Forum Settings
Forums

Do you feel like you would have to have sex with a person before marrying thm/

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 11, 2015 8:04 PM

Nov 2014
mayukachan said:
Unfortunately, not every couple will have this.
It won't last long then.

Oct 11, 2015 8:04 PM

Jul 2012
ExTamplier said:
mayukachan said:
It won't last long then.
And that's why you have sex before getting into marriage.
Oct 11, 2015 8:05 PM

Nov 2014
mayukachan said:
ExTamplier said:
It won't last long then.
That's what I said on the last page.

Oct 11, 2015 8:05 PM

Oct 2010
mayukachan said:
Cottonrabbit said:
Honesty and confidence with your partner is also a necessity.

It doesn't sound like they will be a very stable couple if they can't be honest with each other.
As someone who is really shy when it comes to having sex talks with their partner, I can understand why people would want to avoid it, but communication is the key to a successful relationship. You should communicate with your partner over your feelings towards everything, including sexual stuff. It's just one of those things that you have to do if you want a strong relationship.
Oct 11, 2015 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
ExTamplier said:
mayukachan said:
That's what I said on the last page.
It's been said many times in this thread, I know. I was never arguing against it, btw.
Oct 11, 2015 8:07 PM

Nov 2007
mayukachan said:
>1994
You're two years older than me, wut.
I've been thinking about parenthood since I was in elementary school. I think I'm certain on how I see myself in the future.

If they think being 21 makes them unquestionably that much more experienced than you I wouldn't let what they say get to you.

LionCake said:
Honesty and confidence with your partner is also a necessity.

I agree but in reality nobody is honest in a relationship 100% of the time and sex is one of those things people can get anxious or embarrassed about. Of course the more honest and open you can be, the better. But everyone hides something at some point in their life, it doesn't matter how close you are with someone. Sometimes it's exactly because you're close to them. At the very least, if you find yourself unable to be honest about these things, better to realize that before marriage.
Oct 11, 2015 8:08 PM

Nov 2014
Thalos said:
mayukachan said:
>1994
You're two years older than me, wut.
I've been thinking about parenthood since I was in elementary school. I think I'm certain on how I see myself in the future.
If they think being 21 makes them unquestionably that much more experienced than you I wouldn't let what they say get to you.
Everyone has a personal opinion, and everyone grew up in a different community with it's own beliefs.

Oct 11, 2015 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
Of course not. I'm not a fornicator.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 11, 2015 11:23 PM

Jan 2015
Oct 11, 2015 11:25 PM

Aug 2010
ExTamplier said:
Thalos said:
Everyone has a personal opinion, and everyone grew up in a different community with it's own beliefs.

Even if they grew up in the same community doesn't mean they are going to have the same beliefs either
Oct 11, 2015 11:26 PM

Mar 2014
Wait... There are still people in the Western civilisation that won't have sex before they marry?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 11, 2015 11:28 PM

Aug 2010
Comic_Sans said:
Wait... There are still people in the Western civilisation that won't have sex before they marry?

It's a big world buddy
Oct 11, 2015 11:29 PM

Mar 2014
ThRippJck said:
Comic_Sans said:

It's a big world buddy
Wow

Weird
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 11, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
sex is important on any intimate relationship imho so doing sex is a natural part of it
i do not see any benefits of premarital sex that major religions preach other than following a holy book that is considered fiction
Oct 11, 2015 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
Thalos said:
I wouldn't even feel comfortable marrying someone I haven't had sex with before to be honest. You wouldn't ask for sex before even kissing the person, to me marriage is the same. Marriage should basically be the furthest step you take your relationship, so it should be proceeded by everything else. You should only get married after you've spent enough time together with someone and are sure that every aspect of your relationship is healthy. I'd rather not have to go through divorce(s) because of something like that. If it's someones belief not to, I'd respect it, but I also probably wouldn't end up marrying that person.

That's pretty spot on, I feel exactly the same way.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Oct 12, 2015 12:14 AM

May 2009
mayukachan said:
LionCake said:
Sex is a fundamental necessity to a lasting marriage.
Well, not necessarily. Some couples can lose all the romance but stay together because of their kids.

Sexual libido tends to dissapair after awhile, for some couples.
Oct 12, 2015 12:14 AM

Jul 2012
Shoryuuken said:
mayukachan said:
Well, not necessarily. Some couples can lose all the romance but stay together because of their kids.

That, and because of pregnancy after effects.
Oct 12, 2015 12:21 AM

May 2009
mayukachan said:
Shoryuuken said:

Hmmhmm, many reasons why couples stop having sex. I wonder how life is like if you don't even love your husband/wife anymore, yet you're forced to stick together.
Oct 12, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2011
Well I sure ain't marrying someone just to have sex.
Oct 12, 2015 12:38 AM
May 2015
As a christian, I intend to remain a virgin unless I end up getting married. But even if I wasn't religious I think I would probably still have the same idea. I don't want to found a relationship on sex, it should be a bonus, but not a necessity. If I do find a good woman, I want to ensure that I can love her even without sex, so if its ever off the table for some reason in the future I wont end up miserable and regretting my decision to be bound to her for the rest of my life.
Oct 12, 2015 12:45 AM

Jul 2012
Shoryuuken said:
mayukachan said:

Hmmhmm, many reasons why couples stop having sex. I wonder how life is like if you don't even love your husband/wife anymore, yet you're forced to stick together.
My parents are like that. It's kind of sad but they don't complain.
Oct 12, 2015 12:45 AM

Mar 2014
Sexual compatibility is, in most cases (about 90%) , adjustable. A nice long chat about sex before marriage will achieve you the same result as having sexual intercourse before marriage would. But, whatever floats your boat.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Oct 12, 2015 1:04 AM

Mar 2014
In this day and age, I don't think most couples follow that sorta thing anymore. Unless, not being stereotypical or anything, they're very religious. But there is nothing wrong with waiting til after marriage. I guess it depends on each couple.
Oct 12, 2015 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
Sex is pretty much mandatory if you wanna be my girl. :~)

Good sex, too. Both of us need to feel good and for real, and preferably stuff like oral included.
Oct 12, 2015 1:14 AM

May 2009
mayukachan said:
Shoryuuken said:

My parents are like that. It's kind of sad but they don't complain.

My parents aren't together anymore, but y'know they never married so I guess "divorcing" doesn't apply eh? The only thing they really do is complain about one another when talking with me. God it's getting on my nerves at times. How's the atmosphere like in the living room? Neutral?
Oct 12, 2015 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Why not.
Oct 12, 2015 1:17 AM

Nov 2014
If you're good with each other outside of the bedroom, then it should follow it's good inside the bedroom too.
It's down on personal belief and also the couple has to talk about it as well. I don't think it's a necessity but it does not mean I cannot be persuaded if the one I am going to get married thinks differently (and gives convincing argument also). I like to think the first night after marriage is something special. Properly something to do with Eastern practice.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 12, 2015 1:21 AM

Jul 2012
Shoryuuken said:
How's the atmosphere like in the living room? Neutral?
Neutral. They do argue a fair bit though. My dad has a bad temper.
Oct 12, 2015 1:57 AM

Aug 2013
Is sex before marriage so out there that this thread had to exist? I thought it was as common as every young couples i see on daily basis.
Oct 12, 2015 2:04 AM

Sep 2014
I think that to remain a virgin until marriage can cause mental and sexual damage to some people. Many religions put too much weight on the whole virgin thing, resulting in girls feeling like their value as a person is depending on their "pureness". Some girls still feel this pressure even after they're married, making sex life after marriage awful and destroying their self esteem. We're creating way too much stigma around something that's completely natural to do.
Oct 12, 2015 2:06 AM

Jul 2012
Amiluhur said:
Is sex before marriage so out there that this thread had to exist? I thought it was as common as every young couples i see on daily basis.
too many people treat virginity as this precious pearl within them, that they start judging others who don't have it anymore.
Oct 12, 2015 2:10 AM

Jul 2015
I just finished ranting about relationships and the 1st thing I see is this.

I don't even know what to type about this. For one thing, I am completely against this. but I'm just confused about how this world lost so much of it's values as individuals. How they devalue themselves so much to resort to this. If you're wondering yes, I'm a Christian. But just to let you know I actually find the atheists more tolerable than the fake Christians in my school and I'm a more logical kind of Christian I can assure you of that. Now back to the topic. Guilty pleasure can only make life worth living for so long. I hope people would put more time and effort on something that lasts for an eternity.
Oct 12, 2015 2:16 AM

May 2015
As long as you don't have children born out of wedlock.
Oct 12, 2015 2:19 AM

Mar 2014
bombslayer said:

I don't even know what to type about this. For one thing, I am completely against this. but I'm just confused about how this world lost so much of it's values as individuals. How they devalue themselves so much to resort to this. If you're wondering yes, I'm a Christian. But just to let you know I actually find the atheists more tolerable than the fake Christians in my school and I'm a more logical kind of Christian I can assure you of that. Now back to the topic. Guilty pleasure can only make life worth living for so long. I hope people would put more time and effort on something that lasts for an eternity.

Look at what Grubel said and think again. That's a real problem.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Oct 12, 2015 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
bombslayer said:

Why devalue themselves?
Oct 12, 2015 2:22 AM

Sep 2014
bombslayer said:

Guilty pleasure is only guilty if your conscience tells you to. If your conscience has been manipulated from a young age, of course it's going to feel wrong.

Your value as a person is the same thing. For example: Where I come from, you loose value in your friends eyes if you're still a virgin after 16-18 years.

I think it's despicable either way. Why judge people on this matter at all?
Oct 12, 2015 2:23 AM

Jul 2015
Mischievous said:
bombslayer said:

Why devalue themselves?

You're soiling yourself without even tying the knot with the person. And I think people forgot that sex are only for those who have dedicated their lives to one another.
Oct 12, 2015 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
Grubel said:
bombslayer said:

Guilty pleasure is only guilty if your conscience tells you to. If your conscience has been manipulated from a young age, of course it's going to feel wrong.

Your value as a person is the same thing. For example: Where I come from, you loose value in your friends eyes if you're still a virgin after 16-18 years.

I wouldn't even bother with those type of people to begin with and are you saying the human conscience can be manipulated in such a way that rape and murder is justified.
Oct 12, 2015 2:27 AM

Jan 2014
bombslayer said:
those who have dedicated their lives to one another.

So marriage is the only way two people who love each other can dedicate their lives to one another?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Sep 2014
bombslayer said:
Grubel said:

I wouldn't even bother with those type of people to begin with

Well, you're probably right... But it's sickening to see such judgemental people.
May 2015
I think the video you watched was largely correct. You need to have sexual compatibility with your partner.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Oct 12, 2015 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
bombslayer said:
Grubel said:

I wouldn't even bother with those type of people to begin with and are you saying the human conscience can be manipulated in such a way that rape and murder is justified.

lol
Oct 12, 2015 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
DisdainMatto said:
bombslayer said:
those who have dedicated their lives to one another.

So marriage is the only way two people who love each other can dedicate their lives to one another?

The amount of dedication I'm talking about is the one equivalent to marriage. And well now that think of it none of this can be proven. So it's all my opinion
Oct 12, 2015 2:31 AM

Jul 2012
Not everyone treats sex as a sacred activity between husband and wife.
Oct 12, 2015 2:32 AM

Jul 2015
mayukachan said:
And I wonder what is sex to them now.
Oct 12, 2015 2:33 AM

Jul 2012
bombslayer said:
mayukachan said:
Something that happens on their everyday life, like a handshake.
Oct 12, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
bombslayer said:
DisdainMatto said:

The amount of dedication I'm talking about is the one equivalent to marriage. And well now that think of it none of this can be proven. So it's all my opinion
Considering its something like 65% of all marriages end in divorce and domestic partnerships tend to be more successful I would argue that love and marriage are two very separate things. Marriage is not very indicative of love anymore, unfortunately.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 12, 2015 2:37 AM

Jul 2015
mayukachan said:
bombslayer said:
Well that's not the first time I heard that phrase.I guess losing faith in humanity is just as common as that to me nowadays
Oct 12, 2015 2:38 AM

Jan 2014
bombslayer said:
mayukachan said:
Well that's not the first time I heard that phrase.I guess losing faith in humanity is just as common as that to me nowadays
You'll realize that there is beauty in this world outside of your religious viewpoints and the shit humans do. The world is a beautiful place, you just have to look.
I love Christine

Oct 12, 2015 2:40 AM
May 2015
Cottonrabbit said:
I would dump a guy very quickly who felt he needed to "test" our sexual compatibility before making any commitment to me. That is a very manipulative and jerk thing to do. If you can't feel the physical chemistry without having sex, there isn't any and good sex is learnt.

Having said that though, if you are in a loving, wonderful relationship, it is natural to be deeply physically attracted to them and want to be with them on all levels. I would encourage waiting for the right person and not to rush into the sex but I also find marriage to be a very arbitrary start date. I think it would put a lot of pressure on the event than if the step was taken more naturally.

You can't feel your sexual compatibility without having sex with someone though. Sexual compatibility isn't the same as attraction, and it isn't the same as loving someone's personality. It's not a jerk thing to say at all, it's realistic. If there isn't sexual compatibility in a relationship then both of you will feel that and the likelihood is that one of you will end up looking for sex elsewhere.

Also, from your other posts, it isn't a test. Nobody is being tested and it isn't about how good someone is in bed, it's about you both being on the same level and having that kind of intimate connection. This isn't something you can figure out by talking about it. Sure, you can talk and find out about any fetishes that are kind of out there, but its not just about that.

Someone up thread mentioned the risk of sex becoming a chore and they are absolutely right. Different people have very different ideas about sex, and everyone is very different in the bedroom anyway. If that doesn't match up then it will become a chore.
FizixOct 12, 2015 3:12 AM
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
4 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

47 by beazy12 »»
14 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.