Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 16, 2018 5:41 AM
Jan 2018
God damn it!!!the first season isnt enough, after watching eps 12 it touched my heart... some ones like stabbed my heart
Mar 17, 2018 6:06 PM

Nov 2016
This anime wasn't even focused on romance, but rather action, supernatural, etc. However, it has one of the best developed romantic relationships I've seen in anime, and a kiss wasn't even needed. It was really enjoyable overall.

The world of anime is just magnificent. There are a lot of wonderful stories, characters and universes out there. I can only thank the heavens for that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2018 1:41 PM

Apr 2016
Excellent flick. Answered all the questions from the series. Added layers onto characters. Great action. And superlative animation. Blew me away.

And those crazy kids actually said the L-word at the end (love, not lesbian)

Maybe they'll kiss one day.

When their older I'm sure.

:)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2018 7:16 PM
Mar 2010
should I watch the first movie?
Oct 16, 2018 9:52 PM

Nov 2014
Very good movie. I had this on my completed list for a long time but now that I've rewatched it, how come I don't remember any of these scenes at all? Weird.

Seriously though, Izumi is so hot and so beautiful. I'm a bit pissed off because we didn't get to see much of her in the ending (just pictures). She deserved more than that!
Nov 19, 2018 9:37 PM
Mar 2010
Question.

Did any of you watch the first part/movie?

Dec 26, 2018 9:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Rewatching the entire franchise, after having completed it just a week back, really clears things up and once again it’s been a very enticing and marvellous journey to cherish and remember for a long time coming!

As for the movie, it was honestly a great watch! Many loose ends from the series were expanded on and effectively tied through the movie, but there’s still a few matters that are still uncertain but I’m assuming its a deliberate move and up to the viewers themselves to infer upon. Mirai’s amnesia at first felt off initially but I’m glad that the movie come out with two equally possible reasonings, by the way in my opinion she returned back to the living world because I believe Akihito’s inner battles between him and the Kyoukai no Kanata as a result of his grief resulted in her reappearance(release from Kyoukai no Kanata) but Kyoukai no Kanata’s resistance resulted in that memory loss of hers. Moving on, the usual hilarious sis-con and megane moments were very much vibrant throughout and that was pleasing to see! Hiro’omi’s manly hug in the end there just when the insert song kicked in was definitely the Lol moment and the touching hug between Akihito and Mirai along with their respective confessions were the most heartwmaing scenes of the episode! One issue I’d with the tv series was with the flat antagonists and while this movie didn’t do much to completely avert my thoughts on it, the little focus that both Fujima and Izumi(in particular) got were very crucial in my opinion and just made this ending a lot more wholesome and fulfilling! But well, Akihito’s mother still remains a big mystery and for some reason I like it this way. Finally, we got to see a lot more of Mirai’s past and it really got emotional quickly there. Nice to see some focus on her mother too and the importance of the ring which has been a prime factor of the show finally reaveled! All in all, a very delightful and wholesome movie to end the franchise on a great note!

Certainly not the best in terms of presentation, in fact the storyline of the tv series and the world building in particular is bonkers in all honesty, but it really excelled in the other departments. Moreover, something about this haphazard storytelling of this show made things more interesting of sorts and really livened up the experience of the watch. Can’t deny the premise of the show deserved a little more, nevertheless. On another note, sure the Characters were somewhat dull as a whole considering just three of the main leads actually received considerable development throughout the course of the franchise, but their interactions were just really intriguing and entertaining! Basically, it was amusing albeit being redundant at times and hence will go down as a memorably captivating show! Mirai, my favourite character of the series, Akihito and Hiro’omi in particular were glorious! Sound Department of the show was absolutely exemplary and stunning while the Art/Animation was bloody glorious even for KyoAni standards!

As such, the movie receives a solid 8.5/10 from me, an upgrade from the tv series (7.5/10)! I’ll surely remember this series for a long time coming and hopefully will come to it sometime in the near future. “Fuyoukai desu!”, just throwing this in here because this honestly is one of my favourite catchphrases ever!
_MushiRock11_Jan 18, 2019 11:26 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 26, 2018 9:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sister said:
Question.

Did any of you watch the first part/movie?

I have indeed watched the first movie when I was watching the series for the first time, it honestly helped me to understand the storyline better because of the coherency and was entertaining.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 1, 2019 1:27 AM

Aug 2015
That post-credits scene. Do they really want me to die by cuteness? Because God that was cute. So cute.
That villain whose name I can never quite remember already sucked in the anime and he kinda sucked here too, and the film was a bit rushed (only 20 minutes left and things were still getting worse and I was like "how are they gonna solve everything in here so quick?"), but I love all them characters, especially the main four, so, so much. <3

Sorry, I still can't get over how cute that ending scene was. I'm off to see it again.
PleinairFeb 1, 2019 1:31 AM

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Feb 20, 2019 4:03 AM
Dec 2018
This movie just confused the hell out of me
Mar 6, 2019 4:38 AM
Jan 2019
One of the best movies ive watched so far
Lucky anime to get such a movie
Gooood job kyoani
It was AWESOME AMAZING
Especially from the emotional side
This movie was extremely touching nd aweomely deep
An speechless....
Even from arts side it was excellent.. animation is ofc what ud expect from kyoANI
But soundtracks were surprisingly cool nd in place too
The only thing i am sad about.. is that we didnt see akihito transfer
But whatever.. it wasnt needed..
Ending was cool.. best
Development is well done...
Overall 10/10..
Mar 8, 2019 1:55 AM

Sep 2012
What a satisfying conclusion. 10/10 without a doubt. I find it funny how months ago, I hated when things get really dramatic but somehow things has changed for me and I just loved how dramatic and emotional this movie was. I didn't mind the crying scenes at all. I wasn't as bothered regarding the memory loss like other people here since what happened in s1 still mattered to mirau. It was why she was still able to feel the same for Akikito despite losing her memories. The feelings she had in her didnt disappear because of how much she loved him from s1. Dont get me wrong, it still sucks that all her memories didnt return but I'm not as bothered by it.

Also, a side note. How they handled the romance near the end felt so much like something from a shoujo. It was too cute.
FlamingMangosMar 8, 2019 1:13 PM
Mar 9, 2019 8:07 AM

Sep 2018
Movie that manages to be a cut above the previous one, the real reason for the success of this feature is to be found in the narration more balanced in moments of reflection and action; moreover, the narration is much more intimate and the participation of the characters is more effective at the level of incisivita on the events. The only flaw is that some characters are little exploited for reasons of time, so I think it was better to do a new season instead of making a movie to close the story of this anime, what a pity! Excellent graphics and animations, catchy the soundtrack and the ending.

8.5/10
Sep 5, 2019 6:07 AM
Jan 2019
so I make my biggest mistake in my life
watching the second movie than watching the first movie
I thought the 1 summarizes of TV series

well the trailer for the first movie was misleading
Jan 24, 2020 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
I had such high hopes for this movie... But apparently I was wrong.

Why did they suddenly decide to take themselves so seriously? How am I supposed to treat this story like the darkest thing ever when there's literally an idol episode in the tv series?

This movie was WAY too edgy. I thought about stopping it when Black Mirai showed up. I mean, can the plot of this movie be any more cliché? Amnesia? The darkness within? What cheap plot twists. The tv series at least to me was much more fresh and entertaining.

I identified the most with Mirai in this movie: I just wanted it to end.
Jan 28, 2020 1:00 PM

Aug 2012
This was just not interesting. At least the initial series was better paced and until the ending was easy enough to follow. This sequel just adds nothing, it's essentially a rehash of the end of the series really, similar plots except this time it's the guy saving the girl. Also it's full of so many overdone Anime cliches. At least the animation was nice

Did not enjoy the Beyond the Boundary franchise anything like as much as I expected to.
Feb 16, 2020 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
Why isn't there a romance tag for this movie? It's probably the most conclusive and best romance movie ever.
May 23, 2020 5:32 PM

Feb 2020
I was legit crying the whole 90 min. of the movie.

Also, why couldn't Kuriyama get her memories back? All the past episodes feel like an empty waste to me... I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It just makes me really sad. Like a part of Kuriyama is forever forgotten. Or like they're love will never be fully complete because of the stuff they went through prior but was forgotten. Like their fight against Kyoukai no Kanata. That battle was very impactful, but Kuriyama will have forgotten about that. I'm pretty sure my grammar is terrible making this paragraph not understandable

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 12, 2020 2:43 AM

Nov 2011
Lots of crying, shouting and meh, had its moments. My biggest gripe was even before this, right from the setup, the end of the series, where no explanation is given as to why Mirai lost her memories, she just does, and that conveniently sets up the plot for this movie. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 19, 2020 1:07 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Stupid. The older sister of Nase's family still alived. I considering it as a nonsense ever. It should be good if she just died like that crazy eyeglass warrior spirit scientist that started all of this dark matter thing with no other explanations. My satisfaction goes all down because of that shit. Really.

Atleast i've seen the continuations of their relations. Yeah, as expected, love really strong enough to prevented any darkness that stole your heart. So, kept your heart healthy with a strong love to your lover, okay? Like our love birds there that finally long lived together. I just really hope that 'Beyond the Boundary' thing really sealed off forever and never returned to the world.

I must be honest that the storyline is not finish at all. Too much question that can't never revealed, like Akihito mom's past and the continuations of her conversation with Kuriyama's mom. Then, to Aki's past as a kid, its still uncompleted on this movie. And then, the Beyond the Boundary initial history. Since KyoAni itself never released another continuity, i might be a little dissapointed about this serialization. However, as an anime only watcher, i shall say that this movie can meet my 'great' level criteria. I can't besiding KyoAni's amazing art and animation. They kept their best on this movie, its really good. I can't forgetting how sweet their interaction, even on the last seconds of this diabolic movie. I can't denied how well the battle shit on this movie directed, at every frame rate. Its too detailed orientation. So, with that shit, adding some minus appearance with unexplanations toward some of the plot hole, i give this movie a 9/10. Detail should be attached like these:
Story wise: 8
Art dept: 10
Sounds dept:10
Characters: 9
Enjoyment: 8.
With detail scored at 9.2.

Thats my short summary over this 'okay' movie.
badabassJul 19, 2020 1:13 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 11, 2020 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
What happend to Hiroomi and Mitsuki and the end?
Aug 15, 2020 8:16 AM
Apr 2016
The anime series was sloppy. The movie is no better. Mirai is irrirtating af. But in the second half I kept murmuring "please drop dead". Mirai kept whining she's not normal after every two minutes. Shut up b+tch. Nobody is normal around her. Everyone has his/her own problems. She kept saying "I'm not normal" yet dragged others to her bs. I gave a 6 to the anime series. But I'm giving the movie a 7 because they at least tried to explain some plots inspite of the shitty writing.
Oct 28, 2020 6:24 AM

Aug 2014
A disappointing ending. Could have been much better tbh and the drama felt so dragged out at times. 6/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 16, 2021 7:31 AM
Jul 2020
Hidden gem right here
Jun 1, 2021 1:17 AM
May 2021
1000/10!!! Just watched this 2021 and I love it!!!
Jun 11, 2021 11:23 PM

Dec 2020
ZKCode said:
1000/10!!! Just watched this 2021 and I love it!!!
SUPEEEEER AGREEEEEEE ASGAGSHDAHDG THEY ARE SO FKN ADORABLE AND AAAAAAAAAAAAA *dies* ANYWAYS KYOTO ANIMATION IS AMAZING!!111!!!!11!111!1!!11
I want to commit Ctrl+f4 nya~ o3o
Jun 11, 2021 11:26 PM

Dec 2020
IT IS AMAZING AND THE ANIMATION AAAAAAAAA JUST SUGOII LIKE OMG THATS SO ADORABLE AND THE FULL ANIME JUST MAKE ME CRY OF SAD AND HAPPINESS AND THAT ENDING MAKE ME CRIES SO BAD ITS MAKE MY HEART GO BOOM BOOOM HAPPYY :"D 10000/10
I want to commit Ctrl+f4 nya~ o3o
Aug 12, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2019
My mother and what an extraordinary movie, however, brother, I didn't expect Izumi-san to be behind the attacks at all, I was thinking a bit after seeing that he is human, but brother, how can he have such power ... And this is Akihito too a bit insensitive to hiding Mira's past ... I mean, how he thinks this happiness is talking about sheep. (; ´д `) ゞ > ︿ <
She can't believe how great this movie was, bro. How come ... I can't believe that guy was behind all the attacks and not poor Izumi-san and the poor Kuriyama. normal ... Brother, I really thought he was gone then, he saddened me quite a lot, and that's why Akihito's mother couldn't stay with him, because he was the guardian of the worlds? But if she had so much power, why didn't she help them too? Or poor Mitsuki and how sad she was but a little tearful for her personality. q (≧ ▽ ≦ q) [] ~ ( ̄ ▽  ̄) ~ * The girls with the glasses look the most kawaii, Akihito taught me well.ヾ (≧ ▽ ≦ *) o
Mar 21, 2022 2:24 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
There are still a few technical things that I'm still confused about, but it doesn't matter too much. What does matter is that our lovers are together, and that their love has conquered the Beyond the Boundary.

I really liked the somber tone it went for; it certainly added a weight to it all. I still found it to lack some real substance. They love each other, they saved the day, and that's it. If that's all it was going for, then that's alright. It just has to hit the right emotional notes with its audience, which clearly it did.

It's solid, but not quite amazing. I will say that this certainly is better directed than any of the episodes from the series, resulting in me being twice as invested in these characters than before. It's a good time, and succeeds in capitalizing on what the series has set up.

6/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 14, 2022 6:57 PM
Nov 2020
Everything about this anime is beautiful. The art the characters and the world. The movie brings a fitting end to our anime,and ends it on a high note
Aug 10, 2022 2:22 AM

Jan 2020
the problem with this movie is the drama and me feeling absolutely nothing. i did cry at the scene with her mother though, i thought that was beautifully incoporated.
for me otherwise this movie was more about its beautiful animation than the rest, which is still rather disappointing overall... i'm giving this a 6/10.
Oct 31, 2022 7:22 PM
Apr 2022
cause this movie its very cool. even for the first time i watch it as an season at kyoukai no kanata anime tv i already been falling love at this anime
Jan 3, 2023 7:07 AM

Mar 2020
aaaaaaah that's cute xD
Feb 8, 2023 1:36 PM

Jul 2022
Made me cry 9/10 no kiss :(
Mar 19, 2023 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
this was better than the series, the story was interesting an the action was impressive, though at times it had too much crying 7/10
Jul 16, 2023 2:50 PM
Jun 2023
Oriovel menó não e segredo
Aug 22, 2023 3:47 AM
May 2021
Never thought a fantasy action anime would move me in such a emotional level.

There is not enough words to describe how much I loved it but numbers can 100/10 will never get bored of rewatching it and feeling just as emotional every single time without remote

YannilonSep 3, 2023 1:33 AM
Nov 24, 2023 8:26 PM

Sep 2021
Just finished the series, and there's an emptiness in my heart rn
Goodnight, Punpun 
Apr 23, 7:07 AM
Mar 2021
This was a very good watch, loved the show and everything. Feel like they could've given us more informations and stuff , but still what's done and finished in the end it's all good . Absolutely great stuff .
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What was that ending? Spoilers for the ending.

babybebop - Jan 31, 2023

2 by wikimated »»
Feb 1, 2023 9:12 PM

» Weird genre

Eyad_Alshabibi - Nov 19, 2022

4 by inevitable_soul »»
Nov 19, 2022 10:01 AM

» Does this movie explain how Mirai survive in season 1?

RjtheGreat14 - Oct 14, 2021

3 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Oct 15, 2021 2:04 AM

» Akihito's mother - The most influential character to the whole plot.

Gunkan2213 - Oct 6, 2021

0 by Gunkan2213 »»
Oct 6, 2021 2:57 AM

» Can someone explain to me?

LeonLanford - May 22, 2016

6 by Gunkan2213 »»
Oct 2, 2021 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.