force him into doing shit. He could've walked away or done things differently at so many opportunities.

Regarding the youtube video:
That girl's opinion boils down to, "It's a harem and I don't like it." She goes Guh at the needless fanservice, which I did too to be honest, till I realized I couldn't stop laughing at the bullshit hysteria was doing. WHICH IS FINE. Disliking a genre is completely OK. I avoid like 99% of Shoujo. It's not like her tastes are bad. She praised Deadman Wonderland which was an average to good show by most standards.

Ok. You probably don't realize this, but this is another fan service all-girls anime. I've tried reading the manga too, and yep. It survives through being yuri or shoujou ai (don't remember the tag). If this show had no romantic undertone between the girls it'd be less than half of what it is now, which is not very good already.

Also, think about what Akari did during the two blonde's amica troubles. Nothing! She gasped for not realizing that her friend was being hurt for being called a guy and gave useless information about the fact that the blonde was good at surviving tackles. Literally did nothing. The character's are so shallow and one dimensional in both manga and anime that they even made Aria shallow. Cute Aria shows up practically nowhere, and Akari's always got the same exact attitude. It's not like seeing a competent Aria's anything new either.

Look I'm done. Arguing with you is tiring. You might enjoy the show for what it is but I honestly thought everyone watching this show was like.
Imeon said:

But the fact that you argued this much swayed me. You like this show for what it is. Not going to doubt that anymore.
Oct 30, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
Ok. You probably don't realize this, but this is another fan service all-girls anime. I've tried reading the manga too, and yep. It survives through being yuri or shoujou ai

Disagree completely since my interest in the manga comes from Akari being an underdog that displays having potential through the situations she is placed in regarding the manga. Now I won't disagree that the anime waters down Akari and AA as being a more moe cute girl doing cute things type of anime as oppose to its manga counter part that takes the story abit more seriously.

Honestly I can't really defend the anime as much as I can the manga and I honestly was a fan of the manga months before an anime adaption was even announced.

If your a person who wants a cute moe girlxgirl type anime thats not ment to be taken seriously and is just a fun type of show ( I personally enjoy a hell of a lot regardless) This is an anime for you.

Now if you want somthing a little more serious granted not dramaticly more serious but if you want a version of Akari who is taken more seriously as a person and as a butei then I suggest reading the manga which better than the anime version anyway.

Also want to add that theres an event in the manga where one of Akari's fellow butei gets into trouble and shes the one that suggest taking action to help them and is ultimately able to do so.
CodeNameKittyOct 30, 2015 4:42 PM

Oct 30, 2015 5:40 PM
Oct 2015
Mami-Sexual said:
Ok. You probably don't realize this, but this is another fan service all-girls anime. I've tried reading the manga too, and yep. It survives through being yuri or shoujou ai

Disagree completely since my interest in the manga comes from Akari being an underdog that displays having potential through the situations she is placed in regarding the manga. Now I won't disagree that the anime waters down Akari and AA as being a more moe cute girl doing cute things type of anime as oppose to its manga counter part that takes the story abit more seriously.

Honestly I can't really defend the anime as much as I can the manga and I honestly was a fan of the manga months before an anime adaption was even announced.

If your a person who wants a cute moe girlxgirl type anime thats not ment to be taken seriously and is just a fun type of show ( I personally enjoy a hell of a lot regardless) This is an anime for you.

Now if you want somthing a little more serious granted not dramaticly more serious but if you want a version of Akari who is taken more seriously as a person and as a butei then I suggest reading the manga which better than the anime version anyway.

Also want to add that theres an event in the manga where one of Akari's fellow butei gets into trouble and shes the one that suggest taking action to help them and is ultimately able to do so.

It's not just that it's a shoujo ai anime, but that it's terrible shoujo ai. Strawberry Panic is honestly more bearable to watch.

That's part of the problem, in AA they simply get in trouble. In the original novels they got seriously injured or died. Aria fell off a bus,
AA's version of the Butei world is nothing but childish. Even in the first episode of the original anime they mentioned that not every student will live to see the end of graduation and showed that Butei were armed detectives cast into a world of lead and suffering. Not Happy-go-lucky fun school time with guns and powers.
Oct 31, 2015 4:14 AM

Apr 2015
TitanAnteus said:

But the fact that you argued this much swayed me. You like this show for what it is. Not going to doubt that anymore.

Dude, I'm actually siding with you. I find Aria AA horrible because not only they took advantage of the original, they removed Kinji and turned it into pure fanservice. The romance and chemistry between Kinji and Aria is gone.. T_T

The only reason I'm attached is because of Kinji's cameo. I hope they change some part of the manga and insert more Kinji x Aria "goodness".
RPSB9Oct 31, 2015 4:38 AM
#CHEXIT
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2015

40 by wildhood »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM

» Where does Hidan no Aria AA take place?

SleepySenpaiSama - Oct 10, 2015

23 by Jomi13111 »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.